IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ladies can I check with you do you know how long is thaw session for fet...like will they thaw same day for 4 hours or something. And also need to refresh memory after et does tcm dr zou do acu on the same day or she want us back the next day pls.

I am really unsure on my fet as I ovulated at 3am today and will et be tomorrow or Monday. I have day 2 frosties. If dr makes a call for fet tomorrow then it's half a day at kk don't knw if can make it by the time i scan and see doc. Fingers crossed and praying v hard.

I am really unsure on my fet as I ovulated at 3am today and will et be tomorrow or Monday. I have day 2 frosties. If dr makes a call for fet tomorrow then it's half a day at kk don't knw if can make it by the time i scan and see doc. Fingers crossed and praying v hard.
U woke up at 3am to test?!

Dearie Mesara, please don't worry. first positive on OPK does not mean you have ovulated. It means you will ovulate within 24-36 hrs. Thawing actually takes only a few minutes (logical given the size). Your frosties are D2 so there is still time to thaw and do same day transfer or if embryos are less than 4-cell stage after thawing, a common practice is to grow another day to D3 for transfer.
Don't worry. You should be fine. Stay positive and all the best for your FET. Jia you!

Good read on embryos freezing & thawing - http://www.uhcw.nhs.uk/ivf/treatments/cryopreservation

7 i

7 is ok la babe .. more eggs taken out imply higher risk of ohss. My ex coll had 6 taken out. Failed 1st fresh by utilising 2 but bfp with twins on 2nd frozen cycle and the last 2 she foresake cos of her age and since she already has her twins ..dat was 7yrs ago her twins r in p1 !
Your ex coll had good quality of eggs! That's why all is fertilized! Don't think most are like her.

Hehe did u wake up at 3am to test?
Anyway when u tested positive on ovulation kit, doesnt mean u ovulating then. More like soon within 1-2 days maybe?
Like mine, i had my positive on a Sunday morning. Since clinic closed, i was to come back on Monday morning for another scan and inform the nurses. My embryos are of day 2 also, so they scheduled the ET on Wednesday. During ET, embroyologist told me they thawed my eggs the day before. Dun be too stress ok? Hope it helps u ease ur mind.. Hehe

And its my BT day today. So many ppl here at kkivf clinic! Wish me luck!

Haha kan cheong spider...no la am overseas and have a flight to catch....so did here 3am singapore time which was 9pm my time.

7...quite disappointed however I know there won't be a lot. Compared to the last time I had, it reduced by half the amount. Hopefully can have at least 1 for ET on Sat. Trying not to think so much...:(
Think positive babe. There are many who succeeded with D3 embies. All it takes is 1 good one. I'd be having my FET next Monday too so let's jia you during the tww! Take care. Eat lots of protein n drink lots of water for now to prepare your body.

Hello ladies, just seen doctor, scheduling Monday for retrieval. Doctor say I have risk of OHSS, because I have about 30 follicles. I am in dilemma, as much as I want to continue , should I just listen to doctor?

Hi Sistas, do you feel severe cramp and stomach bloatness after ER? I also feel naseous and dizzy with my ER done yesterday. Still feeling the cramp now. Didn't feel this way during my last cycle...

Ladies can I check with you do you know how long is thaw session for fet...like will they thaw same day for 4 hours or something. And also need to refresh memory after et does tcm dr zou do acu on the same day or she want us back the next day pls.
My clinic thaw the same day of my transfer. They told me to give my decision of transferring 1 or 2 at 8am, then they transfer late morning. Regarding Dr zou, she advices to go on alternate days (3 times) during first week of tww. 2nd week, just rest at home cos implantation would hv occurred so less effective w acupuncture. All the best!

Hi Sistas, do you feel severe cramp and stomach bloatness after ER? I also feel naseous and dizzy with my ER done yesterday. Still feeling the cramp now. Didn't feel this way during my last cycle...
This is normal. The bloatedness is due to the fluid being discharged into the system due to retrievals. You can drink non gasey 100 plus and that might help. My bloatedness persisted for about 6 to 7 days after retrievals. Just gotta bear w it and it will miraculously go away. Like many sisters advised, up your protein (egg whites) and stay hydrated.

My clinic thaw the same day of my transfer. They told me to give my decision of transferring 1 or 2 at 8am, then they transfer late morning. Regarding Dr zou, she advices to go on alternate days (3 times) during first week of tww. 2nd week, just rest at home cos implantation would hv occurred so less effective w acupuncture. All the best!
Gal is Dr zou in weekends. Can I go one day past transfer instead if transfer date if rushing

Any cycling buddies in Nov?

I have reviewed all blood tests and scan with Prof yesterday. Was asked to do additional blood tests last week cos Prof suspected I am thalasessmia minor. But turned out to be negative. However iron level is low so Prof prescribed iron tabs for me.

Hubby's SA test also turn out to be fine except morphology but Prof said not an issue. However he was prescribed with vitamins as well.

