IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all,

I was due for my 3rd IVF cycle in Dec with my pte gynae after 2 unsuccessful ones in KKH. It looks like I will not be going for the 3rd cycle as I just got a + on the HPK.

I would like to share my success, firstly to encourage all, and secondly I hope someone may be able to benefit from my experience.

I failed 2 IVF cycles at KKH.

Cycle 1
- short protocol
- 400iu puregon
- 6 oocytes retrieved ; none fertilized (ET cancelled)
- Poor eggs quality diagnosed

I took 4 months of TCM before embarking on the Cycle 2, 6 months later. With cycle #2, I did not get to speak to the dr before starting the stims, was thus somewhat surprise that the puregon was upped.

Cycle 2
- short protocol
- 600iu purgon
- 2 oocytes retrieved ; 1 fertlised but low grade (did the TCM helped? Maybe..) ; Fail.
- Did not speak to dr, but I presume it’s also a problem of poor egg quality.

So I went to see a pte gynae. He checked my AMH which turned out ok, meaning I have no problems with ovarian reserve. He suspected I was given too much puregon, causing my ovaries to react the other way by not responding. So he suggested a minimal stimulation protocol for me, decreasing the dose to 150 iu, and prescribed the following to me for 4 months:

- DHEA 25mg three times daily
- Vit D 1000 iu once daily
- Folic 5mg once daily

But I added, on my own initiative, the following:
- Blackmore conceive well
- CoQ10 50mg three times daily

(you can imagine the no. of pills I swallow daily!)

I also took Ensure Life milk supplement 2-3 times a week.

After 3 months on the above supplementation, I fell pregnant naturally!

I am very thankful to my pte dr who gave me the hope, and the DHEA prescription. I believe it was the DHEA that made the most significant difference…

I am sharing this, with no offence intended to those of you with KKH IVF centre, to advise you to get a second opinion if you don’t succeed after 1 or 2 cycle with KKH. In my case, if I had gone on to a 3rd cycles with KKH, I strongly suspect it would likely have been another waste of time and money.

So that's my story. I hope you are encouraged. To add to it, I am 40 this year.

Thanks for reading and baby dust to all!

Congrats Marble! Grabbing bb dust!!! This is a very good piece of news, more so encouraging for matured ladies.

Can I ask what's your amh level? Did kkh also checked your amh?

Thanks Joyhope

It was 12.4 pmol/L

KKH did not do AMH for me. They did FSH before cycle #1 tho', and I remember the result was normal, tho' not fantastic.

Marble,

Congratulations!! Grabbing ur bb dust!
happy.gif

Can share who your pte gynae is? Thanks!!

Dear Marble *grab grab bb dusts* & GONG XI GONG XI

Sad to hear that the KKH dr is abit alamak...
sad.gif

But anyway is good that u got your wish come true... Which Pte gynae u went to???

PSP: She didnt suggest or mention the day 5 transfer at all.. hmm.. when will say or tell u she will do the 5 day transfer... @ consultation or during the procedures..

Actually i dont knw what to say but to me IVF is a hit & run case by case... haiz.. whether u succeed or not is partially if u are lucky or not..
sad.gif

Marble > Surprised that kkh didn't do amh test for you. I read that fsh level is not conclusive enough to determine ovarian reserve. Guess they had just gone by the book and prescribed the puregon dosage based on your age and not your body condition. Not sure if puregon and gonal f dosage are similar, I was on 300iu gonal f and responded well.

Wondersss > How true, hit n run case... I had good textbook grade embryos, dr and nurses all said how good, high hopes... but negative bt! Guess luck not on my side.

Hi Joyhope

You are right! My puregon was decided based on my age. I recall the dr telling me I need a high dose altho FSH was normal b/c of my age.

Actually I feel KKH's system does not do justice in terms of level and standard of care given to its patients.

I think puregon and gonal F are similar, just diferent brands.

