IVF/ICSI Support Group

They call it pgs though. A gf of mine who saw prof wong was asked to do the trial. I do believe that there may be criterion for being selected to do the trial. Are you with nuh? If yes, I think you can enquire with them for the details. I don't have the full details but I do know that yes they are beginning the trials.
Oh serious? I'm with prof wong but hasn't discuss my next cycle with him. Shall ask him when I see him for next review

Just saw this on nuh website, but nothing said about the trial..

PGD: Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis

Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) is a technique that can be used in conjunction with IVF to test embryos for genetic disorders prior to their transfer to the uterus. PGD makes it possible for couples with serious inherited disorders to decrease the risk of having an affected child. PGD can also be considered for couples experiencing repeat pregnancy loss due to genetic disorders, couples that already have one child with a genetic disorder and are at high risk of having another, and couples interested in family balancing.

PGD is performed using a high-powered microscope. A single cell is removed from each embryo on day three of development and tested for the genetic trait of interest. The unaffected embryos are identified, separated from the affected embryos, and transferred into the uterus.

Anyone effectively managed to lose weight. How to shed all the weight gain by the meds side effects. I have a good 25kg to shed. At 85kg I really feel like an elephant. Any natural food helped u gals. Was planning to shed after pregnancy but seems like might explode if weight gain continues :p
Dear Mesara,
Workouts and diets! I managed to lose about 15 kg few years back when I was 30, from 68 kg to 53 kg in about 6 months. There was about 2-3 kg per month, which is considered in healthy range. It is all about your determination and perseverance. :( Too bad I have started gaining weight after stopped workouts for some time.
I went to gym almost everyday, durations from less than 15 mins until 2 hrs, after stamina builded up later. (Increase the duration gradually.) I have no gym buddies, just guided by my dance instructor friend for the first few times.
- I don't like to run, instead I walked on treadmill, setting the highest inclination, for 30 mins.
- I went on cross trainer, another 30 mins.
- I also did stepper, for 30 mins.
- Lastly the weight machines.
- I did go for steam bath after workouts, about 10-15 mins. I prefer steam bath than sauna.
These are the usual tasks I set to achieve every time I went to gym. I did sometimes join in the step classes.
At home, I did some exercises too, such as sit-up.
I cut down the white rice/bread and sugar intakes a lot, I consumed low-GI wholemeal bread. Supper is a big NO!
You may start seeing the effects after 3 months, others' positive compliments is the motivation for you to continue the journey. But as I said, determination and perseverance! It is not easy at the beginning, but you definitely will enjoy the outcomes and health benefits. It is POSSIBLE without any pills or meal replacements, just workouts and diets, which I think is the best and healthiest way of losing weight.
A little long post, hope it helps you and other sisters to gain some encouragements. Cheers...

@jean saw thanks alot for the sharing. I will start off with Carbo cut down and exercise. As we want pregnancy to happen soon cannot so vigorous also I think. After childbirth this shall be the focus.

@jean saw thanks alot for the sharing. I will start off with Carbo cut down and exercise. As we want pregnancy to happen soon cannot so vigorous also I think. After childbirth this shall be the focus.

Mesara I'm trying to lose weight now before my FET in July too. I started going to the gym last week, 3 times a week, just to run about 20-25 mins on the treadmill. I've also started yoga (2 weeks now).. weight wise I have seen only a 1 kg drop so far, but overall I feel good.. so I suppose if it doesnt help us to lose everything, it helps to keep us in a happy state of mind, coz exercise produces endorphins, and endorphins make us happy!

Yes you are right Mesara, do not have vigorous workouts while we are ttc-ing. Think carbo cut down and some regular exercises are good enough. Fighting and all the best...

Mesara I'm trying to lose weight now before my FET in July too. I started going to the gym last week, 3 times a week, just to run about 20-25 mins on the treadmill. I've also started yoga (2 weeks now).. weight wise I have seen only a 1 kg drop so far, but overall I feel good.. so I suppose if it doesnt help us to lose everything, it helps to keep us in a happy state of mind, coz exercise produces endorphins, and endorphins make us happy!
1 kg drop in 2 weeks is considered okay liao :) And if you can't see the drop in your clothing sizes, you know exercise is still beneficial for our general health, that is good enough. Gambateh finesse9702...

