IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi, is anyone doing ivf to try for 2nd kid while having to take care of #1? Need advice on how to manage 2ww with #1... is it advisable to use the baby carrier during the 2ww after the ET procedure? is it advisable to stay at home most of the times during the 2ww? thanks....

Twinklelight,
I m trying for no.2 too. Though i rested alot during my 2WW and with no.1 in childcare, its v different as compared with no.1's. My no.1 is a rabble-rouser and we got to explain to him that no rough play during my 2WW because i am "unwell".

Better dont carry no.1 in baby carrier during 2WW as carrying ur no.1 exerts alot of stress on ur abdomen muscles and back.

Best to have alternative care giver during ur 2WW.

Hi all.. anyone has experience with frozen cycle? I am thinking of trying with my one frozen embie in oct. Can i know what is the process like? Thank u

Hi Cen, I'm also queuing for IVF in Nov but nurse called me to say the earliest is in Dec. If my menses happen to be before 18 Dec, the procedures will end up during the blocked period so i might have to wait till January. Sob!!!!

Hi cheazoo, hope that period is after mid dec! Let's Jiayou together! :)

Hi ladies, i had my ET last thursday for two D2 embryos. I read that they will first have to develop into blastocysts (D5) and implantation will only occur after that, is that correct? So does that mean that it is better for me to have more bed rest on D6 and D7?

And also, i will be going back to TFC for progesterone blood test tmr at TFC, which i understand that progesterone actually helps to prepare the lining of the uterus for implantation. May i know is the progesterone level equivalent to the success rate of implantation, i.e. higher progesterone level = better success rate for implantation?

Thanks for all advice!

Bbdust2117,
Better rest well through ur 2WW. In some cases, the slower embryos can also become blastocyst only on D6... And it takes longer for hatching and implantation to occur.

Progesterone hormone causes the uterine lining to thicken and prevents it from shedding. So with adequate progesterone it provides a healthy environment for a fertilized egg to implant and grow.

Good luck!

Bbdust2117,
Better rest well through ur 2WW. In some cases, the slower embryos can also become blastocyst only on D6... And it takes longer for hatching and implantation to occur.

Progesterone hormone causes the uterine lining to thicken and prevents it from shedding. So with adequate progesterone it provides a healthy environment for a fertilized egg to implant and grow.

Good luck!

Hi daylesford, thanks for all the information!

During my 1st ivf, I don't really walk a lot and my mom is available to help me on throughout the week at that time. However for this time round, my mom isn't really available and she has to stay at her house to take care of kids including my nephew.

Is it more advisable to stay at home during the 2ww or do ur continue to go out to neighbourhood area (my mom stays nearby but requires some walking distance) or shopping malls on wkends? For my 1st ivf, I got quite bad bloating even though I dun have ohss

Twinklelight,
I m trying for no.2 too. Though i rested alot during my 2WW and with no.1 in childcare, its v different as compared with no.1's. My no.1 is a rabble-rouser and we got to explain to him that no rough play during my 2WW because i am "unwell".

Better dont carry no.1 in baby carrier during 2WW as carrying ur no.1 exerts alot of stress on ur abdomen muscles and back.

Best to have alternative care giver during ur 2WW.

Hi @mesara and @happynods and those who are interested in PGD procedure in Bangkok,

Sorry for the very delayed post as i hadnt have the time to sit down and gather all the info/cost on PGD.

Some background info on myself, I started with NUH for my first IVF as i want to utilise the govt grants. My main issue is PCOS (my AMH is slightly above 100) and no ovulation. Husband has no major issues. Failed my first fresh ET (day 3 embryo) and decided to change to private doc as I did not have good chemistry with Prof PC Wong.

