IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all, I have a brand new box of glucophage 750 mg, 13 tablets of duphaston and 30-40 tablets of folic acid from life extension to give away. These are medications taken when you’re doing ivf with suresh and some are duphaston when you are pregnant. Please PM for collection if interested. Thank you

5, 3, 1...hahaha
Hi! Been a lurker for a long time and going to try for my second one soon..

Can I check what did you do to have 3 successful cycles? Did you change your diet and have the same medications for all your cycles? I'm finding it hard to be strict with my diet now after giving birth... :confused:

I did...cos I was bleeding for first few months and I was kiasee, so since there would be no side effects, I ate till like almost 6 months.
May I know how bad is your bleeding..? I am also bleeding with red and brown discharge.. this week should be week 6-7. I went o&g last Friday and doc increase my Duphaston from 2 times to 3 times a day from 2 times and said to monitor.. but my bleeding persist.. not sure if I should go check..

May I know how bad is your bleeding..? I am also bleeding with red and brown discharge.. this week should be week 6-7. I went o&g last Friday and doc increase my Duphaston from 2 times to 3 times a day from 2 times and said to monitor.. but my bleeding persist.. not sure if I should go check..

Request for a support jab. If u are with Govt hospital n they are not willing to give just walk in to pte gynae.

Does anyone know how is the waiting time in terms of the time from booking to actual appt and queue time when we arrive at Dr tan hh's new clinic?

Does anyone know how is the waiting time in terms of the time from booking to actual appt and queue time when we arrive at Dr tan hh's new clinic?
I can’t comment on the time from booking to actual alot but the q time is much much shorter than I used to see him at kkh clinic D. Less than 15mins if it is not crowded.

I was constantly having brown spotting till week 12, so when I sneezed or walked too much, I could feel spotting with brown discharge with red tinge, occasionally with dark red bleeding. Yeah, I was on duphaston 3x, inserts also. I went got support jabs almost once every week - report to KKH O&G when the brown spotting got too much or colour change to dark red.

Hi! Been a lurker for a long time and going to try for my second one soon..

Can I check what did you do to have 3 successful cycles? Did you change your diet and have the same medications for all your cycles? I'm finding it hard to be strict with my diet now after giving birth... :confused:
Nope, I did not change my diet and yes, medications are the same with slight increase in dosage due to age. I was under THH.

Hi
Does anyone encountered continuous bleeding or spotting after hcg drop to 0 ? I had my blood test done after my first menses finished, n it is confirmed that hcg is already 0. But i m still having continuous spotting (even with fresh blood) after hcg drops to 0. My miscarriage was in around mid Nov. My hcg is very low to start with, n was advised to wait naturally.
Very frustating to see bleeding even after hcg drop to 0..n dont think is my next menses, as my previous one (the 1st menses after mc) is just 2 weeks ago. I started yoga since some weeks back, but doubt it causes bleeding

Hi
Does anyone encountered continuous bleeding or spotting after hcg drop to 0 ? I had my blood test done after my first menses finished, n it is confirmed that hcg is already 0. But i m still having continuous spotting (even with fresh blood) after hcg drops to 0. My miscarriage was in around mid Nov. My hcg is very low to start with, n was advised to wait naturally.
Very frustating to see bleeding even after hcg drop to 0..n dont think is my next menses, as my previous one (the 1st menses after mc) is just 2 weeks ago. I started yoga since some weeks back, but doubt it causes bleeding
Hi I cant recall for my case but its normal that the period will be haywire after a mc, and after stopping all the supports meds. The next 1-2 cycles may be affected as well. Recuperate well before starting the next cycle

Hi I cant recall for my case but its normal that the period will be haywire after a mc, and after stopping all the supports meds. The next 1-2 cycles may be affected as well. Recuperate well before starting the next cycle
Thanks for sharing. Yup, i would like to enjoy CNY b4 proceeding to next attempt.

