IVF/ICSI Support Group

I think i should trust my tcm aso... She haf afew success stories aso if cannot take den they wont b any bfp..plus her herb she give is more for an tai now
I don't think there's a straight-out answer and different TCM prescribed different herbs. For me, I did react quite strongly to the herbs, so decided to do the stims separately. Do what you feel is right, is right.

Hi there, i was told my NUH nurse the same thing, not to take tcm medications while on jab.
@Wanbaby I think we just got to listen to the expert. Baby dust to all ;)
I got preggy thrice with tcm and ivf so am v convinced tcm indeed helps ivf.
@mesara I believe that tcm do help. but again because the nurse told me not to take tcm during the jab and therefore i stop. gonna go home and discuss with my husband.

I don't think there's a straight-out answer and different TCM prescribed different herbs. For me, I did react quite strongly to the herbs, so decided to do the stims separately. Do what you feel is right, is right.
I forgot to mention I lose the TCM med but I stepped up the acupuncture... So as not to lose out on the goodness of TCM haha...

I finally poo! So happy
Haha you so cute... One of my reactions to the TCM is constipation lor, so now u know why I chose to opt out. Cannot imagine having all the toxins reside in my body then if the embryo will be feeding off the toxins haha...

Now still cultivating the "feeling"...

Haha you so cute... One of my reactions to the TCM is constipation lor, so now u know why I chose to opt out. Cannot imagine having all the toxins reside in my body then if the embryo will be feeding off the toxins haha...

Now still cultivating the "feeling"...

I eat tcm med i poo daily.. Jus now accupuncture she told me start to think tml will haf a bb put into our womb.. Hehe

*hands up* I did endo scratch and yes, it's effective for me.

Thank you! I'll just give it a try as it's suggested by Dr THH. "TRY EVERYTHING" (within my means). The zootopia song seems to be my anthem.

Just received call from KKIVF. I'm booked for Oct IVF. Hopefully the TCM DR TAN can wake my hubby's swimmers then.

Btw, TSB is an expert in female infertility. Mark Lee praise the doc in the wrong field.

TCM Dr Tan is the expert in male infertility. He's such a fatherly man who reads our reports seriously n explains the figures to us. That appt took almost 45 min in his room.

If ladies here can recall, I recently had a mc from my FET. After the bleed from inserting the V meds to induce mc some time in April, my May menses didn't come. Hence I was given duphstan for 7 days, few days later my period came in June, And today I'm day 13 into my cycle.

However, today I starting to have some bleeding. Started in late noon where I noticed some blood streaks when wiping and gradually increase in volume. Not so much till will stain entire pad, but I'm kinda worried what's going on. Currently put on a pad but yet to check the volume. Sorry if TMI!!

Anyone had similar experience?

Bbhopeful77, notice your follicles quite even leh. All same size. Which is good also in my Tcm's view. Now you just concentrate on getting them bigger and you will be able to harvest quite a lot. :)
Thanks Almondearie! I'm trying very hard to make them grow... Stopped my low carb diet and eat back rice and noodles today ;)

Hope u r enjoying and having a good rest during your 2ww :)

If ladies here can recall, I recently had a mc from my FET. After the bleed from inserting the V meds to induce mc some time in April, my May menses didn't come. Hence I was given duphstan for 7 days, few days later my period came in June, And today I'm day 13 into my cycle.

However, today I starting to have some bleeding. Started in late noon where I noticed some blood streaks when wiping and gradually increase in volume. Not so much till will stain entire pad, but I'm kinda worried what's going on. Currently put on a pad but yet to check the volume. Sorry if TMI!!

