IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks dear sisters. I will observe for day the decide whether to see doc. Maybe I shud have rested at home instead of coming to work. My fault.

@shiro_ger how are you. How many weels now. We were cycle buddies my last cycle. Hope things are progressing great for u dear.

You are covered with HL for these few days right? Better bed rest till the pain is more bearable. Jia You!!!
Me at 26 week now, hoping I can tahan till full term.

You are covered with HL for these few days right? Better bed rest till the pain is more bearable. Jia You!!!
Me at 26 week now, hoping I can tahan till full term.
Yes I asked for 5 days hl to cover myself. Will leave work shortly. Maybe it's my mistake to be assumed fresh et n fet same. Coz for fresh pain after ER but by et ok. This antibiotics also contribute.

Hey you will have a smooth n safe pregnancy. Hold on n in 10 weeks bundle of joy will be in yr arms:)

I have 4 failed ivf cycle, anyone know where have egg donar available .
Hi Cindy, did your doc point out any factors that could cause the failures? What about fellow ladies here? Whenever a cycle fails or FET fails, would the doctor be able to know roughly what has gone wrong?

Dear sisters, hope everyone is keeping well. Happy to hear good news recently.

Went for my review recently. While I was convinced my whole ordeal was due to chromosomally abnormal eggs due to age (gg to be 40 next Feb), read that 70% of eggs are abnormal in my age group but my doc seems to think otherwise. He thinks the problem lies with implantation even though implantation did take place for both embryos.
And he insisted that I do endo scratch before my FET in Dec. Wanted to go for natural but he felt that medicated FET will be better for me.
I left the clinic feeling quite down. Any thoughts?
Btw, for medicated FET, are there any jabs involved?
I have only 3 frozen embryos so I asked to thaw all 3. One of them was downgraded from a 4 to a 3 becos it's didn't progress on to 4 cell on day 2. I don't know if any will survive thawing even though my doc says thawing success rate is 80% but have also read that some sisters have nothing to transfer becos embryos didn't survive thawing...
Sisters who have gone through FET, can you share your thawing success rates. Need some positivity! TIA
Hi Dramaqueenie,
May I know which doc you are seeing?

Feel like crying at the KKIVF now.
Had a failed IVF and two IUI cycles.
Finally managed to wait for a 2nd cycle in Oct. but screwed up the injections. Instead of 4 days of stimulating Menopur, I have been injecting 4 days of Lucrin... SO penalizing me for ruining his chances of having a baby this month... Alone and afraid waiting for my scan...

*hugs hugs* Wait for what the Dr has to say. It's only 4 days so maybe it's ok. Anyway, for me I had Lucrin and Puregon simultaneously for a couple of weeks.

Dear sisters, hope everyone is keeping well. Happy to hear good news recently.

Went for my review recently. While I was convinced my whole ordeal was due to chromosomally abnormal eggs due to age (gg to be 40 next Feb), read that 70% of eggs are abnormal in my age group but my doc seems to think otherwise. He thinks the problem lies with implantation even though implantation did take place for both embryos.
And he insisted that I do endo scratch before my FET in Dec. Wanted to go for natural but he felt that medicated FET will be better for me.
I left the clinic feeling quite down. Any thoughts?
Btw, for medicated FET, are there any jabs involved?
I have only 3 frozen embryos so I asked to thaw all 3. One of them was downgraded from a 4 to a 3 becos it's didn't progress on to 4 cell on day 2. I don't know if any will survive thawing even though my doc says thawing success rate is 80% but have also read that some sisters have nothing to transfer becos embryos didn't survive thawing...
Sisters who have gone through FET, can you share your thawing success rates. Need some positivity! TIA

*hugs hugs* My dr told me the thawing success rate is 80% too and I couldn't help but be worried also. But we must be positive. In the end, my one and only embryo survived the thawing. You have 3 embryos so there's higher chances. Jiayou!

next will be ur 2nd fresh? previous cycle r u on short protocol? did the doc tell u any reason to go for long & success rate?
Yup 2nd fresh due to no frozen available for me. Cus i consecitively failed my SO-IUI and my 1st IVF.. (didnt even lead till 2WW becos of poor quality eggs) how about your case? He and the nurse mentioned that for long protocol they can handle the hormones well. And could produce better quality eggs too. How about you? Why are u on the long protocol? Mind sharing?

Today which cd r u in gal. Has the pain slowly subsided for good over the days. I hope so. Kind of worrying why this pain episode man. Don't want it to affect embbies in any way. I cough also pain. Oh I went tcm yest ...cud it be tat.

Today is my 8dpt.
I also coughed and it hurt at my left abdominal. Today still have on/off tugging pain but its getting better. The nurse told me its normal. So dont worry yourself sick. Be relaxed then your embies will be relax and grow. When u are stress up the stress hormone will get to your embies.
Btw i was advised no chinese herbs. But acupuncture shd be fine cos TMC has it.. I've seen the pamphlet. Saying that i will also recommend you speak with your doc b4 you start anything unsure.

