IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, what is the dose of dhea u take per day? And y doc recommend u to take dhea?
25mg x 2 times a day.
I failed 2 cycle, so he felt that maybe I can try dhea to improve my egg quality. So far, I do have some pimples on my face, any others here having the same experience after taking dhea?

About 2 months. Next fresh cycle tentatively July/August. Must mentally prepare myself to go through the roller coaster ride again
Sparkling_ee I'm transferring in July! Hope we can be cycle buddies and encourage each other! I understand what u mean abt the roller coaster.. Sigh. But much easier if we have someone to support... Jiayou too OK!

Hi all

I am going for my bt 10dp5dt in 2 days' time and am really anxious as for the last two days, I have been moist and mucusy in the v area like i get whenever my menses is about to come. Is this normal or is it because my recent fresh cycle failed and the inserts r preventing my menses from coming? :(

Hi all

I am going for my bt 10dp5dt in 2 days' time and am really anxious as for the last two days, I have been moist and mucusy in the v area like i get whenever my menses is about to come. Is this normal or is it because my recent fresh cycle failed and the inserts r preventing my menses from coming? :(
Hello! For my bfp cycle, I felt very soft, moist cushy cervix when I did my insert. I rem very clearly coz it was very different feeling from previous 2ww cycles where I had bfn regardless whether menses arrived before or after BT. Really coming this far, the best you can do is to stay positive and only BT will confirm the outcome. All the best. Jia you!

Just an update... My husband went back to his urologist to check on his kidney stone.. It is still inside his body... I also asked the urologist about TTC. He say better to hold off because of the radiation he was exposed during his Multiple CT Scans... He said the medication effect will wear off in 24hrs though...

The radiation from a CT Scan is equivalent to 100 X-ray. And he did 3 in 5 months.... No wonder his SA results no good... Shall wait for a few more months to see if he SA improves..

Just an update... My husband went back to his urologist to check on his kidney stone.. It is still inside his body... I also asked the urologist about TTC. He say better to hold off because of the radiation he was exposed during his Multiple CT Scans... He said the medication effect will wear off in 24hrs though...

The radiation from a CT Scan is equivalent to 100 X-ray. And he did 3 in 5 months.... No wonder his SA results no good... Shall wait for a few more months to see if he SA improves..
Hi,you can ask for ultrasound scan instead if possible. E impact will be less harmful that a ct scan

I was on long and short protocol before. It might not be true that long protocol is only for women with normal/high ovarian reserve.
My AMH was normal, but i only yield 6 eggs after a month long of injections, of which only 3 fertilized. In fact, my short protocols yield more; i had more than 25 retrieved and about 17 fertilized. Coz i bfp-ed under the long protocol, i requested for Dr to put me on long instead of short. He explained that there is not much difference btw long and short protocol. Just that long protocol allows more time in stim stage and thereby the smaller follicles could catch up with the lead one. Usually in long protocol, follicle growth is more balanced. As for short protocol, less injections. IVF is really a trial and error journey, no one knows for sure which suits each individual. Dr can only recommend a protocol based on medical research and make adjustments later on.

Just came back from CHR @ NUH. Base scanning done after the 13 days of 50 units Suprefact. Long protoc after I failed my 1st cycle (short protocol).

Tmr I'm going to start my stimulation D1 with Menopur 450 & Suprefact. Still waiting for the nurse to call me to confirm the amount I have to jab Suprefact for myself.

25mg x 2 times a day.
I failed 2 cycle, so he felt that maybe I can try dhea to improve my egg quality. So far, I do have some pimples on my face, any others here having the same experience after taking dhea?
hi, did u continue dhea during the ivf cycle eg. injection n simulation stage? Thanks.

Sisters with blocked tubes, do you all find that you have backaches more frequently than usual?
I used to have blocked tubes and though no backaches, there is a dull achy feeling when I pressed on the pelvic area where the blocked tube should be.

Hi all

If you are very anxious to know, you can try on a pregnancy kit. You will know the answer straightaway. Good luck

Sisters with kkh,
Can i ask those who did medicated fet before, is e support medicine for medicated FET after transfer till BT is
1. Progynova 4mg
2. Utrosgen inserts 2 tablets 3 times daily?

Sisters with kkh,
Can i ask those who did medicated fet before, is e support medicine for medicated FET after transfer till BT is
1. Progynova 4mg
2. Utrosgen inserts 2 tablets 3 times daily?
Generally, yes for most ladies. For myself, I had 6mg of progynova and utrogestan inserts x 2 3 times daily. Dosage determined by your doc.

