IVF/ICSI Support Group

Dramaqueenie, it is true that poor fertilisation is due to egg factors? My 1st cycle ER 16 eggs and 3 fertilized. 2nd cycle ER 16 eggs and 3 fertilized. 3rd cycle ER 18 eggs but only 2 fertilized. I wasn't sure what was the cause and didn't asked too. If it is due to our eggs factors, can you share how we can improve? I heard about eating rolly jellies or CoQ10 but I'm allergic to it. This is my 4th cycle already & I really hope this time my body is well prepared. I can't afford to go thru another 3 fresh cycles like before.

Hi dear, am not too sure as this is our first fresh. For me, I'm approaching 40 next Feb. Doc says I had low AMH / reserve in accordance to my age so I'm not expected to respond to stim well. We were also preempt abt our high cycle cancellation rate due to no eggs for retrieval or transfer. I started to take some supplements like DHEA, maca, royal jelly and bee pollen in pure honey, bee propolis etc however I didn't take them regularly (take few days only then stop few weeks type). Ideally, we shd start these supplements 3 months before we start our cycle for the best results. I did however take royal jelly, bee pollen and propolis, 2-3 packets immunocal and 3-4 egg whites during my stim. I also had regular acupuncture during stim till after transfer. I managed to have 13 follicles retrieved, 2 transferred, 3 frozen and 4 more still monitoring although not likely to make it. And most unexpectedly, embryo quality are good too. I'm still in my 2ww. But based on my retrieval and fertilisation rate, I would think the supplements and acupuncture did help

Last edited:

What's P? Pergo?
Let's hope for better news tmr? Did u choose ICSI method? Ie inject sperm into the egg?

Ya, pergo. Due to hubby medical conditions (diabetic & high blood pressure), he has problem for ejection. So, we can only opt for ICSI. Prof Wong ordered him to give 3 samples. We can only use frozen sperm for ICSI.
Doctors said i responded good for the dosage. That's why OR before the scheduled date ( I dunno how true is it).
Haiz... Sian... Dun even have the chance for OT :(

So in the end u have how many eggs fertilised? Which acupuncture you're with?

Out of 13, 12 is matured and 10 fertilised successfully. But only 5 made it to good grade embryos. 2 transferred and 3 frozen. The rest are still under monitoring but not likely to make it to freezing bah

I see Dr Zou from AMK for acupuncture only. Didn't take her herbs

Out of 13, 12 is matured and 10 fertilised successfully. But only 5 made it to good grade embryos. 2 transferred and 3 frozen. The rest are still under monitoring but not likely to make it to freezing bah

I see Dr Zou from AMK for acupuncture only. Didn't take her herbs
Your good grade embryos mean blastocyst? Given your age, your yield is very good lei!
I'm younger than you yet my yield is like half of yours! What stim drugs were u and what's the dosage like?
Where did u get DHEA from? Did u ask ur dr whether it's safe for consumption?

Your good grade embryos mean blastocyst? Given your age, your yield is very good lei!
I'm younger than you yet my yield is like half of yours! What stim drugs were u and what's the dosage like?
Where did u get DHEA from? Did u ask ur dr whether it's safe for consumption?

Ah no no... Mine was a day 2 transfer... The 5 fertilised embryos are of grade 5 and 4. Tbh, I don't have much confidence in my eggs quality and don't want to risk eggs arrestment before they reached blast stage. So I opted for day 2 transfer and freeze 3 eggs first. On my beta hcg day, then I will know if my remaining embryos can make it for freezing.
I'm on 375 Gonal-F (increased to 450 on stim day 7 due to slow growth of follicles) and 30 Saizen.
I bought my DHEA and other supplements from iherb. I just did my own research and take them at my own risks. But during stim, I did check with pharmacist if I can take royal jelly and ubiquinol and was told there's no contraindications with my stim jabs.

I got bad news fr lab this morning. All my eggs failed for fertilization. I'm so sad & down now... Not even an single one!!!!
HLing, I'm so sorry hon. Words cannot express how sad that is. I couldn't even get any eggs during my cycle. It is sad and frustrating I know. But we have to believe it will get better. Try and try again. Never give up.

