IVF/ICSI Support Group

I think yours should be ending soon since you say u have 15mm. they should be seeing you on alternate days to monitor the growth right? which hospital are you with?
I'm with nuh. Going see them on Friday, but I guess next earliest operation will be Monday already. What if the follicle grow beyond 20mm? Is that normal?

Normal
I'm with nuh. Going see them on Friday, but I guess next earliest operation will be Monday already. What if the follicle grow beyond 20mm? Is that normal?

That's normal .. kkh guideline is at least 16mm for maturity to occur. I did iui with a jb gynae and his guideline is at least 18mm .. I had 1 follicle of 22mm while on iui ..I happened to ask the doc giving the consultation and briefing yday while at kkh what happens if u have many follicles but 1 is more dominant in growth than the others and the reply is to forego the dominant follicle cos the aim is to retrieve as many matured eggs as possible so they will focus on the remaining for them to grow till at least 16 mm in order for er to take place ☺

Yeah
Wow, so long? Lol
Which doc will be giving the briefing?
Have you done with the councelling too?
Yeah superb long. The nurse left the room and came back but seeing the doc rattled on she smiled and walked off again. No counselling. Is that optional? I got a counselling form but think thats optional for one to contact the counsellor if u need

I see.. Thanks thanks. For nuh they need at least 2 in 17mm and 2 18mm then can retrieve. Wait for good news on Friday already. But also don't think in time for Saturday for ER right? Since we need to have trigger shot 36 hours before the operation? Feeling very bloated. And now E2 is more than 10000. I hope everything is fine

Normal

That's normal .. kkh guideline is at least 16mm for maturity to occur. I did iui with a jb gynae and his guideline is at least 18mm .. I had 1 follicle of 22mm while on iui ..I happened to ask the doc giving the consultation and briefing yday while at kkh what happens if u have many follicles but 1 is more dominant in growth than the others and the reply is to forego the dominant follicle cos the aim is to retrieve as many matured eggs as possible so they will focus on the remaining for them to grow till at least 16 mm in order for er to take place ☺

UOTE="cowmoomoo, post: 8148823, member: 182530"]I see.. Thanks thanks. For nuh they need at least 2 in 17mm and 2 18mm then can retrieve. Wait for good news on Friday already. But also don't think in time for Saturday for ER right? Since we need to have trigger shot 36 hours before the operation? Feeling very bloated. And now E2 is more than 10000. I hope everything is fine[/QUOTE]

E2 as in estrogen level? Kk guideline is 16mm but whn I did iui In jb the doctor said many times follicles didn't reach 18mm when they retrieve eggs for ivf some eggs have not reached maturity. Think different places practise diff protocols. Norm to be bloated with many follicles .. think even some of the pants aso can't button up hahaa. Gd luck and hope all go well for u

Hello sisters,

Haven't been here in a while. Hope everyone is doing well. I would like to ask for recommendation for those who are seeing doctor at NUH. I went to NUH today and I am quite comfortable with their maternity ward. TIA!

Hello sisters,

Haven't been here in a while. Hope everyone is doing well. I would like to ask for recommendation for those who are seeing doctor at NUH. I went to NUH today and I am quite comfortable with their maternity ward. TIA!
You might consider Dr Citra.....

Yeah

Yeah superb long. The nurse left the room and came back but seeing the doc rattled on she smiled and walked off again. No counselling. Is that optional? I got a counselling form but think thats optional for one to contact the counsellor if u need

Ohh... Optional ah? Great! Lolll Cos nuh is a must de.

got la..but the mind just drifts off to "will it be successful or not" no significant symptoms make it more sian and I POAS this morning, BFN.

hahaha...no use one la!
8dp3dt still early leh. But since u already started testing and hv bought many hpts, are u going to test daily till BT? Anyway, stay positive k. Talk to your growing embie to stick & hope u bfp. Will be hoping to catch be dusts from u hor! :)

I see.. Thanks thanks. For nuh they need at least 2 in 17mm and 2 18mm then can retrieve. Wait for good news on Friday already. But also don't think in time for Saturday for ER right? Since we need to have trigger shot 36 hours before the operation? Feeling very bloated. And now E2 is more than 10000. I hope everything is fine
Dearie, don't worry too much & don't be stressed ya. Take good care and rest well. Let doc & nurses do their job ba. Praying all goes well for you. Jia you k. Hugs.

Sisters, i have a qn.
My frozen embryos are of 2 days from the last 1st fresh cycle.
For the ET, i remembered the embryologist told me they thawed my 2 eggs the day before my ET. So is it still day 2 or day 3? Very confusing.

Anyway itchy fingers did hpt on 8dpt and had a very faint positive. I say it was earlier than my previous cycle. Really praying baby(s)
sticks thruout..

Ohh another qn, those in KKH who went for BT, how long after the test will they call you back? Im still undecided if i should go home or linger around 1st.
Thanks and hope to spread some baby dusts to all sisters here..

Sisters, i have a qn.
For the ET, i remembered the embryologist told me they thawed my 2 eggs the day before my ET. So is it still day 2 or day 3? Very confusing.

Anyway itchy fingers did hpt on 8dpt and had a very faint positive. I say it was earlier than my previous cycle. Really praying baby(s)
sticks thruout..

Ohh another qn, those in KKH who went for BT, how long after the test will they call you back? Im still undecided if i should go home or linger around 1st.
Usually 3 hrs, after 3 hrs if they didn't call u, u can call them for an ans

Sisters, i have a qn.

sticks thruout..

Can't answer the first qns...but for the BT, they got back to me within the first hour actually. but just go home after the blood test in any event. Usually they ask you come down for support medication collection after lunch. Might as well go home and koon....

