IVF/ICSI Support Group

Baby,

Actually i also not sure what that insurance is for but its a requirement at KKH, based on no. of embryos transferred. Ya, have 3 embies and 1st IVF. I was given impregnyl jabs to jab. I asked to learn and bring them back to jab myself, like lucrin/puregon so wont be going back to KKH unless bloodtest.

Petals,

I transferred 3. Sure hope i can keep at least 1!

Hi Ladies,
Dr called yesterday and 8 eggs has been fertilized out of 16 follicles. Hope they are fertilizing well over the weekend so that i can bring 2 back tmr! Praying hard that everything will goes on smoothly tmr and well taken care under God's hand.

Maplebabies,
Congrat on your 3 little ones inside you now, take care of them and rest well. I will join you in 2ww tmr.....

Theresa,
Congrats that you've 8 fertilized eggs, all the best for yr ET tomorrow! God bless!

MapleBabies,
At least you have 3 embryos...that's gd enough. Hope you have a gd rest during yr 2ww and may yr 3 embryos develop into 3 precious babies.

Petals,
Ya this is my 1st time so many things not too sure, luckily got this forum, at least i can ask here if i've any question.

R you coping well with the injections? I have already passed the injection task to my hubby, find this arrangement better for me. We are still figuring out how to jab so that it will be less painful..have been following the 90 degrees as what the nurse taught. Sometimes, wonder did she forgot to tell me any trick to make it less pain cos the nurse who taught me that day was the quite new one. If you know, share with me ok?
happy.gif

Nano,
I'm ok with the injections so far. Did not notice any side-effects from lucrin. Heng ah. I usually jab myself cos then I'll know when to expect the needle prick. Else if I get hubby to jab, if he kanchiong, I'll also feel kanchiong. But he does help me prepare my syringe. I pinch the belly area (approx 2 inches to the right/left of bellybutton, then move approx 2 inches down from there) and insert needle 90 degrees. The needle quite fine, so you should not feel much other than the initial prick. Then I'll slowly squeeze the plunger bit by bit, so that the lucrin doesn't surge all at once. I find this lessens the tingling feeling under my skin after I remove the needle. Just alternate on diff sides of ur bellybutton the next day. Most of the time there is no pain when I jab, except this morning when I must have accidentally shifted slightly when removing the needle, so had a small drop of blood.
happy.gif
Don't worry, u'll be quite experienced after a few more times at it. And the puregon needle should be the same size.

Theresa,
Good to hear that u have 8 embies...all the best for your ET tmrw!

Hi PL, not much cramps but feel heavy there and i dont really dare stretch too much. I been lying in bed all day too. That caused backache and stiff muscles so maybe i am numb to cramps as well.

Thanks Nano.

Hey Theresa, all the best! And do share your 2ww experience with me k?!

Petals,
Thks for sharing abt yr jab. For me, the nurse just tell me to place 2 fingers below the bellybutton, can jab anyway to the left or right of the bellybutton except directly below the navel bcos there got alot of nerves. I just learnt fr u that to better gauge the location, i shd also move abt 2 inches to the right/left of the bellybutton. Thks ya..will also try yr method to squeeze the plunger bit by bit.

Actually i jab myself for the first 3 days but find that always when i'm abt to poke the needle in, i'll hesitate..haa scare pain lah, so end up asked hubby to do till now lor..when he poke i will always focus my eyes somewhere else. You more brave than me hor.

So far i also did not notice any side effect fr Lucrin. Anyway,both of us "jia you" ok?

Btw, any other sisters here at Lucrin stage also?

Nano, Petal & Maplebabies,
Thank you for your well wishes, i will "jia you" and bring good news.....

Maplebabies,
Wow, really have to stay on bed whole day! Are we suppose to lay down flat, can we sleep side ways? I tend to toss alot during sleeping, dont know wheather can stay long in 1 position or not?
Did you shower on the 1st day of ET, i heard some says cannot..... better dont take risk, endure one day of stink!

