IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies..

No baby dust frm me..

After being in and out for this forum for almost 2 years.. I think this time is really goodbye from me..
Done 3 fresh cycles, no frozen embies..

Wonder if I will ever get to be a mum..

All the best to you ladies and wish u all a BFP soon!
Babysteprainbow,hugs. Since doc says still got chance for u to conceive naturally,maybi you can try tcm for u n yr hubby to tiao your body. Some sis managed to get e bb dust with tcm.

Hugzz bsbysteps.....we were iui cycle buddies in dec 2011 i think. The journey is a roller coaster ride but you have to have faith and move on... like u said u have an advantage of age..still considered v young thus can try natural. Pcos and sperm issues are not considered big hindrance to conception. Many sisters have conceived with even serious issues. Me a good example...never thought could strike but 2nd ivf miracle happened. I strongly urge tou to try TCM Albert Que at Tangshan. Many ivf sisters conceived natural under him. For now rest well and take it easy.

Although did not put in hope but am wondering how is my one and only embryo progressing. ...supposed to ET tomm. Will they call me if appt cancel?

Last edited:
Kym you're with kkh right? Which dr are you with? I do not have experience on this but I think they should call if it's to be aborted. What time is your schedule tomorrow? But I hope it's the warrior embie you're having there.

Tomm 1020am. Kkh -dr veronique. I notice that this dr always like to waste our time by making us to travel all the way but just to say something which can be done over phone call

Tomm 1020am. Kkh -dr veronique. I notice that this dr always like to waste our time by making us to travel all the way but just to say something which can be done over phone call

Sometimes it is best to discuss face to face instead of using phone call...doctors need to manage emotions sometimes too o guess...

Whatever it is, it beats waiting for 2 hours and later learning that your doc is on leave but the nurse still go ahead and book appt... :S

Hugzz bsbysteps.....we were iui cycle buddies in dec 2011 i think. The journey is a roller coaster ride but you have to have faith and move on... like u said u have an advantage of age..still considered v young thus can try natural. Pcos and sperm issues are not considered big hindrance to conception. Many sisters have conceived with even serious issues. Me a good example...never thought could strike but 2nd ivf miracle happened. I strongly urge tou to try TCM Albert Que at Tangshan. Many ivf sisters conceived natural under him. For now rest well and take it easy.
Mesara you are preggy? Congrats girl
Sorry for late since i am not following the thread closely

@littlems, I don't go to Dr Zou but I can tell you a bit about TSB. TSB does not do acupuncture, unlike Dr Zou. She prescribes TCM medicine to be boiled for drinking, and according to the sisters here, so does Dr Zou. If I remember correctly, TSB charges about $30+ for 1st consultation and $20+ for subsequent consultations. The medicine is expensive; mine usually costs about $90+ for 5 - 6 packs. Lastly, TSB does not believe in acupuncture so if you visit Dr Zou as well, don't let TSB know or else may kena scolding!

Hi Archie7, thanks for the info. 5-6 packs is for 1 person and can last one month right? Haha, read abt her "pms"... quite scared go there and let her scold as I always ask qns. Alr so stressed then see her more stress... Lol. I was doing accupuncture at Thomson, don't think it helped me since I had 3 failed cycles. But I think it helped my general health and insomia.

Littlebam I'm in my FET cycle and waiting for AF to clear. Will then make bazhen soup once. Then also take chix essence alternate days. Stop tea/coffee. No cold food nor drinks including liang fruits and salads. Take pig stomach soup if you dare. Also LRD tea. And one of the important things is try to sleep early. Go easy on the intake if you're heaty base.

Btw, kkivf has increased prices for ivf. One of them for example is the annual fee on embie freeze. I wonder if other hospitals are so too.

Littlebambam, taking heaty or cooling food depends if you are heaty or cooling. I would say be cautious and dont take too much if you dont know which type you are yet. Perhaps a consult with a tcm? Most tcm will be able to tell you right away..

some are cooler than others who are cool. Some are heatier than others who are heaty :) tcm is meant to rebalance your body but if we do it wrongly we might set the dial in the wrong direction.

Hi ladies..

No baby dust frm me..

After being in and out for this forum for almost 2 years.. I think this time is really goodbye from me..
Done 3 fresh cycles, no frozen embies..

Wonder if I will ever get to be a mum..

All the best to you ladies and wish u all a BFP soon!