Under my private gynae, I did two medicated FETs using my frozen embryos from NUH (I had transferred them to TFC), but failed again, despite all the day 3 embryos looking very good and my linings were in optimal condition. As such, I decided to look at PGD options overseas as I do not wish to wish any more time (and heartaches) in transferring “bad” embryos and I also met the cap on medisaves. My gynae actually tied up with a clinic in Bangkok that specialize in PGD. So the process for my IVF in SG/BKK is as follows:-

- When menses come, take blood test to check hormones level and then SG gyane prescribe stimulation jabs in Singapore. The Sg clinic will email all the blood test results and stim dosage to Bkk gynae for info, and I am always copied in the emails. Basically, the sg doc is in charge of my stimulation.

- When the eggs sizes looked like it will be ready in a few days for trigger jab, SG gynae will inform bkk doc. BKK doc will confirm the timing of trigger jab and timing of OR. I will then book airtixs to fly to BBK. I only stayed 3 nights in BKK. I took my trigger jab the night before, then fly to BKK and arrive next day afternoon, go straight to BKK clinic to see the gynae who will perform another scan and blood test on me. The following day morning will then be the OR by the BKK gynae. I stayed for another 2 nights before returning to SG (there is no need to see the BKK gynae again unless you have serious issues). I had OHSS due to 50 follicles retrieved and so the last 2 nights was just spent resting in hotel and loading up on H20/egg whites. If no risk of OHSS, I think its possible to only stay 1 night or even fly back the same day after OR. The Bangkok clinic is open for procedures Monday – Sunday so I timed my time in BKK to be over the weekend to minimize absence from work.

- I opted for the PGD-NGS which is more advanced than PGD-CGH but NGS takes a longer time which means that one is unable to do a ET in the same cycle. I was not planning to go with a fresh ET since I am at high risk of OHSS anyway. Note that the Bkk clinic is actually screening all chromosomes to make sure there are exactly 23 pairs, and not merely looking out for a particular disorder (as what I understand in the case of SG)

- PGD results – For PGD, the clinic will only take blastocysts as then there will be enough cells for them to extract for biopsy without hurting the embryos. I had 20 blastocysts by day 5/6 to test and out of these, 15 are confirmed normal, 1 is unknown (not enough cells to ascertain) and 4 are abnormal. So my normal rate is 75%. Both my husband and I did not have any genetic testing done but believe that we do not have any genetic issues.

- After resting for 2 cycles, I was ready for FET and I started to take pills prescribed by my SG gynae to build up my lining. My SG gynae was in charge of my womb preparation and he would email to update the BKK clinic/gynae.

- When the womb lining looked like it would be ready soon, SG gynae would inform BKK gynae again and I will buy air tixs to BKK. Similar to OR, I will see BKK doc on the day of arrival, and go for FET the next day. I had to thaw 4 blastocysts though in order to get two good ones (more than 90% cells intact) transferred back. The FET procedure is very simple and I even went shopping and squeeze in the crowded BTS on the same night, and ate ice cream. I stayed for 2 more nights before I fly back Sg but I certainly think I'm able to fly back same day, meaning effectively I only need 2 days 1 night in Bangkok, which can be done over Sat/Sun. I took a hcg blood test when I was back in SG and confirmed to have my much awaited BFP!

Item/Procedure/Test/ Pricing Estimate (THB)
Doctors Consult/visit (if required) 1-2,000
Ultrasound (if required) 1-2,000
Routine Blood tests (if required) 1,000-4,000
Trigger injection 2,000
Ovum Pick-up (OPU).35,000
Fertilization and Culture (ICSI and embryo culture) 75,000
Approximate cost of medicines after Ovum Pick-up (if required).3-5,000
PGD-CGH (up to 4 embryos) 75,000
PGD-CGH extra embryos 12,000/ embryo
PGD-NHS (up to 4 embryos) 80,000
PGD-NHS extra embryos 12,000/ embryo
Embryo Transfer (ET) (if required) 25,000
Embryo Transfer with GA (ET) (if required) 35,000
Approximate cost of medicines after Embryo Transfer (if required) 7,000
Embryo freezing (if required) (up to 10 embryos) 20,000
Embryo cryostorage (if required) 1,500/embryo/year

- Actually the consultations and scans are all cheaper in Bangkok. Half the price of Singapore private clinic. Meds are also cheaper. So if u can fly to Bangkok to have the full ivf plus PGS, I think it will be cheaper than doing it in Singapore.

