IVF/ICSI Support Group

That's wonderful! Congrats!

So after all the jabbing of stimulative drugs, we prepare for ER. How many days later do we come back again for the transplant? Will this procedure also be under GA?
Nuh usually do d3 transfer so it's day 3 after ur retrieval. If u have more eggs, more than 6, u can have the option to culture to blast that is day 5. Transfer no sedation, it's fast and typically painless :)

Hi @pinkfuchsia , may i know which grade of embies you got transferred? Or were they blasto? I got grade 4 and 3 transferred (5 being the best). Worried the quality not good enuf to grow.

Hi!

I transferred grade 4 & 3 (both @ D3), succeed now pregnant with twins (w19) too

So don't be overly-stressed over the grading
It's just to determine how they look that give them the grades

Hi ladies, is it normal for AF to come late after a failed fresh? I am still waiting for AF to come for my FET but so far nothing yet.

Hi gals,

I'm returning back to aus in October for a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, biopsy and scratch - fertility doc basically wants to check all parts of uterus due to previous failed cycles which I'm quite happy with actually. I'd rather over test than not.

Anyway, I have 2 frozen PGD tested embryos in the freezer but not sure if I want to use them or go one more round of fresh Ivf, while I can still stomach it. Thoughts?

I'd do the FET first. Who knows, perhaps you don't even have to do a fresh round of ivf! :)

Thanks. Just to share that after last month of chemical pregnancy for my FET, I just got a bfp on my hpt.
I'm very confused now, a month ago after my m/c my hcg has dropped to single digit. So there shouldn't be remaining hcg to cause a bfp right?
My DH n I had intimacy during the month so is natural conception possible?
Anyone been through what I had? Shd I be calling kkivf to inform? or my own gynae?

I think you should call your gynae. Do a BT. Actually some GPs can do BT also.

I am with Dr Stephen Chew from NUH. Both me and my husband have done the necessary blood work. All is well for me except I have OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation).

Looking at the process, it looks like I will have to take a lot of leave from work. How did you set time for these procedural work? I mean wouldn't it affect your work performance or wouldn't you get questioned by your boss?

For me I told my boss and colleagues I was going for my IVF. I had to have their support because of the many days of absence.

Hi ladies, is it normal for AF to come late after a failed fresh? I am still waiting for AF to come for my FET but so far nothing yet.
Don't know about others, but for me, after the failed fresh, my period came a few days after stopping the supports. And the period lasted for 10 long days! For next two cycles, was a bit haywire, it's like 35 days and 39 days. My usual cycle is 29-32 days.

Hi koirc,

I am also on Duphaston. But my doctor never give me any timing to follow. He jus told me to take after breakfast, lunch and dinner. So I think there is no actual timing to follow.
@wannahope Thanks! Cos the nurse told me to take 9am, 3pm, 9pm. But I follow my previous timing to spread the 8 hours.

Good morning sisters! Hope everyone had a great long weekend... The haze is so bad it is really not good for all of us!

My wait intensifies this week cos I am going for BT this Thursday. Yesterday, I had some slight brown discharge. It makes me very paranoid cos I kept going to toilet to check. Even wore pad to sleep in case AF comes. Thank God nothing came this morning but it is just driving me mad cos I just keep going to the toilet to check and I think I will be doing this for the next few days till BT!!!

Good morning sisters! Hope everyone had a great long weekend... The haze is so bad it is really not good for all of us!

My wait intensifies this week cos I am going for BT this Thursday. Yesterday, I had some slight brown discharge. It makes me very paranoid cos I kept going to toilet to check. Even wore pad to sleep in case AF comes. Thank God nothing came this morning but it is just driving me mad cos I just keep going to the toilet to check and I think I will be doing this for the next few days till BT!!!

Did you call your clinic? I suggest you call and tell them your have the brown discharge. Perhaps they can give you additioanl support.

Share with u my experience. I also bfp naturally after my failed fresh cycle. I went to the hosp to do bt... 700 plus. Super shock but happy. Few days later I felt something wrong and I knew I lost it already. Turn out to be chem preg.

Ur most probably pregnant. I hope this time is viable but up to u if u wanna go for bt. For me I know is impossible to prevent chem preg if is not meant to be. I rather just wait to week 7... go private gynae for hb scan.
Take care @chloe_ng

@Sueism how are you? Did u call the clinic?
Went to Kkh today for a bt. Unfortunately its a bfn. I kinda had a feeling la. Sigh but it still feels crummy. I guess its back to the drawing board for me and hubs. I'm seriously thinking of going to the TCM and getting my body sorted first before we attempt our last fresh.