Hi dear, am not too sure as this is our first fresh. For me, I'm approaching 40 next Feb. Doc says I had low AMH / reserve in accordance to my age so I'm not expected to respond to stim well. We were also preempt abt our high cycle cancellation rate due to no eggs for retrieval or transfer. I started to take some supplements like DHEA, maca, royal jelly and bee pollen in pure honey, bee propolis etc however I didn't take them regularly (take few days only then stop few months type). Ideally, we shd start these supplements 3 months before we start our cycle for the best results. I did however take royal jelly, bee pollen and propolis, 2-3 packets immunocal and 3-4 egg whites during my stim. I also had regular acupuncture during stim till after transfer. I managed to have 13 follicles retrieved, 2 transferred, 3 frozen and 4 more still monitoring although not likely to make it. And most unexpectedly, embryo quality are good too. I'm still in my 2ww. But based on my retrieval and fertilisation rate, I would think the supplements and acupuncture did help me
Dramaqueenie can share which acupuncturist you go to? If you don't mind. I think I need to prepare my body before my next cycle.

Hi all, in on a fresh cycle for ivf and after 5 days of injection, today I went back for review to scan on my eggs and apparently I only had 1! Usually I have more than 1 and with the stimulation, isn't it supposed to increase even more? My doc asked me to abort the cycle now. Any advise why my body is reacting this way?[/
Ah no no... Mine was a day 2 transfer... The 5 fertilised embryos are of grade 5 and 4. Tbh, I don't have much confidence in my eggs quality and don't want to risk eggs arrestment before they reached blast stage. So I opted for day 2 transfer and freeze 3 eggs first. On my beta hcg day, then I will know if my remaining embryos can make it for freezing.
I'm on 375 Gonal-F (increased to 450 on stim day 7 due to slow growth of follicles) and 30 Saizen.
I bought my DHEA and other supplements from iherb. I just did my own research and take them at my own risks. But during stim, I did check with pharmacist if I can take royal jelly and ubiquinol and was told there's no contraindications with my stim jabs.

Yes. Ur result is definately very good for your age. Plus all the good quality ones. Am slightly younger than you but 10 retrieved, only 4 make it to D3. Only 1 grade 4 and 3 grade 3. Kinda disappointed. Mayb i will check with dr tan if i shud take DHEA nx round if this round fail. (Of course hope no nx round) . Haha

Ya, pergo. Due to hubby medical conditions (diabetic & high blood pressure), he has problem for ejection. So, we can only opt for ICSI. Prof Wong ordered him to give 3 samples. We can only use frozen sperm for ICSI.
Doctors said i responded good for the dosage. That's why OR before the scheduled date ( I dunno how true is it).
Haiz... Sian... Dun even have the chance for OT :(
Sorry to hear that. Based on what u say, seems more likely a sperm issue. Did prof advise if your hb can try to extract more sperm to freeze? I suspect the previous batch may not be as strong.

I've been taking coq10 and prenatal vitamins . both from iherb. What else can we take to help? Would be good to know. I think at this point I just want to take and do everything I can heh kinda kiasu

Yes. Ur result is definately very good for your age. Plus all the good quality ones. Am slightly younger than you but 10 retrieved, only 4 make it to D3. Only 1 grade 4 and 3 grade 3. Kinda disappointed. Mayb i will check with dr tan if i shud take DHEA nx round if this round fail. (Of course hope no nx round) . Haha

Actually, day 3 embryos are stronger than day 2. For all we know, my embryos could have arrested by day 3.
I think grading is pretty subjective too. There are ladies who failed with top grade blasts and those who made it with lower grade ones. So anything is possible!

Last edited:
I got 10 matured eggs, not even one got fertilized!!! I'm so sad now!!!! The lab staff said, they will monitor till tmr, maybe it wld be abit slow :( now I'm planning for next fresh cycle liao.

*hugs* I know how it feels. I had 14 eggs but only 1 fertilized. I was crushed too. Don't lose hope. Maybe tomorrow got progress.

I asked my dr too what happened but she said for mine, it could be both female and male factor ie. poor egg quality and sperm morphology.

Sounds like you're with kkh. For my case, they nv tell me what grades are my embryos. Only say very good, good, satisfactory or poor.
I did a D4 transfer, as D3 was Sunday. Left 2 embryos, and the embryologist actually grew the 2 to blast before freezing! I thought she will just freeze at D4. Luckily they survived till D5.

