IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sorry girl I think you must have mental prepare this cycle of fet you might give up. Cos it happen to me. On day 9 my lining is slightly thicker then you but I ovulate earlier at day 11 and my lining is only 7.6mm. I can't do Fet. This month I'm on medicated Fet. Pray that you are not like me ovulate early so that you have more time to thicken your lining. Jia you and good luck.
Oh no .... I have failed my FET cycle Liao last mth.... Can't afford to fail again :( .....

Hi sisters I did my fet yesterday. Transferred 2 day 2 embryos. Last evening I had bad tummy ache n diarrhea. Tot it's due to antibiotics. The pain was quite bad but it subsided in a hour. And again this morning when I left to work the extreme pain came back. It started on the right then filled up whole tummy. Cramp. After while pain subside and now I cud feel sharp pain on the left. Kind of worried as my previous fresh ets no pain after transfer. Fet coz took antibiotics after et don't knw if it's the cause. Also I was given hcg as a support jab. I scared the remaining follicles are starting to rupture with the jab thus causing the pain. Anyone experience this pls.
Hi sister , which hospital are u with ? You are the one to decide to transfer day 2 embryo ? Wait you don't wait till day 5 to transfer ?

Hi Ladies, I'm new to this group.:)
My HB and I have tried for 2 yrs+ but no good news. We decided to try for IVF.
I wanna check if I go for KKH IVF, should I go in as private or subsidize?

Ladies, question out of the usual ivf question. is it normal for weight gain during IVF? I have gained about 5 kg in total .. I hope it's all water retention?

Hi sister , which hospital are u with ? You are the one to decide to transfer day 2 embryo ? Wait you don't wait till day 5 to transfer ?
Am with kkh Dr tan gal. No I didn't decide day 2 transfer. When I was doing fresh in jun dr tan asked me whether want to do day 2 or 5. But now he straightaway do day 2. No idea why. He said embryos looks good coz they took out 4 cell and by transfer got 5 cells.

Ya I eat walnut and Brazil too

Many reasons affect uterus lining... like low estrogen, low blood flow to uterus, uterus health etc... your doc would had known the reasons and to recommend/give you the right supplements, med/jabs.

I know low blood flow is about quality of blood which is how much nutrients in your blood. I eat nourishing food such as beef (grass fed) /beef stew, spinach, broccoli... no alcohol and tea/coffee, no ice in drinks... and reduce sugar. I also have been taking prenatal supplements and coQ10, fish oils daily.
Basically I changed by dietary habits and lifestyle (no stress, enough sleep) as we are now in 40s and how much more time we can afford to have babies.

I believe you are younger than me. So if I can, you should be more than able to thicken the lining.

Ladies, question out of the usual ivf question. is it normal for weight gain during IVF? I have gained about 5 kg in total .. I hope it's all water retention?

It is possible! I read an instruction from the medicine (after Et) box it say side effect is weight gain.
I dare not weigh myself but I know all my clothes are very tighter at waist cos my mirror tells me my tummy is bigger since ivf.

Could be and perhaps all the LRDT, walnuts, Brazil nuts, egg whites etc - they can contribute to weight gain too

I prefer private cos you can choose your doc. If not wrong, the funding is the same for private and sub patients. Hope this helps.

I would suggest private patient in kkh because u get to choose dr! I was under subsidy when i did my so-iui but throughout i was meeting diff dr, even on day of iui also not my dr in charge. The only difference is when you do consultation with your pte dr, it cost more. Other than that ivf is considered private pricing but doing in public hospital, u will get gov funding if u r a sgprean

Yup 2nd fresh due to no frozen available for me. Cus i consecitively failed my SO-IUI and my 1st IVF.. (didnt even lead till 2WW becos of poor quality eggs) how about your case? He and the nurse mentioned that for long protocol they can handle the hormones well. And could produce better quality eggs too. How about you? Why are u on the long protocol? Mind sharing?

Already pm u.

Hi ladies, I am going for my long cycle tomorrow. Only had one short cycle last year. quit coffee on first day of injection, start taking egg whites etc.

Can I get advise on the diet on long cycle. Do you all start eating egg whites on the first day of long cycle (ie, Lucrine injection stage). Many thanks in advance.
I think it's always a good idea to start on egg whites while on stim all the way to ET (provided you are at risk of OHSS))...egg whites provide the necessary protein for good quality eggs. you can start 2,3 per day and maybe gradually increase to 4-6..

Read that bananas and dairy products may cause the womb to be slippery - not sure if is myth or fact..
Yesterday I watched the Joanne Peh pregnancy show - the TCM physician said, things to avoid: barley, pineapple, aloe vera, ice cream, caffine, raw food

Preferably must eat 3 portions of protein (be it beef, chicken) every day..

Yesterday I watched the Joanne Peh pregnancy show - the TCM physician said, things to avoid: barley, pineapple, aloe vera, ice cream, caffine, raw food

Preferably must eat 3 portions of protein (be it beef, chicken) every day..
TowkayNeo - and not forgetting our favouriteeee food -EGGs!! Proteins proteins and more proteins!! Protein Power!!! Lol

I would suggest private patient in kkh because u get to choose dr! I was under subsidy when i did my so-iui but throughout i was meeting diff dr, even on day of iui also not my dr in charge. The only difference is when you do consultation with your pte dr, it cost more. Other than that ivf is considered private pricing but doing in public hospital, u will get gov funding if u r a sgprean

@Melody2512, is still the same for IUI as a private patient. I did my 2 rounds of IUI and everytime see different docs including IUI procedures.

For IVF, scans will be still reviewed by a team of docs. Your doc will only do the ET for you.
I feel cheated cos paying so much but your doc doesn't do anything except for choosing your eggs and ET.
Like what other says, you get to choose your own doc which you are more comfortable in.

@Melody2512, is still the same for IUI as a private patient. I did my 2 rounds of IUI and everytime see different docs including IUI procedures.

For IVF, scans will be still reviewed by a team of docs. Your doc will only do the ET for you.
I feel cheated cos paying so much but your doc doesn't do anything except for choosing your eggs and ET.
Like what other says, you get to choose your own doc which you are more comfortable in.
Maybe for private patients, you can wait at the Private Suite, which is more comfortable and there are free coffee, tea, hot chocolate provided.

Hi ladies, mind to explain to me what is long protocol & what is short protocol?
upload_2015-10-19_13-44-47-png.583823

Kkh Ivf has no subsided route.
Standard during the stim will be seen by a team of dr

But ya.. ER and ET done by not your preferred doc.

Sudsidised only applies before starting Ivf (when see dr or doing respective BT at lower cost)

And when pregnant, will go back to subsidized clinic.

Maybe for private patients, you can wait at the Private Suite, which is more comfortable and there are free coffee, tea, hot chocolate provided.

Can meh? I called in to request to switch to private patient under Dr Tan HH but my appt is still at Clinic D. Private Suite is for preg right? Previously was under subsidized then i have never met Dr Tan Tse Yuen b4! Not even on e day of iui, so sad.

Back