I think I spend close to 17k for my ivf + PGS for 20 blastocysts for both Singapore and Bangkok. The Bangkok clinic do PGS for every ivf as a lot of foreigners go there for gender selection. Actually Bangkok is in fact very advanced medically. It's just that we always see Bangkok as a developing country but there are a lot of super rich Thais in Bangkok too and so there are definitely top notch hospitals to cater to these rich Thais and Thai royalties.

The Bangkok clinic I goes to in located in a newly renovated building and it's clean and nice. when it first started, it was tied up with a famous Australian ivf center, so a lot of Australians go there for gender selection. The environment is quite nice, the nurses all spoke good English and the doc/ nurse attending to me are very competent. So I had a good experience there so far. When I was there, I saw hongkongers, Chinese, and Thais there seeking treatment. It is not backward or dirty like those back alleys. It is a decent specialized hospital for ivf and PGS only so they handle many cases every day. I believe their PGS expertise is higher than that of Singapore's. The Bangkok clinic I go to only do PGD on day 5 embryos so that are more cells to extract and wouldn't hurt the embryos as much compared to day 3 embryos. So I did all my PGD test on all day 5 embryos. I think the handling of extraction of cells is also v important and personally feel that Singapore pdg may not be as "expert" as the ones in Bangkok... Cos Singapore don't handle PGD usually and they have very limited experience, unlike Bangkok where they do PGD every single day.

Feel free to pm me if you need more information. Hope this helps!
@Sonique2001, you may be keen to know too!

Dear ladies, here to report BFP today with beta 710. praying now that this sweetie sticks around!
Thank you all for the support and chatter on this forum during my 2ww.

Hi everyone. I hope this post doesn't depress you all.
Sad to say that we lost our little one 3 weeks ago as there was no heartbeat. So, I am back to the beginning again.
This journey is very tough. Good to have you all around for advice and free hugs.
Let's keep on trying, don't give up.

Sad to say that we lost our little one 3 weeks ago as there was no heartbeat. So, I am back to the beginning again.
This journey is very tough. Good to have you all around for advice and free hugs.
Hugs Mich...keep up the positive spirit. I believe we will hold our rainbow baby in our arms one day. Jiayou!

I'm also back in the run... My first fresh attempt ended in a positive beta in July, heartbeat in 6 week scan but LO's hb stopped at 7 weeks. Still doing my mini confinement.

Sad but not beaten. Even more determined to keep going after having a taste of being pregnant. Let's just keep going together!

I'm also back in the run... My first fresh attempt ended in a positive beta in July, heartbeat in 6 week scan but LO's hb stopped at 7 weeks. Still doing my mini confinement.

Sad but not beaten. Even more determined to keep going after having a taste of being pregnant. Let's just keep going together!
Hugs Almondearie...yes do a mini confinement, rest well and keep your body warm during this period. Let your body recover well and get going again. Fighting!!!

Hugs Almondearie...yes do a mini confinement, rest well and keep your body warm during this period. Let your body recover well and get going again. Fighting!!!
Thanks miloqueen! I went one big round but no regrets, I can still remember the feeling of joy of being pregnant and it's really worth it. I'm sure my angel baby will come back to me soon. Fighting!!!

MichNg, Almondearie,
Hugs ! Sorry to hear ur updates.
Take a good break from the emotional rollercoaster and press on!

Jia You !

Anyone knows how soon can FET to be scheduled after an mc in KKH, considering the healing, the review date, the schedule? I'm with Dr Tan Heng Hao. And whether FET is impacted by the closure of KKIVF center during year end? As in anyone managed to book FET during that period already?

Last edited:
During my 1st ivf, I don't really walk a lot and my mom is available to help me on throughout the week at that time. However for this time round, my mom isn't really available and she has to stay at her house to take care of kids including my nephew.

