IVF/ICSI Support Group

Can consider taking at least the first week HL if you do not want to take the full 2 weeks as that's the critical implantation window. It will be good to rest and have stress free time but if you feel being occupied at work keeps your mind away from worrying too much, provided your work is not physically taxing, it's not all bad going back to work.

Thanks, I might consider taking 1 week then. My job not physically taxing but can be rather stressful.

I managed to get hold of raspberry leaf tea from Holland Barrett at Jurong point outlet. However I realised its not organic.. But heck la.. Just take. On offer, 2 boxes for $6 plus so hubby bought the last 2 boxes...

I see, mine is unexplained fertility issue as both of us are fine and well...don't have any major problems.. Haiz...think unexplained fertility is the most sianz case...

I just started acupuncture, hope can help me in this area ...
Hi, doc also diagnosed me as unexplained infertility.. But as I chart my ovulation, I realised my luteal phase is short, maybe 10-11 days. And my response to stim is not very good despite normal AMH. However my FSH is on the high side.. So I self diagnose myself with luteal phase defect and Low ovarian reserve

Hi, doc also diagnosed me as unexplained infertility.. But as I chart my ovulation, I realised my luteal phase is short, maybe 10-11 days. And my response to stim is not very good despite normal AMH. However my FSH is on the high side.. So I self diagnose myself with luteal phase defect and Low ovarian reserve
Hi @Dreamscometrue, my cycle is around 28 days, luteal phase around 13 to 15 days. My AMH is very good but until now, I did not have jabs before so not sure how will I react to...

I see, mine is unexplained fertility issue as both of us are fine and well...don't have any major problems.. Haiz...think unexplained fertility is the most sianz case...

I just started acupuncture, hope can help me in this area ...
Hey bbdust81... Don't worry too much. Even with a low amh and sperm count, I manage to conceive naturally once but mc and have 5 useable embryo on my 1st fresh cycle. Since both u and hubby are fine and well and your AMH and luteal phase is good, u should be fine de. Just eat well and stay positive. Jiayou!:)

Last edited:
Hi @Dreamscometrue, my cycle is around 28 days, luteal phase around 13 to 15 days. My AMH is very good but until now, I did not have jabs before so not sure how will I react to...
@bbdust81, I'm also in the same situation as you and I'm guessing that we are of the same age. All the tests came back okay, except that I wasn't ovulating. But if it's just the ovulation problem, it should be solved with clomid. But I still failed IUI (with clomid) twice. My AMH is good (no sure about FSH), I responded well to the jabs and I retrieved a good number of eggs. So, don't worry, you'll be fine.

Today is 7dp2dt! 10 more days to go!

During 2ww, did many of u go on HL or back to office to work? I was thinking of going back office to work but not sure how I will be feeling... Or should I just stay home. Any comments from those who had both experiences staying home and going back to work during 2ww?

I had experienced both staying home and going back to work during the 2ww. I would say, just follow your heart & gut feel. If you decide to stay home, just make sure that you’ve things to entertain yourself like watching comedy, read books and do stuffs to make you relax, even going coffee with friends is fine too otherwise you’ll be more stressed up by being overly obsessed with the signs and symptoms. I realized that the 1st week is normally ok…but come the 2nd week of waiting nearing to BT, you’ll start to lose your sanity. But if you have a happy and stress-free work environment i.e. no deadlines to meet, no demanding customers to deal with, no lousy superiors or bosses, but nice crazy colleagues that makes you laugh, then it will be good to go back. My last cycle I had wanted to go back after resting for 3 days including weekends but the moment I step into the office, I just felt overwhelmed & stressed up with all the documents on my table and I just decided there and then to take HL all the way and also upon the advice of my TCM as well.

Hi all, I am new here. I have my first appointment scheduled at SGH end of march.
I am trying out IVF after 12 years of marriage with 2 miscarriage and 1 ectopic pregnancy.
Time is not on my side now and I would like to know what to expect and how soon the treatment will start after the first appointment.
Thank you in advance :)

@bbdust81, I'm also in the same situation as you and I'm guessing that we are of the same age. All the tests came back okay, except that I wasn't ovulating. But if it's just the ovulation problem, it should be solved with clomid. But I still failed IUI (with clomid) twice. My AMH is good (no sure about FSH), I responded well to the jabs and I retrieved a good number of eggs. So, don't worry, you'll be fine.