Hi all, after tested in Nov 2019 that my fet was negative, i only had 1 menses in Nov n till today my menses had yet to come. Can i go to the polyclinic to ask for a jab to induce my menses?

Dear ladies
I finally found the time and courage to write this. I'm a long time forummer since 2015 and some of u might find my nick familiar. I'm here to share my story, which hopefully you'll find inspiring, or uplifting in your darkest moments, or when u think life will never deal u a good card. I WAS YOU, I was going thru this. But today, I'm a happy and contented mother of a little one turning 5 months.

After my 1st 2 failed ivfs in 2015/16, I decided that I needed a drastic change and I started diligently cutting cold drinks, sleeping early, seeing a TCM for meds and acu, exercising regularly, and drinking red date/red bean soup almost on a daily basis. My efforts finally paid off with my 3rd ivf - my 1st BFP, only to have it last 9 weeks, ending in a bleed out miscarriage.

I tried again and got pregnant again at my 4th ivf, only to lose it again, this time faster at 5 weeks.

Determined to find out why I'm able to get pregnant but not able to sustain a pregnancy, I consulted recurrent miscarriage expert Dr Sheila Vasoo. She put me thru many tests and I was diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation and Protein S deficiency, i.e. sticky blood. This started my journey with blood thinners and optimised follate. However, I then developed an allergy to oral blood thinner (aspirin) and Dr Vasoo advised me to do daily Clexane injections instead. If u think ivf needles hurt, Clexane hurt many times worse. Imagine doing this everyday. (Imagine paying $15 for every single jab - yes this is how costly Clexane is in a private hosp).

With this medication, I thought I found a magic bullet for my recurrent miscarriages, only to discover that I have a fibroid on my uterus wall which might have caused the mcs as well. To make matters worse, one surgery wasn't enough to remove my fibroid totally and I went for 2 surgeries to totally remove this. By this time, it's already end 2017. Then, my true nightmare started. My menses dropped from 3 days to 2. My lining hovered around a 5mm-7mm and could never meet my IVF doc's requirement. I tried different TCMs, herbs, acupuncture and I continued to drink red date/red bean soup, with pomegranate juice, beetroot etc to help with lining. The whole 2018 I was battling thin lining issues and my FET got postponed and postponed. My IVF doc asked me to consider surrogacy. My world crashed.

Refusing to believe this is the end, I changed TCM after my 5th IVF transfer (which was a BFN) in 2018 and saw a very good one whose herbs worked like magic for me. I saw her for 4 mths, although my menses and lining situation didn't improve, I consciously knew that my body felt better, I had great digestion patterns and I didnt feel lethargic anymore. It could be a combination of many factors as I also started acu with a new TCM, started to eat beef (for lining) and also did intralipids with the advice of Dr Vasoo. Dr Vasoo monitored my hormone levels and gave me new medications to manage my thyroid levels. I'm not a thyroid patient but according to her, making sure thyroid hormonal balance is good, and a very key component for success for ivf.

My last straw was... a very thin lining (6mm) for my Dec 2018, my 6th IVF cycle. My IVF doc encouraged me to abandon cycle. My TCM wasn't super hopeful. But I knew better. My thyroid levels were excellent. I felt good and energetic daily. My bowels were regular. I could fall asleep well and wake early naturally. All these told me that my body was ready, and with intralipids to boost my body, I went for a transfer. This resulted in my 3rd BFP, a baby boy who is turning 5 months soon coming 9 Jan.

So ladies, thanks for reading my long story. In short, I just wanna say the wait seems long when you're stuck in it. The sky is darkest when dawn is abt to break. It may look bleak for u as it did for me (6 IVFs, 3 fresh cycles, fibroid surgeries, blood thinner allergies, recurrent miscarriages, super thin lining, pushed towards surrogacy) but with faith and persistence, success will come. I know it's hard to have faith, and hard to believe that you'd indeed be so lucky.. I was in your shoes once. For someone like me with such dire conditions, I got pregnant (actually with twins! although one of the twins left us at Week 7). It will happen for u too. Just have to keep your positivity, HOPE gives us strength. Jiayou if you're still fighting the fight. I wish u all the best and tonnes of baby dust to you ladies here!!

