IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi,
Was told by my gynae that I am not suitable to consume DHEA, hence decided to sell away.
Expiry: March 2017.
DHEA-25mg (90 capsules)-Brand new.

Location to deal: Sengkang, Serangoon, Promenade, Chinatown, Dhoby Gaut MRTs
did she mention why not suitable?

hi all..need some advice. i had two miscarriages. 1 at 5 mths as bb lost heartbeat n 1 recent one where it was a blighted ovum. learnt from many ladies here if there's one thing they could do..its to freeze their eggs when they were younger. im 32 n intend to try naturally till 35. but im thinking to freeze me eggs now in case i need ivf at 35. can i do so? costs involved? me n dh are undergoing tests for our recurrent miscarriages. only consolation is we have a cute lil girl conceived by accident when we were newly weds. its been tuff with the 2 heartbreaks. would appreciate views and helpful advice on freezing eggs now. thanks much!

I'm doing fet. Not fresh cycle.
He says nothing I need to do, But just continue with folic acid

Then I check with him on taking DHEa. He says that is more suitable for ppl with Low ovarian reserve.But I have many eggs But quality bad.so he says not really suitable as it's not meant to significantly improve egg quality. N he told me taking dhea will cause pimple outbreak
he asked me to take dhea during my last consultation w him, he also mentioned i have eggs but still want me to take, think it is due to my age then :) but i stop taking le as i decided not to use my own eggs le....hope no impact on this.

hi...would appreciate some advice here. had 2 miscarriages...1 at 5 mths n 1 blighted ovum.undergoing tests for recurrent miscarriages. have 1 lovely girl before the miscarriages. thinking of freezing my eggs now for use at 35 for ivf cos i intend to try naturally from 32 to 35. saw from this forum that some ladies wished they had freezed their eggs when they were younger. wld be grateful for any advice n views on costs and lab to do this. thanks much!

hi all..need some advice. i had two miscarriages. 1 at 5 mths as bb lost heartbeat n 1 recent one where it was a blighted ovum. learnt from many ladies here if there's one thing they could do..its to freeze their eggs when they were younger. im 32 n intend to try naturally till 35. but im thinking to freeze me eggs now in case i need ivf at 35. can i do so? costs involved? me n dh are undergoing tests for our recurrent miscarriages. only consolation is we have a cute lil girl conceived by accident when we were newly weds. its been tuff with the 2 heartbreaks. would appreciate views and helpful advice on freezing eggs now. thanks much!
sori, dun think we are allowed to freeze eggs. Sori, any idea what is the cause of your loss?

Last edited:
Crayoncin: SG doesnt allow egg freezing, only embryo freezing. Egg freezing is only allowed due to severe medical reasons such as the lady needs to undergo cancer treatment. In your case it may not be likely to hv your eggs freezed but you can ask the doctors.

Sorry to hear of your loss. If you are actively trying, hv you considered doing a natural IUI? (Apologies if you hv already tried that).

If you are considering ivf, younger is better than older. 32 is better than 35.

I'm on jab for 3 days and I've becme moody, sensitive abt wat ppl comment abt me n I cnt stop crying. Is this normal?
Speak to your doctor. I am sensitive to puregon. Get all sorts of bad dreams but no issue with gonal F. So speak to doctor. Or just tahan a few days if you want to hold on for one more week. As another sister mentioned, everyone response to the meds differently.

hi...would appreciate some advice here. had 2 miscarriages...1 at 5 mths n 1 blighted ovum.undergoing tests for recurrent miscarriages. have 1 lovely girl before the miscarriages. thinking of freezing my eggs now for use at 35 for ivf cos i intend to try naturally from 32 to 35. saw from this forum that some ladies wished they had freezed their eggs when they were younger. wld be grateful for any advice n views on costs and lab to do this. thanks much!
Not in Sg for "healthy" women. Maybe Msia can do that?

I also had 2mcs similar to yours. Good luck.

I love your story Sj! I am ANA positive as well and am taking aspirin and jabbing myself with heparin daily. So nervous abt tomorrow's fet. I want this to be successful so badly cause 2 miscarriages is enough! I don't want another. :(

Gd luck to u...don't worry too much on Ana. I was only on aspirin during pregnancy. My Ana n anti ro did not disturb my bb. B4 I noe I was preg, I hardly on aspirin, only take when I remembered. All the best n bb dust to u!

Hi babydreamer I'm ok. Too ok without any symptoms only cramps on and off. Today is my 10dp2dt.

Wondering if BT can be earlier to be this week as I'm packed with morning meetings next week. My scheduled beta is on the 18... Took too many time off le.