It turns out that I have quite a lot of issues....haiz...

My fibroid has grown to be about 7 cm and now pushing my right ovary way up. So during ER, they would not be able to retrieve any eggs from that ovary. Now have to depend on the left ovary. I was given a choice to remove the fibroid or to try IVF first. We chose to try first. Anyone has similar issue?

Now I have a new fibroid that is 2 cm. So sad...

My German measles test is also in gray area. I remember I have taken the vaccine previously. Now have to dig for the documentation.

Feel so bad for my hubby that he has to go through all these because of me...

Hi! I will be cycling in November too.
All the best to those in their 2 ww now! Can spread more baby dust to us! :)

This is normal. The bloatedness is due to the fluid being discharged into the system due to retrievals. You can drink non gasey 100 plus and that might help. My bloatedness persisted for about 6 to 7 days after retrievals. Just gotta bear w it and it will miraculously go away. Like many sisters advised, up your protein (egg whites) and stay hydrated.
Ok thanks. Did you get severe cramps as well? I drank water and 100 plus as well then end up vomiiting all the liquid out in the middle of the night.

What can we do to reduce the bloatness?

Your ex coll had good quality of eggs! That's why all is fertilized! Don't think most are like her.
Sonique2001 dear, everyone is different and it's tough for anyone on this journey. Still you must be positive ya. Eggs already extracted le so let them and your DH's troops and the embryologists do their stuff and hope for the best.
The best you can do is be kind to yourself, get body in optimal shape to welcome the embryos.
Take one step at a time. Keeping your body well is within your control and important to persevere on this journey.
Rooting for you & your embies! Jia you!!

Hehe did u wake up at 3am to test?
Anyway when u tested positive on ovulation kit, doesnt mean u ovulating then. More like soon within 1-2 days maybe?
Like mine, i had my positive on a Sunday morning. Since clinic closed, i was to come back on Monday morning for another scan and inform the nurses. My embryos are of day 2 also, so they scheduled the ET on Wednesday. During ET, embroyologist told me they thawed my eggs the day before. Dun be too stress ok? Hope it helps u ease ur mind.. Hehe

And its my BT day today. So many ppl here at kkivf clinic! Wish me luck!

Clap clap!! Hang in der!! All the best dearie!! Lots of baby luck to u!!!! Jia you!!

Sonique2001 dear, everyone is different and it's tough for anyone on this journey. Still you must be positive ya. Eggs already extracted le so let them and your DH's troops and the embryologists do their stuff and hope for the best.
The best you can do is be kind to yourself, get body in optimal shape to welcome the embryos.
Take one step at a time. Keeping your body well is within your control and important to persevere on this journey.
Well said, DawnBB. Praying for you too, jy Sonique2001 :)

Hello ladies, just seen doctor, scheduling Monday for retrieval. Doctor say I have risk of OHSS, because I have about 30 follicles. I am in dilemma, as much as I want to continue , should I just listen to doctor?
Anything that can do to prevent OHSS?
Hello Cowmoomoo. I also had high risk of OHSS for 3rd fresh last month. For my first fresh, I came down with mild OHSS after ER and it was already too horrible. So this time I really did my homework and managed to prevent it even doc and nurses were surprised but very pleased.

These were what I did and it helped me so you can consider too.
1) 3 days before ER, I started increase my egg whites intake to 4 egg whites daily.
(Note: before that, I was already taking 2 eggs daily plus balanced diet. If u have not started taking high protein rich foods, consider starting 6 egg whites straight away at this time.)
2) On and after ER days, I took up to 6 egg whites.
3) After ER and day after ER, I drank boiled dried longan with smashed ginger (this was stated on TFC's guideline to deal with the bloatedness). I only drank 1 full glass daily for 2 days.
4) Next 2 days after ER day, I had a glass of warm water with salt in the morning to help balance electrolytes instead of drinking 100plus or Gatorade as I find them too sweet for me.
5) Continue to drink at least 8 glasses or 2L of water (to keep hydrated and prevent constipation; the sedation drug may cause constipation if your body does not adjust well to it)

By the 4th day after ER, my bloatedness subsided so I resumed to just 2 eggs daily plus variety of protein rich foods, e.g. fish, chicken.

All the best to you! Jia you!!

Good read on OHSS, what causes it and how to prevent -
1) http://www.kkh.com.sg/Services/Women/KKIVFCentre/Pages/OHSS.aspx
2) http://www.path2parenthood.org/article/are-you-at-risk-for-hyperstimulation-syndrome/

Last edited:
Gal is Dr zou in weekends. Can I go one day past transfer instead if transfer date if rushing

Dr Zou is in but 1/2d morning I think

I had my accu done on ET, 2days aft ET, 4days aft ET

Guess if can make it on ET day will be good
You can give her a call and ask her for her opinion. :)

Last edited:
Thank you ladies. You guys are indeed inspirational. May god always shower you ladies with all the goodness & happiness in life.