Anyone had similar experience?
Intermenstrual bleeding can be a sign of progesterone or estrogen withdrawal following oral medication of either types of hormones. I previously experience it after my 2nd and 3rd fresh cycle after stopping the support meds upon confirming bfn via BT. Both times doc slotted me for urgent consultation to have a scan as he wanted to make sure the unexpected bleeding wasn't caused by any abnormal growth or cysts. He said some ladies develop cysts after fresh cycles so need to make sure.
After the scans confirm none of these condition and also confirmed no sign of ovulation for those cycles, he suggested that if I wanted, he could prescribe 2 weeks Nor-e medication afterwhich my menses should resume (like resetting my menstrual cycle). I decided not to take the Nor-e treatment as I prefer not to feed my body with more hormone medication. Instead I relied on tcm acupuncture and medication by Dr Seah to recover. Fortunately I was able to resume normal menses within 2 weeks of intensive tcm treatment (twice weekly acupuncture along with tcm herbs for 2 wks).
Though my situation was not exactly similar as in after induced m/c, just sharing for your reference. I guess whenever we take hormone medication, we will risk disrupting our menstrual cycle but doc's opinion to check on abnormal growth is something worth considering too.

Thanks Almondearie! I'm trying very hard to make them grow... Stopped my low carb diet and eat back rice and noodles today ;)

Hope u r enjoying and having a good rest during your 2ww :)
Haven't 2ww. Scheduled for ET tmr. But thanks! :)

Keep positive and may your follicles grow big and strong!

Dear ladies, here to report BFP today with beta 710. praying now that this sweetie sticks around!
Thank you all for the support and chatter on this forum during my 2ww.
Congrats Mich!! Great news! What did u do/not do during the 2ww? Grabbing your baby dust and Need some advice for the next cycle..wish u a smooth pregnancy ahead! ;))

I have serious insomnia issue during my 2ww now. I am 8dp2dt today. Every single night around 5am+ I have to wake up and pee and that's it, I can't get back to sleep... backache make it worst. Dunno which position to sleep. Lucky the 2ww have HL. I only can catch some sleep during the day.

Did anyone here experience having to do a hysteroscopy after miscarriage due to lengthy bleeding?
Can tell me about your experience?
Is there anything to be done to avoid this?
GA?
Need to stay overnight at hospital?
Any post op discomfort?
Takes how long to recover post op?

Thanks in advance. Me been bleeding for more than a month now after miscarriage. Hope to have a closure to this episode soon.

Did anyone here experience having to do a hysteroscopy after miscarriage due to lengthy bleeding?
GA?
Any post op discomfort?

Thanks in advance. Me been bleeding for more than a month now after miscarriage. Hope to have a closure to this episode soon.

hey i did a hysteroscopy before, but it wasnt for bleeding, it was to remove some scarring in my uterus as a result of d&c from mc. the dr put in a camera scope, found the scarring then inserted a microscissors and cut up the scarring.

if it's the same procedure, there is no GA, u will be fully awake and it's not painful, just abit uncomfortable since they will insert sth up ur cervix. can even see on the screen the inside of ur uterus!

just a 15 min procedure for me, go straight home after that.

U drinking water now?
THH recommend me to do blastocysts so today no transfer. Really lie there with legs open then discuss. Lol.

Drink just enough, not too much, else really very tong ku to lie there with a bladder threatening to burst. If you have a blood test, the time of the procedure is around 45 min after the time they ask u to arrive. They will call name two by two. If there's a patient before you, then wait another 20 to 30 min. You should time yourself to empty bladder and drink around 15 to 20 min before the procedure.

Congrats Mich!! Great news! What did u do/not do during the 2ww? Grabbing your baby dust and Need some advice for the next cycle..wish u a smooth pregnancy ahead! ;))
Thank you, Cen. I didn't do much. Just eat healthily, sleep a lot, try to occupy myself. And this time I have herbs from TSB lol. I was home alone most of the time, hubby working and we didn't tell parents.

I transferred 2. I only had 3 blasts in the end.
Did THH suggest to transfer 1 for you? Cause he told me if they managed to culture more than 1, then he still recommends 1 becos of risks of multiple births.

I don't fancy multiple births but I worry more about not even getting 1.

Did THH suggest to transfer 1 for you? Cause he told me if they managed to culture more than 1, then he still recommends 1 becos of risks of multiple births.

I guess he recommended depending on your profile. Maybe your embryo grading also better.
For me, past history show poorer quality so i always transferred 2. I'm already 35 with 2 mc.

