IVF/ICSI Support Group

Anyone under Dr. Tan HH ( KKH) or PC Wong ( NUH) ? I just fail my 1st fresh cycle and thinking to switch to a different doctor or hospital. And need feedback from the sisters here who went through with either one of them before. Appreciate if anyone can share their experience.
Am with Dr Tan HH .I had a change of hand from Dr Tan Tse Yuen( associate consultant )
1st fresh - abandon due ohss
1st FET - et 2 day2 embryos , 1 sticked on but m/c at week 5 due poss chromosome issue.
2nd Fet - bfn
2nd live with Dr Tan HH , ER 17, 10 fertilized , all cultured to day5, only managed to ET 2 day5 blastocyst embryo, one stayed, just had my 1st scan, bb's heartbeat seen.

My personal point of view is that embryo quality would determine the implantation process.

Still long way for me n pray hard that everything goes on smoothly.

All ladies out there please stay strong and positive. U just need one or two strongest ones to stick with you.

Last edited:

Dear ladies,
I cleared another mini milestone today (many more to go) and I tot I would take this chance to share. Today Sgh care gave me all clear after monitoring my bt results every week for past month. This means my case will be transferred to their OnG clinic.

Meanwhile, I would like to pen down what I tot might have made a difference in this cycle. And I hope it might help some of you! Love you all! Jia you all the way ok!

I have done 3xiui (with dr Charles lim), moved to Sgh care to do 1fresh ivf, 1fet. In all the cases previously, normally will be quite smooth but will no success without any reason. Finally bfp with 2nd fresh

This cycle I was given growth hormones as an extra boost. During the fertilization the embryologist used Embrogen and Blastgen as a medium which is supposed to be better for the growth of embryos and implantation. (Especially for my age at 37)

I also decided to maintain a healthy lifestyle, not much change in diet but I started to do a lot more exercise in the months before. I did yoga (with Mdm Valencia tan) and i also run regularly. Generally I felt I was at one of my fittest times ever the week before the start of the stimulation. (I knew cos I went for a 5km jog n i felt so positive n good the day before I did the first injection)

Mentally and spiritually, I also tried to listen to some meditation videos on YouTube to calm my monkey brain sometimes. (It is very hard n everyday 胡思乱想) I also visited Mdm tan for healing sessions which is very calming for me too.

During the 2ww, I actually took leave. I had never believed in taking leave in all the previous tries. But this time I've decided not to be a workaholic and give myself 2 weeks break from work. I even went to the sea (Malaysia) to relax for a few days. (Of cos I had to catch up with a lot of work when I returned Alamak)

That's about it! Hope this will help some of you! Lots of love and lots of baby dusts!

Congrats kitty 16!! Tks for sharing ur experience with us! Wish you a smooth sailing pregnancy ahead!! All the best sista!!

Yes, she v busy and i had to spend half a day each scan there, scan n wait for her review. I took pm leave as i dont want take so many mc plus the hl. Im sure my boss will freak out during the post transfer hl. She didn't increase e dosage, i will continue same dosage 3 days and go back on fri. I went clementi tcm for 3 mths prior to start, was hoping got miracles then i can skip ivf, but no such luck.

Thanks! :)
I'm in my 12th week now. Have been taking tcm medicine from Dr Tan Siew Buoy to support the pregnancy since realizing I'm pregnant on week 6.
I've been seriously tcc-ing for 5 years (4 failed fresh IVFs, 2 IUIs). I don't know how much DHEA helped.

Maybe it's blessing from gods too...this year my husband and I participated in this annual "snatch flower" ritual at a Taoist temple in Race Course road on 15th of lunar first month for the first time.
Anyone interested to try this next year can call the temple tel: 6293 4683 to ask for details. Beo San Hood Chor Temple 443 Race Course Rd Singapore 218687
Hi yunxi, me & hubby went that day too for the "snatch flower" ritual guess we must have met there haha. But well seems like it doesn't work for me but I'm still keeping the flowers at my bed. Anyway congrats to u! Truely God blessed!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 210
Hi ladies!

Just got back from my last follicle scan before the ER on sat. Dr Loh mentioned due to the amount of eggs, I may have risks of OHSS. But I decided to go ahead with the Pregnyl shot. Is there any thing I can do to prevent OHSS from happening to severely?
I had 25 eggs retrieved in last cycle. My tcm doc then advised me to take 怀山.
Continue to take protein food/ eeg whites and drink more water. Felt Breathless during the jab period; nausea with headaches and no appetite for few days after ET. Sore boobs and bloatedness is normal.

Good luck!