This is going to be long. If you ladies don't mind, I just need to get a load off my chest about our doctor who's been handing both my cycles. To sisters who are new and going to Kkh, pls avoid Dr cc khong like the plague. Don't be dumb like me and continue with his sub standard service. For my last fresh I'm going to a different doctor.

From day 1 that I've gone for ivf back in early 2013, I've advised this doctor that I was diagnosed in 2011 by Kkh with adenomyosis. He was attentive at first and was patient. He did a few blood tests for me and hubs, sperm test for hubs, countless ultrasounds and finally a laprascopy. All this was done in the span of a month. As time went on, he got more abrupt with answers and seemed impatient when I asked questions. Waiting to see him is usually more than an hr and his consult lasts 5 mins. I pay $90 each time just for consultation.
I still don't know what he did during the laprascopy. Tbh, I feel he didn't do anything and did a $6000 procedure just to look-see and to waste our money.
Throughout 2013 he did a couple more tests and we finally did our first fresh in 2014. That failed and we did another just recently which failed again.

I am not blaming him for failures but I do blame him when prior to the ivf I bring up that my periods are agonising now and I've large clots of blood every month. And instead of trying to fix my adeno, he brushed me off and said "that's not our concern now." It was so frustrating I remember crying on hubs shoulders while waiting to pay for yet another unneeded blood test. All this time I've been doing my own research and I was the one who asked him to recommend me for the long protocol for this cycle. I really doubt he does any additional research to help us. I know we're not paying him the sky but for $90 each consult to be told, everything looks fine is ridiculous.

Today was the final straw. I went for my BT and then went to administration to request for my medical reports so I have something to show a TCM and hopefully they understand the issue and help me. The nurse while checking through my medical history said "you don't have adeno, you have endo." Imagine my surprise that my 'fantastic doctor' diagnosed me with endo in 2013. I tell you ladies, my blood was boiling. I wish I had endo, at least that can be removed somewhat to aid us. If it was endo why didn't he do anything doing the lapro to remove the mass? The first ever time I was diagnosed with adeno, I was given pictures of the mass in my womb walls. It was literally inside the walls which is why there is no cure for adeno except for pregnancy or menopause or hysterectomy. He misdiagnosed me in the worst possible way. A doctor who thinks adeno = endo is the worst kind of male doctor there is. It is unforgivable to jerk me around when time is already not on my side. He literally wasted 3 years of my aging womb's life.

Ok end of rant heh thank you all you kind sisters for your help and advise and prayers. I pray for each one of you and wish you tons of baby dust.

Went to Kkh today for a bt. Unfortunately its a bfn. I kinda had a feeling la. Sigh but it still feels crummy. I guess its back to the drawing board for me and hubs. I'm seriously thinking of going to the TCM and getting my body sorted first before we attempt our last fresh.

This is going to be long. If you ladies don't mind, I just need to get a load off my chest about our doctor who's been handing both my cycles. To sisters who are new and going to Kkh, pls avoid Dr cc khong like the plague. Don't be dumb like me and continue with his sub standard service. For my last fresh I'm going to a different doctor.

*hugs* Don't give up ok.

The doctor does sound terrible. He should tell you that you have endo if he found that out during the lap. And if he does confuse endo with adeno, that's even worst! And 5 mins consultations are terrible. *sigh* I hate it when the doctors cannot put themselves in our shoes and instead take advantage.

Please do change dr. I think there are several good ones at KKH right? Or you can try PC Wong at NUH.

*hugs* Don't give up ok.

The doctor does sound terrible. He should tell you that you have endo if he found that out during the lap. And if he does confuse endo with adeno, that's even worst! And 5 mins consultations are terrible. *sigh* I hate it when the doctors cannot put themselves in our shoes and instead take advantage.

Please do change dr. I think there are several good ones at KKH right? Or you can try PC Wong at NUH.
Thanks dear. I'm going to request for HH Tan or Tan Chiam Chye. If they don't allow me to change, I'm going to NUH as you suggested. Its demoralizing when its already so tough to get pregnant with the added stress of a lame doctor haha I'm just going to take it easy and not get sucked into depression.

From day 1 that I've gone for ivf back in early 2013, I've advised this doctor that I was diagnosed in 2011 by Kkh with adenomyosis. He was attentive at first and was patient. He did a few blood tests for me and hubs, sperm test for hubs, countless ultrasounds and finally a laprascopy. All this was done in the span of a month. As time went on, he got more abrupt with answers and seemed impatient when I asked questions. Waiting to see him is usually more than an hr and his consult lasts 5 mins. I pay $90 each time just for consultation.
I still don't know what he did during the laprascopy. Tbh, I feel he didn't do anything and did a $6000 procedure just to look-see and to waste our money.
Throughout 2013 he did a couple more tests and we finally did our first fresh in 2014. That failed and we did another just recently which failed again.