Nano,
i think when I pinch the fatty area of my tummy below the waist, I will jab at the highest pt of the bulge. So 90 degrees to the skin there will also be 90 degr to my body. Maybe u feel more pain cos u are slim and don't have any fats there? Hee hee, cos i have more than enuf to cushion it...
lame.gif

PL, i think maybe u see wrongly lah. a 3 days embryo should be 4 cells. 5 days 8 cells. but over here, seldom do we practice 5 days cos dr is worry that they may not be able to survive thru. so normally we transfer in day 3.

all the best to all ladies in 2ww.. bring us good news so that we are motivated to go on... jia you jia you

dear gals

i am feeling so sick, been thorwing up and nausea since starting on BCP in June, and for whole July been having throwing up intermitently to the point of being hospitalised for a couple of days.

It seems that being on lucrin for an extended time (30 days and coutning) have also triggered a fibromyaglia flare which makes it a challenge to even wake up to go to work.

Fibromyaglia (FM) is a painful disease that affects the muscles and joints of the body, it's a chronic disease with no cure and the onset is usually triggered by trauma or surgery, it was traced back to the surgery for ectopic pregnancy done last year.

i am not sure why i am posting this, but at this point in time, at work, and feeling so sick, i really feel like giving up on this IVF program, even though it's just a few more days to ER.

from all the gals concerns about being healthy and taking care of yrself during the cycle - complete rest in bed, taking no other medications, going for accupunture, no work stress etc to increase your chances of a positive results just makes me feel i have no or very little chances of success since it;s impossible for me to adhere to any of the above.

sorry for the long post, but i just ahve to let it out.

Hee Petals, my tummy also got fat fat and also try to jab at highest pt of the bulge. But thank God tis morning, the jab not so painful, dunno issit bcos i try to hold my breath when hubby jab so that my stomach will not move when the needle is insert..Haa, wondering whether i sound silly ah. Anyway, practise makes perfect ya!

My AF reported today leow..1 day earlier than expected.

Babymaking,
Sorie to hear that you're not feeling well. You on Lucrin for 30 days??...that's very long? What abt yr Puregon shots?

Pls do not give up yr IVF prog, you are almost there already..compared to us who just embarked on the journey. Hang on!

Hi Theresa, welcome back! So how many embies u transferred? Yours is which day of embryo development transfer? D3? How many cells are your embryos? 2 or 4 or more?

Hey PL, should be even no. leh? Maybe you count the outer circle issit? Should be 1 big circle then smaller circles inside. Those inside are the cells i am referring to. Wonder ar Day 2 of embryo development, should be 2 or more? Any KKIVERs know?

Theresa, i also paranoid at first, lie flat then my back started aching, think lack of movement thus muscle stiffened. Not too good as well since no blood circulation. So i started lying on sides ocassionally. Should be ok since couging/sneezing wont force embies out, lying on sides shouldnt either.

As for bathing, i didnt bathe at all leh!!! From ET till now! Hubby already worry when i go pee, what more bathe. But luckily, in bed all day and in aircon room, so no sweat and no odour so far. kekekeke ... but i purposely went to hug hubby when he in bed, he will say "yuck yuck, dont hug me dirty gal" hehehehe ...

Oh no baby! Hang in there, why not take a few days off, even before ER just to rest? Rest is important so that follicles can grow and eggs can develop well. Hang on gal, it will be ER soon!

Nano, oh ya, thats what i did too. I breathe in and when hubby jab me, i breathe out so the pain is reduced greatly.

maple,

your hubby's reaction make me laugh...why didn't bathe? is there some reason for it?

can;t afford to take time to rest as work is busy - and i will be taking the full 2www off work, so have to clear as much as possible before going off.

is it really a must for CRIB (complete rest in bed) as i thought that a good circulation is required for optimal implantation?

nano
glad that you got started. yeah on lucrin for 30 days and now on 5th day of puregon. feeling quite lousy physically

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what's their operating time for Dr Zou at AMK ? I called afew time tis morning but it was conneted to fax machine.