Today is 7dp2dt! 10 more days to go!
Hi@ChasingRainbow, I also failed 2 IUI (with clomids), that why switch to IVF

This is ur 1st IVF? In which hospital? Good luck to U....

Hi@ChasingRainbow, I also failed 2 IUI (with clomids), that why switch to IVF

This is ur 1st IVF? In which hospital? Good luck to U....
haha... our experiences are so similiar. I'm with Dr Sadhana at KKH. I decided to go to her because my friend's sister BFP under her. It's my first frozen cycle and my first ET. I didn't do ET for my first fresh cycle because I'm at risk for OHSS, which in the end I think mine was not serious at all because I was only feeling really bloated for 2 days after ER. The nurse explain to me that people with high AMH tends to respond better to the jabs and have more follicles, and therefore at risk for OHSS but also means more eggs retrieved usually.

haha... our experiences are so similiar. I'm with Dr Sadhana at KKH. I decided to go to her because my friend's sister BFP under her. It's my first frozen cycle and my first ET. I didn't do ET for my first fresh cycle because I'm at risk for OHSS, which in the end I think mine was not serious at all because I was only feeling really bloated for 2 days after ER. The nurse explain to me that people with high AMH tends to respond better to the jabs and have more follicles, and therefore at risk for OHSS but also means more eggs retrieved usually.

More no gd, less aso no gd...so dilemma
I saw Dr Tan for the consultation session and he said wait for call to attend the counselling session.

How much U pay for the blood tests and the counselling session? Does the blood test test the hormonal areas such as Progesterone, LH, FSH, Prolactin, TSH etc?

More no gd, less aso no gd...so dilemma
I saw Dr Tan for the consultation session and he said wait for call to attend the counselling session.

How much U pay for the blood tests and the counselling session? Does the blood test test the hormonal areas such as Progesterone, LH, FSH, Prolactin, TSH etc?
i think i replied someone before:
mine bill was $415 (before gst) for blood test in sep 2015 for both me and hubby (we totally didn't do any blood test before that). $337.05 for registration and ivf counselling in nov 2015. not too sure if it would be cheaper for non-private patient (I'm under the private).

My doctor didn't order hormonal tests. My blood test included thalassaemia, HIV, syphillis, hep B, hep C, rubella and AMH.

Wow!!! Very good number! You should be able to say goodbye to simulation jabs!

Thanks, I hope so too. But still early to say this as today is the first day post ER only, pray for the embies to grow healthily and happily in coming days :)

Hi all, I am new here. I have my first appointment scheduled at SGH end of march.
I am trying out IVF after 12 years of marriage with 2 miscarriage and 1 ectopic pregnancy.
Time is not on my side now and I would like to know what to expect and how soon the treatment will start after the first appointment.
Usually it's abt 3 mths waiting time from your first appt. you need to attend Counselling session, hubby and you need some blood test. Doc will inform you when to start.
Jia you

Hi sisters, I've been a silent reader of this forum to gain information about IVF, and would like to share my experience.

I'm with KKH, been TTC for 1 year plus and went to seek help after not conceiving naturally. Test results came back normal except for mild male factor issue (i.e. unexplained subfertility). Attempted 1 cycle of IUI without success and hubby decided to try for IVF straight instead of attempting another round of IUI.

Started my IVF last month with Puregon. Managed to retrieve 20 eggs, of which 9 were mature and injected (mine was 100% ICSI). Transferred 1 blastocyst and have 4 snow babies (all blastocysts).

Had my pregnancy blood test yesterday and came back positive. Going for the first scan next week. However now I'm experiencing mild late-onset OHSS (mild fluid accumulation in tummy, breathlessness), so monitoring at the moment in the hope that it doesn't worsen.

Spreading babydust to all! :)

Hi sisters, I've been a silent reader of this forum to gain information about IVF, and would like to share my experience.

