IVF/ICSI Support Group

Har! What happens if you decided not to go for any cycle after this? Still have to take :/ funny policy

Yeah. As long as for ur upcoming cycle is within the 6 month validity. Past it, have to re-do the test.
I get it every year cause I only do one cycle a year. 6 months is hardly enough time to recuperate from a fresh cycle and be ready for another fresh.

Yeah. As long as for ur upcoming cycle is within the 6 month validity. Past it, have to re-do the test.
I get it every year cause I only do one cycle a year. 6 months is hardly enough time to recuperate from a fresh cycle and be ready for another fresh.
Hi Mich, how come you only go for fresh cycle?

Bosses are ok?
You ladies bfp?

Actually i also have this struggle. The last round i did not take HL but took annual leave and did not take the full 16 days. It was not successful.

This time round we decided to everything slightly differently from the 1st round. Now i am still on 2ww. I will let you know on Monday :) hopefully positive news.

Our thinking is everyone is different so some pple do better with more rest but some do better by keeping their minds off thinking about the results during 2ww. I think as long as your job is not too strenuous and stressful. Not a bad idea to work during 2ww.

Actually i also have this struggle. The last round i did not take HL but took annual leave and did not take the full 16 days. It was not successful.

This time round we decided to everything slightly differently from the 1st round. Now i am still on 2ww. I will let you know on Monday :) hopefully positive news.

Our thinking is everyone is different so some pple do better with more rest but some do better by keeping their minds off thinking about the results during 2ww. I think as long as your job is not too strenuous and stressful. Not a bad idea to work during 2ww.
Wish you all the best.

Didn’t expect myself to try again this time right after a failed cycle. And, I have indeed taken too much off.

Very much wanted to try again but yet scared as well. Not young anymore and if really cannot, guess I need to be contented with just 1.

Actually i also asked the same question to CHR. And they told me there is a validity period of the test. Which is 6 months for both couple.
I’m with KKH so it looks like the case across hospitals. Certainly need to re-do for fresh cycles cos hubby will need to produce specimen. Just puzzled why he also need to do so for FET maybe they just want to be doubly sure both are healthy. Anyway just got to guai guai follow.

Hi all. I have very thin lining at 6mm and supposedly should go for medicated FET transfer some time next week. Have anyone experienced thin linings and is there any other methods to increase it for better chance of implantation? I was prescribed with estrofem (estrogen) to help to thicken.

Thanks in advance.

I also have thin lining. My last cycle was a natural FET but lining was only 5.6 mm and also seemed that I had ovulated so the doctors said to cancel cycle.

Now I’m doing medicated FET. Praying hard to have a thicker lining this time round to proceed. Have been drinking TCM, doing acupuncture with Dr Zou and red bean soup.

If the nurse mentioned about your FET coinciding with his leave, chances are quite high. Afterall, they are very experienced in calculating ER, ET, BT etc.

For myself, my FET coincided with THH's absence. Matthew Lau did the ET for me and that particular embryo turned out to be my eldest son, who is 4 years old.

Thank you, towkayneo & MichNg

Apparently my worries are unfounded because my transfer will not coincide with his leave if my lining is ideal.

Last edited:

If BFP, it would be a Dec2018 baby. Hope we can gather in that chat :)

Hello ladies,

Anyone knows if hubby needs to redo hiv blood test after 6 months for FET?

Ladies,
This question also bugged me till my ivf dr explained. I did my ivf in tmc and was asked to do HIV tests even for my fet and the embryos were more than a few months old. Its a MOH requirement ...

there is an incubation period for HIV before it can be detected in our blood stream. So there is a need to redo the blood tests prior our cycles just to be sure that our frozen embryos are ok as well as at the time we want to cycle again so that we are at pink of health.

Hi Ladies,

Do you all take HL when doing IVF?
The dr told me to choose hw many days i wanted And i only took 6days.1st day full rest after Et.the rest of it daily window shopping.once back to work resume normal activities..

May i know dr gave you how many kind of progestrone support for 2ww? I was given crinone gel twice a day and dupstson pill 1 tablet twice a day. Is it enough?

May i know dr gave you how many kind of progestrone support for 2ww? I was given crinone gel twice a day and dupstson pill 1 tablet twice a day. Is it enough?
I was given crinone gel twice daily, duphaston, twice daily and progynova - 6mg every morning.

just do it! it will make no diff whether it's today or tomorrow

Hahahah! I tot i read online saying that the earliest is 11dpt3dt and since i am 4dt so i tot tomorrow will be earliest. Actually i am alittle nervous. So i have been sleeping alot and spending more time with my puppy.
Lets see how. Trying my best not to reach out to the stick.

Hahahah! I tot i read online saying that the earliest is 11dpt3dt and since i am 4dt so i tot tomorrow will be earliest. Actually i am alittle nervous. So i have been sleeping alot and spending more time with my puppy.
Lets see how. Trying my best not to reach out to the stick.

For my previous BFP in 2015, I got it on 8DP4DT. So you know what to do...:p :p :p *Devil's advocate*

I'm not a TCM believer. I have never touched on acupuncture.

Previously before IVF, I did try Tan Siew Buoy but gave up after 3 visits. So for IVF, it's purely IVF, no TCM, massage etc.

I took tcm frm her for a yr before i try for ivf haha

For my previous BFP in 2015, I got it on 8DP4DT. So you know what to do...:p :p :p *Devil's advocate*

I let myself into POAS today. And it is a BFP! Really solid lines! I tested with a First Response then went to double confirm with a Clear blue!

Baby dust to all! So excited now :D

Attachments

• FE72E1A6-A04A-4EB6-9E54-36BC437FB479.jpeg
    FE72E1A6-A04A-4EB6-9E54-36BC437FB479.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 273
  • 989E5D79-2711-44B7-A8D7-42F361ADA04F.jpeg
    989E5D79-2711-44B7-A8D7-42F361ADA04F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 316

Back