Last edited:
Dear ladies
I finally found the time and courage to write this. I'm a long time forummer since 2015 and some of u might find my nick familiar. I'm here to share my story, which hopefully you'll find inspiring, or uplifting in your darkest moments, or when u think life will never deal u a good card. I WAS YOU, I was going thru this. But today, I'm a happy and contented mother of a little one turning 5 months.

After my 1st 2 failed ivfs in 2015/16, I decided that I needed a drastic change and I started diligently cutting cold drinks, sleeping early, seeing a TCM for meds and acu, exercising regularly, and drinking red date/red bean soup almost on a daily basis. My efforts finally paid off with my 3rd ivf - my 1st BFP, only to have it last 9 weeks, ending in a bleed out miscarriage.

I tried again and got pregnant again at my 4th ivf, only to lose it again, this time faster at 5 weeks.

Determined to find out why I'm able to get pregnant but not able to sustain a pregnancy, I consulted recurrent miscarriage expert Dr Sheila Vasoo. She put me thru many tests and I was diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation and sticky blood. This started my journey with blood thinners and oxidised folic acid. However, I then developed an allergy to oral blood thinner (aspirin) and Dr Vasoo advised me to do daily Clexane injections instead. If u think ivf needles hurt, Clexane hurt many times worse. Imagine doing this everyday. (Imagine paying $15 for every single jab - yes this is how costly Clexane is in a private hosp).

With this medication, I thought I found a magic bullet for my recurrent miscarriages, only to discover that I have a fibroid on my uterus wall which might have caused the mcs as well. To make matters worse, one surgery wasn't enough to remove my fibroid totally and I went for 2 surgeries to totally remove this. By this time, it's already end 2017. Then, my true nightmare started. My menses dropped from 3 days to 2. My lining hovered around a 5mm-7mm and could never meet my IVF doc's requirement. I tried different TCMs, herbs, acupuncture and I continued to drink red date/red bean soup, with pomegranate juice, beetroot etc to help with lining. The whole 2018 I was battling thin lining issues and my FET got postponed and postponed. My IVF doc asked me to consider surrogacy. My world crashed.

Refusing to believe this is the end, I changed TCM after my 5th IVF transfer (which was a BFN) in 2018 and saw a very good one whose herbs worked like magic for me. I saw her for 4 mths, although my menses and lining situation didn't improve, I consciously knew that my body felt better, I had great digestion patterns and I didnt feel lethargic anymore. It could be a combination of many factors as I also started acu with a new TCM, started to eat beef (for lining) and also did intralipids with the advice of Dr Vasoo. Dr Vasoo monitored my hormone levels and gave me new medications to manage my thyroid levels. I'm not a thyroid patient but according to her, making sure thyroid hormonal balance is good, and a very key component for success for ivf.

My last straw was... a very thin lining (6mm) for my Dec 2018, my 6th IVF cycle. My IVF doc encouraged me to abandon cycle. My TCM wasn't super hopeful. But I knew better. My thyroid levels were excellent. I felt good and energetic daily. My bowels were regular. I could fall asleep well and wake early naturally. All these told me that my body was ready, and with intralipids to boost my body, I went for a transfer. This resulted in my 3rd BFP, a baby boy who is turning 5 months soon coming 9 Jan.