Marble, congrats congrats! collecting baby dust ;P i'm so hope i'll be next to conceive naturally.

im totally agreed with you! they are all by book one, no customisation based on patient's needs.

marble> congrats to u!!! happy for u..

joyhope> u are right that age does nt determine hw healthy yr body is.. as long as yr body is in gd condition, u can be preg anytime just like marble!

jelly> hws er so far?

babysmurf> oh, dunno why mine is the cube form, n its so tough to melt.. n i think aft 5-7hrs drinking, i got stomach ache.. esp ytd early morning at 5am.. sit in toilet bowl for an hr.

sandra> my fish oil is health domain Omega 8060 superior. i take only 1 pill wic is 750mg only

Sandra, I took Holland&Barrett fish oil then their 3,6,9 flaxeed fish oil...now move on to Now 3,6,9...this one can find in Natural farm..how abt yourself?

Sandra, think normal fish oil only have omega 3s... while 3,6,9 means there's omega 3,6,9... heard previous sistas here who bfp took omega 3,6,9
happy.gif

I m feeling lousy after ER , still having lower abdominal pain n slight bleeding , spots of blood stain on panty . Took painkillers prescribe by doc but no help. i m suppose to insert the crinone gel but haven't done so for fear of hurting my v n aggravate the pain further . Any advice to minimise pain n can I insert the gel without washing my v. Been bed resting after op.
sad.gif
also breast still sore ....argh....
sad.gif

Marble, Congrats to you!

Grace, good no. of follicles.

Ladies, beside taking egg whites, any other things may help to boost follicles? on my day 2 scanned, i've 7 follicles, but my day 8 scanned this morning only hv 3 dominant follicles. In fact, i've started tkg egg whites after my day 6 scanned.

Sandra, that's exactly how i feel too, i hv to constantly hold on to my lower abdominal if i need to walk n walking like an old lady, slowly n hunch back..hahaha.

was given crinone gel to apply immediately after ER, guess diff hospital practice differently.

Chris(reddesk), if possible n time permits at yr end, let nature heal by itself, avoid meds as far as poss as we dunno what all these meds are doing to our body.

Hello Sisters .... PSP , Sandra , Babypk, bb, grace and everyone .......Sorry for the late update....

I went to O&G at KKH....u know what ? After the long wait .... They didnt want to do the BT for me.....
They just did a urine test ....it's also faint positive....then the doc check my V and said she can't see gushing of blood it's just flow but not constant...so it's fine...
Then I asked for additional support she said the 100mg jab I got can last me one week.....
So in the end she said go home and monitor unless there is gushing of blood with cots then go back again.....
Ask me wait for Monday BT......
Said unless I want to get admit and they will just monitor....
I might as well go home and enjoy my comfy bed.....
Now am so scared......there's still bleeding somewhat like menses...... But the faint positive makes me so worried now.....Can this be so call ectopic preggy ?

LS, its crinone gel, given to support the uterus lining.

Perhaps u like to test the HPK again tomo and see if the faint line gets darker as the days goes by.

LS > Just rest well over this weekend ya.

Jelly > dun worry, what u r feeling now is ok. I felt pain too n got to hold my bloated tummy when walking. When I wake up from bed, I will turn to the side & use my hand to push myself to sit up 1st. The blood stain you saw could be due to the insertions into ur v when doc did the ER. The nurse told me this normal. I also only insert the crinone gel after my ET. I find it easy as its just like tampons. I usually insert them when I bath. Dun Tik so much n rest well & prepare urself for ur ET, which will be on next Mon? Btw, pls rest early ya!

LS: your faint positive is from which brand of HPT? If is clearblue almost confirmed bfp then I wil suggest you got admitted at least they can give u more support. Just my 2cents of thought.

LS, I will b more kiasu & immediately switch to pte gynae to request for bhcg.bring along your used hpt kit with the faint line to show them juz in case they asked u to test hpt again. Save it & do bt instead... u might wanna consider going down for bhcg today instead of waiting... juz my 2cents tots..

