IVF/ICSI Support Group

Proluton injections are additional womb support measures. KKH will only give the crinone gel or vaginal tablets so when Dr Yeong told me he will give me the injections as well, I gladly took it.

The other thing u can ask for is an endometrial scratch, which is proven to help with implantation. I believe NUH should be able to help you with this procedure.

All the best and let me know if u have anymore questions!

KKH also gives proluton jabs (provided you experienced spotting) and yes, THH does endo scratch too :)

Hi dear all brave sisters,

I've finally been blessed by the good Lord with a BFP, and although it's something that I am not openly sharing yet (due to the fact that I'm being cautiously optimistic), I would like to share with all the brave gals who are trying so that they can have hope and continue to be brave...

My first fresh ivf was not successful (yielded a chemical pregnancy) and I was pretty devastated as my stats then were quite good (good quality embroys) and I was in pretty good shape (no OHSS)

My FET following that came as a BFN even though I was doing accupunture and undergoing Tcm... :(

As I was planning to go for the next fresh cycle in 3-4months times, I decided to buck up by changing some of my lifestyle habits. I switched to eating organic food whenever I could, I went to the gym or went for long walks more often, I took loads of supplements so that I would produce better quality eggs (royal jelly, fish oil, blackmores conceive well gold supplements, Coq10, folic acid)

3 months later just before I was cycling for my second fresh, I went to see Dr THH for the endoscratch procedure. I also went to see Dr CT Yeong (tow yung clinic) to have a session of intralipids.

I had also discussed with Dr tan to transfer blastocysts as these would have a higher chance of implantation.

During my ER, I suffered from mild OHSS and was worried that I would not be able to do the ET that same cycle, but my blood test cleared me for ET. I was quite bloated but thankfully it went down just in time for my D5 blastie transfer. Also thankfully, my blasties made it to grade A and B and Dr tan implanted 2 of them. I watched lots of Russell Peters before and after the ET as there is some evidence that laughing after the procedure helps with implantation! lol...

After my ET, I immediately went to see Dr Yeong for another session of intralipids. Dr Yeong also gave me proluton injections (for additional womb support) and prescribed me with baby asprin which is supposed to aid implantation by reducing any inflammation that may occur in the womb.

Following that for the next week or so, I tried my best to eat a fertility diet (read up on the avocado diet) which includes chickpeas, salmon and cod fish, one avocado a day, kidney beans, spinach etc

I was feeling great until my 5th day post transfer,when I started to feel very bloated.

At that point in time, I did not realise it was late onset of OHSS and I thought it was my crinone gel causing it. I tried to tolerate it but after the 6th day of being severely bloated, I couldn't take it anymore and suspected severe OHSS.

I was admitted into hospital and Dr Tan scheduled me to do a paracentesis. I had like 3-4litres of fluid which had accumulated in my abdominal cavities and I was feeling absolutely terrible, I looked 6 months pregnant!!! i was unable to eat, sleep, sit or walk :( :( it's not something I would wish on my worst enemy

Although the paracentesis was painful, it was worth the pain as the relief thereafter was so welcomed by my poor tummy.

The silver lining was that blood tests have confirmed my BFP and Dr tan was telling me that late onset of OHSS is usually due to pregnancy. although I have been suffering much the past week, I would go through all of it again just for the BFP. I only thing I would do differently is to seek help earlier to manage the OHSS, no point being a hero as your body will not thank u for it.

The level of care at KKH has been great so far and i'm looking forward to being discharged soon so I can recuperate at home and be ready for the next stage of the pregnancy.

Sorry for the long post but I thought it would be nice to share this since this is a lonely journey and there are not many gals u can talk to for support and encouragement.

Jia you everyone!!! baby dust to everyone!

Thank you so much for taking time to pen your encouragement for us all and sharing your story..congrats and all the best to u..hope everything smooth smooth!

After my acupuncture session after during lunchtime I buried myself in work the rest of the day...managed not to think abt this. :) am surprised and Glad to see all these encouraging stories when I just came back to this pg now.

