IVF/ICSI Support Group

got slight bleeding again. the 1st time was on saturday. i can't explain why the alternate days. on progesterone pessary. dunno now if i should call the kkh ivf clinic..

should i lie down/rest or keep moving to circulate blood?

got slight bleeding again. the 1st time was on saturday. i can't explain why the alternate days. on progesterone pessary. dunno now if i should call the kkh ivf clinic..

Call the clinic. Ask them what you should do. Is it red or pink/brown?

What colour is it? When I had spotting on fri and sat, I minimize walking

Thanks ladies. As always the support here is phenomenal. And it has honestly gotten me though tough time both cycles. Yes endo and adeno are different, doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to identify especially if a lapro was done. Its seriously crap. The monthly pain is almost not worth to have a womb. Almost. Heh
@dreams unfortunately I don't have any more embys frozen. That was my one and only. I had a recent fresh cycle done and there were no eggs despite a month long jabbing fest. I don't know if my doctor was just bad at retrieval or I really had eggs that were not retrievable. They did a BT during stim and said there were eggs. Again question marks everywhere and that's what I hate. Now I'm going to be proactive and make changes to everything. All the answers here really opened up my eyes and have educated me far better than my lame doctor ever did.
@jkoh are you with THH or sadana?

Hi Sueism

Sorry to hear that. rest well and try again. I am with Dr Tan HH....I have my first fresh cycle in Jun 2013. give birth to a baby boy in Mar 2014. He is good i feel but busy as usual. What you ask him he will try to answer you and find a solution for you.

I know how it feels.. Some lame dr just make us roll our eyes. But I heard in kkh, the main dr doesn't scan or review the patient? And there's a panel or dr who will get involved in the case? Is it true?
In nuh, my dr scan and review me personally though I know they do group discussions prior the start of the ivf journey

Yes. True...In KKH the main doc does not review everytime...it the panel of Dr who review each scanning. The main doc only see you the first few appt, ER, ET....he will give instruction about our case. so I only saw him first appt, then ER then ET.....then after BT if negative or postive....then through out the pregnancy period....

So means if BT is positive, also cannot be happy yet :(, until bb heartbeat is detected.. but not sure how many more weeks after 2ww will that be?

Spent the whole morning in kitchen, prepping lunch and dinner.. distracting myself from 2ww.

Milc

2ww is about 4 week pregnant...so another 2 weeks to 4 weeks should see heartbeat.

6 to 8 weeks scan can see the heart beat...fetal pole....yup before that still must keep our finger crossed.......

Last edited:
Hello all, can I check for those that are with TCM Zou Yu Min, do you still continue eating the medication during the start of the FET cycle before ET? Or stop medication and just do acupuncture?

Call the clinic. Ask them what you should do. Is it red or pink/brown?

it is same colour as last Saturday. faded pink when wiped (sorry tmi! :) ) all these few days, my lower abd has been having tight and tugging sensation (not crampy), maybe I'm unknowingly holding too much tension and stress on the hip area.

i called kkh ivf, they said to observe. but if the blood worsens, I need to bring forward the BT to this Thurs 17Sept.

it is same colour as last Saturday. faded pink when wiped (sorry tmi! :) ) all these few days, my lower abd has been having tight and tugging sensation (not crampy), maybe I'm unknowingly holding too much tension and stress on the hip area.

i called kkh ivf, they said to observe. but if the blood worsens, I need to bring forward the BT to this Thurs 17Sept.
Hmm, you did ur ET on 7th sept right?
Any courage to do HPT? Not sure if it's too early? Any suggestions ladies?

Hi ladies, I'm still in the NUH day ward suite. The dr just came informing me that they managed to retrived 10 eggs, all matured!! Yay.... I tot I have abt 5 or 6 only coz I always heard & see 5 or 6 fr the scanning and my medical report card :D now... Finger crossed! Hopefully Tmr I have good news coming in too!
Wow that's good! Hmm, but usually the dr won't know whether all matured cos it's always the embryologist who told me how many matured. But 10 is a good number to start with! Wait for the dr and food and go home rest well! The wait starts tmr :)

Did you call your clinic? I suggest you call and tell them your have the brown discharge. Perhaps they can give you additioanl support.
I did not cos the discharge is not a lot. It doesn't stain the panty liner. Only when I clean myself I see very slight brownish discharge on tissue. And I am actually not pinning very high hope this time round cos I didn't do very well in fresh cycle so I thought I will not get pregnant and will just wait for BT on Thursday. BUT I am now quite hopeful cos no sign of anything else and my menses is usually quite regular. If there is still nothing tomorrow, then I think I am very hopeful. ;)

