IVF/ICSI Support Group

Any idea is the cost similar between Thomson n kk , other than consultation fee? I have been taking tcm for 1 yr plus but it dun work on me. I am considering egg donor if process can cut short.
Thomson sf loh consultation is not that expensive,i went once only though. Ivf is ard $14k for sf loh,kkh i not sure as i not at tt stage yet. Hmm..1 tcm doesnt work does not mean other tcm dun work for u. There r some tcm tt sis recommend here like ban choon,dr que n tsb. Dun give up yr own eggs first,give it 3 more mths n see how..jiayou

Can I use medisave in private hospitals like Thomson. Somehow I feel that younger egg give a better baby. ...but of course there are exceptional like fann wong..I am 41

Can I use medisave in private hospitals like Thomson. Somehow I feel that younger egg give a better baby. ...but of course there are exceptional like fann wong..I am 41

Definitely younger eggs have better chance. I feel don't give up on finding a donor if you're already determined to carry a baby. At the same time find alternative help to improve your egg qualities. We never know what nature will bring to us.
Do you have sisters or relatives who might be able to help on eggs?

Nil. There isn't any. Dun know what isthe criteria to select donors? Like blood group? Not able to find unless go overseas

One more thing kymkym,

Perhaps you can ask for DHEA from the doctor. I am not sure if it helped me but I took it for abt 2 months before my 2nd IVF. There could be other reasons why I find my 2nd ivf better though. My medications were completely different. Sometimes, we react better to some medications than others. So even if you decide to stick to the same doctor, she might prescribe you a different set of jabs.
Going private has its perks. I find that it is more customised for me as compared to when I did with KKIVF. I had more scans, more blood works to monitor my progress. The downside is that it costs a bomb. I prepared myself financially by saving a bit more every month and setting aside my bonus for this. Good luck and whatever choice you take, I am sure it will be worth it.

I have 4 blasto waiting for me. At the moment, I am a little scared to put them in. I worry about having another miscarriage. I got an appointment with SGH at the rheumatology and immunology dept to see if I can get help when I am pregnant. I don't want private care for my condition cause I want to avoid the financial stress if I can help it. Work is also crazy at the moment. I'm getting my 8 year-olds ready for their first major exam in school and taking care of 30 girls (and their parents) is tough. So timing is not right.

We all have worries, doubts and stresses. Talk it out and seek different opinions. We won't lose anything. I learn a lot and the ladies here have been amazing. They are kinda like virtual friends who understands what you are going through. hehe

One more thing kymkym,

Perhaps you can ask for DHEA from the doctor. I am not sure if it helped me but I took it for abt 2 months before my 2nd IVF. There could be other reasons why I find my 2nd ivf better though. My medications were completely different. Sometimes, we react better to some medications than others. So even if you decide to stick to the same doctor, she might prescribe you a different set of jabs.
Going private has its perks. I find that it is more customised for me as compared to when I did with KKIVF. I had more scans, more blood works to monitor my progress. The downside is that it costs a bomb. I prepared myself financially by saving a bit more every month and setting aside my bonus for this. Good luck and whatever choice you take, I am sure it will be worth it.

I have 4 blasto waiting for me. At the moment, I am a little scared to put them in. I worry about having another miscarriage. I got an appointment with SGH at the rheumatology and immunology dept to see if I can get help when I am pregnant. I don't want private care for my condition cause I want to avoid the financial stress if I can help it. Work is also crazy at the moment. I'm getting my 8 year-olds ready for their first major exam in school and taking care of 30 girls (and their parents) is tough. So timing is not right.

We all have worries, doubts and stresses. Talk it out and seek different opinions. We won't lose anything. I learn a lot and the ladies here have been amazing. They are kinda like virtual friends who understands what you are going through. hehe
Yup, Virtual friends who offer support n at times strength! :)

hi all :) did ET this morning. only 2 embryos made it out of 5. so doc transferred both in. However one of the embryo I noticed looked like a 2 cell embryo. Anyone transferred a 2 cell on day 3 transfer & got a bfp? Just curious

Hi Redvel, I believe in Miracle. Esp when I conceived unexpectedly after a failed IVF cycle, is possible,

Dun give up baby step. Nothin is impossible.

Yup thanks Sunbelle.

For those whom had done FET, what was your lining measurement when you were given the green light to proceed?

Hi ladies, for the BFN review, what will be discussed? What questions shld i be asking? I am just worried that i miss out on impt qns. My doc is quite quiet. If i dont ask, he might not tell me much. It happened during the first few visits, he keep asking if i have things to ask him.

Ok thanks sunbelle. My lining was 8mm too when i had trigger shot for my fresh.

whmc, actually if nothing bothers you then don't need to ask too much; just let doc plan what's next for you. Sometimes the little we know, better it goes =)

If I will to seek another dr advise or to go to another dr while still seeing kkh, what kind of report should I get from kkh so that I need not spend time n money to do test n scan again? Hiv blood test results/scan result before ER n after ER? Sufficient?

When I switched to private, my doc wanted to know mainly the medication given and the sizes and number of follicles. He adjusted accordingly. As to blood tests, I had one every alternate days to check if the hormones and on for me. Doc said it must correlate to the scans.
I didn't get a report from kkh. I got the nurse to simply write on a piece of paper the info I needed. It was good enough for my current gynae.

