IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Michelle, sorry for the misunderstanding. Come to think of it, after going through 2 IVFs, it's not as daunting as I originally thought it might be. Now that I've a long way to wait for my first medicated FET, seems like the preparation is much more longer and troublesome than a fresh cycle. Hope my snow babies will eventually survive and grow grow grow (in the right place).

Jia you to us all!

May I check those on long protocol during suppresionn stage injection do ur get bad bruise from the jab? I had a jab yesterday n had v bad bruise from it.

Sss, yes i took only 4 small pieces for 1 day only.. but been havin durians alt days on the 1st week too and brazil nuts

Magical, u probably moved the needle while it's still in u, thus the bruise. Or u could have hit right into a small blood vessel. No cause of worry, just avoid that area for next few days and don't rub it. It's rather tender now.

Magical, I had a bruise from the very first jab because the nurse was jabbing and explaining to us at the same time. My hubby saw the needle moving in and out so I had a huge bruise! Subsequently, my hubby jab me, 13 days now, no bruise at all
happy.gif

Just had my two blastocysts transferred on 21/5/2013@NUH. When the embryologist had me over the pictures of the two blastocysts and informed me that I had two very good two embryos implanted, felt so touched and thanked the team for the procedure. It was my 1st having a good blastocysts implanted compared to the ones that I had during my 1st IVF. Last 3 years, I only had two matured eggs and they were grade 2.

Now, I am resting at home and its kind of tiring and bored despite of doing reading, watching tv and listening to my music.

Anyway, at least my hubby get me out of the house by going to the beach yesterday at East Coast park for out late lunch. I felt refresh and calm when I sat at the beach, looking at the sun set. That makes me calm and don't think too much. How I wish I could just relax there most of my waiting time instead of home.

Staying at home, makes me think of what's going to happen. Waiting kills me. Only god knows.

Anyway, I read that eating durian helps to warm the womb? Eating a piece on alternate day or every day?

How about having avocado juice?

Ladies, for those who had experienced ohss, how long does it take for it to recover? I've been in bed rest for a few days now but it's not getting any better Esp with the nausea and vomiting.

Nel: what's your E2 before retrieval? And how many retrieved, matured then fertilized? Is the sperm report for your dh good? all the best!

Hazelsarah: I retrieved many eggs during my 1st and 2nd fresh cycle too and managed to escaped OHSS by taking 15 quail egg whites and 1 big bottle of 100 plus everyday. You might want to considered giving it a try.

Hope you get better soon

Hi Hazelsarah, u need to force yourself to intake alot of fluids (e.g. isotonic drinks or ribena). And intake high protein food or drinks (e.g. egg whites or immunocal).

If after intake alot of fluids and you still did not pee much, stomach getting bigger and intense vomitting,then u need to quickly go to the hospital A&E to seek treatment. They will usually put you on saline and albumin (protein) drip. If the drip do not reduce your bloatedness then worst case senario wld be draining the fluid out of your stomach which required a small procedure. So try your best to drink and eat as much protein as possible.

Sometime bloated stomach could due to constipation (if you have not pass motion for 2-3days or more). you can try enema fleet (a type of fluid pump to release bowel), very effective, just one use. You will feel stomach less tense.

Hope the above helps. Its based on my experience(s) as i had OHSS twice and both times admitted to hospital.

Hazelsarah, it depends on your body hormones and how fast your body can remove the extra fluids accumulated in your abdominal. It took me 2 weeks+ to fully recover (stomach back to normal size) and that is with medical help -admitted to hospital.for saline and albumin drip.

Oh gosh. I'm wondering is it due to constipation too. I eat a little only I feel like my stomach is going to burst and wanna throw up.

And ive got a lot of very dark brown discharge ytd. Had ER on tues. Cld it be old blood fr the procedure or is it my period?

Oh gosh. I'm wondering is it due to constipation too. I eat a little only I feel like my stomach is going to burst and wanna throw up.

And ive got a lot of very dark brown discharge ytd. Had ER on tues. Cld it be old blood fr the procedure or is it my period?

hey ladies!

I hear that a lot of you eat egg whites to avoid ohss. Approximately how many do u eat per day? Is it a one time per day or together with breakfast&lunch&dinner kind of thing? Dis is to prepare ur body before er or after er?

BabyDusty: I feel for you. Dont lose hope n dont overstress ur self about it. My advice is to just go with the flow and believe that everything happens for a good reason. (This will help you to free your mind n heart to some extent. This type of thinking is how it helped me to go through 4 yrs of infertility without much panic
happy.gif
)

Magical, I went to scan yesterday (Day 13) and asked to continue till Monday (D17) then will start stimming. Scary excited... Do u have a u side effects now? I always wake up with swollen eyes like I drank too much water the night before. But after a couple of hours, it's ok.

@hopeforbaby thank u...this is my first ivf n I only did one blood test.. truly excited. ..
@hazelsarah @babydust yes im reali excited. Thank u!

Just burst into tears when telling dh abt the qns I was asking my doc on what might have caused the ectopic. And all he could muster was 'not all things have a reason. Unless u r god'.

Super uncalled for. I was so pissed. Here I am dealing with a loss of a life and that's what I get. Finally realised that deep inside me, I'm still grieving despite my nonchalent exterior. 我真的不是你想象的那么勇敢。

Mel2, glad for u to progress into next stage jiayou.