I did not cos the discharge is not a lot. It doesn't stain the panty liner. Only when I clean myself I see very slight brownish discharge on tissue. And I am actually not pinning very high hope this time round cos I didn't do very well in fresh cycle so I thought I will not get pregnant and will just wait for BT on Thursday. BUT I am now quite hopeful cos no sign of anything else and my menses is usually quite regular. If there is still nothing tomorrow, then I think I am very hopeful. ;)

@koirc how many days are u past menses?

Hi ladies, I'm still in the NUH day ward suite. The dr just came informing me that they managed to retrived 10 eggs, all matured!! Yay.... I tot I have abt 5 or 6 only coz I always heard & see 5 or 6 fr the scanning and my medical report card :D now... Finger crossed! Hopefully Tmr I have good news coming in too!

Woohoo!! That's good to have all 10 matured eggs!!

Jia you!!!

I'm just wondering whether menses will still come in cases of BFN if we are already on supports?

I think if it's not bright red then perhaps it's implantation or if you are using progesterone inserts could be irritation from using that too.

Hi gal, what do u mean u didnt do very well in this fresh cycle?

Officially in 2ww. Only one out of six embryos make it to blastocyst. So transfer the one and only precious one. Feeling not very hopeful about this cycle. Haiz...

Hi Sueism

Sorry to hear that. rest well and try again. I am with Dr Tan HH....I have my first fresh cycle in Jun 2013. give birth to a baby boy in Mar 2014. He is good i feel but busy as usual. What you ask him he will try to answer you and find a solution for you.
Oh good to hear Joellejo! I just got my Appt with him on 6 October. Hopefully he can help me better. In fact I think he can after the other heh

Lol low tolerance for pain. I tell you those with adeno and endo have probably higher levels of pain endurance haha. Definitely have to take it. Tbh I get my neurofen from Australia. I always buy in bulk when I'm there and sneak it back in. Local neurofen does nothing.
Hugs gal. I was also diagnosed with adeno after my lap in 2010. Unbearable periods luckily I skip cycle. One year maybe land in hospital 5 times. Everyone including my hubby thinks I have low pain threshold. But i really feel like dying on those days. When I was unable to conceive it was attributed to adeno and with ivf I conceived and mc twice and docs changed the statement to adeno means not difficult to be preggy but difficult to sustain pregnancy. Am in the same boat as you back to square one. Am with kkh thh. Awaiting af to start fet. Nuh service is better than kkh I personally feel.

Officially in 2ww. Only one out of six embryos make it to blastocyst. So transfer the one and only precious one. Feeling not very hopeful about this cycle. Haiz...

Hi twinkletot, keep the faith! I think i read in the NUH thread a few months back abt a sister bfp with a single golden embie with day 2 or 3 transfer. Don't lose hope!

Progestrone pills, will cause us have cramps?
I usually do not experience cramps b4 AF. 3 more days towards AF date. Am having lower abdomen slight cramps discomfort on/off. Bearerable so far. Today, the D2 of this discomfort and is getting more.
Does not sound good right?

Hello all, can I check for those that are with TCM Zou Yu Min, do you still continue eating the medication during the start of the FET cycle before ET? Or stop medication and just do acupuncture?
Hi, I was a bit apprehensive too cos my Dr said to stop tcm medication once I'm on my birth control pills for my medicated FET. But Dr Zou says can take as long as it's 2 hrs apart. So I've been taking it. Planning to stop once I'm on my Lucrin jab n progynova. What about you?

Went to Kkh today for a bt. Unfortunately its a bfn. I kinda had a feeling la. Sigh but it still feels crummy. I guess its back to the drawing board for me and hubs. I'm seriously thinking of going to the TCM and getting my body sorted first before we attempt our last fresh.

This is going to be long. If you ladies don't mind, I just need to get a load off my chest about our doctor who's been handing both my cycles. To sisters who are new and going to Kkh, pls avoid Dr cc khong like the plague. Don't be dumb like me and continue with his sub standard service. For my last fresh I'm going to a different doctor.