It's really a much needed boost on this road..and only we will understand each other truly. The rest will never know. So thanks again! Will fight on this cycle..gg for 1st scan this fri. :)

Hello gal, unfortunately, as KKH is a government-subsidised hospital, I was told they stick to basic Ivf protocol and will not recommend anything more. While I was seeing Dr Tan, I went to see a private fertility doc separately for my intralipids. Some people have undiagnosed and recurrent implantation failures and there is some evidence that this is due to high level of NK cells (natural killer cells) which sees the embryo as a foreign body and thus attacks it.

Feel free to Google it to read more about it. Dr Yeong from tow yung clinic charges $200 per session of intralipids, which is basically a soybean solution that supposedly down-regulates your body's NK cells and thus, aid implantation.

Although there are many doctors out there who say that there is no proven scientific evidence on the success of intralipids, Dr Tan was very kind and told me to try it anyway since it doesn't hurt my chances. it's just that it was something not offered by KKH.

Proluton injections are additional womb support measures. KKH will only give the crinone gel or vaginal tablets so when Dr Yeong told me he will give me the injections as well, I gladly took it.

The other thing u can ask for is an endometrial scratch, which is proven to help with implantation. I believe NUH should be able to help you with this procedure.

Oh yes, thanks for these pointers too!
I'm on acupuncture now and stopped the tcm powder cos alrdy on stims.
Did take uniquinol, prenatal vitamins and ate healthily as much as possible the last 3 mths before this cycle. Did hysteroscopy to remove polyps last mth and also smoothen the surface for implantation. Hope it works this time!

Hello gal, unfortunately, as KKH is a government-subsidised hospital, I was told they stick to basic Ivf protocol and will not recommend anything more. While I was seeing Dr Tan, I went to see a private fertility doc separately for my intralipids. Some people have undiagnosed and recurrent implantation failures and there is some evidence that this is due to high level of NK cells (natural killer cells) which sees the embryo as a foreign body and thus attacks it.

Feel free to Google it to read more about it. Dr Yeong from tow yung clinic charges $200 per session of intralipids, which is basically a soybean solution that supposedly down-regulates your body's NK cells and thus, aid implantation.

Although there are many doctors out there who say that there is no proven scientific evidence on the success of intralipids, Dr Tan was very kind and told me to try it anyway since it doesn't hurt my chances. it's just that it was something not offered by KKH.

Think Nuh does this intralipid treatment.And so is overseas.Only kkh dun.Or mayb other hospital dun as well...Hw u know u have this nk cells tingy.Thru blood test? I tink i might have that as twice i failed fresh cycle.No implantation hapen.Or mayb lining issues due to asherman syndrome as wat i always tink.Endo scratch does not work for me but work for some.But hey i have yet to knw my main issues.nk cells vs asherman syndrome =thin lining.so many issues to tackle..And clock is ticking. Patience is all we need...

Think Nuh does this intralipid treatment.And so is overseas.Only kkh dun.Or mayb other hospital dun as well...Hw u know u have this nk cells tingy.Thru blood test? I tink i might have that as twice i failed fresh cycle.No implantation hapen.Or mayb lining issues due to asherman syndrome as wat i always tink.Endo scratch does not work for me but work for some.But hey i have yet to knw my main issues.nk cells vs asherman syndrome =thin lining.so many issues to tackle..And clock is ticking. Patience is all we need...
The only way to confirm that you have elevated NK cells is to do an expensive blood test and I think that's only available in the US. However, given that intralipids is not a very expensive procedure, I decided to do it anyway to give myself added peace of mind. My main focus this time was to do everything within my ability to get a BFP so I didn't hesitate to do it.

As for thin lining, I was also having this issue previously so I drank red bean soup and red date tea every alternate day and I think it helped. My last ultrasound scan (3 days before my ER) showed my lining to be 10.9mm

Govt Hospitals don't do intralipd

Hi hi,
If i want to see dr CT Yeong for intrallipids or proluton jab post ET, isit call to make appt first? Will he charge for first consultation if I never visited before and how much isit roughly for the first consultation? Thanks!