How are you? When will ur beta be? Jia you ya! :)

thanks much for advice. my 1st miscarriage at 5 mths was conceived thru iui. i was too distraught at that point in time to do any tests on my bb. on hindsight that was a Bad decision. for 2nd one its due to chromosomal abnormality. im waiting to receive the detailed results of the checks. i was reading on dato colin n that gave me some hope n the inspiration to do egg freezing. i thot of doing ivf now but my hubby is not for it. thats why i thought of freezing my eggs. looks like i have to see my results from the detailed investigation n talk to my gynae. if worse comes to worse...we will go msia then. Thanks much for all advice. n may we all have our babies at the end of the day! :)

thanks much for advice. my 1st miscarriage at 5 mths was conceived thru iui. i was too distraught at that point in time to do any tests on my bb. on hindsight that was a Bad decision. for 2nd one its due to chromosomal abnormality. im waiting to receive the detailed results of the checks. i was reading on dato colin n that gave me some hope n the inspiration to do egg freezing. i thot of doing ivf now but my hubby is not for it. thats why i thought of freezing my eggs. looks like i have to see my results from the detailed investigation n talk to my gynae. if worse comes to worse...we will go msia then. Thanks much for all advice. n may we all have our babies at the end of the day! :)

@crayoncin, instead of getting your eggs frozen in Malaysia (unless you also want to do your IVF in M'sia), I think it is easier to have your eggs fertilised into embryos and then frozen in a hospital in SG. You can then do a FET at a time that you want, as the embryos can be stored up to 10 years.

As per my gynae is more suitable for women who are 40 years and above.
Dr SF Loh (TMC) recommends to his patients who are in their 40s for their IVF.
any idea if i am taking blackmore pre-conception sufficient? try not to take dhea as afterall it is hormone pill?

Kymkym, IMHO, basic prenatal may not be adequate for many ladies who hv trouble conceiving. Most of us here top up with other supps depending on what we think we need more of.

But if you r firm on not going another fresh and look for donor eggs instead, then your focus is to make sure your womb and body is as healthy as can be. Fresh green leafy veg, fresh fruits, proper meats/proteins and lots of water & exercise cant go wrong. And cutting down sweets and caffeine.

You decided liao not to go for another fresh? I remember you had quite a few eggs just didnt hv good ones from fresh #1?

Kymkym, IMHO, basic prenatal may not be adequate for many ladies who hv trouble conceiving. Most of us here top up with other supps depending on what we think we need more of.

But if you r firm on not going another fresh and look for donor eggs instead, then your focus is to make sure your womb and body is as healthy as can be. Fresh green leafy veg, fresh fruits, proper meats/proteins and lots of water & exercise cant go wrong. And cutting down sweets and caffeine.

You decided liao not to go for another fresh? I remember you had quite a few eggs just didnt hv good ones from fresh #1?
ya...decided le...afterall considerring my age (41), no faith with my eggs and wori it will affect implantation and health of embryo (baby). try to cut down caffeine by only take 1-2 cups of coffee/ tea le. or shld i just give up completely? it is an expensive investment....i am wondering shld i stop dhea? cos i wori it hormone pill harm body or not.

Hi babydreamer I'm ok. Too ok without any symptoms only cramps on and off. Today is my 10dp2dt.

Wondering if BT can be earlier to be this week as I'm packed with morning meetings next week. My scheduled beta is on the 18... Took too many time off le.

How are you? When will ur beta be? Jia you ya! :)

im 12dp2dt. beta is this friday...very nervous..

Mich u not from kkh? 19dp3dt is so long!! on average i think kkh is D17/18.

do u get additional support in btw apart from the inserts?
Yes, fr KKH. Dunno why this round they give me so long. Thinking it maybe bcos my ET was planned to be 5dt but had to do it earlier. Or maybe just that D17/18 is Saturday and Sunday so they push it to Monday.
No additional support other than cyclogest and progynova. Why you ask this?

Yes, fr KKH. Dunno why this round they give me so long. Thinking it maybe bcos my ET was planned to be 5dt but had to do it earlier. Or maybe just that D17/18 is Saturday and Sunday so they push it to Monday.
No additional support other than cyclogest and progynova. Why you ask this?

oh D17/18 means is your 14dp3dt or 15dp3dt which is tmr or thurs? cos both times i was ask to go bt on either 15dp2dt or 16dp2dt.

oh i thought yours so long if pte sure have additional support plan.. if its kkh, dun have...

oh D17/18 means is your 14dp3dt or 15dp3dt which is tmr or thurs? cos both times i was ask to go bt on either 15dp2dt or 16dp2dt.

oh i thought yours so long if pte sure have additional support plan.. if its kkh, dun have...
Sorry, I meant 17dp/ 18dp3dt. Definitely longer than what I recall others have. Dunno what's the reason at all.
Yeah no additional support.

How are you feeling now? Any symptoms?

ya...decided le...afterall considerring my age (41), no faith with my eggs and wori it will affect implantation and health of embryo (baby). try to cut down caffeine by only take 1-2 cups of coffee/ tea le. or shld i just give up completely? it is an expensive investment....i am wondering shld i stop dhea? cos i wori it hormone pill harm body or not.

kymkym, you should continue taking Dhea.
One of the mummies here took for a few months b4 her IVF and she managed to conceive via IVF.

I have a stupid question to ask.... will drinking a lot of warm water affect stim jabs? I have been drinking a min. of 3 litres of warm water a day because office super cold like freezer. will too much warm water so call wash away or dilute the stim jabs?

I asked my gynae (private) about how many days of HL given for ER and he told me 2 or 3 days rest is enough... but based on what you gals given by KKH is min. 2 weeks?

Last edited:

Back