I'm with KKH, been TTC for 1 year plus and went to seek help after not conceiving naturally. Test results came back normal except for mild male factor issue (i.e. unexplained subfertility). Attempted 1 cycle of IUI without success and hubby decided to try for IVF straight instead of attempting another round of IUI.

Started my IVF last month with Puregon. Managed to retrieve 20 eggs, of which 9 were mature and injected (mine was 100% ICSI). Transferred 1 blastocyst and have 4 snow babies (all blastocysts).

Had my pregnancy blood test yesterday and came back positive. Going for the first scan next week. However now I'm experiencing mild late-onset OHSS (mild fluid accumulation in tummy, breathlessness), so monitoring at the moment in the hope that it doesn't worsen.

I had cyst but Doctor said from blood test, I was not down with OHSS. Cyst grew everywhere in ovary and uterus and sonographer even thought my twin B was a cyst initially! Initially u may have some bloatedness and lower abdominal pain but it will subside ard week 8-10 and there comes morning sickness. It's better to contd HL to rest and not to walk too much.

Congrats skyangel!:) Take good care ya.. Have a smooth pregnancy!

U can bring along all reports if u have. If not, some doctors will get u go do some tests eg. Ovulation routine test, HSG, sperm analysis etc which take 2-3 months and if there's other options, they will suggest u to try other methods before ivf unless u hav very good reason to insist for ivf.

I had cyst but Doctor said from blood test, I was not down with OHSS. Cyst grew everywhere in ovary and uterus and sonographer even thought my twin B was a cyst initially! Initially u may have some bloatedness and lower abdominal pain but it will subside ard week 8-10 and there comes morning sickness. It's better to contd HL to rest and not to walk too much.

Yup my HL got extended by a week to rest and monitor.

Update on D1 (post-ER), Mar 08 Tue
- Out of 56 eggs retrieved, only 30 mature enough
- Out of the 30, 26 eggs fertilized via ICSI

Update on D2 (post-ER), Mar 09 Wed
- Out of the 26 eggs fertilized, 16 embryos are better ones, of Grade 1 and Grade 2. They are frozen today.
- The remaining 10 embryos, which are not so good ones will be monitored and cultured till D5 blastocysts. The survivors will be frozen by then.

Hi, does anyone here take raspberry leaf tea? At improvement to the lining result after taking it?
Hi, i am supposed to have FET 2 months ago but twice i went to see doc lining was too thin (less than 7mm and shape of lining was not ideal). For my feb cycle i decided to take rasberry tea leaf and organic red bean soup more often. Too my surprise, lining was good enough in feb and i had done my FET. I took 1 week leave to stay at home as well. Im 6 weeks pregnant now. I do not know if it was the red bean or rasberry tea leaf that boost the lining as i had because of medical reason removed my iucd in last year nov.

No harm trying taking these. Good luck to all!

Hi, i am supposed to have FET 2 months ago but twice i went to see doc lining was too thin (less than 7mm and shape of lining was not ideal). For my feb cycle i decided to take rasberry tea leaf and organic red bean soup more often. Too my surprise, lining was good enough in feb and i had done my FET. I took 1 week leave to stay at home as well. Im 6 weeks pregnant now. I do not know if it was the red bean or rasberry tea leaf that boost the lining as i had because of medical reason removed my iucd in last year nov.

Congrats!! Will take note of this for my coming cycle!

Congrats! How often u take those? And for how Long before your FET?

How frequent do u take the RLT and red bean??

Congrats alexis83, what an encouraging news! Have a smooth pregnancy!

Congrats!:) Am gg to do the same too for may FET!

Congrats! How often u take those? And for how Long before your FET?
Hi all thank you all. I started taking after 4th day of menses, when my menses is not so heavy. I will take the tea almost every alternate days. I left it in my office so will drink it 3times a week. For the organic red bean too, i took it every other day. 1 week up to 4 times. I cook it myself so cannot cook everyday. If you have those small slow cooker, you can cook it overnight and morning have it for breakfast. I will put high at night for 1+ hours then before i go to bed turn it to low/auto. You can add in dried longan when its low so you dont have to add in sugar. Do make sure theres enough water.

