IVF/ICSI Support Group

Its ok no worries.. Your with which hosp?
My past history was with Sgh.And when i cant conceive naturaly thereafter i resorted to Tmc for an answer.Then i move to Kkh after i found the answer to my inability to conceive naturaly And make all necesary procedures in Kkh up to date..

My past history was with Sgh.And when i cant conceive naturaly thereafter i resorted to Tmc for an answer.Then i move to Kkh after i found the answer to my inability to conceive naturaly And make all necesary procedures in Kkh up to date..
I see.. Just being kaypo.. How old are u now?

Ya, Ive tried that saline thingy, it's like shooting ice up. Dislike that feeling.

Ha I could barely keep my buttock on the bed lor... And the nurse told me is mild menstrual cramps! I think more like severe cramps! I think that is to check if the uterus wall is clear and free...

Just wonder if this and the dye X-ray test need to repeat after a few years....

Sisters with blocked tubes, do you all find that you have backaches more frequently than usual?
I have one side blocked tube and one sided back ache but not very frequently... I also have what towkayneo mentioned, dull achy feeling at my pelvic except I don't need to press. It just comes as and when but not too frequently too.

Just wondering if any ladies here have the same condition as me: my menses comes in droplets like over 4 to 5 days before they gush out like 2 days (some months less blood ) and then go back to droplets for the next 5 to 6 days... I read earlier on the topic that some ladies here are experiencing shorter days of period than younger days, same for me, decreasing number of days. But this trickling syndrome before and after full flow is recent. Perhaps 6 months to a year.

Is this perhaps a sign of poor lining?

My first IVF attempt is lined up for July... So kinda preparing... *apprehensive*

Sisters with kkh,
Can i ask those who did medicated fet before, is e support medicine for medicated FET after transfer till BT is
1. Progynova 4mg
2. Utrosgen inserts 2 tablets 3 times daily?

I had progynova too but can't remember dosage. And I requested to change to crinon inserts instead of ustrogen as I find that's it's more manageable, less messy & doesn't come off easily but it's slightly more ex.

Just wondering if any ladies here have the same condition as me: my menses comes in droplets like over 4 to 5 days before they gush out like 2 days (some months less blood ) and then go back to droplets for the next 5 to 6 days... I read earlier on the topic that some ladies here are experiencing shorter days of period than younger days, same for me, decreasing number of days. But this trickling syndrome before and after full flow is recent. Perhaps 6 months to a year.

Is this perhaps a sign of poor lining?

My first IVF attempt is lined up for July... So kinda preparing... *apprehensive*

I have this problem too. Spotting for few days then gush out for 2-3 days then spotting for few days... When it gush out even pad/tampons cannot hold blood will flow down my legs.. Wonder what happened.. Sometimes I have mid cycle spotting too, but no cramps or pain whatsoever.

I had progynova too but can't remember dosage. And I requested to change to crinon inserts instead of ustrogen as I find that's it's more manageable, less messy & doesn't come off easily but it's slightly more ex.
Thank you thank you for those who replied. E reason i ask is becos i just receive a call from clinic to inform my FET bloodtest results is bfn. Today is d12p3dt. I still have some utrosgen tablets (2.5 days supply) balanced leftover from kkh last time. I have used finish e cyclogest inserts from private gynae tonight. My af not here yet. I trying to be my own doctor and contemplating if i should continue e utrosgen inserts for 2 days till kkh supply ends. My progynova is till tomolo.

Clinging on to some false hopes maybi as af not reported but bloodtest and hpt is big fat negative. Silly gal becos actuali game over should stop eating n inserting liao unless after 12dt still got implantation (day 29 of e cycle)

Last edited:
Hi ladies, for those who did IVF with Dr Loh, did he give you 2 weeks MC for hospitalization leave after ET? Just had a consultation with him and he said actually don't need to rest so much. So just wondering if he would actually give the MC.

how many embryos do u all transfer? Just went for consultation ytd and my doc strongly suggest me to only put in 1 which i thought was huh just 1 ah?

I thought of putting in 2 cos got higher chance but at the same time if swee swee both succeed will end up with twins which may greatly increase the risk of complication. Or if :X need to terminate 1 because its not growing well because of the other 1..

how do u all balance all these out... in a dilemma..

how many embryos do u all transfer? Just went for consultation ytd and my doc strongly suggest me to only put in 1 which i thought was huh just 1 ah?

I thought of putting in 2 cos got higher chance but at the same time if swee swee both succeed will end up with twins which may greatly increase the risk of complication. Or if :X need to terminate 1 because its not growing well because of the other 1..

First fresh cycle I put in 2, bfn. 2nd fresh cycle I put in 3 because 1st cycle failed, and I am abv 37 so can put in 3. Also BFN. 3rd cycle: FET because its day 4 embroyo, so was told max 2 only not 3 so we put in 2.

Thank you thank you for those who replied. E reason i ask is becos i just receive a call from clinic to inform my FET bloodtest results is bfn. Today is d12p3dt. I still have some utrosgen tablets (2.5 days supply) balanced leftover from kkh last time. I have used finish e cyclogest inserts from private gynae tonight. My af not here yet. I trying to be my own doctor and contemplating if i should continue e utrosgen inserts for 2 days till kkh supply ends. My progynova is till tomolo.

Clinging on to some false hopes maybi as af not reported but bloodtest and hpt is big fat negative. Silly gal becos actuali game over should stop eating n inserting liao unless after 12dt still got implantation (day 29 of e cycle)

In my opinion, should stop the medications for AF to report.

