IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi All,

My DH and I have been trying for 2 years now. About a year ago, I was diagnosed with PCOS and started taking Clomid / Metformin. 3 months ago, my hubby's semen test shows that his sperms are not good. Past 3 months, I've been ovulating but in longer cycles (around 40 days) but have been testing O and trying but AF just came today.

We are now contemplating IVF @ KKH.
Would like to find out what is the wait time like?
I've heard of 3 months wait for IVF, is that for subsidized patients?

If I call to make an appointment, how far will the appointment be and roughly when will I start IVF usually?

Sorry for the many questions, I just want to make sure we are fully prepared (in terms of work shifts, leaves etc) before embarking on this.

Baby dust to all!!

Lin, thanks for remembering me... see my updates below...

Ladies, I had just passed my 40th birthday and ended my 2ww with a bfn bt. This was a bit disappointing as both dr and embroylogist said the eggs transferred were of good quality.

This is my long protocol for reference. I started with contraceptive pills a month before the cycle, and Lucrin jabs every morning mid-cycle. Started cycle with D1 scan and bt (as it happens to be a Saturday), Gonal-F 300iu from D2 every night. Scan again on D5, and every 2 days, every day when closer to ovulation. Triple lining. Ovridel jab given 35 hours bef er. Heard from the fertility ctr nurses that its critical for er not to exceed 36 hours after jab. Retrieved 25 follicles, all had egg inside. 20 matured, 15 fertilised. 2 5d embroys transferred. Remaining 6 embroys frozen. Rest discarded.

For matured ladies, do not be discouraged. The quantity and quality of eggs retrieved exceeded my biological age, said my dr and I was not even on max dosage. Though disappointed that this fresh cycle did not work out, i will probably start on fet next year. Jiayou sisters!

Qegg, can u turn on ur PM? I tried to PM u but u dont accept PM.
happy.gif

Qegg, no worries. U can go to Profile and then unclick "Do not send me "Private Message" e-mails from other board users".

Joyhope, oic. Hugs. Sorry that I'm not good at comforting pple. Understand how u feel but still don't give up k. Like min81 always told me b4 that everythin happen for a reason. So i believe god had already planned his path for u. So hold on. Prehaps now u wanna go for a short trip, pamper urself w good food/drink tat u avoid when ttc, have a nice hairdo, pedicure, medicure, etc.

Laki_gal > That's what exactly I did... went to do my hair today. Will do colouring next week
happy.gif
Will still try to keep a healthy lifestyle though will indulge myself in nice sashimi on a limited basis.

Daylesford ..... The KKH doc only give me a 100 mg progesterone ....said cant give daily cos the max for the vaginal insert is max dosage already at 600mg per day....don't know why they like dat.....
They can't give me a earlier BT but they did a urine test which is negative the dr said too early to test....cos day 11....

Don't know how just bed rest ......

Qegg....hi am better now ....thanks ah

Thanks Prosepina and Sandra. Yes, will work hard to stay healthy for my frozen bbs.

LS > Urine test maybe too early, but BT can at least tell if the estrogen and progesterone level is ok. If levels are low, jabs and medication can be given to support it. Meanwhile, rest well.

laki gal - done.

LS - take care & dont hesitate to ask for more support if needed.

joyhope - thanks for sharing. meanwhile, relax & tiao ur body. JY

Ladies, can i check w u all whether u kep feeling hungry when hving both lucrin jab n progynova? Coz i feel i kep feeling hungry n kep eating till i think im fatter now. My boss oso ask me y i ate so much
sad.gif

PSP ......thanks ah for ur advise and support.....

Joyhope.... Thanks ah the doc nv suggest for the BT....after she checked she said my womb not open so it's fine....just ask me to rest well.....

Hoped God will lead the way.....

Haha Leor, when I heard your info right... 1st thing that came across my mind is... Oh shit! Tired die me lah!!! Lolx

Hi Ladies who are/were with NUH or any other hospital, do you choose the single bed room or shared room for your OR and ET?

What's the difference apart from cost wise?

Is it lonely to stay in single room? And is it too crowded in shared room of 7 pax?

leor> do u have backache aft sleeping with pillow under buttocks?

joyhope> dun feel discouraged, u have gd quality embryos waiting for u!

babysmurf> can i ask hw u melt the additional packet of tcm? its sticky n tough to melt..

presciousbaby> as long as baby is healthy, dun worry too much..

Lin: add in when hot. Then I drink after 5mins when is warm n stir with a spoon. Heehee

The 2nd time I use a stainless cup n heat up on electric stove. Very fast. Then add in the powder.

Jelly,

Is it at the day surgery ward? If it is, then i stayed there before when i did my laparoscopy.. I don't think it's lonely in the single room.. Nice and quiet for resting and have personal toilet.. The 6-bedder side is not a room, more like open area and beds separated by curtains.. It really depends on ur preference.. Is the price diff big?

Min,

yeah,its done at day surgery 2nd floor KRW. price difference $200.

do u need to stay overnite? cos i jus need to rest for 3 hours for OR and 2 hours for ET .

babysmurf> mine is nt powder, its like flat rectangular cube form? u pour the brewed medi into a cup, n put on the stove, then u poured the an tai yao into the cup until it melts? so we dont have to melt it separately hor?

