IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Lilpeanut, good morning. Sadly I have none to freeze this cycle. Only 2 beautiful blasts on day 5 while 3 still need to culture to day 6 to see if they grow into blasts but they didn't grow further. I think my quality isn't that good. Doc is surprised that I have 2 blasts. She even suggested putting in only 1 blast in case of twins but we decided to go ahead with 2. Now hoping at least 1 beanie is sticky.

My 1st fresh only 6 fertilized so transfer on day 3. The thing with culturing to blast stage is that we might end up with nothing to freeze like my case.

ya, i also surprised u have none to freeze since u got 12 fertilized eggs! but 5days blast is really a risk. THH not suggest me to do this on my 1st fresh as i have 9 fertilized eggs, ended up i did 2dt 2embryos (failed) and i have 6 to freeze..
dont worry, yr beanies will listen to u and stick tightly! jiayou^^

@sunflower44 & @Hope42014.. Thank you... ^^

@sunflower44.. Jia you.. Baby dust to you!!... So far any symptoms to you??

Have gone to BT this morning ard 815am... Collected my Frozen Embryos Report... Was inform 1 cannot make it so left 4... The 2 insert in me is grade 4.... Now I'm back to work...
Have 4 frozen Embryos..
1 Grade 5
2 Grade 4
1 Grade 3
Have received call from KKIVF ard 955am asked me to go and collect medicines...

Baby dust to all of you!!

congrats pupnui!! :)
may i ask how early do u feel e cramp? any other symptoms?
im now only 5dp2dt already feel the 'pressure' and cramp.. wonder if its due to the insert..

@pupnui , do free update us yr TWW symptoms chart.. what kind of food / supplement u taken..

@lilpeanutxx... I did not have any supplement taken.. Just only folic acid every day..
Never take special food, only avoid cooling stuff & veg and cold drink and also my fav Chilies...
My fresh milk I must leave outside till room temp then I drink... Other than that I nvr avoid anything..

Congrats Pupnui!! Grabbing your baby dust.

Today is my 5dp5dt. No symptoms so far. Not even bloatedness which causing me to worry.

Anyone BFP without any symptoms?

Tks you @pinkdoll...
Don't worry so much... If not symptoms of spotting mean is good... Have a good rest as these few days is very important ya... Cos is implantation...
for your info.
Saw this from one of the main forum abt after ET..
This is what happens in a 2 day transfer:
1dpt...Embryo is growing and developing
2dpt...Embryo is growing and developing
3dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
4dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
5dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
6dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
7dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
8dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & foetal cells
9dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
10dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
11dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
12dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

This is what happens in a 3 day transfer:
1dpt...Embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & foetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

This is what happens in a 5 day transfer (blasts):
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & foetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

I took at kkh during my 1st fresh. Other centers didn't ask me to do

hmmm... i was also asked to go for sonohysterography next after our first visit.
i got e impression it was a routine test along with blood samples & hub SA test so i din question why.
i read e attached brochure & it was stated to access suitability for IVF so this is actually NOT a routine chk?
im with KKH btw.

on a sidenote, congrats to BFP mtbs & jiayou to those in 2WW. :)

hmmm... i was also asked to go for sonohysterography next after our first visit.
i got e impression it was a routine test along with blood samples & hub SA test so i din question why.
i read e attached brochure & it was stated to access suitability for IVF so this is actually NOT a routine chk?
im with KKH btw.

Hi dramaqueenie, just did the SIS procedure today. Dr Tan ordered the test for me to check my womb lining as I had reduced menses after the lap last year to remove fibroids. He was worried that there are adhesion inside the womb that may cause reduced menses. And today I during the procedure I thought I heard the doc said there are adhesion. I tried to ask further but they say will wore report to dr tan. Haii troublesome if really have adhesion. But at least he ordered the test for me to do and not waste effort on my next round of ivf.

I also heard the radiologist assistant said suddenly so many request to do SIS. Haha maybe it's all the patient under dr tan.

Hi dramaqueenie, just did the SIS procedure today. Dr Tan ordered the test for me to check my womb lining as I had reduced menses after the lap last year to remove fibroids. He was worried that there are adhesion inside the womb that may cause reduced menses. And today I during the procedure I thought I heard the doc said there are adhesion. I tried to ask further but they say will wore report to dr tan. Haii troublesome if really have adhesion. But at least he ordered the test for me to do and not waste effort on my next round of ivf.

I also heard the radiologist assistant said suddenly so many request to do SIS. Haha maybe it's all the patient under dr tan.
Hi hopeful13, sorry but did u mc b4? Cos I also hav reduced af and checked with dr tan if I need to do any checks, he says no need leh unless I mc b4 which may injure the lining...mmm

hi hopeful 13, is sis painful? how much is it and how long is e procedure? did they remove e adhesion for u in e same procedure? and during proc, its under ga?

U can ask for a report to be sent to you. So u will know before seeing dr tan. Pte patients, free.

I hv done the procedures a no of time. One will Even show me the images taken on the screen!

Last edited:
hi all.. I'm really new to this blog n being a mum to be.. Im going thru IVF soon. Taking Dydrogesterone to kick start my period now - day4. Hopefully period to come on 13th July, then i can start the other med Microgynom for 21days. I know i need to do my own Lucrin jab on day 16th ( 28th July ) but.. does anyone know when do i need to go down for my scan? Coz i need to make my flight arrangement, i don't live in spore anymore :(

@Letmebmama.. then how are you going to go for ER and ET? You are flying off after scan? How about your 2ww? Are you going to stay in Singapore?