Hi all, have been a silent reader since I started my Ivf journey 3rd qtr of last year. Went through 2 fresh cycles with 2 embroyos and 3 embroyos put in. And 1 FET with 2 embroyos. Hubby says to give up already after the FET but we had an unexpected Vday pressie later when 1 embroyo implanted. Transfer was done on Vday. Was a tough journey though had to keep going back for weekly Hcg tests to determine E2, prostogen and beta levels till nearly 10 weeks.

Wanted to just share the tips I learnt from this forum. Taking lots half boiled eggs helped. I also drank Yeo black soya bean milk for the FET cycle where the lining grew fr 7mm to 12.5mm during ovulation. Earlier cycles I took egg whites and red bean soup but the lining was only about 8mm eventually.

However as I have existing fibroids they also grew bigger even though the FET cycle was natural without medication. Perhaps the soya bean milk "helped" them to grow.

Most impt must relax...although easier said than done. 1st cycle I took the full HL to stay at home but got stressed at home instead. 2nd cycle I had to go back to work because my work buddy was on block leave. The FET cycle I took 2 days medical leave to rest then go back to work.

This Ivf journey is really not easy. There were so many times I wanted to burst into tears when injecting myself with the jabs. As hubby works shift, he is not around to help me jab. Despite all the amt of fats I have at my tummy, jabbing was often a huge struggle.

Sisters, jia you!

Hi babybaby, Dr Loh recommended this supplement to me since my first consultation last month. At first, I was hesitating whether to go ahead coz I read of some of the side effect like hair loss, acne and worse is hair growth on the face so scary...

This is a hornone pill to improve quality and quantity of our eggs. I just started for a month, luckily no above symptoms.
Did you continue the DHEA during the ivf injections? Thanks!

Hi all, have been a silent reader since I started my Ivf journey 3rd qtr of last year. Went through 2 fresh cycles with 2 embroyos and 3 embroyos put in. And 1 FET with 2 embroyos. Hubby says to give up already after the FET but we had an unexpected Vday pressie later when 1 embroyo implanted. Transfer was done on Vday. Was a tough journey though had to keep going back for weekly Hcg tests to determine E2, prostogen and beta levels till nearly 10 weeks.

Wanted to just share the tips I learnt from this forum. Taking lots half boiled eggs helped. I also drank Yeo black soya bean milk for the FET cycle where the lining grew fr 7mm to 12.5mm during ovulation. Earlier cycles I took egg whites and red bean soup but the lining was only about 8mm eventually.

However as I have existing fibroids they also grew bigger even though the FET cycle was natural without medication. Perhaps the soya bean milk "helped" them to grow.

Most impt must relax...although easier said than done. 1st cycle I took the full HL to stay at home but got stressed at home instead. 2nd cycle I had to go back to work because my work buddy was on block leave. The FET cycle I took 2 days medical leave to rest then go back to work.

This Ivf journey is really not easy. There were so many times I wanted to burst into tears when injecting myself with the jabs. As hubby works shift, he is not around to help me jab. Despite all the amt of fats I have at my tummy, jabbing was often a huge struggle.

Sisters, jia you!
Congrats snowysun!:D Have a smooth pregnancy!

Sisters, jia you!

Hi snowysun, congratulations! Always uplifting to hear another successful case!! Gives us all hope to stride on! For yr black soya bean, when did u start drinking before yr FET? And throughout 2 WW? How much did u drink? Sorry for so many questions ;p

Thanks Mrs Chan00. Actually the IVF journey is not easy, and I m 38 this year. We got married in our late 20s, but hubby was not ready for kids then. After many years of trying, and a time of irregular period spotting, I realised I had fibroids so I had them removed a few years ago. Had endo as well. We tried again after that but still no stock came along. As time tickled, we decided to have a go at IVF. But the wait list was really long. We started consulation in 1st qtr of last yr, only started the journey in 3rd quarter because Jun we will be away and hence postponed to Jul/Aug.

During the process of stimm, the fibroids grew along with the follicles as well, a very likely but unfavourable outcome. There are now 4 of them in my tummy!

Considering my age and also my medical background, coupled with hubby's deformed sperms(the head is not regular), God has granted us a miracle. I have never seen a positive HPT except for those trigger shots. The feeling is very surreal, and unreal to some extent. I tested more than 10 strips, including 2 Clearblue digitals and many internet strips.....just could not believe it.