Is it more advisable to stay at home during the 2ww or do ur continue to go out to neighbourhood area (my mom stays nearby but requires some walking distance) or shopping malls on wkends? For my 1st ivf, I got quite bad bloating even though I dun have ohss

Twinklelight,
I am very strict on myself. I only visited the clinics for supports during my 2 2WWs. My hubby was the main caregiver to my boy during my 2WW.

Anyone knows how soon can FET to be scheduled after an mc in KKH, considering the healing, the review date, the schedule? I'm with Dr Tan Heng Hao. And whether FET is impacted by the closure of KKIVF center during year end? As in anyone managed to book FET during that period already?
Hugs Almondearie... am so sorry to hear about your loss. I had a mc and did a d&c in jun. Dr Tan advise me to wait 3 months for mense to be regular 1st before trying again when I met him 2 weeks ago. Not sure if FET will be affected by the blockout date. U may want to call kkivf centre to check. The blockout mentioned by bbdust81 is for short protocol fresh cycle. Fet may have a different blockout date.
Please do take good care and try again when u are both physically and emotionally ready. Don't stress yourself ya. Jiayou!

Hugs MichNg... so sorry to hear about your loss. Do take good care and do a mini confinment. Try again when u are both physically and emotionally ready. Jiayou!

@MichNg @Almondearie
Take heart and do rest well before you start your next cycle. I'm sure you will hold your rainbow babies in your arms soon.

@Almondearie I sent an email to KKIVF and it seems that the blackout date is applicable for FET as they are doing lab cleaning. Dun think they can thaw the embies when they are doing cleaning. Anyway, i still went ahead to book a slot in Dec coz my menses usually reports in the later half of the month.

Hugs Almondearie... am so sorry to hear about your loss. I had a mc and did a d&c in jun. Dr Tan advise me to wait 3 months for mense to be regular 1st before trying again when I met him 2 weeks ago. Not sure if FET will be affected by the blockout date. U may want to call kkivf centre to check. The blockout mentioned by bbdust81 is for short protocol fresh cycle. Fet may have a different blockout date.
Please do take good care and try again when u are both physically and emotionally ready. Don't stress yourself ya. Jiayou!
Thanks MrsChan, sorry to hear about your loss too. I just realised Mc is so common for both ivf and non-ivf pregnancies.

Dr Tan told me I can try again next month if I wanted but I asked on the day he told me my LO's heart is not beating anymore. Think he was trying to make me feel better. That's why asking what's a more optimal period to wait. I read that need to wait at least one cycle so I hope my AF reports soon. I want to try fast cos it helps to mend my heart but I also want to make sure my body's ready. So will try to be patient and see what THH says at my review end of Sep.

You hang in there too... Hugs.

@MichNg @Almondearie
Take heart and do rest well before you start your next cycle. I'm sure you will hold your rainbow babies in your arms soon.

@Almondearie I sent an email to KKIVF and it seems that the blackout date is applicable for FET as they are doing lab cleaning. Dun think they can thaw the embies when they are doing cleaning. Anyway, i still went ahead to book a slot in Dec coz my menses usually reports in the later half of the month.
Shiro_ger, thanks for the info. So I also need to take note of the blackout periods. Will take this into consideration when planning the schedule with my doc.
Lol, actually I a bit superstitious, went to a Fengshui master before and he said I can only get pregnant this year, Year of the Monkey. If not, no chance already. That's why concerned about the blackout period. >.<

Shiro_ger, thanks for the info. So I also need to take note of the blackout periods. Will take this into consideration when planning the schedule with my doc.
Lol, actually I a bit superstitious, went to a Fengshui master before and he said I can only get pregnant this year, Year of the Monkey. If not, no chance already. That's why concerned about the blackout period. >.<

I see, but CNY is early next year aka 28 Jan le. Why dun you try naturally while waiting for your slot, but after your mini confinement har. Do you ovulate regularly? If not, can request for medicine from THH that triggers ovulation. Who knows you might strike jackpot!!!!!