I am not blaming him for failures but I do blame him when prior to the ivf I bring up that my periods are agonising now and I've large clots of blood every month. And instead of trying to fix my adeno, he brushed me off and said "that's not our concern now." It was so frustrating I remember crying on hubs shoulders while waiting to pay for yet another unneeded blood test. All this time I've been doing my own research and I was the one who asked him to recommend me for the long protocol for this cycle. I really doubt he does any additional research to help us. I know we're not paying him the sky but for $90 each consult to be told, everything looks fine is ridiculous.

Today was the final straw. I went for my BT and then went to administration to request for my medical reports so I have something to show a TCM and hopefully they understand the issue and help me. The nurse while checking through my medical history said "you don't have adeno, you have endo." Imagine my surprise that my 'fantastic doctor' diagnosed me with endo in 2013. I tell you ladies, my blood was boiling. I wish I had endo, at least that can be removed somewhat to aid us. If it was endo why didn't he do anything doing the lapro to remove the mass? The first ever time I was diagnosed with adeno, I was given pictures of the mass in my womb walls. It was literally inside the walls which is why there is no cure for adeno except for pregnancy or menopause or hysterectomy. He misdiagnosed me in the worst possible way. A doctor who thinks adeno = endo is the worst kind of male doctor there is. It is unforgivable to jerk me around when time is already not on my side. He literally wasted 3 years of my aging womb's life.

Ok end of rant heh thank you all you kind sisters for your help and advise and prayers. I pray for each one of you and wish you tons of baby dust.
What's adeno and endo?
So you have adeno or endo?
If the dr misdiagnosed u, will u be able to erm.. Raise this issue / complain to the hospital head of whatever? Or at least the dept head?
Do u have any frozen embby left?

Good luck gal..stay positive!

Thanks dear. I'm going to request for HH Tan or Tan Chiam Chye. If they don't allow me to change, I'm going to NUH as you suggested. Its demoralizing when its already so tough to get pregnant with the added stress of a lame doctor haha I'm just going to take it easy and not get sucked into depression.
THH and sadana are both good. Take a break and start afresh. Jia you.

Yes, take it easy and don't be demoralized. Perhaps go for a short holiday and enjoy first before starting a new cycle. :) Then for your new cycle, maybe your new doctor will be able to provide better support etc! Jiayou. Don't give up!

What's adeno and endo?
So you have adeno or endo?
If the dr misdiagnosed u, will u be able to erm.. Raise this issue / complain to the hospital head of whatever? Or at least the dept head?
Do u have any frozen embby left?

Endo is when the endometrial tissues go to other parts of the body eg, ovaries, pouch of douglas etc.

Adeno is similar but the endometrial tissues go to the muscular wall of the uterus.

Both are different though.

Thanks ladies. As always the support here is phenomenal. And it has honestly gotten me though tough time both cycles. Yes endo and adeno are different, doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to identify especially if a lapro was done. Its seriously crap. The monthly pain is almost not worth to have a womb. Almost. Heh
@dreams unfortunately I don't have any more embys frozen. That was my one and only. I had a recent fresh cycle done and there were no eggs despite a month long jabbing fest. I don't know if my doctor was just bad at retrieval or I really had eggs that were not retrievable. They did a BT during stim and said there were eggs. Again question marks everywhere and that's what I hate. Now I'm going to be proactive and make changes to everything. All the answers here really opened up my eyes and have educated me far better than my lame doctor ever did.
@jkoh are you with THH or sadana?

Thanks ladies. As always the support here is phenomenal. And it has honestly gotten me though tough time both cycles. Yes endo and adeno are different, doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to identify especially if a lapro was done. Its seriously crap. The monthly pain is almost not worth to have a womb. Almost. Heh
@dreams unfortunately I don't have any more embys frozen. That was my one and only. I had a recent fresh cycle done and there were no eggs despite a month long jabbing fest. I don't know if my doctor was just bad at retrieval or I really had eggs that were not retrievable. They did a BT during stim and said there were eggs. Again question marks everywhere and that's what I hate. Now I'm going to be proactive and make changes to everything. All the answers here really opened up my eyes and have educated me far better than my lame doctor ever did.
@jkoh are you with THH or sadana?
I know how it feels.. Some lame dr just make us roll our eyes. But I heard in kkh, the main dr doesn't scan or review the patient? And there's a panel or dr who will get involved in the case? Is it true?
In nuh, my dr scan and review me personally though I know they do group discussions prior the start of the ivf journey