So ladies, thanks for reading my long story. In short, I just wanna say the wait seems long when you're stuck in it. The sky is darkest when dawn is abt to break. It may look bleak for u as it did for me (6 IVFs, 3 fresh cycles, fibroid surgeries, blood thinner allergies, recurrent miscarriages, super thin lining, pushed towards surrogacy) but with faith and persistence, success will come. I know it's hard to have faith, and hard to believe that you'd indeed be so lucky.. I was in your shoes once. For someone like me with such dire conditions, I got pregnant (actually with twins! although one of the twins left us at Week 7). It will happen for u too. Just have to keep your positivity, HOPE gives us strength. Jiayou if you're still fighting the fight. I wish u all the best and tonnes of baby dust to you ladies here!!
Thank you for sharing! *Salute*

Dear ladies

Determined to find out why I'm able to get pregnant but not able to sustain a pregnancy, I consulted recurrent miscarriage expert Dr Sheila Vasoo. She put me thru many tests and I was diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation and sticky blood. This started my journey with blood thinners and oxidised folic acid. However, I then developed an allergy to oral blood thinner (aspirin) and Dr Vasoo advised me to do daily Clexane injections instead. If u think ivf needles hurt, Clexane hurt many times worse. Imagine doing this everyday. (Imagine paying $15 for every single jab - yes this is how costly Clexane is in a private hosp).

will u recommend ur tcm?

Yes for sure. She has helped a couple of ladies in this forum to get BFP also. She's Dr Loh Kim Gek at Thong Chai Chinatown.

For acupuncture I see Dr Qiu Xiaoqian at Ang Mo Kio. These are my benefactors which I will remain forever grateful!
I used to go Thong Chai under a recommendation by a mummy here as well. Can u help to refresh my memory when is her rest day?

I used to go Thong Chai under a recommendation by a mummy here as well. Can u help to refresh my memory when is her rest day?
I remember Tan Siew Boey used to be from Thong Chai too, until Mark Lee went to seek her help and he mentioned her name on TV and she got famous and opened her own clinic.

I visited at her clinic a few years back and personally, I am not very comfortable with her.

#FameGotOverHerHead

I remember Tan Siew Boey used to be from Thong Chai too, until Mark Lee went to seek her help and he mentioned her name on TV and she got famous and opened her own clinic.

I visited at her clinic a few years back and personally, I am not very comfortable with her.

#FameGotOverHerHead

Tell me about it .... i saw her for 2 cycles. Only asked me Questions but told me nothing on my body constitution and stopped seeing her after she passed sarcastic remarks just because i told her i drank red dates and wolfberries drink daily. Thats it .. she’s one arrogant dr.

Subsequently i went to Dr Loh Kim Gek at Thong Chai. Shes a world of difference as compared to Dr SB Tan.

Not only did she gave me herbs to help on my endo lining, her herbs also helped in my body constitution. I had v bad sinus prior and she helped me fixed this long term issue which had been bugging me for many years. None of the other fertility TCMs i saw helped me in this.. Grateful to have met such a dedicated TCM dr like her.

What did she prescribe?

She took our pulses and saw our tongue and prescribed herbs (we will take her prescription to medical hall to buy and brew the concoction). sometimes if her herbs were too heaty for my body, she would advise to add in certain herbs into the original prescription. This is definitely a holistic treatment than just purely prescribing ttcing herbs.

Hi, may i check if anyone managed to get pregnant with protein s deficiency? I heard a lot of cases of miscarriages due to thick blood, so i did a my protein s test and it shows deficiency. Doctor advised to do another test before fet and will give heparin if required.

Hi all! We are planning to start our first ivf with nuh after one unsuccessful so iui with kkh.

Appreciate if anyone can share their nuh experience especially if u switch from kkh and if nuh will allow us to start ivf immediately?

Both of us did all the pre tests and all cleared..

Hi, may i check if anyone managed to get pregnant with protein s deficiency? I heard a lot of cases of miscarriages due to thick blood, so i did a my protein s test and it shows deficiency. Doctor advised to do another test before fet and will give heparin if required.
Yes I just updated my story a few posts back.. I have protein S deficiency ie thick blood. Was prescribed aspirin, then subsequently Clexane injection. Both are blood thinners. Your dosage will be dependent on yr protein S deficiency index. Don't worry, people get pregnant even with protein S deficiency. I know several ladies who ivf BFP with the same conditions too. Good luck for your test!

Back