I see, but CNY is early next year aka 28 Jan le. Why dun you try naturally while waiting for your slot, but after your mini confinement har. Do you ovulate regularly? If not, can request for medicine from THH that triggers ovulation. Who knows you might strike jackpot!!!!!
Heh my hubby is on a clinical study for his other health condition. So he can't try naturally till next May. I can only depend on IVF. That's why thinking to schedule one time this year and buffer one more next feb if I don't get a BFP for my first FET.

Feel like I started on this ivf journey a bit late...

Heh my hubby is on a clinical study for his other health condition. So he can't try naturally till next May. I can only depend on IVF. That's why thinking to schedule one time this year and buffer one more next feb if I don't get a BFP for my first FET.
Actually i think FS hor, must take it with a pinch of salt. There was 1 FS master who said i will only have 1 child. Now i have 2 boys and am going to try for a 3rd one. I think it is a matter of determination and luck. To get my 2 boys, i already max out 3 Fresh and 3 Thaw cycles liao with 2 MCs. Whatever i do going forward, all the $$ have to come out from my own pocket.
To cut story short, if we believe in ourselves, our dreams will eventually come true. Unless we have to give up for whatever reasons, but at least we know we have already tried our best and have no regrets. So you really must rest and heal then start your next cycle when you are ready. Do not rush into it just because FS master said blar blar blar...

Feel like I started on this ivf journey a bit late...
Hug Almonderie, I was quite shocked when you announced this news...I aso failed my 1st fresh cycle in Aug and my review with Dr Tan HH is aso at end Sep..let's jiayou together

It is never late in this journey..at least we give it a shot

Hi @mesara and @happynods and those who are interested in PGD procedure in Bangkok,

Sorry for the very delayed post as i hadnt have the time to sit down and gather all the info/cost on PGD.

Some background info on myself, I started with NUH for my first IVF as i want to utilise the govt grants. My main issue is PCOS (my AMH is slightly above 100) and no ovulation. Husband has no major issues. Failed my first fresh ET (day 3 embryo) and decided to change to private doc as I did not have good chemistry with Prof PC Wong.

Under my private gynae, I did two medicated FETs using my frozen embryos from NUH (I had transferred them to TFC), but failed again, despite all the day 3 embryos looking very good and my linings were in optimal condition. As such, I decided to look at PGD options overseas as I do not wish to wish any more time (and heartaches) in transferring “bad” embryos and I also met the cap on medisaves. My gynae actually tied up with a clinic in Bangkok that specialize in PGD. So the process for my IVF in SG/BKK is as follows:-

- When menses come, take blood test to check hormones level and then SG gyane prescribe stimulation jabs in Singapore. The Sg clinic will email all the blood test results and stim dosage to Bkk gynae for info, and I am always copied in the emails. Basically, the sg doc is in charge of my stimulation.

- When the eggs sizes looked like it will be ready in a few days for trigger jab, SG gynae will inform bkk doc. BKK doc will confirm the timing of trigger jab and timing of OR. I will then book airtixs to fly to BBK. I only stayed 3 nights in BKK. I took my trigger jab the night before, then fly to BKK and arrive next day afternoon, go straight to BKK clinic to see the gynae who will perform another scan and blood test on me. The following day morning will then be the OR by the BKK gynae. I stayed for another 2 nights before returning to SG (there is no need to see the BKK gynae again unless you have serious issues). I had OHSS due to 50 follicles retrieved and so the last 2 nights was just spent resting in hotel and loading up on H20/egg whites. If no risk of OHSS, I think its possible to only stay 1 night or even fly back the same day after OR. The Bangkok clinic is open for procedures Monday – Sunday so I timed my time in BKK to be over the weekend to minimize absence from work.