I have one side blocked tube and one sided back ache but not very frequently... I also have what towkayneo mentioned, dull achy feeling at my pelvic except I don't need to press. It just comes as and when but not too frequently too.
me too... i dont have to press to feel the pain

Hi ladies, for those who did IVF with Dr Loh, did he give you 2 weeks MC for hospitalization leave after ET? Just had a consultation with him and he said actually don't need to rest so much. So just wondering if he would actually give the MC.
if you wish to rest you can ask fromhim and he will give it to you. Up to your comfort. he cannot reject you.

I did 4 cycles with 5 transfers all with 2 embryos all no results. Actually IVF is a probability game and not all probabilities are high. First time first strike is super super lucky or all conditions are good.

Yes he will give hospitalisation leave from ER date till date of hcg blood test for fresh cycle. So it's about 18 days. For FET, it starts from date of ET till date of blood test. It is up to you if you prefer to fully utilised for use partial depending on your work environment as well as company policy around leave entitlement. One thing to note is the leave certificate has the TFC logo and not from his private clinic. Some ladies actually mind coz they do not intend to reveal that they are away for fertility treatment but if you have to submit the leave cert to HR etc, they will know.

My aunty shared with me this recipe for TTC, ingredients: dan gui/black dates/egg, brewed for few hours, eat once a week.

Is it suitable to drink this soup during our stimulation onwards?

My aunty shared with me this recipe for TTC, ingredients: dan gui/black dates/egg, brewed for few hours, eat once a week.

I read before dang gui may cause miscarriage as it is suppose to increase blood circulation. My TCM also told me not to take dang gui when preg. I think better to consult a TCM first.

You have to be very careful with danggui's dosage. Danggui is to help move blood. i wouldnt take it if i am on stims unless advised.

Any sisters cycling soon?? Have started to cramp super badly...think ag going to come with vengeance as last cycle Feb. Will dr thh be in May and Jun...anyone heard he going on leave?

Hey sisters. Wan seek advise. Im ttc. But Im havin this yellowish sticky vaginal discharge for the past 1week. No smell though When I stand too long I feel this achy cramping feel at the vagina area which mks me very uncomfy lik im having menses. Sometimes Feeling fatigue too. Anybody experience b4?

3 yrs ago, I was pregnant together with my friend. Today, her daughter is celebrating her 3 yr old birthday and mine was an ectopic. Can't help but to think about my poor unborn child. Sighs some days are indeed harder than the rest. Sorry if this post is negative !

Hey sisters. Wan seek advise. Im ttc. But Im havin this yellowish sticky vaginal discharge for the past 1week. No smell though When I stand too long I feel this achy cramping feel at the vagina area which mks me very uncomfy lik im having menses. Sometimes Feeling fatigue too. Anybody experience b4?
Could it be yeast ? Did you see a doc? But if it's yeast you can self treat with canesten 1 day or 3 day treatment.

3 yrs ago, I was pregnant together with my friend. Today, her daughter is celebrating her 3 yr old birthday and mine was an ectopic. Can't help but to think about my poor unborn child. Sighs some days are indeed harder than the rest. Sorry if this post is negative !

(T_T)

Any sisters cycling soon?? Have started to cramp super badly...think ag going to come with vengeance as last cycle Feb. Will dr thh be in May and Jun...anyone heard he going on leave?
@mesara... take some hot drink to ease your cramp. Take good care and rest well ok? According to the nurse at kkivf, Dr HH Tan will be away on 19 May and 26 to 30 May. U may want to double check with the nurses before u start cycling! All the best ya!:)

Poor poor muff, hugs ~

I think you should move on, cos if you keep thinking about your unborn baby, it will have more or less a negative impact on you..for some religion, they say that if the mother keeps thinking about the unborn child, the latter is not able to move on either and it will stick to you. Jia you!

Could it be yeast ? Did you see a doc? But if it's yeast you can self treat with canesten 1 day or 3 day treatment.

Havent seen.doc yet cause this is,1st time I encountered it..will b goin to doc tomoro. My hub was telling mi e possibilties n quoted std wich cn b easily transmitted..

@MatchaLatte... I have done 2 ET so far. For both my cycle, my doctor decide on the no. of embryos to transfer.
You should trust your doctor. He/she know what is best for u!:)

Havent seen.doc yet cause this is,1st time I encountered it..will b goin to doc tomoro. My hub was telling mi e possibilties n quoted std wich cn b easily transmitted..
STD is only transmitted through sexual encounters like what the name says.. Don't worry too much about. Could be just yeast infection

I had the same dilemma MatchaLatte. My gynae suggested to put 1..but I told him this process of IVF is really damn heartbreaking if it fails again and I really wanna do what I can to improve the chances, so I prefer putting in two. He said he is only offering advice, as twin pregnancies usually are a little more complicated. But he will respect my wishes if I want to put two.

Usually first try they will encourage transfer 1.. After that they probably will say 2. If given a choice, I'll still stick to transfer 2

Yes he will give hospitalisation leave from ER date till date of hcg blood test for fresh cycle. So it's about 18 days. For FET, it starts from date of ET till date of blood test. It is up to you if you prefer to fully utilised for use partial depending on your work environment as well as company policy around leave entitlement. One thing to note is the leave certificate has the TFC logo and not from his private clinic. Some ladies actually mind coz they do not intend to reveal that they are away for fertility treatment but if you have to submit the leave cert to HR etc, they will know.

Thanks for answering DawnBB. Glad to know that he will still issue HL.

Back