Hihi thanks for your info. v useful.
I am doing endo scratch next week w Prof before I start on Nor E the following week. I will ask him abt the intralipids and prolution injections.

Ya how much is 1st consultation w Dr Yeong? Don't know if I should try these additional help this cycle or c if endo scratch will help this cycle first.

I am doing endo scratch next week w Prof before I start on Nor E the following week. I will ask him abt the intralipids and prolution injections.

Ya how much is 1st consultation w Dr Yeong? Don't know if I should try these additional help this cycle or c if endo scratch will help this cycle first.

Hi hi,
If i want to see dr CT Yeong for intrallipids or proluton jab post ET, isit call to make appt first? Will he charge for first consultation if I never visited before and how much isit roughly for the first consultation? Thanks!

Yes, you will need to see Dr Yeong for a consultation first. He charges $100 for first time consulation and subsequent visits for intralipids, he will not charge for consulation, only for the intralipids sessions. He's also very nice and reassuring and if I'm not wrong, he was Dr THH's mentor when he used to be at KKH. In fact, if you asked Dr tan about where to go for intralipids, he will recommend Dr yeong to you.

Dr Yeong charged me $100 for first time consulation and subsequent visits for intralipids, he did not charge me for consultation. If you don't mind spending the additional money for a peace of mind, I think no harm going to see him.

any one know the lastest available schedule ivf date at kkh? i need to prepare my mind for it as i will be going back for my last ultra scan report

Hi sister, do we just call for require intralipids injection ? When is the right time for injection. I am going to ET next Mon, can still catch up this injection?

Hi sister, do we just call for require intralipids injection ? When is the right time for injection. I am going to ET next Mon, can still catch up this injection?

Hello gal,

Intralipids is actually an intravenous infusion, rather than an injection.

If your embryo transfer is on Monday, then the doctor will most likely schedule the intralipids tomorrow. Perhaps you want to call the clinic asap to arrange for one if you want to do intralipids tomorrow.

All the best!

Hello gal,

If your embryo transfer is on Monday, then the doctor will most likely schedule the intralipids tomorrow. Perhaps you want to call the clinic asap to arrange for one if you want to do intralipids tomorrow.

All the best!
May I know the clinic no?

Hello gal,

All the best!
Hi sister,
Is this DR Yeong from virtus? The clinic is close at this time .

Dr SF loh's clinic has intralipid too. 100 ml for $200. Lasts abt 20-25 mins. Quite painful though especially for first timer. Call his clinic 6259 1819. If I am not wrong he may not charge consultation as he has no time to see patient just for intralipid due to too many patients and long waiting time. I normally go there at 1.30pm and the nurse will set it up. Once Dr arrives, he will insert the IV. No need to wait to see and consult him. No problem to do it 1 day before or on ET day. But in total you would need 3 sessions. 1 on ET day, 1 on blood test day (if BFP), 1 on first scan day.
Hi sister , is this intralipid suitable for everyone ? No need to consult doctor before hand? No side effect ?

Yes, Dr CT Yeong from Virtus (or tow yung clinic, they are affiliated)

The number is 6737 4433

You will definitely need to do it at least one day before ET and since the clinic is not opened on Sunday, your only window will be saturday.
Thank you for your reply sister. Will try to call this clinic , not sure if they call arrange for it . If not have to call SF clinic to ask for it .

Yes, Dr CT Yeong from Virtus (or tow yung clinic, they are affiliated)

The number is 6737 4433

You will definitely need to do it at least one day before ET and since the clinic is not opened on Sunday, your only window will be saturday.
Does one time session before Et sufficient to aid implantation?

Does one time session before Et sufficient to aid implantation?

Ideally, Dr yeong would prefer to give one session around 7-10 days before ER and then another session 1-2 days before ET.

Thereafter, once BFP, he will recommend one session every fortnight until the fetal heartbeat can be seen, and then once a month until your 12th week

Intralipids does not guarantee BFP but there are many stories of how some women finally BFP after undergoing intralipids so I think no harm doing it since it doesn't hurt your chances (only your wallet!!)