Hi.. I'm planning to fly down spore for the scan n stayed in spore. I still have my flats in AMK which is not a problems. But jus wondering when to come down… also can we choose our baby gender?

Hi.. I'm planning to fly down spore for the scan n stayed in spore. I still have my flats in AMK which is not a problems. But jus wondering when to come down… also can we choose our baby gender?

If you are on long cycle, you probably need to get scan on your AF day 2, 10th day on Lucrin, DAy 6 on stim inject, day 9 and day 11 then ET and ER... that's for SGH... maybe you can let us know where you are doing your IVF?

Im new here, so not really clear with all those shortforms stands for… sorry :( Promise ill learn fast hahahah.

ER - egg retrieval
ET - embryo transfer
AF - Menses
STim - Follicle Stimulation injection/drugs
long cycle - 10-14 days of lucrin only then another 9 - 12 days of stimulation + lucrin
short cycle - 10-14 days of lucrin + stimulation

If you are on long cycle, you probably need to get scan on your AF day 2, 10th day on Lucrin, DAy 6 on stim inject, day 9 and day 11 then ET and ER... that's for SGH... maybe you can let us know where you are doing your IVF?

Long cycle, i think, coz I'm on the 21days tablets & lucrin injections on day 16th. I'm doing at KKIVF.

KKIVF will do first scan on the 4th day of your coming mense.. then maybe another 4 days later to see the follicles.. after which scanning will decide by the Dr on the next scan depending on the follicles growth.

ER - egg retrieval
ET - embryo transfer
AF - Menses
STim - Follicle Stimulation injection/drugs
long cycle - 10-14 days of lucrin only then another 9 - 12 days of stimulation + lucrin
short cycle - 10-14 days of lucrin + stimulation

Thanks :) Thats helped hehehe…. i think I'm on short cycle now , coz i only have 1 bottle of lucrin, which i need to inject on the day 16th.

I think you are on long cycle. One bottle of lucrin will last 28 days. I am on long cycle and lucrin start on day 16 till Mense till retrieval of embryo.

Hi hopeful13, sorry but did u mc b4? Cos I also hav reduced af and checked with dr tan if I need to do any checks, he says no need leh unless I mc b4 which may injure the lining...mmm

Hi lainelaine, no I never mc before. But I did remove polyp and fibroid inside the womb so dr tan is concern if the procedure left adhesion inside me. I think if mc did d&c before then maybe he will order the test.

hi hopeful 13, is sis painful? how much is it and how long is e procedure? did they remove e adhesion for u in e same procedure? and during proc, its under ga?

Hi connie_hopeful, the procedure is not painful. Only a bit of mild cramp when they inject the saline. But it's very very mild cramp. Procedure is almost similar to HSG. Procedure is very fast plus abdomen ultrasound is about 15-20mins. I paid as pte patient and cost about $220 plus and they don't remove the adhesion as the instrument used is only the vaginal scan and the tube that infuse the saline into womb and there is no GA involved.

im with KKH btw.

I guess that is a procedure by kkh. Because I did mine at kkh too. Went novena care n sgh no such requirement

Hi Everyone.

I am a new member to this forum though I have been a silent reader for a while. I just started the ivf process at KKIVF (short cycle) with Dr Sadhana and am on day 4 of stim. injections. I am on Gonal-F. I have gone through a failed IUI and SO-IUI earlier this year. Hubby and I have been married for 5 years and we are both 31 this year with no known fertility issues on my end. Hubby has sperm motility and morphology issues though Dr Sadhana thinks its not severe enough to prevent natural conception so she has classified us as an unexplained infertility case.

Looking for cycle buddies and also for any tips that you may be willing to share. Would also like to wish all of you the very best with the fertility treatments.

@Letmebmama, about choosing the baby gender, this was something I asked Dr. Sadhana at KKIVF. My hubby has 4 out of 5 maternal nephews (sons of his male cousins; his cousins' mothers are sisters with my mother-in-law) who are autistic. So we were worried that there might be an autism "gene" from my hubby's mum's side of the family that skipped my hubby's generation but that is now showing up in the next generation. Unfortunately, it was illegal to choose baby gender for IVF and Sadhana said there is no evidence that autism is hereditary or that it affects only boys. However, if you're looking to choose baby gender because you or your hubby has a "faulty" gene that may affect your offspring of a particular gender (usually boys, like sickle cell anaemia or fragile X syndrome) and you can provide proof of the genetic testing, then check with your doctor if they can make an exception to your case. It seems that for all other reasons, choosing baby gender is not allowed for IVF in Singapore. All the best on your cycle!

Hi connie_hopeful, the procedure is not painful. Only a bit of mild cramp when they inject the saline. But it's very very mild cramp. Procedure is almost similar to HSG. Procedure is very fast plus abdomen ultrasound is about 15-20mins. I paid as pte patient and cost about $220 plus and they don't remove the adhesion as the instrument used is only the vaginal scan and the tube that infuse the saline into womb and there is no GA involved.
oic,any difference between hsg and hysterography? a bit confusing..its to do either 1 rite ad e purpose is to acceas blocked tube and adhesion?

Back