I had 25 eggs retrieved in last cycle. My tcm doc then advised me to take 怀山.
Continue to take protein food/ eeg whites and drink more water. Felt Breathless during the jab period; nausea with headaches and no appetite for few days after ET. Sore boobs and bloatedness is normal.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply!
Even sore nipples?

I'm sure they got themselves checked?

Yep we had checked at KKH already. So now hubby is going for blood test to check hormone levels (upon recommendation by TCM clementi tan ks) , find out the cause first.

Hey @Dreamscometrue , u started accupunture at Clementi Tan Kian Sing? He treating women too? Is it a prep for your next cycle? I"m looking for an accupuncturist for myself to start prepping again..

Hi,

I'm planning to go for IVF in 2016. My age is 28 & my husband's age is 36. My husband's sperm count is low. Can anyone guide me about best hospital & best doctor for ICSI?
Hi Dena_bd, I heard Dr Yu Su Lin from SGH is good. She has helped my fren's sis to get pregnant with twins last month. Also her another fren got pregnant under same Doctor too.

Dear All, hope to seek "refuge" and want to share here.. After looking thru so many posts, I somehow can feel some of you..

Am 32 this years. Did a thorough fertility test in 2013 and got the sad news that my egg count in the egg bank is very low. Doc say usually it supposed to be more than 1, bt mine is like 0.9. Recently, hub and I started to be active in bb making again. Went for the fertility test (AMH or something) last week again to see how it goes. Got the dreaded news this afternoon that the count decrease to 0.4! I was very disappointed and sad, seriously. Hear all these really sian to the max. Hub told me to try IVF straight but I also worry cause success rate is 30+% only? Thought of IUI but seems like a waste $ option for me cause success rate 10% only although cost is cheaper.

I also just started with TCM at Ban Choon Chan at Marine Parade (recommended by a friend) during Nov and told him my egg count low or something like that so I want to tiao my body for conceiving. The uncle like very confident tell me he will surely help me, prescribed 4 packs of medicine. Although I hope for the best this month, but I doubt it wont be so easy for me. Moreover after hearing the sad news this afternoon, lagi mood down..

Hi ladies!

Just got back from my last follicle scan before the ER on sat. Dr Loh mentioned due to the amount of eggs, I may have risks of OHSS. But I decided to go ahead with the Pregnyl shot. Is there any thing I can do to prevent OHSS from happening to severely?
Hi Claire

Did Doctor loh suggest doing a Lucrin trigger instead?

Or was there any reason you chose the Pregnyl over Lucrin even though Pregnyl might cause OHSS?

Thanks cherylng, more or less I've accepted it when I have menses came on Sunday. Dr Jessie phoon transferred only 1 blastocyst for me, I'm thinking if there's a different if she were to transfer 2 blastocyst instead?
Think as yours is blast, if Dr is to transfer 2 instead of 1 - chances of multiple pregnancy is higher. & maybe she wanted to be more 'conservative' as it was your 1st attempt. For the next round, she might transfer 2. U can let her know your doubts at the Dr review session...

Dear All, hope to seek "refuge" and want to share here.. After looking thru so many posts, I somehow can feel some of you..

Am 32 this years. Did a thorough fertility test in 2013 and got the sad news that my egg count in the egg bank is very low. Doc say usually it supposed to be more than 1, bt mine is like 0.9. Recently, hub and I started to be active in bb making again. Went for the fertility test (AMH or something) last week again to see how it goes. Got the dreaded news this afternoon that the count decrease to 0.4! I was very disappointed and sad, seriously. Hear all these really sian to the max. Hub told me to try IVF straight but I also worry cause success rate is 30+% only? Thought of IUI but seems like a waste $ option for me cause success rate 10% only although cost is cheaper.

I also just started with TCM at Ban Choon Chan at Marine Parade (recommended by a friend) during Nov and told him my egg count low or something like that so I want to tiao my body for conceiving. The uncle like very confident tell me he will surely help me, prescribed 4 packs of medicine. Although I hope for the best this month, but I doubt it wont be so easy for me. Moreover after hearing the sad news this afternoon, lagi mood down..

Pls don't wait longer. The older U are the lower the success rate and as We wait longer our egg reserve will slowly dropped and by then U decide to try U may no longer be a good candidate for ivf. Yes ivf is only 30 to 40 percent success but if you don't try you won't know. Now with govt subsidies and medisave U do not need to come out a lot of cash if U do in public hospital.

Im tryin tcm at e moment n crossin fingers that it sorta help in 1 way or another. Ya ivf is on my mind as well.

Anybody experiencin e same issue lik me as well?

I know a know a lady from this forum with low AMH, yet she conceived 4 children. So long the egg quality is good, nothing else matter. Try Ivf first. There are some ladies who try egg donors too. All the best!