Hope it's a BFP!!!

Any cycling buddies in Nov?

I have reviewed all blood tests and scan with Prof yesterday. Was asked to do additional blood tests last week cos Prof suspected I am thalasessmia minor. But turned out to be negative. However iron level is low so Prof prescribed iron tabs for me.

Hubby's SA test also turn out to be fine except morphology but Prof said not an issue. However he was prescribed with vitamins as well.

It turns out that I have quite a lot of issues....haiz...

My fibroid has grown to be about 7 cm and now pushing my right ovary way up. So during ER, they would not be able to retrieve any eggs from that ovary. Now have to depend on the left ovary. I was given a choice to remove the fibroid or to try IVF first. We chose to try first. Anyone has similar issue?

Now I have a new fibroid that is 2 cm. So sad...

My German measles test is also in gray area. I remember I have taken the vaccine previously. Now have to dig for the documentation.

Feel so bad for my hubby that he has to go through all these because of me...

Rooting for you & your growing embie in you. Jia you!
Trying to stay positive. Was talking to my mum yst and she was asking y I still don't wanna have baby, tell me don't wait liao. I casually replied still planning. Didn't wanna let DH know to avoid any unhappiness so have to let it out here. :rolleyes:

Sisters, i have a qn.

sticks thruout..

Usually faint positive means huat liao la!!

I have reviewed all blood tests and scan with Prof yesterday. Was asked to do additional blood tests last week cos Prof suspected I am thalasessmia minor. But turned out to be negative. However iron level is low so Prof prescribed iron tabs for me.

Hubby's SA test also turn out to be fine except morphology but Prof said not an issue. However he was prescribed with vitamins as well.

My fibroid has grown to be about 7 cm and now pushing my right ovary way up. So during ER, they would not be able to retrieve any eggs from that ovary. Now have to depend on the left ovary. I was given a choice to remove the fibroid or to try IVF first. We chose to try first. Anyone has similar issue?

My German measles test is also in gray area. I remember I have taken the vaccine previously. Now have to dig for the documentation.

No la..you shouldn't feel bad. you should feel sweet that your hubby is ok to march together with you..true love~~~
hmmm...seek 2nd opinion?

Monkeyzai dearie. Don't be discouraged. Your DH's swimmers not severe issue so will be effectively dealt with by the sperms treatment before use to fertilize your eggs in the ivf process.

As for your fibroids, they r within your uterus right? Did doc explain the benefits and risks of removal vs remaining as-is, and what is doc's recommendation? I think it will be good to thoroughly consider all info before deciding.

Don't despair, must stay strong and positive k. Take one step at a time. Praying all goes well for u. Jia you!

Me me! Im cycling in nov. Should be 1st week of Nov following my usual mensus pattern! Jia you .. ultimately is the baby we r hoping to hold dearly in our arms

Prof explained that if remove, we will need another 3 months to rest. But if go ahead, they will try their best to see how many follicles I can produce on my left ovary.

Hubby and me decided to go ahead with the 1st IVF. If failed, we will consider removing the fibroids and try again.

Me me! Im cycling in nov. Should be 1st week of Nov following my usual mensus pattern! Jia you .. ultimately is the baby we r hoping to hold dearly in our arms

I am prescribed with NorE. Will start taking on 24-Oct. Prof will be out of town so I will take for an additional week before starting jabs in 2nd or 3rd week of Nov (cannot remember clearly...haha).

Hi, I'm wondering where's the exact location of your fibroid? 7cm sounds quite big?

Trying to stay positive. Was talking to my mum yst and she was asking y I still don't wanna have baby, tell me don't wait liao. I casually replied still planning. Didn't wanna let DH know to avoid any unhappiness so have to let it out here. :rolleyes:
I'm in similar situation with u. My mum also doesn't know I'm on ivf journey.

The only difference is that my mum started to ask my hubby cos she thought he's the one doesn't want bb yet.. That makes the situation more awkward..

Ya, esp when these old folks don't know what's going on, and they kept wondering why don't want to have a bb soon. Then again, if you were to tell them, it would have added on to the unnecessary stress, like "ah girl ah, how ah? successful or not?"

Ya, esp when these old folks don't know what's going on, and they kept wondering why don't want to have a bb soon. Then again, if you were to tell them, it would have added on to the unnecessary stress, like "ah girl ah, how ah? successful or not?"

Ya.. Totally agree esp when failed, they will ask how come and why it fail.. Aiks..

Just ended ivf briefing. Someone asked abt taking tcm while doing ivf and doc suggested to stop 1 month in advance prior to starting ivf lest hormones frm tcm herbs interfere with jab hormones. Anyone on tcm while on ivf or when do u last stop tcm prior to starting ivf?
I took tcm herbs till ER. Starter acu 2 month prior to ivf and stopped acu 3 days after et. Bfp 2 cycles. I strongly believe in tcm acu n herbs. For my fet now also I did acu. The only think is I also did intralipid for my bfp cycles. This time I think maybe no time to intralipid as will be back to singapore tomorrow night and sat scan will determine if can proceed. Ovu kit shows line getting darker but haven't got smile face yet. Kind of little stress what if never ovulate or follicle gone by sat. Today is cd11. I cud feel pain in my left ovary as i have 1 dominant n 3 small follies. Just leaving things with God and trying to keep heart body mind in peace.

I'll be doing in nov too.

Dont feel bad. 生孩子是两个人的事。We got to walk hand in hand towards the goal. Is team work, nothing to feel bad about. Think positive and jia you!

Back