I used to have blocked tubes and though no backaches, there is a dull achy feeling when I pressed on the pelvic area where the blocked tube should be.
i also have dull ache....... thh says it may be related de that i have weird aches here and there at times because I complained a few times to him during the ghost pregnancy episode. oh well.... When are you delivering? :D

i also have dull ache....... thh says it may be related de that i have weird aches here and there at times because I complained a few times to him during the ghost pregnancy episode. oh well.... When are you delivering? :D
well, the blocked tubes do emit substances toxic to the embryos and whatsnot. Make a cleancut decision - snip them off and maximise your IVF chances. At the end of the day, you want a baby, not tubes :p

well, the blocked tubes do emit substances toxic to the embryos and whatsnot. Make a cleancut decision - snip them off and maximise your IVF chances. At the end of the day, you want a baby, not tubes :p
Actually I followed your advice and i told him liao, i want to snip it, then he say wah you very enthu to op leh, only if swollen then i will cut it he said. hahahahah! Because he said if not swollen the tube is really normal, then I was like sure bo... hahaha

Actually I followed your advice and i told him liao, i want to snip it, then he say wah you very enthu to op leh, only if swollen then i will cut it he said. hahahahah! Because he said if not swollen the tube is really normal, then I was like sure bo... hahaha
then I guess better follow his advice cos he knows your condition best. For me, during one of the scans, my remaining tube was found to be leaking fluid (hydrosalphinx), so he gave me options to snip it off or to unblock it. I chose to snip it away cos it seems to be an hindrance to IVF, I was like keep having BFN.

then I guess better follow his advice cos he knows your condition best. For me, during one of the scans, my remaining tube was found to be leaking fluid (hydrosalphinx), so he gave me options to snip it off or to unblock it. I chose to snip it away cos it seems to be an hindrance to IVF, I was like keep having BFN.
Oh! can see fluid de ah? I am going for HSG, hoping to catch something. On and off, I have aches here and there on right. feels like ectopic symptoms. we'll see... but I agree with you. Snip off if hindering, its better! actually unblock is not 100% one. worse lor.

Oh! can see fluid de ah? I am going for HSG, hoping to catch something. On and off, I have aches here and there on right. feels like ectopic symptoms. we'll see... but I agree with you. Snip off if hindering, its better! actually unblock is not 100% one. worse lor.
Ya, maybe I was lucky that time, the scan managed to capture the fluid pooling at the cavity. After the scan, I was called up to THH's clinic and he showed and explained to me hydrosalphinx. At that point in time, I was feeling bummed cos gotta skip that cycle. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise?
I know the feeling ley, like sudden dull ache. Sometimes having sex will cause that particular side to ache too. No la! it's not as bad as ectopic. Ectopic is scary.
What you have thought, I have thought and been there before, so just make a clean break with the affected tube. Just remember, since you have embarked on this IVF journey, just focus getting a baby from the program and not like "Har, that means I cannot try natural liao" - in the first place, natural yield no baby, that's why you go for IVF mah, remember?

I drank Nutrisoy Less Sugar...can be found in NTUC
For medicated Fet, when to start drink soya.Up till Et?My iseus has always been lining since Mc.Prolly thats y failed my soiui & the recent fresh cycle.i Assumedrink them warm right.Those mr.bean soya can anot? Daily 1 cup right?

Ya, maybe I was lucky that time, the scan managed to capture the fluid pooling at the cavity. After the scan, I was called up to THH's clinic and he showed and explained to me hydrosalphinx. At that point in time, I was feeling bummed cos gotta skip that cycle. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise?
I know the feeling ley, like sudden dull ache. Sometimes having sex will cause that particular side to ache too. No la! it's not as bad as ectopic. Ectopic is scary.
What you have thought, I have thought and been there before, so just make a clean break with the affected tube. Just remember, since you have embarked on this IVF journey, just focus getting a baby from the program and not like "Har, that means I cannot try natural liao" - in the first place, natural yield no baby, that's why you go for IVF mah, remember?

ya lor, i gave your advice a thought, and then i went to research. damn sian saw the toxic liquids that affects.. hahah! Now im more sian to go HSG due to the pain!!!!!!!! HELP AH!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Mesara I'm trying to lose weight now before my FET in July too. I started going to the gym last week, 3 times a week, just to run about 20-25 mins on the treadmill. I've also started yoga (2 weeks now).. weight wise I have seen only a 1 kg drop so far, but overall I feel good.. so I suppose if it doesnt help us to lose everything, it helps to keep us in a happy state of mind, coz exercise produces endorphins, and endorphins make us happy!
My Fet will be in july too!! We are cycle buddy..Just failed my fresh cycle.Thus wana rest and build up body and lining especially...May my only 1 frosty brings me luck...