From day 1 that I've gone for ivf back in early 2013, I've advised this doctor that I was diagnosed in 2011 by Kkh with adenomyosis. He was attentive at first and was patient. He did a few blood tests for me and hubs, sperm test for hubs, countless ultrasounds and finally a laprascopy. All this was done in the span of a month. As time went on, he got more abrupt with answers and seemed impatient when I asked questions. Waiting to see him is usually more than an hr and his consult lasts 5 mins. I pay $90 each time just for consultation.
I still don't know what he did during the laprascopy. Tbh, I feel he didn't do anything and did a $6000 procedure just to look-see and to waste our money.
Throughout 2013 he did a couple more tests and we finally did our first fresh in 2014. That failed and we did another just recently which failed again.

I am not blaming him for failures but I do blame him when prior to the ivf I bring up that my periods are agonising now and I've large clots of blood every month. And instead of trying to fix my adeno, he brushed me off and said "that's not our concern now." It was so frustrating I remember crying on hubs shoulders while waiting to pay for yet another unneeded blood test. All this time I've been doing my own research and I was the one who asked him to recommend me for the long protocol for this cycle. I really doubt he does any additional research to help us. I know we're not paying him the sky but for $90 each consult to be told, everything looks fine is ridiculous.

Today was the final straw. I went for my BT and then went to administration to request for my medical reports so I have something to show a TCM and hopefully they understand the issue and help me. The nurse while checking through my medical history said "you don't have adeno, you have endo." Imagine my surprise that my 'fantastic doctor' diagnosed me with endo in 2013. I tell you ladies, my blood was boiling. I wish I had endo, at least that can be removed somewhat to aid us. If it was endo why didn't he do anything doing the lapro to remove the mass? The first ever time I was diagnosed with adeno, I was given pictures of the mass in my womb walls. It was literally inside the walls which is why there is no cure for adeno except for pregnancy or menopause or hysterectomy. He misdiagnosed me in the worst possible way. A doctor who thinks adeno = endo is the worst kind of male doctor there is. It is unforgivable to jerk me around when time is already not on my side. He literally wasted 3 years of my aging womb's life.

Ok end of rant heh thank you all you kind sisters for your help and advise and prayers. I pray for each one of you and wish you tons of baby dust.
Hugs to u. Try to build up ur body to increase ur chance. Jia you! Don't give up! :)

Think telling ur mom is good... sometimes have u need the additional emotional support. With all the injections, our hormones also become haywire... so mom support is advisesable. However, if ur mom is the type that stress yout instead, then better not.. hehe.
For me cannot tell my mum, as she will tell all my relatives... Don wan to get extra stress to my hubby and myself during the treatment as mental and body rest is v important...

Went to Kkh today for a bt. Unfortunately its a bfn. I kinda had a feeling la. Sigh but it still feels crummy. I guess its back to the drawing board for me and hubs. I'm seriously thinking of going to the TCM and getting my body sorted first before we attempt our last fresh.

This is going to be long. If you ladies don't mind, I just need to get a load off my chest about our doctor who's been handing both my cycles. To sisters who are new and going to Kkh, pls avoid Dr cc khong like the plague. Don't be dumb like me and continue with his sub standard service. For my last fresh I'm going to a different doctor.

From day 1 that I've gone for ivf back in early 2013, I've advised this doctor that I was diagnosed in 2011 by Kkh with adenomyosis. He was attentive at first and was patient. He did a few blood tests for me and hubs, sperm test for hubs, countless ultrasounds and finally a laprascopy. All this was done in the span of a month. As time went on, he got more abrupt with answers and seemed impatient when I asked questions. Waiting to see him is usually more than an hr and his consult lasts 5 mins. I pay $90 each time just for consultation.
I still don't know what he did during the laprascopy. Tbh, I feel he didn't do anything and did a $6000 procedure just to look-see and to waste our money.
Throughout 2013 he did a couple more tests and we finally did our first fresh in 2014. That failed and we did another just recently which failed again.

I am not blaming him for failures but I do blame him when prior to the ivf I bring up that my periods are agonising now and I've large clots of blood every month. And instead of trying to fix my adeno, he brushed me off and said "that's not our concern now." It was so frustrating I remember crying on hubs shoulders while waiting to pay for yet another unneeded blood test. All this time I've been doing my own research and I was the one who asked him to recommend me for the long protocol for this cycle. I really doubt he does any additional research to help us. I know we're not paying him the sky but for $90 each consult to be told, everything looks fine is ridiculous.