The gynae mentioned that there have been many miracles lately and she was seeing many preggies in their late 30s.

Miracles do happen, and I hope that everybody will see the rainbow at the end of the tunnel soon.

Jia you!

Hi snowysun, congratulations! Always uplifting to hear another successful case!! Gives us all hope to stride on! For yr black soya bean, when did u start drinking before yr FET? And throughout 2 WW? How much did u drink? Sorry for so many questions ;p
No prob, pls feel free to ask any questions that you have. I started drinking when my lining was at 6.5mm or so day 5 or so. I bought 2 types: the 1 lite Yeo's black soya bean milk to drink at home. I also bought the individual packets 250ml one I bring to office to drink, on average I drink twice a day if possible. I stopped drinking around ET. With every ultrasound, there is marked improvement in the lining. From 6.5mm to 7mm to 8mm to 10.5mm to 12.5mm. Even I was shocked. Compared to my earlier 2 fresh cycles, usu my lining was only 8mm which was just enough to do the ET.

But Yeo's black soya bean milk is not easy to find, not every NTUC carries, you may need to hunt for it.

I also ate many half boiled eggs, sometimes for breakfast, sometimes as dinner. Like 4 to 6 really big eggs like 75g each, cook as half boiled eggs.

Sisters, jia you!
What a good news of the day, congrats snowysun! Have a smooth pregnancy...

I just had my blood test for progesterone level on my post ET day 4 and it was 154..
Just wondering if progesterone level can detect early pregnancy?
Was told to have progesterone level more than 100 so that don't need injection. So does mine consider high?

I just had my blood test for progesterone level on my post ET day 4 and it was 154..
Just wondering if progesterone level can detect early pregnancy?
Was told to have progesterone level more than 100 so that don't need injection. So does mine consider high?
That means ok, since you exceed 100.

I started testing HPT from day 3, but I just wanted to test when the trail of the injection jab to go away. I am a bad example...hahaha.

By day 5 or 6, no more trail of the trigger jab alr.

My hubby says I pee on money literally....coz the hpt strips cost money. Hahaha...........

1st cycle, I never test, but I had spotting a few days before my supposed BT. Was BFN. 2nd cycle I started testing on day 8 or so, tested once in 2 or 3 days, negative all the way. But AF just come a few days after BT date. Therefore even though the process is the same, the date of AF arrival timing differs. I decided before I started the 3rd cycle I wanted to test before I do the BT, so even if its negative, I will already be prepared.

In fact I had a weird dream, dreamt my hubby had a mistress when he went Taiwan to work. She even come to our house and purposedly dropped the HPT on the floor to let me see that she is preggie. When I woke up I tested, and was a BFP. But it was a really strange dream.

Last edited:
In fact I had a weird dream, dreamt my hubby had a mistress when he went Taiwan to work. She even come to our house and purposedly dropped the HPT on the floor to let me see that she is preggie. When I woke up I tested, and was a BFP. But it was a really strange dream.

Pregnant women tend to have weird & vivid dreams.

Hi all,

I have gone through 4 failed IUI and now waiting for my upcoming iVF in August.

Any tips to prep the body?
I am feeling rather low as I am diagnosed with Low ovarian reserve. Read that people with such cases will normally have multiple ivf cycles.

No prob, pls feel free to ask any questions that you have. I started drinking when my lining was at 6.5mm or so day 5 or so. I bought 2 types: the 1 lite Yeo's black soya bean milk to drink at home. I also bought the individual packets 250ml one I bring to office to drink, on average I drink twice a day if possible. I stopped drinking around ET. With every ultrasound, there is marked improvement in the lining. From 6.5mm to 7mm to 8mm to 10.5mm to 12.5mm. Even I was shocked. Compared to my earlier 2 fresh cycles, usu my lining was only 8mm which was just enough to do the ET.

But Yeo's black soya bean milk is not easy to find, not every NTUC carries, you may need to hunt for it.

I also ate many half boiled eggs, sometimes for breakfast, sometimes as dinner. Like 4 to 6 really big eggs like 75g each, cook as half boiled eggs.

May I know when do you all start drinking the yeo's black soya bean milk? And eating the egg whites?

