IVF/ICSI Support Group

gals

i m pregnant
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
my hcg is 1858. e nurse said there s a chance of twins!

woo, i m really happy!!! still hav to cont with progesterone, but this time s tab not jab. wil go down to kkh tmr for my meds.

JR, jaslyn

thanks for ur six-sense n feelings for me. it's ture!
happy.gif

Hi weiwei

Congras! see i told you.... wish you a smooth 9 months.

Somehow my six-sense told me that all sisters here will make it one. Just a matter of time...heee

Weiwei! CONGRATS!!! U are my inspiration!

Me just started, this Thurs doing the 1st bloodtest and scan and maybe next week then start purgeon.

Hey, take good care ya?! So happy for you!!

Hi Weiwei,

A big congratulation and continue to have faith and trust in God and you will be blessed abundantly!!! Please take care and all the best to your next 9 mths and i hope that i will be able to give you the same good news next mth.

jas, PL, JR, orangedots, krmeow, jade, maplebabies

thanks, gals
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
surely wil take care of myself n baby/babies.

ya, all our sis here wil make it, t's just e matter of time. never giv up!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

theresa

thanks. ya, wil cont to pray n build up my faith with God again. i m sure God wil nt forget u n giv u good outcomes as well. jiayou!! waiting for ur good news!

krmeow

it's veri hard during these few days. take a deep breath. u wil make it, too.
happy.gif

Thanks Weiwei,

pls pass us some babydust!

We need that for our cycling!!!

Who else are cycling in July/Aug? I know Mapleleaves, Theresa? Anyone else?

I am only starting Lucrin jabs in mid July.

Thanks Weiwei. I pray God grants me my hearts' desires too!

Hi Jade, i am maplebabies not mapleleaves, kekekeke ... Cycling with me, i know are Dream, Snowball, Petals ... (geez, i only remember so little, gosh, memory failing)

WeiWei,

"gong xi gong xi" (= congratulation) !!! your succesful is such encourging all of us here especially those currently at 2WW stage. Hope to hear more good news from all the sis here.

Babymaking,

Sorry for the late reply! I took 1 day leave for ER then next day go back to work. KKH only given 5 hsp leaves. I've request to change to start from Monday(today).

hi ladies,

I have some questions here.

Lucrin jabs
============

Q1) During the Lucrin jabs, when does your menses come? Does it come about 1 or 2 weeks after you start your Lucrin jabs?

Q2) Also, how long after your menses do you start your puregon jabs?

2ww
=======
Q1) During the 2ww, what are you supposed to do? Complete bed rest? No moving around at all?

Q2) Do you take another week of leave?

Q3) is it advisable to work from home?

Hi Jade
Lucrin:
Q1) It should be about the same time as your normal cycle...unless your cycle is not regular.
Q2) I can't really remember...but I think it was the 5th day

2ww:
Q1) Can move lah..just be careful, rest more and take things easy. No stress, no heavy lifting etc. Treat yourself as if you are pregnant..which means avoid alchohol and caffine.

Q2) I work from home...so my answer will not be applicable to you. But I too take things easy. I was very tired for the 1st week of the 2ww, so I slept quite a bit.

Jade,

How long the lucrin jabs n puregon jabs depend on individual's body respond to the medic. If yr menses is 28day/cycle, it should come after first wk of lucrin jabs. I took about 23days of lucrin before start the puregon. Then continue with both lucrins & puregon jabs for another 11 days b4 the ER.

During 2ww, according to e nurse is just do thing as per normal but no excercise and carry heavy thing, no climbing, no shopping for too long.... Beside this, need to go back to KKH for progestrone injections daily (refer to my case).

After completed the first wk, i plan go back to work. If your work is desk bound, should not have probelm to work in office/home.

Dear all,

I am back after MIA for 2 days. Just difficult to log on during weekends.

Jaslyn,
I am so sorry to hear such heart-wretching news from you. I am very sorry. Right now what you need is to rest. Lot of rest and regain your stamina. Sorry but to check are you with IVFKKH?

Hey weiwei,
Nice to hear such wonderful from you. You must be feeling exhilarated. Wow mother of two at age 28! So wonderful. All your hardwork pays. Now you must rest alot.

weiwei,
yeiiiiii... congratulations wei... hv a smooth 9 mths. no jabs anymore ha? wht a relieve. wht kind of tablets r u taken now?

Hi Weiwei,

Wow...wow! Twins! So cute! Congratulations.
Please spread some baby dust to all of us sisters here. I'm now half way through the treatment. I have not event started my 2ww. Jeez...how I envy you.

Girls....what factors do you consider when deciding whether to put in 2 or 3 embryo during ET? I am not sure whether to put in 2 or 3.

Hi We wei,

Just want to clarify with you, you mentioned on day 21 (14/5) of your menses - you mean your menses last for so many days? you started lucrin jab? what is the lucrin jab? what's it purpose?