Hi Dreambear, how u doing?

My ER this friday, tonite gonna hav last shot of ovidrel n that's it. no need to remember when to inject myself soon..hehe.

got only 8 miserable eggs on right ovary, left ovary on the high side, nt sure can retrieve any ...eggs on left wasted if cant.

ET on monday, only given crinone gel as support , is it enough?

Lin: mine is powder form. I heat up my 2nd time med over electric stove not fire. Then add the powder after I heated up the tcm immediately when is still hot.

Lin, no backache cos I dun sleep it thru out the nite lah, think by the time I fall asleep, my position change Liao maybe the pillow had kick to no where also hehe. But I like to put a pillow under my legs. I feel very relaxing and will fall sleep easily. Of cos same after sleep, my position and pillow will be different Liao haha.

i1bb, Lolz... Tired hor, whenever I test positive O, I will tell my hubby is time to work. So we always go straight to it and finished it fast. Sometime no feel also will try my best to 配合. Haha

tahope, thanks.

I think they increase the price ba, the difference is $200 now. $1,550 for single, n $1,350 for shared room for OR procedure.

btw, how r u doing? u working?

Jelly,

Yup i had to stay one night.. Like what tahope said, it was also $100 diff so i took single bed cos the sofa chair more comfy for my hubby when he accompanied me.. But depends on u.. If stay for few hrs i guess should be ok.. For me, i was given this thing to drink the night before and was LS-ing all the way till before op, so felt better having my own toilet while waiting for op.. Hehe..

LS,
Based on your description of the amount of spotting you had, I don't think it's implantation bleeding. Urine test on Dpt 11 is slightly early to confirm the results.

I did bhcg bt on day 10 and my reading was only 8+. It was until day15 before I started seeing the 2 lines on the clearblue kit.

So just be positive, talk to your darlings n rest, rest REST !

Hi morning ladies,

Is it normal to have sore boobs, nipple pain, heaviness in lower adominal, n feelings of needles like pricking sensation internally around the pelvic area during stimulation stage?

Hi Daylesford....mine was not like menses flow...this i can tell the difference....so not sure.....need to wait for BT......like u said HPT is too early to use.........
The difference i felt was...not cramp like usual menses......just normal feeling........sometimes breast felt tingling feel.....

Thanks precious baby......which means implantaion bleeding can be anything from 1 - 3 or more days......

Morning ladies,

I just made an appointment with Dr Sadhana (KKH) for end of the month.

Hopefully can embark on my first cycle as soon as possible.

Anyone with Dr Sadhana too?

morning sisters!

Leor, ya lor...sibey sian leh. Like so robotic and ma chiam "hand in homework" like that... felt so obligated to bd... tsk... sigh....

Thanks Lin for your encouragement. Life goes on. I'm looking forward to start on my fet next year.

Ladies, how long do we have to wait after a failed fresh cycle to start on fet?

Just watched on channel 5 this morning... for ladies fertility, the program mentioned no cigarette... lesser carbo, more vegetables and protein, full cream milk... also mentioned is cosmetics and perfume inhibits fertility. For men, eat more omega rich fish... the program recommended salmon and sardines.

hi all!

Just like to check what you all did while waiting for the next IVF cycle? to boost the egg quality and lining? I'm diagnosed with unexplained after delivering of my DD, who is 3 yrs old now. I am with Tan Siew Buoy for a good 8 months and still no results. Went for acupuncture with Dr Zou also no results. Now i switched to another TCM at Chinatown.

I'm aiming to do my first ivf early next year and i'm not sure what to expect >.< will be seeing doctor next weekend for further discussion.

Hello JoyHope

Some say wait 3 months or so before start of next cycle to give your body the chance to recuperate and stabilise from the hormones..(and also the emotional and psychological toil of IVF) but it also depends on your doctor's availability...

i think the clinic will also consider your personal case (your age, etc) with regards to how soon it will schedule your next FET..

LuvChar,

I've read women here ate egg whites for protein as well as other foods for helping fertility..
More in this link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akn4rrFWhKUAdE51a1ZOc1RtQ21sR185Wm52a3daSmc#gid=0

I don't know how many of us still believe in Feng Shui, but I found this interesting article online..

Feng Shui to improve fertility luck and help conceive babies

"Placing prominent elephant ornaments as part of your bedroom decor or anywhere in the house will help, particularly if you want baby boys."

http://www.mommadiary.com/2008/01/06/feng-shui-fertility-help-conceive-baby/

Ladies in the other thread were talking about putting elephants near the bed, now I know why!
happy.gif

Hello Ladies,

Hope I can join you all for this forum. This is my first IVF cycle after 3 failed IUI cycles...

I'm currently with Dr Loh at TFC and is on CD7 of my cycle, doing Puregon injections as well as Lutron... I'm also going for accupuncture at TMC for the last 3 months, so i hope it helps!

I would like to say good luck to all those in their 2ww and also hope we can all post on the pregnancy board!
happy.gif

Baby Dust!

Back