Thks

2 all sistas

my embryo has make it! confirm i preg liao! had a terrible n sad 2ww. last wk thgt i din make it cos i had some bleeding. i went back 2 ask d nurse n she told me most likely i din make it.oh my god! was so devastated! then called my hubby n he ask me 2 make appt 2 c doc. was so sad d whole day! luckily seen doc n he said it implantation bleeding.so had 2 lie on bed whole day. if i rest it ok but walk 2 much it come back. now wat a relief!

2 all of u..must jia you! will have good news 2!hope can encourage all of u. must endure 2 fulfil our dreams of being parents!

hi ladies, so glad that most of you are pregnant through IVF. May i know the no. of tries before all of you got pregnant? Is it really true that IVF can only be done max 3 times?

Hi, All

I'm starting my IVF journal this Sept. Have heard many stories about how bad the jab can be & the many side effects.

I was just wondering is it possible to continue working once you embark on the IVF program?

Would appreciate your advise

thanks PL. had it day 8..it was just mucus stained.then day 9 i start 2 have some bleeding very light n then it continue like stain till day 14. i had hcg blood test done when i c dr loh. dat time quite low level.heard from nurse implantation take place from day 5 dat y need 2 check progesterone level on day 5.i was below level so had 2 increase 2 100mg instead of 50mg. had a difficult n hard 2ww,but luckily i got bloatness on n off which d nurse said it a good sign.

thanks PL. had it day 8..it was just mucus stained.then day 9 i start 2 have some bleeding very light n then it continue like stain till day 14. i had hcg blood test done when i c dr loh. dat time quite low level.heard from nurse implantation take place from day 5 dat y need 2 check progesterone level on day 5.i was below level so had 2 increase 2 100mg instead of 50mg. had a difficult n hard 2ww,but luckily i got bloatness on n off which d nurse said it a good sign.

babymaking,
Jia you...u are almost there...try to hang on for a few more days. You've been so brave to already come so far, don't let it go to waste. As for CRIB, I feel it's not necessary to lie down for 24 hrs. You can also sit and read at home...generally just sort of slow down your pace during 2ww and stay at home as much as possible.

maplebabies,
Just curious...Why cannot bathe har? I've never heard of it before leh...

Mika, CONGRATS!! Hope it be my turn soon!

Baby, Petals,

Can bathe lah. Its just that hubby and me very paranoid, wanted to stay in bed as much as possible, only get uo when need to pee so bathing was forgotten. When we realized, its already sun.

hi lily.

Dr Zou of AMK opens at abt 10am to 8.30pm
happy.gif

She is off on Wednesdays but can do acu on Wednesday evenings.

Mika,
Congrats! You've made it!

Lily,
Did u get the correct Tel no. 64560833. I got the same prob as you, last time when i called it was always connected to fax, afterwhich i realised that the tel no. posted by another sis got typo error.

Maplebabies,
My case just like you, only left with 3 better embryos so dr put in all, they are Grade 2 with 8 cells (1st grade is the best in GE). The rest is not fertilizing well so do not have any for freezing. Dr says because the quality of my eggs not so good but lucky my DH sperm is quite o.k so compromise it..... i was so sad the whole of yesterday but i just keep praying to keep my worries away.
Now got to keep my fingers crossed too and hope that God will bless me at least 1 baby!

I did not shower yesterday too but did it this morning, i think you abit kia su leh..... i also feel muscles and backache laying down flat so ocassionaly also change to side position.....

Babymaking,
DONT GIVE UP! All of us here experience different problems at different stage of IVF but we strive on, maybe you might have bad side effect on the drugs but at the end when you held your baby in your hand, you will know that it worth all these difficult time that you have gone through. JIA YOU!!!!! We are here to support one another.

Mika,
Congratulation! Take care and rest well in bed. Can i know how many embryos did you put in and what is the grade?

Hi all sister,
Anyone successed with not having the best grade embryos??? Worried.....

Mika,
Congratulations! I am with Dr Loh, but not yet ivf because hoping to conceive naturally after scoping...

Everyone,
Yesterday, i went for my first acu. Wow, the feeling is so wonderful... My CP started with my back because back ached after the scope
happy.gif

Gillian,
Is not that you can do a max of 3 times. Just that you can only use medisave for 3 times. After that everything is cash. Think i am the most unlucky one. I've done 3 long and 1 short protocol, but still no luck. I am still trying again.