28/5 was your 15th day of lucrin. wat do you mean by v/s done?

31/5 - you started puregon jab? what does puregon jab do? at that time, do you still take lucrin.

did you take your hcg jab at kkh at 8 p.m. you mean they open until so late? what do you mean by v/s?

your menstrual cycle seemed very long, le. could you please advice?

can i say that you were given 3 types of jabs in your whole cycle; lucrin, puregon and progestrone. did you take the crinone (inser)? also you took utrogestan for the whole cycle.

please advise and correct me if i am wrong.

mulberry

hee... only maybe twins la, nt confirm yet. stil hav to wait for Dr to do v/s confirm.
happy.gif
dun wori, ur turn wil come. i decided to put 3 as to maximise e chance to b preg. there s a risk of multiple pregnancy, but i dun care. :p u may discuss with ur gyn re e no. to put in.

babylow

i mean D21 of e menstrual cycle, not my menses last for 21 days. tat s bleeding liao.
happy.gif
my usual cycle s abt 28-30 days.

v/s means vaginal scan

lucrin s to prevent spontaneous ovulation n to ensure follicles grow in a controlled way.

puregon s to stimulate e growth of follicles. it has to be given together with lucrin.

lucrin can only stop after u hav hcg jab or when e Dr instruct u.

kkh got women's 24 hrs clinic, just next to kkivf.

yes, i only use those 3 types.

hope can u.

Hi Weiwei,

Last Friday, I watched the Discovery programme on Twins and realised that multiple pregnancy can be dangerous and more risky. Especially for people who aren't tall, like myself. I have been deliberating a lot lately. Putting 3 in means maximising the odds of getting pregnant, but that will increase the risk of multiple pregnancy.

My doctor seemed more concern about multiple pregnancy than unsuccessful process. *Sigh* I guess I still have at least another 5 days to think about it. Tomorrow will go for VS. hehehe tomorrow should be Day 5 Gonal-F for me.

When will you know whether it is twins or not? hehehe your HCG reading is so high. Seems very probably that it is twins. hehehe For all we know...it may be triplets. hehe Super cute.

Babylow,

You are ready to deal with triplets? I think triplets are cute but triplets will have to be taken out while they are about 30-36 weeks I think. And they only weigh average 2kg. They will need special care and I wonder what the medical bill will be like. hehehe It must be quite challenging to care for and feed such tiny babies. :>

I saw many pictures of triplets at the clinic and think they are so adorable.

mulberry

yes, my gyn also did suggest putting 2 instead of 3. anyway, i m prepared for multiples. then can close factory liao.
happy.gif
although taking care of twins or triplets may be difficult initially, but imaging my own babies sitting side by side, tat s veri touching n worthy of all e hard works n pain.

wow ..weiwei..congrats 2 u..c...u have done it! btw rite now i on day 4 of puregon.hmmm dun feel much bloated but uncomfort like b4 mense or ovulation a bit crampy. is it a bad sign?

mika

u wil feel crampy it's bcoz ur ovaries r much enlarged than it's usual size. tat s a good sign as ur follicles r growing well. so, dun wori. just remember to drink a lot of water. ok? as for bloatedness, most of us only feel it after ER, not now. time wil pass veri fast as u already started on puregon.
happy.gif

hi wei wei

CONGRATULATIONS, so happy for you. Have a smooth nine months ahead.

thks sc.

who else is cycling the same time as me? i am starting lucrin today.
babymaking - day 1 of lucrin
Dream
Snowball
Petals
maplebabies
jademom
mulberry pixie - day 5 of Gonal F

Hi Mulberry,

Ystdy went for my ER - after the sedation injection given, I slept throughout the process and woke up abt 1 hr later at the recovery bay.
kao_wink.gif
Have to stay there for at least 2.5 hrs b4 discharge.It is individual's body to feel abdominal discomfort or bloatedness.
I was very lucky that I didn't experience that.
kao_sticktongue.gif

Hi Sunflower,
I hv puregon jab for 9 days.

Hi Mulberry, Mika & babymaking,

I think we are cycling almost the same time, I'm also on Day 4 of Gonal F and ER will be likely on 27th this mth. Everyone "JIA YOU"!

Mulberry, i think the most important is how many kids we can handle mentally, physically and financially rather than to think of only maximizing the chances. In my point of view (no offense) I think it will also be fair to the embryo too as we do not want to put in 3 and in the end we hope that 1 or 2 will survive and i think this is very selfish and cruel. For me, it will depend on the quality of the embryo, if it is excellent, i might just put in 1 but the maximium will only be 2 and leave the rest to God's hand.

Mulberry,
Perhaps, you can check with your gynae what's your embies success rate. I fully agree with theresa, gotta consider your means to bring your child(ren) up.

Dear all,
I suddenly feel so down and sad. I don't know why. I am having headache, too. I am sorry for sharing such dull news...

Back