IVF/ICSI Support Group

While at the operating theatre waiting yesterday, I chatted with another lady under dr THH.
She had done ivf before (fresh n frozen). Did bfp from it. She said she had frozen spermies and eggs. But not embies. Her last bfp was from her thawed eggs.

I didn't ask too much but wondering under what circumstances one will be asked to freeze the sperms and eggs but not having fertilisation first then freeze?

Hi I have a 3dt. When can I start to use HPT to test? Tdy is my 9 day after transfer. Having signs of backache... Not having a good feeling abt it...

Knottie - hugs... Sorry.

Yea did my BT ytd and it was a negative as expected. I'll be going for another try probably sometime next year.

We jiayou together okie! :)

Hi Summerreef, sorry to hear about it. Hugs.. Please take care and take this time to tiao your body for the next cycle. Jia you! ! All the best for your next cycle.

Hi I have a 3dt. When can I start to use HPT to test? Tdy is my 9 day after transfer. Having signs of backache... Not having a good feeling abt it...

Hi tsf0205, I think the earliest to test is from day 11onwards? If you test too early, the result may not be accurate. For myself, I tested on day 13.

Are you on any jabs?

If yes, better not to test. Scare might not be accurate.

For me, I didn't test. Only did a BT.
Didn't want unnecessary stress ...

Thanks babyoscar. What symptoms u had after transfer?

I had camps on and off. The cramp was most intense on the 5dp3dt. Also had headache and backache on and off. Another thing is I keep waking up in the middle of the night to urine.
The symptoms can be confusing as its very similar to menses. So don't think too much. Jus continue to stay positive!

Yup.. Be positive and zen...
I try not to think so much..

(But I blogged dw, since I can be quite forgetful)

Good for future reference.. :p

I had camps on and off. The cramp was most intense on the 5dp3dt. Also had headache and backache on and off. Another thing is I keep waking up in the middle of the night to urine.
The symptoms can be confusing as its very similar to menses. So don't think too much. Jus continue to stay positive!

Hi i have been a silent reader of this thread n just did my 2nd medicated FET... i hv been getting similar symptoms as babyoscar and tot i could bfp. Did a BT at kkh this morn n it turned out neg... the nurse asked me to stop the medication to let my menses come... i had no spotting or what so i tot i hv better chances this time... kinda sianz that it turned out this way... i am under Dr Tan HH and seeing tsb too... sigh...

Are you on any jabs?

If yes, better not to test. Scare might not be accurate.

For me, I didn't test. Only did a BT.
Didn't want unnecessary stress ...
Hi faith-bb, I'm not in any jabs. The only diff with my 1st and this cycle is that I had my endo cleared. Somehow dunno y I still have backache symptoms.... I used to have backache before reporting of af and I tot it was caused by endo...

Hi knottie,
I also same AF really came 1 day n gone, I et two embryo n now successful with one, how many embryo u had et? Don't give up hope.....its still too early to do the hcg now......

Hi Doremon21 may I know on which cd you went for 1st BT and what is the reading? My BT is today 13dpo, but I went on 11dpo and it is below 2, consider bfn, doctor advice me to continue insert and go for 2nd bt today, but I don't have courage to go for it today.

While at the operating theatre waiting yesterday, I chatted with another lady under dr THH.
She had done ivf before (fresh n frozen). Did bfp from it. She said she had frozen spermies and eggs. But not embies. Her last bfp was from her thawed eggs.

I didn't ask too much but wondering under what circumstances one will be asked to freeze the sperms and eggs but not having fertilisation first then freeze?
usually medical reason.. eg. she may hv needed to go for chemo or radiotheraphy so egg banking to ensure the ovaries are not damaged by the chemo.

Ya evening slot is horrible wait, I tried once n surrender .I always choose 1plus timing, b the 1st few to See her.
Btw I only took her herbs till er. I did told her my concerns that I dun want disrupt my 2ww, she was fine w it but prefer I start taking 2nd week 2ww which I didn't follow. Really up to u cos last cycle I bfp without taking her herbs but short lived. So she understand how I feel. This cycle when spotting on bt day , she sent me home immediately to brew her an tai yao after taking my pulse.

Hi dolly, is the brewing method for tsb an tai yao same as her other med? Ie brewed twice and mixed together to form 2 bowls and leave 1 bowl for next day?

Hi faith-bb, I'm not in any jabs. The only diff with my 1st and this cycle is that I had my endo cleared. Somehow dunno y I still have backache symptoms.... I used to have backache before reporting of af and I tot it was caused by endo...
I do have backaches during the 2ww on-off and even now from time to time

So it seems normal and might not just be due to endo?

Perhaps you can do a test on National Day if want to know before BT.
By then you will be 13dp3dt right?

I do have backaches during the 2ww on-off and even now from time to time

So it seems normal and might not just be due to endo?

Perhaps you can do a test on National Day if want to know before BT.
By then you will be 13dp3dt right?
Hi faith, national day is 11dp3dt....
I have on and off backaches. Tdy backache quite persistent. Feels like no hope. My first cycle also have this symptoms and fail...

It's v depressing... 1st and 2nd cycle, I only have 2 embryos. I did so much this cycle... Take tcm, go acupunture, do endo scratch and on max dose of Ivf stims... It'll be very upsetting if I dun succeed again...

So much time and money spent on this... Y so difficult to have a bb on my own !

Tsf0205 ttc journey is indeed tough especially for ART patients like us. I put aside ivf for a bit partly I'm wary of higher disappointment. But as the saying goes: you'll never know if you never try.