Hi babysteps... Hugs... Don't be discourage & continue hoping for a miracle. Have heard stories of ladies conceiving naturally when they least expect it even after going thru many rds of failed ivf/IUI... This is a miracle I'm also hoping for myself. Most importantly is to stay healthy and continue hoping. Jiayou and all the best to u :)

Can I know after a FET how many days later you'll be scheduled for BT? Say for blasto transfer. So we can ask for HL till BT right?

Short protocol means no down regulation the month before (eg the lucrin, suprafect jab taken around cd21 of the month before month of ER). Short protocols work perfectly well for some ladies, and it is usually recommended for the ones w lower hormonal levels as some times thw down regulation (which is to "quieten" the hormones to prepare for the body to react to the stimulation jabs) causes some ladies to react poorly to stims, ie, over suppressed. You go straight to stim at d2 or d3 of ivf cycle month.
Actually, I think otherwise. I have lots of follicles, and hormone-ready, react too well to medication (2 ivf short cycle, with just 150 stimulation, I had about 20 eggs), doctor thinks think I surely have hyper-stimulation if I'm on long cycle. My next cycle will be short too, with growth hormone. Just that have to wait till Jan as SGH is full till year end. My ER estimate to be 2nd Jan, I'm so worried that the doctor might be on holiday and hasn't be back yet.

Can I know after a FET how many days later you'll be scheduled for BT? Say for blasto transfer. So we can ask for HL till BT right?
Redvel i am with nuh and they said fet will be given hl until bt, how many days for blast i am not sure. Oh btw, i checked with prof transfer day will also depend on how many days your embryo is

Hi straw i was preggy in may and had a miscarriage in june. That was my 2nd fresh.
Hi mesara sorry for your lost, but the fact that you manage to conceive is a very good news, you are with dr que right? I am with him too now. Does he grade you before you start the program?

Hi ladies, I was supposed to embark on our ivf journey this month but we decided to give one last shot in August and we hit jackpot. I am now 7 weeks but still haven't pass the crucial first trimester. I want to encourage all of you not to give up and stay positive. Consult a tcm to tiao your body. We are indeed v lucky and I would like to spread bb dust to all of u embarking on ivf journey. I have a box of immunocal and a big bag of brazil nuts to give away. Pls pm me if you are interested. Collection at sengkang mrt.
Jia you ladies!

Redvel i am with nuh and they said fet will be given hl until bt, how many days for blast i am not sure. Oh btw, i checked with prof transfer day will also depend on how many days your embryo is
Thanks straw. Mine has to buffer for culturing. My 5 embies are d2. They are going to be thawed and cultured to blasto.

Usually for cyclogest (spelling like wrong??) how many days before transfer need to be inserted?

Hi ladies, I was supposed to embark on our ivf journey this month but we decided to give one last shot in August and we hit jackpot. I am now 7 weeks but still haven't pass the crucial first trimester. I want to encourage all of you not to give up and stay positive. Consult a tcm to tiao your body. We are indeed v lucky and I would like to spread bb dust to all of u embarking on ivf journey. I have a box of immunocal and a big bag of brazil nuts to give away. Pls pm me if you are interested. Collection at sengkang mrt.
Jia you ladies!
Momocrv, congrats on your pregnancy, happy for you. I always wish to strike naturally, but so far no news. If you dont mind, can you share with us reason of your planning to embark ivf?

Momocrv, congrats on your pregnancy, happy for you. I always wish to strike naturally, but so far no news. If you dont mind, can you share with us reason of your planning to embark ivf?

Hi straw 1, I had a ms last year. No heartbeat but waited till 10 weeks to do d&c after that nothing happened. We went back to nuh to consult the docs and they ask us to consider ivf due to my age, coming to 40 next year. We married late after that we wasted alot of time doing other things and not considering starting a family. So we last year when i got pregnant suddenly we were ecstatic but sadly the pregnancy didn't last. The last couple of months I went to see a tcm and he managed to help me tiao my body back in good health. He encourage us to try naturally thus I have been postponing my ivf for 3 months already but Sept I die die have to start my nor-e and stimu in Oct as I am turning 40 in jan next year. So we tot ok heck with all the ovulation kit, temp taking and just hantam one last time and we hit jackpot. We are v lucky not just the bfp but to have found my current tcm who help us. I was seeing another tcm but after taking her meds my cycle went haywired and I stop after 2 rounds. After reading thru one of the sis journey in this forum and her recommendation with the tcm doc I decided to try him. I hated the waiting time at the first tcm doc, makes me v stress just queuing and waiting but with the current one the longest I have to wait is not more than 20 mins and his meds are tailor to ur body condition and brew into liquid not the powder type. I think some of the sisters here are seeing him too. So don't give up ladies! Good luck to all of you!