I do not feel any difference now except a little bloated.. Still ok except the bruise I'm having now. I will have to continue till scan in day 15.

Nervous babe, personally I had not taken DHEA before, even though my dr gave me a prescription. Had read somewhere that DHEA is a kind of steriod and its not good for long term consumption. Tink to buy dhea, u will need a prescription.

Magical, can drink some 100 plus for ur bloatedness. Jiayou.

Mayhui, with an experienced doc who finds the best spot to place the embryo, and care during ur 2ww, ivf is a viable option. Bio chemical pregnancy happens for too many reasons and ivf doesn't necessarily increases the chances of it happening. Just my personal view. My bio chem pregnancy was not a result from ivf.

BabyDusty: My dad used to say that in life positive thinking is important. For some unfortunate reason if u lose ur baby, he will say try for the nxt one. He would say to pray for the wellness of its spirit in its "after life" and pray to god to grant u another life for you to nurture. My family has gone thru d difficulties of losing dear ones such as my elder sis at d age of 11 after fighting jaundice for 10 yrs. And my sis-in-law has gone through 2 abortions without a choice in between her 2 successful pregnancies. My dad will say life has to go on. You shud start caring for those who are still with you. That will be the start in having positive thoughts
happy.gif

Hi. I'm new here. Would like to get advices on what to eat prior to FET amd after FET during the 2ww. Anything else I should or shouldnot do?

Thanks in advance.

Hi sisters,

I will be on a short protocol with prof and will be starting the jabs on 20th June. Just want to check with you all if I am to dye my hair now, will it affect the stimming that takes place next mth?

Hi sisters can share how FET is like? I have had IVFs - fresh cycles but never done FET..so wanna know more before i embark again. Thank you.

Hi sisters!
Im starting my short protocol stimming jabs sometime next week... Awaiting menses to arrive any moment now so i can start soonest... Of all months where My menses would arrive on the dot, it "decided" to b two days late aredi when im so eager to start... Hahaha!
I had gone thru long protocol ivf two years ago at kkh n now they r recommending short protocol.. Am excited but still a lil worried tho...
I had bad bad bloatedness for my 1st ivf... Drank bottles n bottles of isotonic drinks and peed peed with a pregnant looking belly!! Was painful n scary and it worries me now that i might hv to go thru it agn... They upped my puregon to 200 from previous 150... Please no bloat..... *prays*
Should i start drinking isotonic drinks as i start stimming or only aftr ER? Really forgot liao...
I know i should start whey protein isolate nxt week... More protein n milk a d stuff...
Think after ET is good to hve brazil nuts n durians every other day to aid implantation?
Im stuffing my fridge with high protein food...
I am excited max!!

Hi ladies, for those who had experienced ohss before, can u buy those orange effervescent satchet drink for uti to help with the urine output? Cos I realized that I've been drinking a lot of isotonic drink but they all seem to be retained in my bladder that is adding to the bloatedness.

Can I take maxalon for the nausea and vomiting as well? I've been throwing up the entire week. It's making me so sick I donno if I'll be able to go to work the next week.

Hi Hazelsarah,
I've had a bad OHSS before..was vomiting and all that...so I took egg whites (boiled) at least 3 every morning. It does help with the bloatedness.

Thanks dollygal and melyna. Steamed tofu with egg and eat tgt for the added effect. Drank ginger tea in mrng and isotonic drink in the day. I think it's the nausea and vomiting that really gets to me. How long does it take for you all to resolve?

And for those proceeding to fet due to ohss, how soon after does your period comes?

I have done my first blood test but once we start the cycle will we be asked to do another one before deciding on the dosage? Or doc will decide using the first blood test and the Scan results?

Hi there,
I'm new to the IVF forum and am calling to put myself on the IVF waiting list at kkh tmrw. Just had my first SOIUI and failed.

Can I ask what is the procedure like? Do they stimulate you with injectibles like IUI, then take out many eggs and freeze, or just take out maybe 2 eggs each cycle?

Is it painful? Thank you.

Hi everyone,
I just started my first jab yesterday for my first IVF with Prof PC Wong. Feeling excited and scared at the same time. Is there any advice for me on what food to take to stimulate egg growth & number? I have low ovarian reserve so kinda worried. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in adv.

Hi Sunstillshines, I1BB, Chrisl, Chris, Wondersss n other ladies if I forgotten to name

I Came here to spread my bbdusty to u all. I had just delivered my girl under Dr Tan HH via my 3rd IVF cycles. Jia you.

Ladies, anyone knows whether dr zou is going on holiday in mid June? I kinda overheard but didn't get to ask. Just wanted to confirm so that I can make contingency plan. Thx

Hi Nat,

There is either a short or long protocol for IVF.
This will be decided by the doctor (based on your history, blood test etc...)

I'm with KKH under long protocol. Just a short brief on the long protocol.....It's 2 weeks (or longer) of suppression first at CD21. You will then move on to the stimulation stage.
Once your follicles have grown to a good size, they will retrieve all the eggs, fertilized them and transfer the 2 best embryos back to your body. The rest of the remaining embryos will be freezed.
If for some medical reasons they can't transfer the embryos, they will then freeze all the embryos and you have to wait for a couple of months to do the FET.
You can do a google search on IVF. There's tons of infor on the web
happy.gif

The suppression and Stimulation jabs are bearable but i heard that the trigger shot is quite painful!

Hope this helps.
happy.gif

Back