LS, sorry I am not active in this forum. But happen to bump into your posts. I think you are preggy. Cause even the HPT you did at hospital shows faint line. I am surprised why they didn't proceed to do BT for you. I would have insisted if I were you. Not to mention the jab.

This is a common protocol in KKH. I have the same experience as you last time. By the time I had the jab from private gynae, it was too late for me.... As I spent another day waiting at the private clinic as I did not make any appointment and they treated me as "walk-in".

When is your scheduled BT? How about calling KKIVF and says you are pregnant. Insist on early BT. All the best to you. I only succeeded on my second pregnancy. Everytime see red/pink very paranoid..... Even till last trimester! I was under Dr SF Loh.

Sandra, thx for advice. yup I m on my way to see tcm. Since D6 I've been tkg 6 egg white everyday but seem still not enough hor. Btw at this stage still ok to tk half boiled egg?

Ls, if still no improvement, better go for support fm pte dr. Tk care!

Jelly, r u ok?tk care n rest well . Unable to gv any advice as fm my experience, i only felt vr tired n sleep for whole day.

Jelly > I also experienced pain after er for two days and walked hunched, but no blood. Dr instructed me to start v utrogestan the next day. Dr managed to retrieved from the higher ovary? How many eggs were retrieved? They should be calling you today to update on number of eggs fertilised. Rest more.

Sandra > Dr inserted v painkiller for me after er. Maybe you had the same, that's why you only felt pain afterwards.

LS > Most sis here have the same thinking. If you've a regular pte gynae, best to go immediately to clear your doubts and get more support. Or just walk in to any pte gynae.

Congrats to all mothers to be. Grabbing their baby dust.

LS > Since you have seen a faint positive. most probably you have BFN! =)

Can i ask, if you have blocked tubes and you are doing ivf, ectopic pregnancy cannot be occur right? I have my right tube n ovary removed in an ops due to cycts during young. After marriage, I have an ectopic preganancy but doctor did not remove my left tube. After a year, i still did not conceive. Did hsg test, it showed my left tube are blocked too. Wat a devastating result. Only solution if IVF. I am with NUH.

Anybody with NUH? Wat do i expect in my first visit? Do they have consultation regarding the expenses?

When do you start eating egg whites? Do you it raw, half boiled or full boiled? Which is best? The yellow part you all throw it away is it?

Morning!!!
Oegg, i think we're really cycling buddy, tdy is mine D8 also. i'm not sure the quality of the egg. cos i dont know what do ask dr after the scanning. Yesterday is my 1st scanning after jap gonal f for 4days, Then i heard she told nurse abt the size. Then i assumed shd be egg size n nos.
hahaha...i'm so blurr...
i wonder why i do not need to scanning daily??? my next visit will be on monday and thursday?
When is ur ER ?

Jelly, thanks for ur sharing, after i heard it. OMG OMG....its horrible....
Pls Take care ya.

Wondersss, ur anuty visit u already? I'm waiting for u.

Sandra > hahahahha OMG i type wrongly. Im so sorry LS! It should b BFP!

oh yah i read it too to eat raw. You guys eat raw too? Can swallow everyday for 4 times? How do u do it????

Dear sisters....... I went to KKIVF this morning. Finally did a BT .... Just received a call it's BFP..... But hcg a bit low so need to redo on Monday .... But now gg down to get additional support ....... Thank u sisters for ur support and advises ......this group really helps me to calm myself ....thank u all.....

Hi sisters, im planning to get some supplements at the pharmqcy later.. After looking thru the archives, im thinking of getting
- conceive well gold
- dhea pills

Is the amt of folic, coq10 and fish oil sufficient in conceive well? Do i need to buy more to supplement?

Thanks!

LS: Congrate pass u some bbdust to support. Jia you. Talk to your baobei super glue strong strong to mummy. Bed rest n if can get your hubby to do or take the thing for you. Don't be shy at kkh take a wheelchair n sit. Don't move ard.

Back