Hi all thank you all. I started taking after 4th day of menses, when my menses is not so heavy. I will take the tea almost every alternate days. I left it in my office so will drink it 3times a week. For the organic red bean too, i took it every other day. 1 week up to 4 times. I cook it myself so cannot cook everyday. If you have those small slow cooker, you can cook it overnight and morning have it for breakfast. I will put high at night for 1+ hours then before i go to bed turn it to low/auto. You can add in dried longan when its low so you dont have to add in sugar. Do make sure theres enough water.

So it's ok to take these during the cycle itself? How about when preg? Continue to take or stop?

Im not too sure can still take the tea when pregnant. Anyway doc gave a lot of medicine after fet which i feel it is good enough. I continued taking both tea and red bean soup till FET. After FET i just took the red bean soup; also because i want to finish the remaining red bean in the bag =)

Hi do you still rem your ET was done on which day of your cycle?

I've been with Dr Loh too and did 3 fresh & 2 FET. Bfp on last FET. Each fresh we retrieved over 20+ eggs and had 32 eggs for last fresh. Was down with mild OHSS for first fresh cycle and at high risk for subsequent cycles. I was triggered with pregnyl every time and managed to proceed with ER in every fresh cycle. So I think it depends. I guess they will decide to use lucrin only if you have over 30 or 40 follicles meaning very high risk of severe OHSS.

Yours indeed a great response. Now most important to recover well and prepare for your FET. Jia you! All the best!
Woooww how can you manage to have so many follicles ? We're you under short protocol or long protocol ?

Woooww how can you manage to have so many follicles ? We're you under short protocol or long protocol ?
Hi Winnie. I was under short protocols for first and third fresh but used Puregon & Orgalutran (for LH suppression) for 1st fresh while for 3rd fresh, used Gonal F, small dose of Pergoveris (added later) and Cetrotide (for LH suppression). Both cycles used very high stim dosage up to 450iu or 475iu while LH suppression was only added after at least 5 days of solely stimulation jabs. For 2nd fresh, we did long protocol with lucrin down regulation and stim with Puregon & Menopur. With Long protocol, we had fewer qty as compared to 1st cycle so doc concluded that short protocol more suitable for me. Doc did advised that my AMH and FSH levels show very good reserve just that advance age may pose a challenge to getting to the quality ones still available.

Hi babes, I had my first scan for natural fet today. Lining 6.5, two follies, no ovulation yet. The doc who reviewed said if I have always obtain ling of abt 7, even for natural cycle my lining will be ard 7 it won't grow any further .. Any truth in this? She said she will aim for 7 before she puts me to et .. I'm pondering if I ought to abort the cycle and go for medicated. I wouldn't want a situation where the lining isn't ideal yet I go for et and get negative results. I'm in kkh under dr Tan hh but scans review was done by doc on duty not dr Tan hh

Hi all sisters, need advise, will we have more follicle grow, today I did my 1st scan after 9 days of jabs and only see 6 follicles. Will we have more follicles growing? And doc never increased my dosage at all. Remain the same.

Hi Winnie. I was under short protocols for first and third fresh but used Puregon & Orgalutran (for LH suppression) for 1st fresh while for 3rd fresh, used Gonal F, small dose of Pergoveris (added later) and Cetrotide (for LH suppression). Both cycles used very high stim dosage up to 450iu or 475iu while LH suppression was only added after at least 5 days of solely stimulation jabs. For 2nd fresh, we did long protocol with lucrin down regulation and stim with Puregon & Menopur. With Long protocol, we had fewer qty as compared to 1st cycle so doc concluded that short protocol more suitable for me. Doc did advised that my AMH and FSH levels show very good reserve just that advance age may pose a challenge to getting to the quality ones still available.
Thank you for your reply I was under short protocol. Seems low response sigh I wish I can have more egg retrieved.

Hi all sisters, need advise, will we have more follicle grow, today I did my 1st scan after 9 days of jabs and only see 6 follicles. Will we have more follicles growing? And doc never increased my dosage at all. Remain the same.
Last time I scanned at day 8 there were 7 follicles , there were 8 on day 10 . Finally retrieved 8 eggs. Sister are u on short or long protocol ?

Back