Thanks

May I know when do you all start drinking the yeo's black soya bean milk? And eating the egg whites?

Thanks
You can start upon starting your IVF cycle.

Oh yes, I was wearing socks to sleep about 1 month before I started my IVF cycle because I was having a cough, and my feet were icy cold. So it kinda turned into a routine to wear socks to sleep. Even now I still do it. Also my feet were very dry, so wearing socks kinda keep them moisturised, because I sleep in an air con room.

Most impt I feel is to be relaxed....

That means ok, since you exceed 100.

I started testing HPT from day 3, but I just wanted to test when the trail of the injection jab to go away. I am a bad example...hahaha.

By day 5 or 6, no more trail of the trigger jab alr.

My hubby says I pee on money literally....coz the hpt strips cost money. Hahaha...........

1st cycle, I never test, but I had spotting a few days before my supposed BT. Was BFN. 2nd cycle I started testing on day 8 or so, tested once in 2 or 3 days, negative all the way. But AF just come a few days after BT date. Therefore even though the process is the same, the date of AF arrival timing differs. I decided before I started the 3rd cycle I wanted to test before I do the BT, so even if its negative, I will already be prepared.

Wow thanks for sharing ur story.. indeed very weird dream leh.. I don't mind such dream to wake up testing BFP! Hahaha..
My BT is on 17th may.. mayb I'll start using HPT 15th may onwards..

My previous fresh cycle I got spotting on post ET day 9 and was tested BFN.. now on every toilet visit, I very scared I'll see spotting.. fingers crossed. Jiayou everyone!

Wow thanks for sharing ur story.. indeed very weird dream leh.. I don't mind such dream to wake up testing BFP! Hahaha..

My previous fresh cycle I got spotting on post ET day 9 and was tested BFN.. now on every toilet visit, I very scared I'll see spotting.. fingers crossed. Jiayou everyone!

All the best Cara for yr BT!!

Jia you...*spinkles lots baby dust on you*

I felt bloated and had alot gas in my tummy during 2ww. And some whitish discharge that resembles semi cooked egg whites, sorry that sounds really gross.

But something impt to highlight no lines on HPT does not mean you are not preggy, because sometimes the hcg level is not high enough to be detected on HPT because you are too early, or the implantation took place later, or the urine is not concentrated enough. The best time to test on a HPT is early morning urine. Do remember that HPT is like a double edged sword. I even buy different brands to ensure that there is no technical error....hahaha.......

Cara... All the best for BT next week! Keep your faith and stay positive ya!:)

I am having fever since Sunday. Highest it went was 38.9. I have been taking Panadol to reduce the fever. And today started to have running nose, cough and sore throat. Today is my 10dpt. I'm wondering if I test now, it would be accurate at all. My sis said when she had her firstborn, she had fever too. She didn't know she was pregnant and just took Panadol to reduce fever. After that, she even went to take the rollercoaster ride. I am hoping that I am pregnant too and thus my immunity is weaker.

Thanks
To ride on this post, I read in some websites saying ttc shouldn't take too much soy products due to the presence of oestrogen. Anyone has any take on this? If organic soy will it be better? But the price is like 3-4x that of Yeo’s

Jia you...*spinkles lots baby dust on you*

I felt bloated and had alot gas in my tummy during 2ww. And some whitish discharge that resembles semi cooked egg whites, sorry that sounds really gross.

But something impt to highlight no lines on HPT does not mean you are not preggy, because sometimes the hcg level is not high enough to be detected on HPT because you are too early, or the implantation took place later, or the urine is not concentrated enough. The best time to test on a HPT is early morning urine. Do remember that HPT is like a double edged sword. I even buy different brands to ensure that there is no technical error....hahaha.......
Thanks!! But arughhh I just saw some brown discharge.. is this normal? Is this implantation spotting? I'm post ET day6 today.. anyone has implantation spotting on post ET day6 before?
TFC is closed and I called O&G, they ask me to call TFC tomorrow morning and go down to get a jab..

I am having fever since Sunday. Highest it went was 38.9. I have been taking Panadol to reduce the fever. And today started to have running nose, cough and sore throat. Today is my 10dpt. I'm wondering if I test now, it would be accurate at all. My sis said when she had her firstborn, she had fever too. She didn't know she was pregnant and just took Panadol to reduce fever. After that, she even went to take the rollercoaster ride. I am hoping that I am pregnant too and thus my immunity is weaker.