Ideally, Dr yeong would prefer to give one session around 7-10 days before ER and then another session 1-2 days before ET.

Thereafter, once BFP, he will recommend one session every fortnight until the fetal heartbeat can be seen, and then once a month until your 12th week

Intralipids does not guarantee BFP but there are many stories of how some women finally BFP after undergoing intralipids so I think no harm doing it since it doesn't hurt your chances (only your wallet!!)

Just to add, there are no side effects but the first few minutes of the IV drip will feel abit tingly and painful but after that, it's ok. if u ask me, I think endoscratch was more painful!

Just to add, there are no side effects but the first few minutes of the IV drip will feel abit tingly and painful but after that, it's ok. if u ask me, I think endoscratch was more painful!
Thank you for your info sister. Waiting to see DR yeong now , lucky I saw sisters' post yesterday , this is very helpful info for me .

Ya I understand there is no 100% guarantee , just try whatever I can do to increase the chance . Thank you for your reply sister

Thank you for your info sister. Waiting to see DR yeong now , lucky I saw sisters' post yesterday , this is very helpful info for me .

I think it should be fine to go for accupunture after your intralipids, as there is no conflict between the 2.

But you might want to double check with Dr yeong just to be safe...

Good luck and all the best!!

hi all,

i'm new here! been actively trying for 1 year now. had ovarian cyst and removed it in June. i am thinking of starting ivf however i can't really decide if i should go to kkh or sgh, does anyone have recommendation? i prefer female dr :)

thank you!

hi all,

i'm new here! been actively trying for 1 year now. had ovarian cyst and removed it in June. i am thinking of starting ivf however i can't really decide if i should go to kkh or sgh, does anyone have recommendation? i prefer female dr :)

thank you!

Nuh Dr Anupriya.

Ms popee,
I can feel you as I had a similar encounter where i was spotting non stop and also a horrible bleeding episode during wk13 and i went for 2 other dr opinions and found a tear btw my water bag and uterus. Did complete bed rest for close to 4 months and the tear healed as baby grew. When are u due ?

Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy.
Hi Daylesford
Ms popee,
Ur gynea must have made u v worried. But there is nothing much he could do than ask u to bed rest. Reckoned that he also increased ur supports ? I had proluton jabs and duphaston till end of 2nd trimester.

Press on ok and be positive. Our babies can feel us ... I was so amazed that i could tahan bed resting
for so long as i am a hyper active person but all the resting is just for one goal... to carry our babies to full term & carry our bundle of joy in our arms.

Meanwhile take extra care and try to minimize walking and avoid stairs completely.
hi Daylesford & MsPopee

I'm currently in a similar situation. Am in week 8. Just had a scan, told that baby size & heart beat are ok, but there is a blood clot near the sac. No spotting. Doc recommended bed rest till the end of 1st trimester, so as to prevent baby from dislodging. But I'm also worried about the other side effects of bed rest n even how to get so many days of leave/mc/hl.
Can share how was the experience so far for you? Did the hospital give hospitalization leave for those bed rest days. If the bed rest was useful at all? N to even get through the day on bed rest?

During the scan, also found out that I lost one of the twins, so all hopes on this remaining twin now.. Thanks so much, ladies!

Weovv,
Sorry to hear the lost of one of your twins but this is pretty common in multiple ivf pregnancies and only the strongest baby/babies will survive.

On your blood clots, the best antidote is none other than complete bed-resting. You will need lessen any pelvic/gravitational forces. I did not have any side effects apart from having back aches due to prolong laying on the bed and i was also constantly worrying if my baby was doing well. :(. I had excellent family support during my bed resting days and that helped loads as i was literally home 99% of my pregnancy.

Initially i was emotionally so miserable on the thought of bed resting for so long but i survived that ordeal. Ipad and books were my greatest companions during my bed resting periods. Everything is all well worth once you carry your little bundle of joy in your arms.

For my case, my dr had ordered bed rest even throughout my pregnancy as my bleeding episode occurred towards the end of my trimester 1.
He covered me with sick/hospitalization leaves throughout my pregnancy and i was off work till the end of my maternity leave.