Hi everyone. Its been almost a year i didnt get in here. I had a fail cycle of ivf late last year and it definitely bring me down so much. Only now i have the strength to go through it again. Probably i hope too much for miracle. Hubby was diagnosed with azoospermic and the only way to conceive is ivf still i hope god create miracle along the way. We are left with 2 more tubes of sperm that means i have 2 more chance of ivf cycle. (Extracted from hubby through surgery). I went to Dr Tan HH from KK but somehow there is a gut in me to move to another gynae. Any recommendation? I just wish for the next cycle to be successful.

Hi dhealina, I am with KKH but I read many ladies share that SGH or NUH offers closer monitoring on IVF patients. Maybe you can consider that (and also the transfer of the sperm samples).

dear sister, sorry out topic a bit. can I check with you all, if company buy insurance for us, is it insurance agent can trace our record eg do ivf using medical from cpf before? because I do not declare in the declaration form as is very p&c issue. v sienz..

Hi do you mean you're using company insurance to help subsidise your ivf? I don't have a definite answer but I'm pretty sure they can and they also have the right.

How do you use your company insurance so far? For me i submit receipts and the receipts always reflect it's from assisted fertility at kkh.

hi redvel, , actually is company buying for us, and we need to fill in a declaration form. but, I din declare anything, just tick "no" for all haha..I dun feel like disclose cos once tick yes, they will ask further more I think. but a bit worried if they discovered, will they tell company.

[QUOTlittlems, post: 7484681, member: 168448"]Hi kymkym, when I switched from kk to thomson, I just asked my gynae at kk to print out all my reports ever done there (eg blood tests, SA, scans) and brought them to Dr Loh.[/QUOTE]
But I did not want to give up at kkh yet just to seek other dr advice. Also can?

So so disappointed that af came even before scheduled BT. Went in for early BT, still pinning on that tinnyest hope, but negative result was confirmed. Sep is a sad month for me, both 1st and 2nd cycle.

missyserene yup! they will definitely return your call :) I called the other day and no one answered, but they did return my call later on the same day

Missyserene, kk ivf will return your call as I called them before twice and didn't managed to get them. No worries as they call back within the same day. Could be they are busy as understand that mon usually hectic for them

Anyone know of anyone getting a negative hpt on 12dpd3t and still get positive on their beta? Me just clinging on to this last hope

Hi Archie7, thanks for the info. 5-6 packs is for 1 person and can last one month right? Haha, read abt her "pms"... quite scared go there and let her scold as I always ask qns. Alr so stressed then see her more stress... Lol. I was doing accupuncture at Thomson, don't think it helped me since I had 3 failed cycles. But I think it helped my general health and insomia.

Hi @littlems, 5-6 packs is for 1 person (at least from my personal experience). How long they can last depends on your frequency in taking them, but one month is about right. For tiao-ing and TTC purposes, you typically consume 1 pack for 2 days, rest 1 or 2 days, and then consume for 2 days and so on. TSB will give you specific instructions on which days to take the medicine, which days to rest, and she will give you enough medicine until your next appointment.

I actually think TSB is okay in terms of temperament. I have encountered much worse TCM drs. with PMS issues, haha. They will ask weird questions like "Why do you bother to look for me if you have already decided to do IVF?" or say unpleasant things like "You are not ready to do IVF yet. You need to tiao for some time first. I can't work on you while you do IVF!" Turns out all these things they asked/said were redundant, as my experience with TSB showed. TSB never reprimanded me for doing IVF at the same time that I consulted her, and she was willing to work with my IVF schedule to adjust the herbs to suit the cycle. She proved the other TCM drs. I saw wrong. Turns out I was fine with doing both TCM and IVF at the same time! I'm grateful to TSB for her diligence in this sense. And of course I didn't rebut her when she wanted to take the full credit for my BFP-ing on my 2nd fresh cycle. It is okay to ask questions. She seems to like patients who have confidence in her skills and treatments. Tell her you heard many good recommendations about her on the internet and that you trust her to do the best for you. She likes to receive praise from patients and she will then be nicer to you. I have been seeing her regularly for close to a year and I think she is bearable so far, and very much worth the effort for a baby. :)

I agree with you that acupuncture seems to help more with relaxation but less on fertility. Maybe Dr Zou's acupuncture works magic as many sisters here recommend her. But the acupuncture I did when I was in Sydney presumably for fertility didn't help me.

Acadia i hope you'll feel better soon. We all understand how you're feeling now...

Looking forward to seeing you bounce back with a vengeance again.

thanks revel, tzac, connie hopeful.
May I know does other hospitals use other stimulation med besides gonal-f? NUH both times i had gonal-f, but 2nd cycle i had pergoveris on top of gonal-f, so dosage had increased. but still not many eggs. just wondering if a change of med will be more effective?

May I know does other hospitals use other stimulation med besides gonal-f? NUH both times i had gonal-f, but 2nd cycle i had pergoveris on top of gonal-f, so dosage had increased. but still not many eggs. just wondering if a change of med will be more effective?
Acadia, when was pregoveris administered?

I'm still waiting for my moment so can't tell if the change of medicine does do me good. My first ivf was puregon. 2nd was gonal f and saizen. The first i ain't got frosties but 2nd has. I'm with KKH.

Acadia i hope you'll feel better soon. We all understand how you're feeling now...

Looking forward to seeing you bounce back with a vengeance again.
was really tearing on and off yesterday and today. yes will continue to try...am mopping the floor with vengeance now since i cannot do much else now

Back