Hope yr fever quickly subsides. All the best to u, ger!!

All the best lovetohavekids and hope for u that you're right! Meanwhile take care of yrself and check with yr gynae on the meds u can take OK!

Hi ladies, I'm consulting my gynae about endo scratch tmr.. Any advice on what are the things I should be asking? When is endo scratch done? How early before FET?

Hi ladies, I'm consulting my gynae about endo scratch tmr.. Any advice on what are the things I should be asking? When is endo scratch done? How early before FET?

I did 1 cycle before, meaning my FET was scheduled in Sept. When my Aug af came, call the clinic on your cd1 & they will count the date for u to go down for scratch. If I remember correctly, its normally done between cd 21 to cd 25. Thereafter your af will follow a week after or so and you will start on your progynova for FET. But that's for kkh & for medicated. I'm not sure abt other hospitals. There'll be spotting/bleeding after scratch so it can get kinda confusing if it's your af or the aftereffect from the scratch so just monitor.

Usually endoscratch is done on D21 of the preceding cycle. After that menses may come 1-2 days earlier and u will start taking progynova to build the lining from D2 onwards for medicated FET. When lining is about 8mm with triple lining, ur doc may consider it to be optimal for transfer and then prescribe progesterone support like cyclogest or utrogestan 5 days before transfer. Endoscratch is pretty painless depending on your threshold but just quite uncomfortable but u can survive it by popping 2 Panadols 30 mins before the procedure.

Dear ladies, I hope my sharing can help some of you. I was as active in the forum last year about this time doing my stims. Was supposed to be with Prof PC Wong NUH, but he was away for conference and did ask if I wanna contd without him. I followed my guts and was assigned to Dr Anupriya. My first scan was still PC but by day 4 of stim, My affinity with her started. It was a decision I would never forget. Maybe I am a chinchai person. Doc say what I do what and I was very high spirited. During the first 4 days, I was just on normal dose on gonal f but my follies didn't grow much, The same thing happen during iui when I was using puregon. So this time Upon scanning Anu quickly added more injections cetrotide and pervogaris to stimulate further. I was also on the higher dose on gonal-F due to me being obese and I also stim longer than others. I started my cycle on 29/4. And by 14/5 I had about 14-15 follicles. Was schedule to ER on 16/5. Managed to retrieve 11 eggs, 9 matured. Next day called 5 fertilized good grade. ET on 19/5 2x 8 cell embryo. So it's a D3 embryo. My 2WW I was eating egg whites, chicken essence kiwis. I felt a little cramps sometime 5dp3dt. By 8dp3dt I tested positive. Also had very vivid dreams on the night before my bt on 2/6. Hcg was 579.4. Anu said lets see if it's twins. True indeed 6 weeks scan detected 2 sacs. I would like to highly recommend Dr Anu as an IVF doctor as well as Gynae. I m super glad that I chose to stick with her. My pregnancy was very high risk, by 6 weeks pregnant, diagnosed with gestational diabetes but she was so careful with me and ordered a lot of pregnancy supports including proluton jabs and inserts. I also had to start my insulin. I had low placenta and high blood pressure too. She had never make me kan Cheong and I always feel at ease with her despite my medical issues. So fast forward, I am very lucky to have a very smooth pregnancy despite preeclampsia and I was a massive ball 128kg. Dr Anu immed admit me, and she showed such passion and commitment as a Gynae. Every morning she would check on me until she say cannot wait to 18/1 I have to op you on 17/1 as my body was in great pain. My BG twins was born 2.9/3.2kg at 36w5d. Looking back, I cannot thank her enough for giving her best to treat me. I once said.. Go and rest Dr Anu, she said I still have to help others. I will always remember the morning of 17/1/2016, I walked out of my ward toilet, she was already there with her platoon of doctors waiting to welcome my 2 precious that afternoon csec. I would like to highly recommend Dr Anu NUH. Oh ya I forgot to mention she is very good with her operation, my wound heal nicely and I didn't experience much discomfort with it.

Last edited:

Dear ladies. Just to chk. For ivf briefing. Its to b paid via,cash rite. No subsidised as in can pay by co doctor card tings lik tt?

Back