Hi wynn,
Don lose heart.. we are some who all have been thru this once or twice.. at the moment which doc r u under?
I m fr kkh switch to nuh pc wong... alot of difference... in medicine and care n concern.. pc wong is a straight forward doc , though he is a man of small words.. he never fail to answer your questiona.. do ask around..

All the best for your FET!!! Jia You!!

Hi baby luck,
I'm with kkh under tan tsue yuen. I will pm you for more detail from you.

It's the quality of the egg that matters, not the quantity.
My AMH was slightly above average and they extracted 15 eggs from me but in the end I only had 1 that was fertilized normally.
So it's really not about the number but about the quality.

Because we are not getting younger, I think you should consider IVF also. Maybe you can do both TCM with IVF?

Regardless, wish you best of luck! :)

Hi all, I'm new here. Today is my last day of 2ww. BT was BFN. Was told that I have 6 blastocysts to freeze. Next doctor's appt would only be on 3/2/16. I wanna ask what's the procedure for frozen cycle? And are we given hospitalization leave as well for the 2ww like the fresh cycle?
Not sure about other hospitals, for KKH, FET is only 3 days of hospitalization leave.

Hmm, not sure if you used the term ""blastocysts" instead of "embryos"? Usually if you failed fresh cycle, the next thing to do is to meet up with the doctor who will then discuss with you if you would want to thaw and culture the remaining embryos into blastocysts.

me too...and I was previously with Charles Lim for Plan A....we have similar encounters!

Did he request for blood test for u when u got pregnant? We are quite upset with the experience... He kept brushing off saying its chemical pregnancy . By the time it started to hurt, my tube got ripped off...

Did he request for blood test for u when u got pregnant? We are quite upset with the experience... He kept brushing off saying its chemical pregnancy . By the time it started to hurt, my tube got ripped off...
I had a very bad experience with him..he's one brilliant doc who can create miracles but when it comes to off situations like ectopic, think he handled it badly. I did my 1st scan and he couldn't see the sac. A week later, we went back and couldn't see the sac. Long story short, I had 2 MTX jabs, 2 D/Cs and finally when ALL didn't work, he removed my tube. He promised that the surgery be at a certain rate, but went back on his work and charged me much higher. I reported him to CASE SG Medical Council & he relented and honored the deal.

Thinking back, I should have sought a 2nd opinion instead of rushing it through. Oh yes, he's one impatient man whose consultation goes by the clock.

Not sure about other hospitals, for KKH, FET is only 3 days of hospitalization leave.

Hmm, not sure if you used the term ""blastocysts" instead of "embryos"? Usually if you failed fresh cycle, the next thing to do is to meet up with the doctor who will then discuss with you if you would want to thaw and culture the remaining embryos into blastocysts.
Oh 2 replied me saying KKH gave HL for FET 2ww as well. I believed I shld be using the right term. Attached is my embryo report. They were cultured in e lab for 5 & 6 days b4 they were frozen.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 342
I had a very bad experience with him..he's one brilliant doc who can create miracles but when it comes to off situations like ectopic, think he handled it badly. I did my 1st scan and he couldn't see the sac. A week later, we went back and couldn't see the sac. Long story short, I had 2 MTX jabs, 2 D/Cs and finally when ALL didn't work, he removed my tube. He promised that the surgery be at a certain rate, but went back on his work and charged me much higher. I reported him to CASE SG Medical Council & he relented and honored the deal.

Thinking back, I should have sought a 2nd opinion instead of rushing it through. Oh yes, he's one impatient man whose consultation goes by the clock.

Omg. I was so tempted to have him reported but I looked around in the forum, his reputation was pretty ok. I called back to ask for my reports, like the HSG etc so that kk could follow up but he just replied, we have nothing to report, it was a fade positive pregnancy test. I was hopping mad... My op was done on a Sunday @ kkh, when I told him, he conveniently jus told me, u should have told me that ur still pregnant aft u got home. Guess I'm not alone...

Omg. I was so tempted to have him reported but I looked around in the forum, his reputation was pretty ok. I called back to ask for my reports, like the HSG etc so that kk could follow up but he just replied, we have nothing to report, it was a fade positive pregnancy test. I was hopping mad... My op was done on a Sunday @ kkh, when I told him, he conveniently jus told me, u should have told me that ur still pregnant aft u got home. Guess I'm not alone...
ya, his repo was quite ok. My good friend recommended me to him after she successfully got pregnant from his Plan A. Ya, his attitude is like that...and maybe worse when things go wrong. From then onwards, I don't trust private docs anymore...it seems like they are more concerned about consultation fees and whatsnot than your overall well-being.

ya, his repo was quite ok. My good friend recommended me to him after she successfully got pregnant from his Plan A. Ya, his attitude is like that...and maybe worse when things go wrong. From then onwards, I don't trust private docs anymore...it seems like they are more concerned about consultation fees and whatsnot than your overall well-being.