Sisters who did natural fet....need yr advise pls. How many days after af is the transfer normally. I have day 2 frosties. Can you pls advise if cd 14 is ovulation means do we have to take pregnyl then they will thaw on day 15 and transfer on day 16. Just an estimate needed pls tho I knw it's subjective to lining and follicle size for natural fet. Thanks

Sounds like you're with kkh. For my case, they nv tell me what grades are my embryos. Only say very good, good, satisfactory or poor.
I did a D4 transfer, as D3 was Sunday. Left 2 embryos, and the embryologist actually grew the 2 to blast before freezing! I thought she will just freeze at D4. Luckily they survived till D5.

Hi dear, u are with NUH ya. I'm assuming the grading of poor to very good is equivalent of KKH's grade 2 to 5 bah.

Nice embryos u have!

Wow! :). You seeing any TCM? Are you eating supplements to improve egg quality/quantity?
i havent start on my procedure. counselling on 7 oct, starting ivf journey in nov.
been taking tcm and also normal folic acid, royal jelly.
nth else on the egg qly or qty since i havent start lol

i havent start on my procedure. counselling on 7 oct, starting ivf journey in nov.
been taking tcm and also normal folic acid, royal jelly.
nth else on the egg qly or qty since i havent start lol
Hi kissryl, I'm new here at this website.Do you mind to share which brand of royal jelly you are taking, how much and what is the benefit of taking it?

Sisters who did natural fet....need yr advise pls. How many days after af is the transfer normally. I have day 2 frosties. Can you pls advise if cd 14 is ovulation means do we have to take pregnyl then they will thaw on day 15 and transfer on day 16. Just an estimate needed pls tho I knw it's subjective to lining and follicle size for natural fet. Thanks

It depends on when you ovulate. I had positive opk on the afternoon of cd 15 and did the transfer of day 2 embryo 3 days later. There was no pregnyl jab. I had a progesterone jab on the FET day. The embryo is also thawed on the FET morning. I was at the hospital waiting to see if it thawed successfully before I can proceed with the FET.

Hi kissryl, I'm new here at this website.Do you mind to share which brand of royal jelly you are taking, how much and what is the benefit of taking it?
hello wynn04o4. no prob! im taking lifesciences' royal jelly available at watsons. got it at cheap price but cant rmbr how much. i didnt get the exp ones out of budget constraint..
after taking it, it seems my mense more regular. skin better too.
supposed to help with hormones etc if not wrong. had bought it initially caused i thought i had pcos..

It depends on when you ovulate. I had positive opk on the afternoon of cd 15 and did the transfer of day 2 embryo 3 days later. There was no pregnyl jab. I had a progesterone jab on the FET day. The embryo is also thawed on the FET morning. I was at the hospital waiting to see if it thawed successfully before I can proceed with the FET.

I had similar experience as spinsterella. But i did not have progesterone jab. Instead, i had crinone inserts starting for a few days before transfer. If there isn't ovulation detected for that month, transfer will be postponed.

Hi ladies - a small info..
I had to fresh cycles in the year 2010 n 2011

Kkh- jerry chan
2010- icsi ivf
Retrieved 12 eggs- 2 fertilized
D2 transfer- embryo 4cell n grade 4
Bfn- no embbies to freeze
Short protocol- 9days
lucrin n 150IU puregon
Lateal support - 4x 1000 units of subcut HCG

2011- same doc
Icsi ivf
Stimulation- 200iu puregon
Short protocol-9 days
Lateal support- vaginal utrogeston 200mg
24 Eggs- 9 fertilized
Transfer D2
Embryo- 4cells grade 4
Bfn- 6 frozen

Dr. Sadhana
Frozen cycle- embryos din survive till blastocysts..

Now in NuH..waiting to start stim.

I am just stating my results for information.. Different people may react diff...hope this helps a little..

Hi, I was a bit apprehensive too cos my Dr said to stop tcm medication once I'm on my birth control pills for my medicated FET. But Dr Zou says can take as long as it's 2 hrs apart. So I've been taking it. Planning to stop once I'm on my Lucrin jab n progynova. What about you?
Hi celestialbaby, I decided to stop the tcm medication since I started on progynova although I did check with Zou that it's ok as long as 2 hrs apart as what you have mentioned.