To me i have learnt that ivf is no guarantee either. Despite doing more like tcm, supps etc. I know this is cliché to say....we just have to wait for our time.

Nevertheless I hope all these symptoms you're getting are the good ones. I hope the best for you.

Stim jab starts on cd2 or 3. At kkh, when your af arrives, call kkivf. They will ask you what time your flow starts and then will advice you when to go down for first scan.

Hello, can someone advise on the short protocol process - when does all the jabbing starts to ER?
Short protocol is relatively fast

Usually on D2 will start stim (puregon/gonal-F)
D5 to start another jab (Orgalutran) to inhibit ovulation I think.
Scan will take place maybe at D7.

ER take place around D10.
ET @ D12.

Faith your first scan happened on d7? My first scan started on D2. After that at least twice a week I have scans.

Faith your first scan happened on d7? My first scan started on D2. After that at least twice a week I have scans.
Forgot to add, D2 has scan
Then start stim @ D2

Next scan at D7

This was the short protocol for my first fresh.
The second cycle is a long protocol. :)

Hi i have been a silent reader of this thread n just did my 2nd medicated FET... i hv been getting similar symptoms as babyoscar and tot i could bfp. Did a BT at kkh this morn n it turned out neg... the nurse asked me to stop the medication to let my menses come... i had no spotting or what so i tot i hv better chances this time... kinda sianz that it turned out this way... i am under Dr Tan HH and seeing tsb too... sigh...

Hi lydialovely, I know how you feel. This ivf journey is definitely not easy. Some people may take a longer time to succeed than others. So don't give up. As long as you are willing to keep trying, I believe you will get ur BFP one day. Have a good rest and try again when you are ready. Jia you and take care!

Thanks faith-bb. Any difference you felt other than more jabs?
You mean between short and long protocol?

Duration longer
More JABS! :p

Started with Lucrin to control hormones
Gonal-F for follicles
Saizen for growth hormones

But outcome good coz succeed, so I don't mind the jabs

:)

Hi lovelylydia,high five man,no spotting and I was so relieved,and raised hopes much higher.but negative,and fell even deeper. Sigh. Sucks hor :( but no spotting did at least give me some peace of mind. Oh well. We must hang in there yah :)

Hey can I check,for sisters w tsb,do u all have pimple outbreaks? And do her herbs make u v Heaty??

i find her rather unfriendly to me and she poured cold water saying that I m so Heaty,and if she were an embryo she won't wanna stay in me. True enough I failed that cycle. Just thought what she said was v unneccessarily meanz! Hate it! But seems like she is rather nice to some sisters,strange. Anyone has similar experience?

Hi lovelylydia,high five man,no spotting and I was so relieved,and raised hopes much higher.but negative,and fell even deeper. Sigh. Sucks hor :( but no spotting did at least give me some peace of mind. Oh well. We must hang in there yah :)
Yeah... i am glad i had no spotting... previous 2 rounds my AF came before the BT dates... yeah we hv to jia you together!!

Hey can I check,for sisters w tsb,do u all have pimple outbreaks? And do her herbs make u v Heaty??

i find her rather unfriendly to me and she poured cold water saying that I m so Heaty,and if she were an embryo she won't wanna stay in me. True enough I failed that cycle. Just thought what she said was v unneccessarily meanz! Hate it! But seems like she is rather nice to some sisters,strange. Anyone has similar experience?

Her herbs do make me heaty but i dun hv pimple outbreak... i cut down on fried food and drink even more water on those days i am taking the herbs... i feel that she is just trying to make u understand ur body better... so dun take it too seriously. :) She is quite nice to me and i will try to ask her qns to understand my body better.

u ignore her bah, she is like tat de. when i see her all these while, she v gd n nice w me till i told her i gng fet she starts to be agitated n pour alot cold water on me n walk out of the room too! haha. just tk the herbs n ignore bah.

Ya TSB gave me the feeling that she doesn't quite approve me going for ivf. The min she heard it her face changed. Even tho this round I bfp and went back to her for an tai yao she also didn't congratulate me. All in all I don't find her friendly. I just take her herbs for health and baby sake.

Saw many sisters go to TSB for her herbs.
Are her herbs very gd?

Anyone goes to Dr Zou for acu n take her herbs instead? Wanna hv acu prior to my fresh cycle and think it will be easier if i juz take her herbs instead of gg to TSB for herbs.

Also i read TSB herbs need to brew ownself while Dr Zou ones come in powdery form? Correct?

I went to Dr Zou for Acc twice after ET. Said to help with implantation. :)

Didn't visit her before start of cycle (trying not to stress myself)
:p

Yup.. Dr Zou's med is powder form
Mixed with warm water will do.

If the embryologist is gd, shldnt be an issue. dun worry too much, one step at a step bah. Worry will only stress urself more :)
Suppose to go HK day after my BT, hub said look at positive side now you can walk already. And it may be a blessing in disguise, cos now is lunar 7th mth.

I went to Dr Zou for Acc twice after ET. Said to help with implantation. :)

Didn't visit her before start of cycle (trying not to stress myself)
:p

Yup.. Dr Zou's med is powder form
Mixed with warm water will do.
Hi faith-bb, how do u find Dr Zou? Did u bfp that time when u went for accu under Dr Zou? I am thinking if i shld go for accu in my next cycle... n switch from tsb to Dr Zou... any ladies can help me do a comparison between the 2 tcm docs?

I tik tcm is really individual. I have seen some ladies gg accu w dr zou n taking tsb herbs. It's really up to ur preference..

Back