IVF/ICSI Support Group

Wondering is thr side effect for the insert of the ball?
Feel so breathless
sad.gif

Blizzbless, If u taking utrogestan, the below is the side effects

Side effects
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Just because a side effect is stated here does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.

Sleepiness.
Dizziness.
Breast tenderness.
Change in menstrual bleeding.
Menstrual spotting or breakthrough bleeding.
Skin reactions, such as rashes, itching and acne.
Retention of water in the body tissues (fluid retention).
Changes in weight.
Disturbances of the gut, such as upset stomach, bloating.
Pre-menstrual symptoms.
Depression.
Hair loss (alopecia).
Decreased sex drive.
Excessive hair growth on the face and body (hirsutism).
Irregular brown patches on the skin, usually of the face (chloasma). If you experience this you should minimise your exposure to the sun or UV light while taking this medicine.
Blood clots in the blood vessels (eg, DVT, pulmonary embolism, heart attack, stroke - see warnings above).

Blizzbless, I also taking Progynova 2tablets daily. U feeling better le mah? If your breathless still persist, please check with the clinic k. Dun play play hor! Must kiasu de heehee...

Hi sisters, my BT shows that I failed the cycle.
sad.gif

I'm thinking of transferring to NUH to enjoy the govt subsidy for my frozen cycle. Anyone transferred frozen embryos before? need to pay the freezing fee again?

Blizzbless, I am taking the BT only on mon.. My mouth feels so bland and no appetite.. Now cooking some porridge to go with chye sim can and eggs... But y r u taking progynova? Is small blue tablets right? Thot is for high extraction to prevent ohss? Now I envy those who can eat proper rice with dishes

Pai sei, blizzbless...: my mistake... Tat is not e med I was talking abt.. Mind not thinking straight..

I wan to keep positive thots in my mind during the 2ww but I feel so sian n no appetite.. Juz feel like rotting there n not doing anything... How huh??

Leapgal, sorry to hear your loss! Big hug to you. Be strong. Have a gd rest and jia you again. Take good care!

Joyfully, I feel emotional after reading your post. Thank for sharing ur story. Be strong. Really hope u will have ur baby in your arm soon. God bless u.

Dream, i also, i ate alot of sour things cos mouth is bland. My mom cook ABC soup, sweet n sour pork, fish n brocoli for us..
Y ur blood test diff from me since we got same ET date. so u don have the blue tablet ar?
Sandra, after my ET, my hb took a long route to go home, i ask him y, he say cos that side got some road work, road nt very smooth, he make me stress. I going chalet n bbq on fri to sun to relax.

dream, did u try drinking ginger with lrd? may help yr bloatedness.. its ok to rot and do nothing during 2ww.. u can watch tv etc...just rest

Another question regarding transferring of frozen embryos, since i have paid thomson for freezing the embryos, do i need to pay nuh again if i were to transfer? anyone knows?

chongchong: the subsidy for FET is not that great, if your current DR is providing good medical service.
You should consider switching to govt hosp for fresh cycle for the full subsidy.

Blizzbless, sweet and sour pork seems like a good idea... I can't eat a lot.. E mouth us so bland that I feel like vomitting., I only ate steamed egg for lunch juz now.. Thinking whether to go to my mum Plc tmr... Maybe she will
cook sth suitable for me... Pai sei towards mil..

I hav e blue tablets too... On top of tat, I hav a very small white tablet to be take once at night after dinner for5 days. Tat is to prevent ohss.. Is so exp., 5 tablets for $87..

Lin: ya.. Mil already cooked ginger with longan.. I tried drinking.. Bloatedness already getting better.. Not mouth is too bland .. I will try drinking honey tonight.. Now at e sight of eggs I wan to vomit,,,

Sandra: the blue tablets are progynova and can't rem for wat.. Think is either for the uterus or for e embryo to stick to e lining...ya.. Juices is a gd idea.. I m too straight.. Only been drinking ginger water and plain water..so boring.. Thks for e gd suggestion!