I guess he recommended depending on your profile. Maybe your embryo grading also better.
For me, past history show poorer quality so i always transferred 2. I'm already 35 with 2 mc.
He didn't tell me about the grading. I see. But from this forum, I know good grade embryos may not mean success as well.

Thanks for your advice. Enjoy your pregnancy. :)

He didn't tell me about the grading. I see. But from this forum, I know good grade embryos may not mean success as well.

Nothing is sure :( but u can ask him why he suggest one at ur ET. I'm sure he understands your concerns. All of us want to succeed.
This Ivf journey, every step is anxiety for us. :)

Dr Matthew also said the same things to me during ET when he covered for THH 2 years ago. I think it has become an "SOP" for the doctors to recommend transferring 1 blast coz blasts are perceived to be better warriors with higher implantation rate. Due to the possible complications in a multiple pregnancy, it is the doctors' responsibility to highlight the risks to you. Of course, the ultimate decision lies with you.

I remembered in my last cycle, i had to lie there (with legs wide open and with a super full bladder) to consider whether to transfer 1 or 2 blast. I even asked THH to go for his ER first and i will make a decision by the time he is back. Ended up i transferred 2 blasts and got a twin (of which 1 gone in mid Tri 1). It's really up to you. In my case, I would go definitely transfer 2 to max my chance. LOL

Dr Matthew also said the same things to me during ET when he covered for THH 2 years ago. I think it has become an "SOP" for the doctors to recommend transferring 1 blast coz blasts are perceived to be better warriors with higher implantation rate. Due to the possible complications in a multiple pregnancy, it is the doctors' responsibility to highlight the risks to you. Of course, the ultimate decision lies with you.

I remembered in my last cycle, i had to lie there (with legs wide open and with a super full bladder) to consider whether to transfer 1 or 2 blast. I even asked THH to go for his ER first and i will make a decision by the time he is back. Ended up i transferred 2 blasts and got a twin (of which 1 gone in mid Tri 1). It's really up to you. In my case, I would go definitely transfer 2 to max my chance. LOL

Hmmm, actually all along, I have been putting in 2 embryos (be it blasts, be it D2); THH did highlight that there may be chances of having multiples, but my hub and I were too concerned of "what happens if nothing works out?" than "Oh no, what happens if we are having twins?". Our mentality is that BFP then say. We cannot predict the future :)

Actually with a damn full bladder and in an awkward position, it's so difficult to think properly :/ I did admit that I made a hasty decision to just transfer 2 D2 embryos just because 1. I was in that position 2. It was so mafan to come back again 3. I just want to quickly do it and go to the ladies. Of course, that cycle didn't work out :p

Yup, good grade embryos (chromosomes, maternal age, diet and lifestyle) is one of the main success factor, followed by your womb conditions.

Nothing is sure :( but u can ask him why he suggest one at ur ET. I'm sure he understands your concerns. All of us want to succeed.
This Ivf journey, every step is anxiety for us. :)
Sigh he so busy, just push the "Risks of Multiple Pregnancy" pamphlet to me and say we decide at ET k. Sounds like I'm going to make my decision only with my legs open again. Not that I'm blaming him but I also slow reaction type. I just wanted to know whether what he suggested is standard protocol. Lol, helps the decision-making a lot.

It's okay, I should be thankful enough I have sufficient embryos. Hope to catch your baby dust!! :)

Hmmm, actually all along, I have been putting in 2 embryos (be it blasts, be it D2); THH did highlight that there may be chances of having multiples, but my hub and I were too concerned of "what happens if nothing works out?" than "Oh no, what happens if we are having twins?". Our mentality is that BFP then say. We cannot predict the future :)

Actually with a damn full bladder and in an awkward position, it's so difficult to think properly :/ I did admit that I made a hasty decision to just transfer 2 D2 embryos just because 1. I was in that position 2. It was so mafan to come back again 3. I just want to quickly do it and go to the ladies. Of course, that cycle didn't work out :p
I almost did that too! I was struggling to condition my mind to blast. And thh ask me, what's my concern? Lol. I just told him, nothing. I just need to get over the shock.