I know how it feels.. Some lame dr just make us roll our eyes. But I heard in kkh, the main dr doesn't scan or review the patient? And there's a panel or dr who will get involved in the case? Is it true?
In nuh, my dr scan and review me personally though I know they do group discussions prior the start of the ivf journey
Hmm good question. Lame doctor reviews before the actual ivf. Calls for extra BT or scans. During ivf I don't see him at all in the ivf centre except during retrieval and transfer. There are doctors in the ivf centre who reviews and recommends. I think most times I see Dr sadana there but there's always an additional doctor who does the talking more.

In nuh, your doctor goes through ivf scans and reviews it with you? That actually sounds great

So sorry Sueism. Fingers crossed for next round. My obgyn diagnosed me with Adeno after the birth of my fist child, apparently giving birth can bring it on. My obgyn in Singapore and my fertility specialist don't seem to think it's a problem when trying to conceive via Ivf. I'm a bit sceptical though. I went and saw a dr at virtus and he didn't even know what I was talking about when I mentioned Adeno. It might have been because I bombarded him with info though.

Last edited:
Hmm good question. Lame doctor reviews before the actual ivf. Calls for extra BT or scans. During ivf I don't see him at all in the ivf centre except during retrieval and transfer. There are doctors in the ivf centre who reviews and recommends. I think most times I see Dr sadana there but there's always an additional doctor who does the talking more.

In nuh, your doctor goes through ivf scans and reviews it with you? That actually sounds great
For me, the visit is usually very fast. Go into the room, get ready and wait for the dr. He scan scan, say out the values, nurse write down, then go to the desk to write notes and prescription. U can ask him if there's any questions.. I usually don't ask a lot of questions. Prescription wise will have to go to another clinic to collect meds

Think telling ur mom is good... sometimes have u need the additional emotional support. With all the injections, our hormones also become haywire... so mom support is advisesable. However, if ur mom is the type that stress yout instead, then better not.. hehe.

Yes that's what I thought so too. At least she can be my pillar of support.

I have discussed with my hubby and we intend to tell my mom only after the surgery :)

So sorry Sueism. Fingers crossed for next round. My obgyn diagnosed me with Adeno after the birth of my fist child, apparently giving birth can bring it on. My obgyn in Singapore and my fertility specialist don't seem to think it's a problem when trying to conceive via Ivf. I'm a bit sceptical though. I went and saw a dr at virtus and he didn't even know what I was talking about when I mentioned Adeno. It might have been because I bombarded him with info though.
That's the sad thing about what we have. Adenomyosis isn't as widely known nor believed by most doctors here. Its pretty frustrating when the US has procedures like laser to take care of adeno without damaging the womb.
Yes I read that adeno usually happens to women who already have children. Unfortunately I'm a minority who got it despite never being pregnant. Its like drawing the short straw. No one can explain how it comes about and thats fair I guess. What pisses me off tho is the level of non sympathy I get from doctors when I tell them about my agonizing monthlys. Its literally like labor pains monthly. And maybe tmi but i give out chunks of clots every month. I have had to change my pad like almost every hour. I rely on bengay and neurofen to get me through. I get only 2 weeks of pain free in a month. Can drive anyone nuts.
And to top it off, there are doctors online who believe it causes infertility and its harder to conceive even with ivf. And then there are doctors who believe otherwise. So here I am, with 2 cycles failed and if its not the adeno then its unexplained and that's probably worse haha
Well I'm going to see a TCM soon and hopefully give it 6 months before I try again.
Hope your adeno isn't crazy painful babes

For me, the visit is usually very fast. Go into the room, get ready and wait for the dr. He scan scan, say out the values, nurse write down, then go to the desk to write notes and prescription. U can ask him if there's any questions.. I usually don't ask a lot of questions. Prescription wise will have to go to another clinic to collect meds
Ooh ok. I will definitely explore the option of nuh. Thanks for the info hon!

Grading of embryo is given by how it looks like superficially I feel and Shd not decide the success wholesale. I trsf 2 grade 5 embryos at d3. Dun worry so much, your womb will be the best place for the embryos to grow. Have faith. When's ur bt?

Thanks for ur assurance. My bt still long way to go. 28 sept..

Hi!