Blizzbless: if u r like me feeling uncomfortable gastric, try eating warm porridge... It helps.. This is suggested by TCM

Hi C and Sandra, tks 4 replying! I'm really not sure. 3 embryos means i need to do 2 rounds of FET, which means $2400 govt subsidy forgo if i stay in current clinic... Heart-pain after failing such an exp cycle...

How many frozen embryos do you think would be a gd number to transfer hospital?

Dream, I hate porridge.lol. I don have the white tablets. Mayb cos u too many follicles. Wat are the grade of the follicles?
Sandra, too early to have any sign ba?

hi purpledragon
I not sure which doc yet ley
is ivf doc same as clinic d doc?
saw dr jerry chan ytd who referred us 2 ivf ctr
tdy another dr gave us briefing
need wait until menses come b4 I contact kkh 2 start 1st fresh cycle
which stage r u now @ btw
happy.gif

any newbie here oso?
happy.gif

Blizz n dream,
Bloating n breathlessness r both signs of ohss esp if u have many eggs retrieved. If u feel really uncomfortable should let ur gynae know or go to the A&E. worst case scenario is the accumulation of fluids in stomach n lungs that needs tapping out. Monitor ur urine output to make sure wat u take in n wat u pass out is almost the same. Up ur protein intake such as egg whites. Usually if the symptoms continues or worsen might mean good news but doesn't guarantee it.

Chong,
Yes, you would need to pay the storage fees again if u transfer n no refund or pro-rate. For 3 embies usually will thaw all 3 n choose the best 2. That's wat I did for my last fet.

Thanks, eskimobaby! So glad that I learnt so much here!

So for FET, they thaw 3 and choose the best two. Then what happen to the last one? Do they freeze again? In that case, do we have to pay another year of storage fee?

If I have 4 frozen embryos, will they thaw 2 first?
Initially I was thinking to transport 2 embryos to TFC first and keep another 2 at KKHIVF since I have just paid for the storage. But Dr suggested to bring all over as not all can make it so save the trouble.

Chong,
For me, I thaw 3 n one disintegrated by itself n left two so I didn't have to make the decision whether to refreeze that one. If it's still within the storage period that u have paid for then u dun have to pay until the next storage renewal date.

Alexis,
No one know for certain if those 2 can make it so there must be the flexibility of thawing more if those 2 dun make it. Usually is thaw 2 first but if they feel quality not good or not surviving well after thaw then they might want to thaw more.

Blizbless: u dun like porridge ah? I am quite ok with it though.. Anyway, told mil I m going to my mum Plc tmr for lunch... Feel much happier n in better mood... Else, so bored..no one to talk to at home.. U mean e embryos transferred? They are grade 1.. U? Guess I juz hav to b careful tmr when taking buses to my mum Plc tmr..

Eskimobaby: thks for e notes! I am still monitoring my waist size and urine... Though I m getting sick of egg whites.., can't eat so many already.., I m thinking of switching to immouncal though nurse say ew can absorb better

Dream,
Bus dunno got seats or not n can be jerky esp when u can feel weak or breathless at this point. Now u r PUPO, pregnant unless proven otherwise
happy.gif

Btw brave ladies out there
Just wondering
I work n stay in amk yishun area
Any1 from there too?
Keen to meet up n share/ talk more?
Cuz i don't have any personal contacts who have gone through/ r doing ivf
happy.gif

Hi Huiyi,

I'm consider private patient in nuh. I only see one doc.
I've just done paper work and counselling yesterday. Menses shld be coming on weekend. And Mon will need to go nuh take med and start jab.

Are u on long or short protocol?

Hi sisters,

After IVF ET, positive symptons should be some brown spots is it? if yes, after how many days of ET?

If no, does it means -ve?

TY

Blizzbless, cannot go tuina lah. Dr Zou said before cannot sleep is a good sign wor
happy.gif

Nitro > Could be implantation blood. Must ask wifey to bedrest and both of you dun worry too much ya. But if the spotting getting more, must call clinic.

Bear. cannot sleep also good sign. lol yawn.. y ar?
Sandra. I try nt to take painkiller cos I hate. yesterday 4am then manage to sleep after apply cream. haiz how to go bbq like tat?

Back