IVF/ICSI Support Group

Doesn works for mi coz my egg doesn grow at all which tcm cant manage to diagnose it tcm can only prescribe to tiao ur body n womb to make it warm. After that we go for ivf n no more tcm for us le
You have a kid already right? Saw the profile pic

KKH called me and said I'm not pregnant cos my hcg level is only 21, ask me to go back for retest on Monday. But I tested positive on test kit for 3 days in a row... feeling so upset now.

KKH called me and said I'm not pregnant cos my hcg level is only 21, ask me to go back for retest on Monday. But I tested positive on test kit for 3 days in a row... feeling so upset now.
Hi Purple, don't fret. HcG level 21 is considered pregnant, but they just want to see the HcG level doubles or triples or even more on Monday. If it doubles / triples / more, then you are out of the woods. They may be afraid it's a chemical pregnancy

Normal hCG Values In Pregnancy

• Blood hCG under 5 mIU/ml: Negative. Not pregnant

• Blood hCG between 5-25 mIU/ml: "Equivocal". Maybe pregnant maybe not. Repeat test in a couple of days

• Blood hCG over 25 mIU/ml: You are pregnant!

• One single hCG reading is not enough to make a clear diagnosis. Several hCG tests days apart give a more accurate assessment of the situation.

• The blood hCG levels should not be used to date a pregnancy since these numbers can vary so widely.
Source: https://www.babymed.com/normal-hcg-blood-level-by-week-during-pregnancy

Normal hCG Values In Pregnancy

• Blood hCG under 5 mIU/ml: Negative. Not pregnant

• Blood hCG between 5-25 mIU/ml: "Equivocal". Maybe pregnant maybe not. Repeat test in a couple of days

• Blood hCG over 25 mIU/ml: You are pregnant!

• One single hCG reading is not enough to make a clear diagnosis. Several hCG tests days apart give a more accurate assessment of the situation.

• The blood hCG levels should not be used to date a pregnancy since these numbers can vary so widely.
Source: https://www.babymed.com/normal-hcg-blood-level-by-week-during-pregnancy
I saw this too. I called back KKH and they said hcg level should be 250 n above if preggy.

bo bian, I guess we just have to wait for monday. In the meantime, continue with the support?
I asked them and they say don't need, just finish tonight one. If Monday confirm preggy, they give oral med. Just upset why the staff outright say I not preggy when nothing has been confirmed. Since ask me to retest, means still got hope right.

I asked them and they say don't need, just finish tonight one. If Monday confirm preggy, they give oral med. Just upset why the staff outright say I not preggy when nothing has been confirmed. Since ask me to retest, means still got hope right.

Just hope that hcg will double when u test again, if not double mean consider as chemical pregnancy

Why they ask you to stop medication if they cannot confirm you are not pregnant? If I were u, I continue the medication until blood test on Monday.

Take another pregnancy test tomorrow? The lines should get darker and obvious.

Why they ask you to stop medication if they cannot confirm you are not pregnant? If I were u, I continue the medication until blood test on Monday.

Take another pregnancy test tomorrow? The lines should get darker and obvious.
They asked if I'm bleeding, I told them no. I'm left with last dose for tonight only, so I called them to ask if I need anymore for Sat till Mon morning and they said don't need.

It could also be due to late implantation. I understand that hcg above 2 means pregnant. What is more important is the rate of increase. Jiayou! Stay positive and tell baby to jiayou too! We are all rooting for you ya.

Were u given vaginal progesterone daily 3 times to insert? Do u have to bring them to work? Can share how you manage
Yes, previously vaginal progesterone 3x daily. Morning 730am 1x, afternoon 3pm 1x and night 10pm 1x.

Just bring to work and insert lo.

Fret not ! For my no1, my beta was like hanging me on a cliff ...

10d3pt - 8.5
15d3pt - 157
17d3pt - 826 ... and i tested till my hcg was 5k+ before i could breathe normally. He is turning 7 yrs old this year.

have faith and talk loads to your little sticky beanie.

Fret not ! For my no1, my beta was like hanging me on a cliff ...