- I opted for the PGD-NGS which is more advanced than PGD-CGH but NGS takes a longer time which means that one is unable to do a ET in the same cycle. I was not planning to go with a fresh ET since I am at high risk of OHSS anyway. Note that the Bkk clinic is actually screening all chromosomes to make sure there are exactly 23 pairs, and not merely looking out for a particular disorder (as what I understand in the case of SG)

- PGD results – For PGD, the clinic will only take blastocysts as then there will be enough cells for them to extract for biopsy without hurting the embryos. I had 20 blastocysts by day 5/6 to test and out of these, 15 are confirmed normal, 1 is unknown (not enough cells to ascertain) and 4 are abnormal. So my normal rate is 75%. Both my husband and I did not have any genetic testing done but believe that we do not have any genetic issues.

- After resting for 2 cycles, I was ready for FET and I started to take pills prescribed by my SG gynae to build up my lining. My SG gynae was in charge of my womb preparation and he would email to update the BKK clinic/gynae.

- When the womb lining looked like it would be ready soon, SG gynae would inform BKK gynae again and I will buy air tixs to BKK. Similar to OR, I will see BKK doc on the day of arrival, and go for FET the next day. I had to thaw 4 blastocysts though in order to get two good ones (more than 90% cells intact) transferred back. The FET procedure is very simple and I even went shopping and squeeze in the crowded BTS on the same night, and ate ice cream. I stayed for 2 more nights before I fly back Sg but I certainly think I'm able to fly back same day, meaning effectively I only need 2 days 1 night in Bangkok, which can be done over Sat/Sun. I took a hcg blood test when I was back in SG and confirmed to have my much awaited BFP!

Trigger injection 2,000

- Actually the consultations and scans are all cheaper in Bangkok. Half the price of Singapore private clinic. Meds are also cheaper. So if u can fly to Bangkok to have the full ivf plus PGS, I think it will be cheaper than doing it in Singapore.

I think I spend close to 17k for my ivf + PGS for 20 blastocysts for both Singapore and Bangkok. The Bangkok clinic do PGS for every ivf as a lot of foreigners go there for gender selection. Actually Bangkok is in fact very advanced medically. It's just that we always see Bangkok as a developing country but there are a lot of super rich Thais in Bangkok too and so there are definitely top notch hospitals to cater to these rich Thais and Thai royalties.

The Bangkok clinic I goes to in located in a newly renovated building and it's clean and nice. when it first started, it was tied up with a famous Australian ivf center, so a lot of Australians go there for gender selection. The environment is quite nice, the nurses all spoke good English and the doc/ nurse attending to me are very competent. So I had a good experience there so far. When I was there, I saw hongkongers, Chinese, and Thais there seeking treatment. It is not backward or dirty like those back alleys. It is a decent specialized hospital for ivf and PGS only so they handle many cases every day. I believe their PGS expertise is higher than that of Singapore's. The Bangkok clinic I go to only do PGD on day 5 embryos so that are more cells to extract and wouldn't hurt the embryos as much compared to day 3 embryos. So I did all my PGD test on all day 5 embryos. I think the handling of extraction of cells is also v important and personally feel that Singapore pdg may not be as "expert" as the ones in Bangkok... Cos Singapore don't handle PGD usually and they have very limited experience, unlike Bangkok where they do PGD every single day.

Hi xiaomyang,

How is your experience with Dr CT Yeong from Tow Yung Clinic? So is Dr Yeong give recommendation to go do PGD at BKK? You mentioned you had 50 follicles, thats really many..so did you get very high dosage for stims?

@MichNg @Almondearie

@MichNg @Almondearie

thank you ladies
that blackout dates really very troublesome. essentially can't plan for those 2 months. with the unpredictability of my menses, looks like I will only think of feb or mar next year. :(

thank you ladies
that blackout dates really very troublesome. essentially can't plan for those 2 months. with the unpredictability of my menses, looks like I will only think of feb or mar next year. :(

Take this period to rest well, if I need to take fresh cycle again, think is aso early next year...