Last edited:
Hi dear, found this from Google
For my age group, avg is 1.5, mine just 1.1 and this was taken more than 1yr ago so it's probably lower now
I managed to retrieve 13 eggs during retrieval which was pretty amazing considering my stats. I did take various supplements to boost eggs health although not taking religiously but I believe they helped play a part.
You will probably reap more benefits if you can continue these supplements for at least 90 days prior to your cycle. Good luck
Thanks for clarification, because I cannot understand my poor response to the jabs.

Sisters, want to check on AMH levels. I'm 34, AMH at 1.7ng/ml (11.5pmol/L). Is this considered low?

I had an laproscopy last year and dropped to 0.83ng/ml. Recently checked, it's at 1.7ng/ml.

What is normal range?
I had a look at my test report from NUH lab and it gave the expected/ reference ranges for AMH -
<1.5 pmol/L Very low ovarian reserve
1.5 to <6.5pmol/L Low ovarian reserve
6.5 to <19.8 pmol/L Normal ovarian reserve
>=19.8 pmol/L Good ovarian reserve

So yours fall in normal range based on your recent values.

Hi sisters I did my fet yesterday. Transferred 2 day 2 embryos. Last evening I had bad tummy ache n diarrhea. Tot it's due to antibiotics. The pain was quite bad but it subsided in a hour. And again this morning when I left to work the extreme pain came back. It started on the right then filled up whole tummy. Cramp. After while pain subside and now I cud feel sharp pain on the left. Kind of worried as my previous fresh ets no pain after transfer. Fet coz took antibiotics after et don't knw if it's the cause. Also I was given hcg as a support jab. I scared the remaining follicles are starting to rupture with the jab thus causing the pain. Anyone experience this pls.
I haven done FET before. But during my first fresh I did have bad diarrhoea 2 days after ET..
I'm wondering why FET also need antibiotics?

Anyone know where to get durians. Believe they off season liao. If u all spot any let me know please.

My husband was talking about buying durians last Saturday for this 2ww (but i dun know what's the benefits ) and we just now passed by a durian stall which is at/near florence road (hougang area).
We tried the durains on few occasions and they are good

My husband was talking about buying durians last Saturday for this 2ww (but i dun know what's the benefits ) and we just now passed by a durian stall which is at/near florence road (hougang area).
We tried the durains on few occasions and they are .
Durians are highly nutritious & great for implantation!

Oh I didn't read about this online cuz those articles I read are from US or UK. They don't eat durians haha!

Yes me too... they actually eat pineapple core n raved how it helped them with implantation.
Maybe their bodies and us are different due to geographical n climate extremes?

Thanks @patn. I don't knw the real benefits but it helped me bfp for 2 cycles so just continue lor hehe

I haven done FET before. But during my first fresh I did have bad diarrhoea 2 days after ET..
I'm wondering why FET also need antibiotics?
I asked dr why take anti biotics after et and he said coz they are using equipment for the procedure to touch below so to prevent any infection take for precaution. Haiz. Hope my tummy feel better tomorrow. So bloated pain can't walk cough and pants can't zip. It's like after ER feeling man. Think I will drink h20. Btw the only diff is I got hcg as a support then proluton. Wonder of hcg causes this. I got 3 more doses to go.

Your hubby is actually quite thoughtful :) yes durians are nutritious and I used to take it rather often during my last trimester.

Geylang has durains. I passed by on bus 2 days ago n saw. But think it may not be very nice ones as its not e durain season now
Thanks gal. Now just go for nutritional value no need for taste liao hehe. All for embbies. But when in season the butter and prawn durians at balestier are a must.

no thanks.. haha I also don't know until towkayneo told me.
do you think I am too late to eat durians now since I am already past 8days?
2ww is 2 weeks mah and you are just past 8 days, is not too late to eat, my dear. Anyway is not harmful and nutritious to our body so no harm taking it. Not too much though, moderation is the key.

The next challenge now is to find where to buy good durians lol!

2ww is 2 weeks mah and you are just past 8 days, is not too late to eat, my dear. Anyway is not harmful and nutritious to our body so no harm taking it. Not too much though, moderation is the key.

The next challenge now is to find where to buy good durians lol!

ok great, still got chance!
ya... now like no good durians... hahahaha

I am also praying and hoping, for #1 thou :)
Lets pray and hope we all will have a successful BFP and for the rest of the ladies here!!!
Regardless is #1,2,3 etc hope all of us here will eventually get success during the journeys! For those who had not succeeded please do not lose heart - you will eventually succeed, keep on the hope and faith! Gan batte!

Hi ladies, I am going for my long cycle tomorrow. Only had one short cycle last year. quit coffee on first day of injection, start taking egg whites etc.

Can I get advise on the diet on long cycle. Do you all start eating egg whites on the first day of long cycle (ie, Lucrine injection stage). Many thanks in advance.

I had a look at my test report from NUH lab and it gave the expected/ reference ranges for AMH -
<1.5 pmol/L Very low ovarian reserve
1.5 to <6.5pmol/L Low ovarian reserve
6.5 to <19.8 pmol/L Normal ovarian reserve
>=19.8 pmol/L Good ovarian reserve

So yours fall in normal range based on your recent values.
Ladies, different hospital the unit they use to measure is different

Back