Gosh i had the worse nightmare ever! Dreamt my AF came and i couldnt find the number to call kkivf!

Last night i had mild cramps and had a "wet" feeling below (symptoms of AF coming).. Then this morning i woke up to take bbt and it dropped from 36.8 yest to 36.4! And i panic cos thats whats happen when my AF is here.. Even though temp now after i woke up is 36.8 but i still am worried. :( This 2ww is killing me!

I think I have bad news to share.
Last night at 6dp2dt, I had some brown discharge (from crinone insert) then followed by brown staining (ard thumb size stain on pad) and light brown staining whenever I wiped (apologies for tmi).
This morn, I woke and sat up and felt a flow gushed down (like during menses) and saw dark red bleed on my pad (palm size).
I'm not sure if this is the start of my early menses or irritation from crinone insert. I had cramps (menses like, on and off too)
My beta is on 25/9. Last menses on 21/8. My cycle can range from 28-40 days but on avg, it's mostly ard 33-34 days.
Now is dark red to red staining whenever I wiped.
Felt super emo since last night

Last edited:
Gosh i had the worse nightmare ever! Dreamt my AF came and i couldnt find the number to call kkivf!

Last night i had mild cramps and had a "wet" feeling below (symptoms of AF coming).. Then this morning i woke up to take bbt and it dropped from 36.8 yest to 36.4! And i panic cos thats whats happen when my AF is here.. Even though temp now after i woke up is 36.8 but i still am worried. :( This 2ww is killing me!
You're how many days post transfer?

Last night at 6dp2dt, I had some brown discharge (from crinone insert) then followed by brown staining (ard thumb size stain on pad) and light brown staining whenever I wiped (apologies for tmi).
This morn, I woke and sat up and felt a flow gushed down (like during menses) and saw dark red bleed on my pad (small palm size).
I'm not sure if this is the start of my super early menses or irritation from crinone insert. I had cramps (menses like, on and off too)
My beta is on 25/9. Last menses on 21/8. My cycle can range from 28-40 days but on avg, it's mostly ard 33-34 days.
Hugs ..

This morn, I woke and sat up and felt a flow gushed down (like during menses) and saw dark red bleed on my pad (small palm size).
I'm not sure if this is the start of my super early menses or irritation from crinone insert. I had cramps (menses like, on and off too)
Sounds too early to be menses right. Call your clinic ba. Crinone do cause a bit of spotting. Hope everything is fine

How are u doing? Really praying for u that ur bean sticks!
hi chloe I try not to think about it for now. havent even booked appointment w gynae. I'm taking your suggestion, not going for any blood test until week 7. If it's not meant to be, any hcg level doesn't matter. Already found it a miracle to conceive naturally, 1st ever in almost 9 years of marriage and age 37. So can only pray it can stick and grow. Thanks for your concern!

it's really too early for AF. Could be implantation bleeding, takes plc between day 6-12 after d2 transfer. So long it stops after 3 days at most. call clinic if you are worried.

it's really too early for AF. Could be implantation bleeding, takes plc between day 6-12 after d2 transfer. So long it stops after 3 days at most. call clinic if you are worried.

Thanks all! I read that implantation bleeding is scanty and not red in color. So I think not...
Could be my own fault, was asked to insert twice a day, morning and night ard 8pm. I couldn't keep to the same timing every time, always 1-2hrs diff. Now my insert done ard 11+ to noon+ and night time 11+ to past midnight. In addition, I tend to drink alot so will always pee or do big business after just an hr from insertion so maybe my crinone insert is not working at all and hence the early AF

Last edited:
hi chloe I try not to think about it for now. havent even booked appointment w gynae. I'm taking your suggestion, not going for any blood test until week 7. If it's not meant to be, any hcg level doesn't matter. Already found it a miracle to conceive naturally, 1st ever in almost 9 years of marriage and age 37. So can only pray it can stick and grow. Thanks for your concern!
Jiayou... hope to hear your good news here in 3 weeks: )

Thanks all! I read that implantation bleeding is scanty and not red in color. So I think not...
Could be my own fault, was asked to insert twice a day, morning and night ard 8pm. I couldn't keep to the same timing every time, always 1-2hrs diff. Now my insert done ard 11 to noon+ and night time 11+ to past midnight. In addition, I tend to drink alot so will always pee or do big business after just an hr from insertion so maybe my crinone insert is not working at all and hence the early AF
Hi dramaqueenie, i oso think now is too early for af...most probably is implantation bleeding...