Thank you bbdust!
Weird that dr Tan kept saying year end then do 2nd cycle but didn't mention anything abt the blockout dates. These dates effectively mean there's only the xmas And New yr week open and we can't time our periods also haha.
I asked him oct/nov can or not then he said ok. But Monday the nurse called to say shld schedule for Dec but I said my period likely later part of the month so will kena the blockout dates.
Then she finally said ok I can report in October if period comes month end or early November. The queue sooooo Long. Like every 6 mths need to redo blood test cos it expires even before the next cycle. Hahaha..getting so numb fr all the blood drawing.

Now suddenly panic cos also dunno if my body and hubs will b ready for late October to start again!
haha...I don't think Dr Tan keep track the available slots, only KKIVF centre has the answers for us..

Hi xiaomyang,

How is your experience with Dr CT Yeong from Tow Yung Clinic? So is Dr Yeong give recommendation to go do PGD at BKK? You mentioned you had 50 follicles, thats really many..so did you get very high dosage for stims?
Hi @bourjorgal

My experience with Dr Yeong has been excellent, he's a very patient and caring doc and I find him very competent technically. I told Dr Yeong I wanted to try PgD and then he recommended the Bangkok clinic to me. He also gave me the option of trying another fresh cycle in Virtus fertility center in Singapore.

My amh is slightly above 100 due to my pcos hence the very high no of follicles retrieved. My stimm dosage was 300IU Gonal F for first 3 days and then 225IU next 2 days and then reduced to 150IU further but added on 75IU menopur, and lastly 75IU Gonal F for last two days before retrieval. During my scans, I think I wasn't expected to have 50 follicles, but due to my pcos, many follicles suddenly grew at the last few days and that's why I ended up with so many follicles. In a way, pcos is a blessing in disguise.

Hi @bourjorgal

My experience with Dr Yeong has been excellent, he's a very patient and caring doc and I find him very competent technically. I told Dr Yeong I wanted to try PgD and then he recommended the Bangkok clinic to me. He also gave me the option of trying another fresh cycle in Virtus fertility center in Singapore.

My amh is slightly above 100 due to my pcos hence the very high no of follicles retrieved. My stimm dosage was 300IU Gonal F for first 3 days and then 225IU next 2 days and then reduced to 150IU further but added on 75IU menopur, and lastly 75IU Gonal F for last two days before retrieval. During my scans, I think I wasn't expected to have 50 follicles, but due to my pcos, many follicles suddenly grew at the last few days and that's why I ended up with so many follicles. In a way, pcos is a blessing in disguise.

Hi xiaomyang,

So you are the one who requested to try PGD? not suggested by Doc? He recommended BKK is due to cost saving? Is there ppl doing in Singapore? So i think you go straight to PGD instead of trying another fresh right.

Yup PCOS is a blessing in disguise for u! I had higher dosage than you but didn't yield many follicles too...I heard my doc mentioned genetics test before, so did you do any genetic testing before you proceed with PGD?

Actually i think FS hor, must take it with a pinch of salt. There was 1 FS master who said i will only have 1 child. Now i have 2 boys and am going to try for a 3rd one. I think it is a matter of determination and luck. To get my 2 boys, i already max out 3 Fresh and 3 Thaw cycles liao with 2 MCs. Whatever i do going forward, all the $$ have to come out from my own pocket.
To cut story short, if we believe in ourselves, our dreams will eventually come true. Unless we have to give up for whatever reasons, but at least we know we have already tried our best and have no regrets. So you really must rest and heal then start your next cycle when you are ready. Do not rush into it just because FS master said blar blar blar...
Haha ya... I tried to take it with a pinch of salt but with this mc, I kinda got vulnerable again. Anyway I just want to time it well. If I time it too far away, I may give up due to phobia. Now it's my pain pushing me on. Ironic but true for me.

Thanks shiro_ger, you're a good role model. I'll go as far as I can in this journey. I got a feeling I won't be ready to give up even after monkey year.

Prob nov will be a good time. After two cycles and avoiding the blackout period. :)

Hi xiaomyang,

So you are the one who requested to try PGD? not suggested by Doc? He recommended BKK is due to cost saving? Is there ppl doing in Singapore? So i think you go straight to PGD instead of trying another fresh right.