For medicated Fet, when to start drink soya.Up till Et?My iseus has always been lining since Mc.Prolly thats y failed my soiui & the recent fresh cycle.i Assumedrink them warm right.Those mr.bean soya can anot? Daily 1 cup right?
You can start to drink soya milk up to ET. Warm or cold doesn't matter, depends on your preference. I drank Nutrisoy cos of the calcium benefits other than building up the lining.

Not sure if Mr Bean soya is fortified. You can try.

My Fet will be in july too!! We are cycle buddy..Just failed my fresh cycle.Thus wana rest and build up body and lining especially...May my only 1 frosty brings me luck...
Hi, may I ask how u decide to do FET with 1 frozen embryo instead of doing another fresh cycle? I'm also left with one frozie but can't make up my mind to do FET with this one or go for another fresh cycle

You can start to drink soya milk up to ET. Warm or cold doesn't matter, depends on your preference. I drank Nutrisoy cos of the calcium benefits other than building up the lining.

Not sure if Mr Bean soya is fortified. You can try.
Thanks alot!

Hi, may I ask how u decide to do FET with 1 frozen embryo instead of doing another fresh cycle? I'm also left with one frozie but can't make up my mind to do FET with this one or go for another fresh cycle
I just decided them on my own with lots of positivenes from this thread quite no. Strong Ladies go thru alot cycles to finaly get bfp! I tell myself snce there is 1 left and who knws that only 1 is my survivor so just go for it la and have faith.If bfn shall go for another cycle next yr..:)

Ya, that blue dye test issit?

Is it the one pump liquid into uterus while lying down on X-ray table to see if the tubes are block de? I did one also pump saline to uterus during ultrasound de, I find that ultrasound one more pain.

By the way, do we need to repeat to check the tube? Mine was done in 2013.

Is it the one pump liquid into uterus while lying down on X-ray table to see if the tubes are block de? I did one also pump saline to uterus during ultrasound de, I find that ultrasound one more pain.

saline is Sono, different from HSG

I had my 3days embryo transfer on 3may.
On 9may I had bright red spotting with a big blood clot, went clinic for a jab to stabilise the embryo.. thinking that this may be due to implantation.

Then come 11may I had dark red spotting again.. went to the clinic again and doc did an u/s scan for me.. he saw a pocket of fluid in my uterus.. he said it could be due to unstable implantation.. gave me another jab and added one oral med dydrogesterone to my daily intake.

Anyone had experienced pocket of fluid in uterus before? Pls share with me, I'm pretty worried now.. I googled and mostly are bad news.. Feeling pretty down.. 5.more days to go til my BT

I just decided them on my own with lots of positivenes from this thread quite no. Strong Ladies go thru alot cycles to finaly get bfp! I tell myself snce there is 1 left and who knws that only 1 is my survivor so just go for it la and have faith.If bfn shall go for another cycle next yr..:)
It's a tough decision right.. Are u trying for ur first child or?

Hi Elsie, are you with NUH? I'm also on Nor E. Dosage is 1 tab twice a day. 1 in the morning & 1 at night. Wonder why your dosage is different
Yes with NUH. As I got very irregular menses and I think that's why doctor gave me different dosage. Are you also starting on Nor E today?

It's a tough decision right.. Are u trying for ur first child or?
Ya indeed tough decision but gota stay positive and have faith especialy failure after failure after failure.So reading this forum thread realy boost up my positiveness.Otherwise ive longed give u...Consider my 1st child after miscarried 3yrs back.On top of that i have very bad scarring after d&c procedure from that miscarried.I only began to start treatment last yr as I thought oh im young sure can go natural aftermiscarried.Who knows argh canot natural la.Lining super thin la..Thats bit of my story.Lol..Urself?

Ya, Ive tried that saline thingy, it's like shooting ice up. Dislike that feeling.

Ya indeed tough decision but gota stay positive and have faith especialy failure after failure after failure.So reading this forum thread realy boost up my positiveness.Otherwise ive longed give u...Consider my 1st child after miscarried 3yrs back.On top of that i have very bad scarring after d&c procedure from that miscarried.I only began to start treatment last yr as I thought oh im young sure can go natural aftermiscarried.Who knows argh canot natural la.Lining super thin la..Thats bit of my story.Lol..Urself?
I just mc late April but through meds insertion.. How do u know got scar? V scan can tell?
Your frostie is a day what embryo?

Back