Same mentality lor. Just "hantam" first. If more than 1 then come what may. But for my next one, i will think twice before deciding (provided can culture to blast after thaw).
I know cannot think straight with a full bladder. THH allowed me to empty half bladder while i was thinking. But when he came back, i still ask him "How ah". Power right?

THH recommend me to do blastocysts so today no transfer. Really lie there with legs open then discuss. Lol.

Drink just enough, not too much, else really very tong ku to lie there with a bladder threatening to burst. If you have a blood test, the time of the procedure is around 45 min after the time they ask u to arrive. They will call name two by two. If there's a patient before you, then wait another 20 to 30 min. You should time yourself to empty bladder and drink around 15 to 20 min before the procedure.
Almondearie, I'm going for blast as well. Praying hard that embbies can stay strong and grow well.

You have described the process well (Yes! Literally discuss on the transfer bed as though going ahead already...) and perhaps, this is somewhat of a trial for us before any actual transfer. Read that some overseas clinics practise trials.

As for number to transfer, I believe it is largely due to age. In my case, he said I can transfer 2. I recall from counsellling briefing only age 36 or above qualify to transfer 2 or more (I think you are younger). Whatever it is, I would be happy with whatever number I am given. I just pray that I can be blessed with healthy bundle of joy!

GA?
Any post op discomfort?

Hi did the doc do any v scan before deciding on hysteroscopy

Lol... It did cross my mind that ok lah, we go for blastocysts like you suggested, whatever, but more importantly, can I go dress up and pee now?

Actually I'm the type Doctor says what, I do what. Some more my doctor's eyes quite nice and big, I just nodded to everything he said lol. Always forget to ask questions etc.

But u're right, I am more worried about BFN than twins. Tho seriously speaking, I have problems finding someone to take care of 1 baby, let alone 2. Most impt is the development, if twins are healthy and well-developed, mummy get whatsoever side effects also don't mind.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for sharing. :)

Almondearie i waiting for thh.. Jus talk to embryologist total 14 fertilise.. She say thh may ask us to blast
I think you so young, sure ask you go for one. I have 11 fertilized, very surprised and he ask why I surprised. Lol. Cause I have low expectations can... Haha

Anneneo78, how was it? Were you ok with the number of eggs fertilized? It's probably a weird question to ask, fertilization depends on various factors, if you don't really have much thoughts on it, that's fine.

I find frozen or fresh sperm, the fertilization rate is the same....anyway I am low responder, so only 1-2 eggs retrieved each time...so maybe not much difference :p

Almondearie, I'm going for blast as well. Praying hard that embbies can stay strong and grow well.

You have described the process well (Yes! Literally discuss on the transfer bed as though going ahead already...) and perhaps, this is somewhat of a trial for us before any actual transfer. Read that some overseas clinics practise trials.

As for number to transfer, I believe it is largely due to age. In my case, he said I can transfer 2. I recall from counsellling briefing only age 36 or above qualify to transfer 2 or more (I think you are younger). Whatever it is, I would be happy with whatever number I am given. I just pray that I can be blessed with healthy bundle of joy!
Lol we 3 so sync up! So Saturday transfer right?

All the best to all our embies!! :)

I only heard during the briefing that only 36 and above can put 3. I don't want 3 but less than 2 sounds dangerous. Will think over it for the next few days.

I have serious insomnia issue during my 2ww now. I am 8dp2dt today. Every single night around 5am+ I have to wake up and pee and that's it, I can't get back to sleep... backache make it worst. Dunno which position to sleep. Lucky the 2ww have HL. I only can catch some sleep during the day.

maybe backache is a good sign? ;)

Lol we 3 so sync up! So Saturday transfer right?

All the best to all our embies!! :)

I only heard during the briefing that only 36 and above can put 3. I don't want 3 but less than 2 sounds dangerous. Will think over it for the next few days.
I think 3 is for age 38 and above.

Back