Yup PCOS is a blessing in disguise for u! I had higher dosage than you but didn't yield many follicles too...I heard my doc mentioned genetics test before, so did you do any genetic testing before you proceed with PGD?

Dr Yeong didn't really suggest PGD for me but he is very open to me going for PGD. He recommended I try another fresh cos I only did one fresh under NuH previously and he think I can go for another fresh cycle under him to see how it goes. But to me, the cost of doing a fresh under dr Yeong in SG vs fresh+pdg in Bkk is about the same, so I rather take the trouble to go Bkk for PGD. There was another Singapore couple there for PGD when I was at the Bangkok clinic. My husband and I didn't go for any genetic testing before but believe we are normal as our family history are all OK.

Anyone with ying chuan tcm, the one at jurong?
Any reviews abt her? Is it a must that husband n wife have to go together?
Hi bbdust81, my friend and sil highly recommended Ying Chuan cos they managed to get pregnant few mths after seeing her. It's not a must to go tgt w ur hb, but it beta to go tgt, so tt e doc can read e pulse& c if there is any health issues w either of u.

Ladies, need to seek your advise for those with THH at KKH.. Recently I switch to him for 2nd opinion and he scheduled a slot for the next IVF but there was no mention of doing an endoscratch prior to the cycle despite him asking if I ever did it in my precious cycle which I did and I totally forgotten to ask him if I will still do it for the upcoming cycle. When I received the call from IVF centre, the I tried asking the nurse if she can help to check but to no avail and she mentioned DR THH no longer responds to emails when I asked for his email address so that I can send my enquire to. Can anyone advise what can I do next to clarify on this?

@Positivevibes pmed u

Last edited:
Thanks MrsChan, sorry to hear about your loss too. I just realised Mc is so common for both ivf and non-ivf pregnancies.

Dr Tan told me I can try again next month if I wanted but I asked on the day he told me my LO's heart is not beating anymore. Think he was trying to make me feel better. That's why asking what's a more optimal period to wait. I read that need to wait at least one cycle so I hope my AF reports soon. I want to try fast cos it helps to mend my heart but I also want to make sure my body's ready. So will try to be patient and see what THH says at my review end of Sep.

You hang in there too... Hugs.
Almondearie... I totally understand how you feel. When I had my 1st mc 3 years ago, I was like u, want to try again asap so as to get over the loss. But certain things can't be rush de. Beside being physically ready, it is very important that your emotions are ready too.. if not you will stress yourself without realising. Be patient and see what Dr Tan says.. i am sure he will have the best plan for u.

Last edited:
Hi bbdust81, my friend and sil highly recommended Ying Chuan cos they managed to get pregnant few mths after seeing her. It's not a must to go tgt w ur hb, but it beta to go tgt, so tt e doc can read e pulse& c if there is any health issues w either of u.

Thanks @snowyg , we both think too far for us already..we live at punggol...thanks anyway :)

Hi all.. anyone has experience with frozen cycle? I am thinking of trying with my one frozen embie in oct. Can i know what is the process like? Thank u
Hi mspau... I had my fet done in Apr/May with kkh. My doctor ordered natural fet as my menses are regular. I called kkivf on my cd1 and went down for my 1st scan on my cd9 with lining at 5.3mm and leading follicle at 13mm. Was given 3 ovulation test kits to bring home to test. If ovulation tested positive have to down to kkivf immediately but for my case it didn't happen so I went back for a 2nd scan on my cd13 with lining at 8.3mm and leading follicle at 16mm. Ovulation tested positive and I was scheduled for ET 3 days later which was my cd16.
I hope this helps... and all the best for your coming FET!:)

Trigger injection 2,000

Dear xiaomyang, thanks for the sharing!
May I know when was the time you do the PGD? Just to estimate the costs whether still the same by now.

Hug hug MichNg! Rest well and fight once you are ready...

Hug hug Almondearie! Take your time to heal and start again...

Hugs almondearie, let's all keep going and we will make it one day! Impt is never give up and we all try our best!

Back