Today was the final straw. I went for my BT and then went to administration to request for my medical reports so I have something to show a TCM and hopefully they understand the issue and help me. The nurse while checking through my medical history said "you don't have adeno, you have endo." Imagine my surprise that my 'fantastic doctor' diagnosed me with endo in 2013. I tell you ladies, my blood was boiling. I wish I had endo, at least that can be removed somewhat to aid us. If it was endo why didn't he do anything doing the lapro to remove the mass? The first ever time I was diagnosed with adeno, I was given pictures of the mass in my womb walls. It was literally inside the walls which is why there is no cure for adeno except for pregnancy or menopause or hysterectomy. He misdiagnosed me in the worst possible way. A doctor who thinks adeno = endo is the worst kind of male doctor there is. It is unforgivable to jerk me around when time is already not on my side. He literally wasted 3 years of my aging womb's life.

Ok end of rant heh thank you all you kind sisters for your help and advise and prayers. I pray for each one of you and wish you tons of baby dust.

Sorry to hear ur story, jus some opinions, sometimes I feel they don't communicate correctly or maybe the doc's hand writing scribbles on their diagnosis paper then the next nurse/doc on shift may not be able to read correctly, I find myself worried and keep repeat whatever the doc said to me then to the nurse/pharmacist to ensure everything align in their process, a few times I find myself never pay at the counter/ didn't collect the embryos report, I failed my first fresh then after the BT, nobody tell me to meet the embryist to collect my report...I arrived home n wait for the call then have to rush back again and they only answer when u ask but they can't give definite answer/analysis.i guess this journey is like opening the pandora box...

Jus continue western & eastern med have to separate every 2hrs...aso do acupuncture...

Forgot to update on my BT yday. Its bfp!

Been quite a journey too. With only one big size egg during scan n 3 small eggs which the nurses said v vvv v small for retrieval. But during the ER manage to get 4 eggs and 3 fertilised. Guess me downing avocado juice and egg whites (up till 7!) on the last 2 days before ER works!

Been quite a journey too. With only one big size egg during scan n 3 small eggs which the nurses said v vvv v small for retrieval. But during the ER manage to get 4 eggs and 3 fertilised. Guess me downing avocado juice and egg whites (up till 7!) on the last 2 days before ER works!
Congrats! You're with which hospital?

Sorry to hear ur story, jus some opinions, sometimes I feel they don't communicate correctly or maybe the doc's hand writing scribbles on their diagnosis paper then the next nurse/doc on shift may not be able to read correctly, I find myself worried and keep repeat whatever the doc said to me then to the nurse/pharmacist to ensure everything align in their process, a few times I find myself never pay at the counter/ didn't collect the embryos report, I failed my first fresh then after the BT, nobody tell me to meet the embryist to collect my report...I arrived home n wait for the call then have to rush back again and they only answer when u ask but they can't give definite answer/analysis.i guess this journey is like opening the pandora box...
Oh you're definitely right about the communication bit. I tried to get answers from the lame doc but because I keep hitting a brick wall, I gave up. During my cycles, i relied instead on the ivf staff. I must say, the nurses, u/s ladies and even the ivf doctors were so very helpful. I got any questions answered readily. So I never had issues with miscomm during my cycles. Are you with Kkh too?

Shortcake, congrats on bfp!! So happy for you! Yes! ✌

I know how it feels.. Some lame dr just make us roll our eyes. But I heard in kkh, the main dr doesn't scan or review the patient? And there's a panel or dr who will get involved in the case? Is it true?
In nuh, my dr scan and review me personally though I know they do group discussions prior the start of the ivf journey

Till last week, then I know who is my doctor :> I'm subsisted patient, 1st appt at clinic G, was seeing Dr Lim & Dr Elizabeth Margaret. Then after confirm going for ivf, we were seeing Prof Wong twice @ level 3 NUH. After started my NorE, for my 1st scan came back to level 4 CHR then I met Dr Lim & Dr Elizabeth Margaret again. 2nd scan done by Dr Anu, 3rd & 4th scan done by Dr Chew. Finally OR dove by Dr Lim.

Congrats!!

Congrats dear. Grabbing ur bb dusts!

Claps!!! Congrats dearie!!
Do share your meal plan and what were your experiences in 2ww.. So we can grab some great tips!!

Congrats! Got any feeling/symptoms before u go for BT ?

Back