Miracles indeed do happen! Hope that this miracle will happen to us here :)

This morn, I woke and sat up and felt a flow gushed down (like during menses) and saw dark red bleed on my pad (palm size).
I'm not sure if this is the start of my early menses or irritation from crinone insert. I had cramps (menses like, on and off too)
Have u called the clinic? They might ask u to go in for early BT.. Try to stay positive although i am trying hard to do the same myself.. Jia you!

Have u called the clinic? They might ask u to go in for early BT.. Try to stay positive although i am trying hard to do the same myself.. Jia you!

Hi dear, yes I called. The nurse simply say to monitor or walk in to O&G if worried. No mention of blood tests. I don't think they will do blood test so many days in advance? Anyhow this morning, I dug out my old pregnancy strips (expired last month) and it's a clear BFN with first morning pee at 7dp2dt.
My bleeding getting heavy like full flow
I'm gutted...

Hi dear, yes I called. The nurse simply say to monitor or walk in to O&G if worried. No mention of blood tests. I don't think they will do blood test so many days in advance? Anyhow this morning, I dug out my old pregnancy strips (expired last month) and it's a clear BFN with first morning pee at 7dp2dt.
I'm gutted...
Stay strong dear.. Its not a easy journey.. Maybe can consider go O&G..

I'm gutted...
So sorry to hear dramaqueenie. *massive hugs*

@the_spinsterella @HappyPeanuts thanks gals. So it sounds like cd 17 to 18 will be the transfer. So may I ask how many scans do you have to go since cd1. And were u given any medication during natural fet. So it means the thaw and fet on the same day?

I went for 2 scans - 1 on CD8 and another on CD15.

I didnt get any medication at all until FET day. 1 progesterone injection on that day.
Also, on FET day, I start crinone twice daily and have to go for progesterone injection every 3 days (think in total 3 times).

As for the thawing, yes it's the same day. Have to go to the hospital and wait. Once embryologist gives the go ahead, I got my injection and proceeded to the OT.

I've been taking coq10 and prenatal vitamins . both from iherb. What else can we take to help? Would be good to know. I think at this point I just want to take and do everything I can heh kinda kiasu
I take Coq10 and prenatal vitamins from iherb too! :) I also bought royal jelly bee pollen and took it every morning and conception tea all from iherb. Apart from that, I do weekly acupuncture and occasional full body massage for blood flow. Also took walnuts and brazil nuts for afternoon snack (also from iherb, haha). In addition too all these, I make sure I have vegetables and fruits (especially berries) in my diet. Also have avocado and salmon regularly.

Tomorrow is my BT so I will let you know how it goes. Hehe...

Could be my own fault, was asked to insert twice a day, morning and night ard 8pm. I couldn't keep to the same timing every time, always 1-2hrs diff. Now my insert done ard 11+ to noon+ and night time 11+ to past midnight. In addition, I tend to drink alot so will always pee or do big business after just an hr from insertion so maybe my crinone insert is not working at all and hence the early AF
Please relax gal. It could be old blood in uterus that's flowing out making way for yr baby. Many possibilities so don't lose hope. Try to bed rest and maybe flow will subside n stop.

I went for 2 scans - 1 on CD8 and another on CD15.

I didnt get any medication at all until FET day. 1 progesterone injection on that day.
Also, on FET day, I start crinone twice daily and have to go for progesterone injection every 3 days (think in total 3 times).

As for the thawing, yes it's the same day. Have to go to the hospital and wait. Once embryologist gives the go ahead, I got my injection and proceeded to the OT.
Was fet bfp for u gal

Stay strong dear.. Its not a easy journey.. Maybe can consider go O&G..

I'm not sure what they are going to do at O&G. My beta is 9 days away from tdy. U think they might do the blood test tdy and if yes, will result be taken as conclusive? Alr did a hpt (albeit expired) this morning with first morning pee, it's those high sensitivity 10miu kind. Its BFN...

Last edited:

Back