Meanwhile dont worry and have positive vibes. bed rest from now on and keep talking to your little fighter.

Last edited:
Endo scratch was painful for me too.Almost blankout after scratch.Gosh!

Call to book for the session is it...

hi all, I just went for my beta today and have a reading of 224 at 12dp3dt. Is that okay?
Also I noticed a slight brownish discharge. when I wipe it looks more like dirt than blood but am quite worried as I had a CP before this. Anyone experienced similar situations?

Day 15 hcg 224 consider good so don't worry. Most hospital passing mark at day 19 is 200. My hcg was 100 Plus on day 15 n preg with twins.

Weovv,
Sorry to hear the lost of one of your twins but this is pretty common in multiple ivf pregnancies and only the strongest baby/babies will survive.

On your blood clots, the best antidote is none other than complete bed-resting. You will need lessen any pelvic/gravitational forces. I did not have any side effects apart from having back aches due to prolong laying on the bed and i was also constantly worrying if my baby was doing well. :(. I had excellent family support during my bed resting days and that helped loads as i was literally home 99% of my pregnancy.

Initially i was emotionally so miserable on the thought of bed resting for so long but i survived that ordeal. Ipad and books were my greatest companions during my bed resting periods. Everything is all well worth once you carry your little bundle of joy in your arms.

For my case, my dr had ordered bed rest even throughout my pregnancy as my bleeding episode occurred towards the end of my trimester 1.
He covered me with sick/hospitalization leaves throughout my pregnancy and i was off work till the end of my maternity leave.

Meanwhile dont worry and have positive vibes. bed rest from now on and keep talking to your little fighter.
Hi Daylesford,

Thanks so much for your reply and encouraging words. Really appreciate you sharing your experience :)

Yes, you will need to see Dr Yeong for a consultation first. He charges $100 for first time consulation and subsequent visits for intralipids, he will not charge for consulation, only for the intralipids sessions. He's also very nice and reassuring and if I'm not wrong, he was Dr THH's mentor when he used to be at KKH. In fact, if you asked Dr tan about where to go for intralipids, he will recommend Dr yeong to you.
I think it should be fine to go for accupunture after your intralipids, as there is no conflict between the 2.

But you might want to double check with Dr yeong just to be safe...

Good luck and all the best!!

All the best Winnie for ur ET tmr! I'm going for ER tmr and Still considering if shld do it for this cycle since I alrdy missed the session before ER.
Btw ttc1982, this virtus clinic looks gd after looking at its success rates and watching their video online. Thanks for the recommendation :)

And on its website, the iui costs $880. Sounds cheaper than KKH as I did 1 iui before at Kk and recall it was $1000+.

How u book? Just call up? And hw u knw u need it...Just go ahead is it to increase implantation chances...
Hi hajar, I just call and tell them what I want , they will arrange to consult doctor first . I have check with doctor , he only said will increase the chance for implantation, but no 100% guaranteed can pregnant , this is no side effect , I just try whatever I can do to increase the chance , i didn't think too much . But to be honest, after the infusion , I went to acupuncture , the Chinese doctor said that my pulse is fast and 浮, pulse seems no so good , I am not sure if this related to the infusion or related to the med injection on ER day which Ian on Fri. Anyway, no try no gain. Any sister experience this ? How many sister successes after going for intralipid sessions.

All the best Winnie for ur ET tmr! I'm going for ER tmr and Still considering if shld do it for this cycle since I alrdy missed the session before ER.
Btw ttc1982, this virtus clinic looks gd after looking at its success rates and watching their video online. Thanks for the recommendation :)
Hi sister , dun give up, I only start my first session 1 day after ER as I only notice got such thing after ER when I read this forum. For my case, injection 2 days before ET , next session will be 7 days after ET, will see how it goes first .

Hi all.. started my first day of Stims today. Starting with 3 injections already :confused: Went quite well as hubby was around to jab for me. I can't bring myself to poke so have to depend on him for now.

How are my cycle buddies doing?

Back