I'm with dr Loh at TFC tho... But aft gg over, the clinic looks so pretty, everything is so proper and adequate. I remember doing IUI @ Dr Lim's clinic, haha. Everything is makeshift... At least now if there's a waiting time, my DH can surf e net with e wifi and everything...

I'm with dr Loh at TFC tho... But aft gg over, the clinic looks so pretty, everything is so proper and adequate. I remember doing IUI @ Dr Lim's clinic, haha. Everything is makeshift... At least now if there's a waiting time, my DH can surf e net with e wifi and everything...
YA! I remember..everything was so ...basic. His 3 lady helpers double up as receptionist, cashier, nurse assistant etc.

There are no best hospital or doctor. Every dr and hospital have their pros and cons. The popular and good ones in public hospital are Prof Tan Heng Hao, dr Sadhana in kkh, prof pc Wong in NUH and dr yu suling or dr Yong in SGH. Private hospital are Dr SF Loh in thomson fertility, dr LC Foong in glenegales, Dr LC cheng in thomson, Dr Yeong in tow Yung, dr Roland in Parkway East, dr paul Tseng in Thomson and many more. You may want to google on their profile before deciding.

Hey starzbabyz,

Sorry to hear abt your bfn.. hugs to u.. well now u focus to tioa yr body back to normal and go n indulge in nice foods..
Try tcm..

Frozen cycle- its either medicated or natural cycle.. depends on yr ovulation.. doc will advise..
No needles.. just oral medicines.. you will be given 2 weeks hospitalisation leave as well..

All the best n jia you!!
Towkayneo just replied to my post today and saying KKH is only giving 3 days HL for FET? So it's 2 weeks or 3 days HL given? I'm confused now. If it's only 3 days then I'll need to plan and take annul leave for the remaining days.

Towkayneo just replied to my post today and saying KKH is only giving 3 days HL for FET? So it's 2 weeks or 3 days HL given? I'm confused now. If it's only 3 days then I'll need to plan and take annul leave for the remaining days.

Standard procedure is give 3 days for FET. But the nurses say you can request for more from the doctor before ET. I requested twice and got 2 weeks each time. Doctor says they will be very willing to support as long as our bosses are ok.

Hope this helps.

Yep we had checked at KKH already. So now hubby is going for blood test to check hormone levels (upon recommendation by TCM clementi tan ks) , find out the cause first.

Hey @Dreamscometrue , u started accupunture at Clementi Tan Kian Sing? He treating women too? Is it a prep for your next cycle? I"m looking for an accupuncturist for myself to start prepping again..
Yeah he sees women too. U can go with ur hubby. I only went twice so far.. Find taking his meds a chore cos need to keep monitoring ovulation with ovulation kit..

Standard procedure is give 3 days for FET. But the nurses say you can request for more from the doctor before ET. I requested twice and got 2 weeks each time. Doctor says they will be very willing to support as long as our bosses are ok.

Hope this helps.
Ic thanks for the clarification!

How much cash do we haf to come up wif if i were to go for ivf? Worried bout e finances too..
IVF cost 13-15K but doesn't include embryo freezing and storage fee. And blastocyst cultured fee gotta pay extra too.
U can see my attached pic which I took from the whiteboard in KKH when I went for my IVF briefing.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 256
Just wondering if what we ate during e 2ww has a great impact on getting a BFP? I failed my 1st fresh cycle and keep wondering is it that I didn't really eat healthy and the right food that's y my blastocyst didn't implant.

Just wondering if what we ate during e 2ww has a great impact on getting a BFP? I failed my 1st fresh cycle and keep wondering is it that I didn't really eat healthy and the right food that's y my blastocyst didn't implant.

No is the quality of the embryo and the chromosome makeup of it that determine implantation. Blastocyst have many gradings too it can grade from AA to CC.

Hallo, Kkh protocol for FET is 3days HL. You can talk to Ur Dr In Charge if he/she could grant u 2ww leave till blood test day cos u wish to get ample rest. I shd think that it is up to the Dr's discretion if he/she is granting U the 2ww HL till BT.

No is the quality of the embryo and the chromosome makeup of it that determine implantation. Blastocyst have many gradings too it can grade from AA to CC.
Hi Bunny, you have any idea what can we do we improve our quality of egg n sperm( embryo) so it can help the implantation chances?

Back