Hi straw 1, I had a ms last year. No heartbeat but waited till 10 weeks to do d&c after that nothing happened. We went back to nuh to consult the docs and they ask us to consider ivf due to my age, coming to 40 next year. We married late after that we wasted alot of time doing other things and not considering starting a family. So we last year when i got pregnant suddenly we were ecstatic but sadly the pregnancy didn't last. The last couple of months I went to see a tcm and he managed to help me tiao my body back in good health. He encourage us to try naturally thus I have been postponing my ivf for 3 months already but Sept I die die have to start my nor-e and stimu in Oct as I am turning 40 in jan next year. So we tot ok heck with all the ovulation kit, temp taking and just hantam one last time and we hit jackpot. We are v lucky not just the bfp but to have found my current tcm who help us. I was seeing another tcm but after taking her meds my cycle went haywired and I stop after 2 rounds. After reading thru one of the sis journey in this forum and her recommendation with the tcm doc I decided to try him. I hated the waiting time at the first tcm doc, makes me v stress just queuing and waiting but with the current one the longest I have to wait is not more than 20 mins and his meds are tailor to ur body condition and brew into liquid not the powder type. I think some of the sisters here are seeing him too. So don't give up ladies! Good luck to all of you!
Momocrv may I know which TCM did you consult and how long have you consulted him? Thanks.

Sorry to hear that kym.

I hope whatever you plan next will bring you your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Hi everyone,

I'm very new in this forum. I got married last year Dec and trying to have bb soon as I'm not young. Unfortunately my gynea in SGH say that I've endometriosis, 2 fallopian tubes are block and enlarge uterus too. Recently Doc in SGH given me a jab call triptorelin (Decapeptyl) and my ivf program will start in Dec. I'm kind of worry becoz I've no idea how's the program going to be. Will the progress be very painful during the hormone jab and extract of the egg etc. I need advise from everyone.

Should I seek opinion from another hospital (I booked appt to see dr loh at Thomson fertility ) n should I consider a change of dr within kkh?

Hi everyone,

I'm very new in this forum. I got married last year Dec and trying to have bb soon as I'm not young. Unfortunately my gynea in SGH say that I've endometriosis, 2 fallopian tubes are block and enlarge uterus too. Recently Doc in SGH given me a jab call triptorelin (Decapeptyl) and my ivf program will start in Dec. I'm kind of worry becoz I've no idea how's the program going to be. Will the progress be very painful during the hormone jab and extract of the egg etc. I need advise from everyone.
Hi cutelady,sorry that u got to go through ivf..

ivf process is not as scary as it seems. I went through a fresh cycle once. E jabs are ok as e needles are fine (for me i am on jab gonal f previously, its like a pen with a fine needle,not sure abt other med like puregon n menopur how is it like). U will jab for ard 10 to12 days,depending on yr doc and egg simulation progress.you dun feel much as it is injected in e tummy where our most fats is. Extraction of eggs u will be under 'knocked out" state,when wake up,e pain is ok but maybi will cramp for 1 to 3 days. Egg transfer will be like pap smear. Dun worry to much on e process,if we can go through it, u can too :)

Should I seek opinion from another hospital (I booked appt to see dr loh at Thomson fertility ) n should I consider a change of dr within kkh?

Kym first u see Dr. Loh and ask about his suggestions.

In kkh if u change the doc also I think the same protocol they will follow.

If u feel promising after talking to dr. Loh then listen to ur heart and change hospital.

I called up kkh after long wait. My embryo is not surviving. My transfer is cancelled
Sorry to hear that..
Maybi u can try multivits n another tcm for 3 mths n see how. Cos i read somewhere that our eggs takes 3 mths to regenerate.
If choosing kkh change doc n dr loh,i think maybi u can go see 2nd opinion at dr loh n see wat he says. He can maybi prescribe u dhea (some studies shows it improve egg quality) n multivits. Dun think kkh will prescribe multivits if u didnt ask them

Last edited:

Any idea is the cost similar between Thomson n kk , other than consultation fee? I have been taking tcm for 1 yr plus but it dun work on me. I am considering egg donor if process can cut short.

Back