10d3pt - 8.5
15d3pt - 157
17d3pt - 826 ... and i tested till my hcg was 5k+ before i could breathe normally. He is turning 7 yrs old this year.

have faith and talk loads to your little sticky beanie.
Thanks for your encouragement. My 14dp2dt was only 21. But I read up and Clearblue sensitivity level is 25, so find it strange too. Honestly, the most upsetting was since they ask me go Bck retest, why the staff outright say I'm not pregnant becos my hcg level is low. It's so depressing to hear this.

As of today, I'm still having positive on test kit. Really hope Monday levels go up.

Yes, previously vaginal progesterone 3x daily. Morning 730am 1x, afternoon 3pm 1x and night 10pm 1x.

Just bring to work and insert lo.
Yah I’m the same as yours and given 3 types of progesterone. Plus crinone gel needs to be refrigerated.. After u insert in the noon, did u like rest in the toilet cubicle? Lolx sorry for asking.... just curious how u did it

Yah I’m the same as yours and given 3 types of progesterone. Plus crinone gel needs to be refrigerated.. After u insert in the noon, did u like rest in the toilet cubicle? Lolx sorry for asking.... just curious how u did it
No ley, I did not refrigerate crinone gel. Must it be refrigerated?nope, after insert, I went back to the office and sat. Better than sitting on the toilet bowl right?

Thanks for your encouragement. My 14dp2dt was only 21. But I read up and Clearblue sensitivity level is 25, so find it strange too. Honestly, the most upsetting was since they ask me go Bck retest, why the staff outright say I'm not pregnant becos my hcg level is low. It's so depressing to hear this.

As of today, I'm still having positive on test kit. Really hope Monday levels go up.
I realized that the double lines must be very strong lines to be safe. Jia you Jia you!

Fwah ! Such insensitive remarks ...
The clearblue hpts were my daily lifeline... meanwhile use them to test tmr N monday morning before heading down for another re-test.

Have positive vibes !!!
Hahaha! Are you talking to a POAS addict here? *me me me*

I realized that the double lines must be very strong lines to be safe. Jia you Jia you!
Today's one like getting a bit faint, top to bottom from earliest to latest.
2e21eb1971743c391e5c136856d40ed8.jpg

Maybe you can consider getting the other series with wordings “pregnant - if so will indicate how many weeks, or not pregnant”

I think that one is more straightforward.
Since tmr blood test already, I guess no point especially if it's really a chemical pregnancy. Thanks for the suggestion though! Am a bit giving up hope already, sigh.

Did they ask you to go back for a blood test to check again?
Sorry for the late respond..yes..after i had low counts even tho positive.. I have to come back the next few days and the number decreases,thats when i know its a chemical pregnancy,sad though but i manage to get over it.. I know how u feel...Cheer up.. And don give up ya..we re all in the same boat!

Sorry for the late respond..yes..after i had low counts even tho positive.. I have to come back the next few days and the number decreases,thats when i know its a chemical pregnancy,sad though but i manage to get over it.. I know how u feel...Cheer up.. And don give up ya..we re all in the same boat!
Did they give you any medication in between the tests? So just go back and take blood test and go back to work after it?

Did they give you any medication in between the tests? So just go back and take blood test and go back to work after it?
If hcg level does not cross 250, it will just be blood test. For chemical pregnancy, they need to monitor to ensure the hcg level declines at least to a low enough level. This is to rule out etopic pregnancy.

If hcg level does not cross 250, it will just be blood test. For chemical pregnancy, they need to monitor to ensure the hcg level declines at least to a low enough level. This is to rule out etopic pregnancy.
My hcg level reduced from 21.2 on Friday to 20.7 today but doc says if fail the reduction should be more, so they want me to do a blood test again on Tuesday. But they have asked me to be mentally prepared that the pregnancy might fail.

Since tmr blood test already, I guess no point especially if it's really a chemical pregnancy. Thanks for the suggestion though! Am a bit giving up hope already, sigh.

Purplelicious b, wait for the final verdict first. Hope you find the mental strength to continue this journey to parenthood.

My hcg level reduced from 21.2 on Friday to 20.7 today but doc says if fail the reduction should be more, so they want me to do a blood test again on Tuesday. But they have asked me to be mentally prepared that the pregnancy might fail.
Keep praying and hope for the best tomorrow. Our body is a very intelligent system. If it is viable, it will do the necessary to support the pregnancy. Jiayou and all the best to you!

Back