Jessie,
Think we should be cycling at the same time. Except that I will try a natural cycle first. I was still working when i did my first 2 cycle. But then, I was with Chris Chen, he opens late into the night, so is possible for me to go after work. However, the next 2 cycle, I was no longer working and change to KK. DH did want me to go thru the stress from work and at the same time stress from the cycle. So I quit.

Mika, congras! so what is your HCG level?

Babymaking, DON'T, pls DON'T GIVE UP. As it is, we already need so much courage to go into IVF, whatmore you are alreay so near.... jia you okie !

thank u every1! now i rest as much as i can. getting mc from doc till i c him on 14 aug. my hcg level is 243 but d nurse said it ok..mayb i did 1 b4 so now d level is ok.

theresa: i put in 3 think mayb 2 grade 4 n 1 grade 3. i din really lie on bed whole day n i rem after putting in d embeies n rest 4 10min i rush 2 toilet cos very full bladder.ha..then i still bathe..i go out 4 meals till when i started 2 have bleed..then d rest of d days i really crib cos walk or move 2 much it will have stain..but i still drink red dates water everyday 2 improve blood circulation n warm my uterus.

Hi Hopes,
Thks for the information.
kao_smile2.gif

Hi Nano,
Bingo, call the wrong number. Thks
kao_sticktongue.gif

Hi Mika,
CONGRATS!!
kao_clap.gif

Hi Babymaking,
Don't give up, Jia You, Jia You
kao_wink.gif

hmm..i have some question. i rem some sista said hcg level must b above 250 but my is 243 n they din ask me 2 do again in other day. i rem when d nurse brief us during d initial stage she told me as long as more than 100 is considered preg. so now i a bit confused leh. when i did d 1st hcg on day 11 due 2 bleeding it was 58 n d nurse told me most likely it ve but still low level n unstable. now 243 d nurses said it ok..dun worry. so may i know is it differ from different pp?

Theresa,
Think of the bright side. Your babies now is growing in you... Don't let the grade affect you... You are doing fine... Now you need to optimise the implanation by staying less stress... reading comics will help...

theresa: nope. 4 kk d best is grade 5. my d best only grade 4.

dun worry so much on d grade cos we wont which 1 will make it.stay relax n talk 2 them it really works! cos u need a stable ground 4 them 2 hang on. dun worry u will make it.

like me.i thgt i din make it n become paranoid each time i go toilet yet they still make it
happy.gif

kao_welcome.gif

Gillian, I read from books that can try till age 45.

kao_welcome.gif

Jessis, it depend on your job scope.If there is stress from work, try to apply leaves and rest.

Hey Theresa, me too, suspect its poor egg quality or poor sperm quality or both maybe thats why only 3! KKH doesnt explain why only 3 fertilized or maybe i didnt ask. If this cycle flops, then i will ask Dr Loh in detail. But then again, maybe 3 is all we need from our Almighty Father. So that we wont have excess embryos and have to worry about wasting or killing lives? Anyhow, i thank God there is 3, at least 3 to begin with. I am also praying and hoping if not triplets, at least twins, if not twins, at least singleton. Hey, we should be around DPO5 rite? Meaning implantation should be near. I am getting excited but worried at the same time cos no symptoms leh. I only have backaches and stiff muscles but thats becos i lay really still in bed and subconciously, didnt toss too much at nite.

Baby, good to know that your ACU went well. When is your ER? We root each other on ok?! Dont give up. We are so near already! You have our support!
happy.gif

Hey MIKA!! Can share with me how to make red dates drink? Buy the red dates and put how many in a mug of hot water? Or boil them then pour into mugs to drink? If boil, how much water and how many red dates to put in?

I want to start drinking too! Hope to have good news like you! Have to get hubby to help me prepare today cos he is going back to work tomorrow.

maplebb: o i use 10 red dates just soak in hot water..cos i got thermoflask so i just pour hot water n red dates n soak 4 some times.after can drink liao..try 2 drink it warm not cold.
happy.gif

Back