I just got the call. BFP! :)
Beta level is at 3028.5 on 16dpt2dt.

Sending lots & lots of baby dusts to every single one of you.. ❤❤❤❤
Congrats! Grabbing your bb dusts. *Hugs*
Rooting for you and growing bb! Have a most enjoyable preggy journey.

Thank you ladies. You guys are indeed inspirational. May god always shower you ladies with all the goodness & happiness in life.

Congrats! Out of curiosity, did u did ur HPT before ur BT? :)

Hm
Hmm the contradiction is she didnt get pregnant naturally ... it was just unexplained infertility and she still got to go thru the ivf process .. failed her fresh and only did frozen cycle 1yr later. She was 38yrs old back then when pregnanted with twins. Gd luck to u :)

Hey congrats ain_wayne!!! any symptoms prior to beta?? :)

Any cycling buddies in Nov?

I have reviewed all blood tests and scan with Prof yesterday. Was asked to do additional blood tests last week cos Prof suspected I am thalasessmia minor. But turned out to be negative. However iron level is low so Prof prescribed iron tabs for me.

Hubby's SA test also turn out to be fine except morphology but Prof said not an issue. However he was prescribed with vitamins as well.

It turns out that I have quite a lot of issues....haiz...

My fibroid has grown to be about 7 cm and now pushing my right ovary way up. So during ER, they would not be able to retrieve any eggs from that ovary. Now have to depend on the left ovary. I was given a choice to remove the fibroid or to try IVF first. We chose to try first. Anyone has similar issue?

Now I have a new fibroid that is 2 cm. So sad...

My German measles test is also in gray area. I remember I have taken the vaccine previously. Now have to dig for the documentation.

Feel so bad for my hubby that he has to go through all these because of me...

I have a few fibroids but they are small. Plus I have one cyst in my right ovary (about 3-3.5cm) and adenomyosis on the left side. Basically, my reproductive system is like a warzone! *faints* My dr decided to proceed with IVF too. So don't worry ok! Must be positive.

Last edited:
Thanks very much dear for your kind encouragement. Now the cramping pain is occupying me so much that I didn't really think about upcoming ET. Just wish the cramp will go away soon..

Hello Cowmoomoo. I also had high risk of OHSS for 3rd fresh last month. For my first fresh, I came down with mild OHSS after ER and it was already too horrible. So this time I really did my homework and managed to prevent it even doc and nurses were surprised but very pleased.

These were what I did and it helped me so you can consider too.
1) 3 days before ER, I started increase my egg whites intake to 4 egg whites daily.
(Note: before that, I was already taking 2 eggs daily plus balanced diet. If u have not started taking high protein rich foods, consider starting 6 egg whites straight away at this time.)
2) On and after ER days, I took up to 6 egg whites.
3) After ER and day after ER, I drank boiled dried longan with smashed ginger (this was stated on TFC's guideline to deal with the bloatedness). I only drank 1 full glass daily for 2 days.
4) Next 2 days after ER day, I had a glass of warm water with salt in the morning to help balance electrolytes instead of drinking 100plus or Gatorade as I find them too sweet for me.
5) Continue to drink at least 8 glasses or 2L of water (to keep hydrated and prevent constipation; the sedation drug may cause constipation if your body does not adjust well to it)

By the 4th day after ER, my bloatedness subsided so I resumed to just 2 eggs daily plus variety of protein rich foods, e.g. fish, chicken.

All the best to you! Jia you!!

Good read on OHSS, what causes it and how to prevent -
1) http://www.kkh.com.sg/Services/Women/KKIVFCentre/Pages/OHSS.aspx
2) http://www.path2parenthood.org/article/are-you-at-risk-for-hyperstimulation-syndrome/
I have to say you have been very disclipine throughout the whole journey, is very commendable. God will bless you and eventually you will be a mummy in time to come.

Congrats babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! <3

Congrats!!!happy for you! Wishing you a smooth and enjoyable journey ahead! Keep us posted on your development!

Hm

Hmm the contradiction is she didnt get pregnant naturally ... it was just unexplained infertility and she still got to go thru the ivf process .. failed her fresh and only did frozen cycle 1yr later. She was 38yrs old back then when pregnanted with twins. Gd luck to u :)
Thanks Hopeful! Indeed pregnancy is a very miraculous and unique process, even for the same woman who gone through more than once, each stage can feel different symptoms too.

I have to say you have been very disclipine throughout the whole journey, is very commendable. God will bless you and eventually you will be a mummy in time to come.
I also hope very hard that I can succeed one day soon. Just trying my best else don't know what else I can do. Also I hv to prove to my parents that I am taking good care of my body and not compromise my health to do ivf. I do not want them to hv any excuse to be hard on my hubby becoz of sperm issues. Must be positive in this journey...fighting jia you everyone!!

Back