I transferred grade 4 & 3 (both @ D3), succeed now pregnant with twins (w19) too

So don't be overly-stressed over the grading
It's just to determine how they look that give them the grades

Thanks @Faith-bb , hope i have the same luck as you. Pray pray. Thanks for motivation! Happy and healthy pregnancy to you.

That's the sad thing about what we have. Adenomyosis isn't as widely known nor believed by most doctors here. Its pretty frustrating when the US has procedures like laser to take care of adeno without damaging the womb.
Yes I read that adeno usually happens to women who already have children. Unfortunately I'm a minority who got it despite never being pregnant. Its like drawing the short straw. No one can explain how it comes about and thats fair I guess. What pisses me off tho is the level of non sympathy I get from doctors when I tell them about my agonizing monthlys. Its literally like labor pains monthly. And maybe tmi but i give out chunks of clots every month. I have had to change my pad like almost every hour. I rely on bengay and neurofen to get me through. I get only 2 weeks of pain free in a month. Can drive anyone nuts.
And to top it off, there are doctors online who believe it causes infertility and its harder to conceive even with ivf. And then there are doctors who believe otherwise. So here I am, with 2 cycles failed and if its not the adeno then its unexplained and that's probably worse haha
Well I'm going to see a TCM soon and hopefully give it 6 months before I try again.
Hope your adeno isn't crazy painful babes

I have both endo severe stage and adeno also. And yes, it took me years before I was diagnosed with endo. Terrible cramps. Some ppl thought I have low tolerance of pain! Tsk. I was diagnosed with adeno last year and the periods were worst since then. I so know how you feel, they just say to take the painkillers. Last month mine was so terrible, I needed 6 synflex before it was fine. *sigh* but we just have to take it in our stride.

I think is initially was positive HCG on blood test, but on ultrasound cannot detect sac.

So means if BT is positive, also cannot be happy yet :(, until bb heartbeat is detected.. but not sure how many more weeks after 2ww will that be?

Spent the whole morning in kitchen, prepping lunch and dinner.. distracting myself from 2ww.

Hi dear, am sorry to hear abt the negative results (big hugs) and your terrible experience with this particular kkh doc.
Frankly I'm not familiar with him. I didn't manage to find his name here http://www.kkh.com.sg/services/women/kkivfcentre/Pages/Home.aspx
(scroll to the bottom for a list of ivf doc and their respective designation). I would opt for docs from the top of list down, esp if you are going for your last fresh. Sometimes, having an experienced doc also play an important role in our journey. My OPU and transfer (required sedation in my case) are more complex as I have a high riding cervix so technically very challenging. I feel more reassured if I'm in experienced hands. All the best dear.

I have both endo severe stage and adeno also. And yes, it took me years before I was diagnosed with endo. Terrible cramps. Some ppl thought I have low tolerance of pain! Tsk. I was diagnosed with adeno last year and the periods were worst since then. I so know how you feel, they just say to take the painkillers. Last month mine was so terrible, I needed 6 synflex before it was fine. *sigh* but we just have to take it in our stride.
Lol low tolerance for pain. I tell you those with adeno and endo have probably higher levels of pain endurance haha. Definitely have to take it. Tbh I get my neurofen from Australia. I always buy in bulk when I'm there and sneak it back in. Local neurofen does nothing.

Hi dear, am sorry to hear abt the negative results (big hugs) and your terrible experience with this particular kkh doc.
Frankly I'm not familiar with him. I didn't manage to find his name here http://www.kkh.com.sg/services/women/kkivfcentre/Pages/Home.aspx
(scroll to the bottom for a list of ivf doc and their respective designation). I would opt for docs from the top of list down, esp if you are going for your last fresh. Sometimes, having an experienced doc also play an important role in our journey. My OPU and transfer (required sedation in my case) are more complex as I have a high riding cervix so technically very challenging. I feel more reassured if I'm in experienced hands. All the best dear.
Thanks dramaqueenie. I appreciate it. The scary thing is the lame doctor is a very senior doctor. I guess seniority there is the length of service and not an indication that he's good. I did see his name in some forums and the ladies there also warn against him. I shld have ran when I could. That was totally my fault. High riding cervix? Man I read you had to be sedated for the transfer. Hope all's well dear.

So means if BT is positive, also cannot be happy yet :(, until bb heartbeat is detected.. but not sure how many more weeks after 2ww will that be?

Spent the whole morning in kitchen, prepping lunch and dinner.. distracting myself from 2ww.
Not too sure abt that. Maybe another 2 weeks post BT then go for scan?

Ah the 2ww is the most frustrating and boring time. But its also a hopeful time. Good luck in your 2ww, I'm sure you'll be fine! Babydust to you

Back