IVF/ICSI Support Group

Dreambear, just for this period only. 3 more weeks to go..hehe

Babysmurf, have faith ya! Bfp bfp bfp!!!

Hope4baby, u still with dr.christopher?

Gingy79, when is ur et scheduled?
happy.gif
hope everything goes smoothly for u..

Ladies, today 2 days past et. It's really terrible 2ww. E feeling of waiting.. Up and down.. One side so excited e other side worried about the results.. ><

Hi ladies,

I am one of a graduate from this thread. Would like to say jia you to u all.
happy.gif

May I can if any ladies here did FET recently at TFC and how much is the bill size for the usage of the TFC's facilities during ET ?

Thanks

Sorry for the typo ...

May I ask if any ladies did FET recently at TFC n how much is the bill size for the usage of TFC facilities during ET ?

Babysmurf, preciousbaby n chris .. Finally get all the names :p all the best to u today
happy.gif

Babysmurf ..I noe how it feels .. Dnt tink so much lah .. Stay positive .. Bear 'hugzz' For u
happy.gif

Claris .. I noe how u feel .. Cramps n thinking of the results ..I was subconsciously stressed too during the 2ww.. Had cough etc .. Tinking if i could eat tis ir not .. But after my failed fresh .. Though sad .. Its like a load off my chest ..my cough improved etc .. .Recently talk to a Gf who succeed in her fet .. She told me she did her usual stuff .. Being her dog out to poo n pee .Go out w friends for lunch or dinner ... But nothing strenuous .. So mayb try to do some thgs u enjoy to get ur mind of the thgs after a few more days of rest .. Personally I tink our mood is very impt during the 2ww too .. Jia you !!

Hi ladies!

Think I'm joining this thread n hoping to learn from u ladies. Abit abt myself, I have been TTCing for 21 mths, did 3 unmedicated IUI n 2 SO IUIs but no luck so far. Have made up my mind to go for IVF in Oct, cos I'm going on holiday this Sat. Will take this time to rest n recharge n get ready! Am still trying to decide between Dr LC Foong in Gleneagles (whom I'm currently with), n Prof Wong in NUH. Or maybe Dr Sheila Loh in Raffles, cos that's only 10 mins fr my house/office.

Hope4baby n Lakigal, we will be cycle buddies. Hope Oct will be the month for us!
happy.gif

Jia you everyone!

Bigbear > last sat scan showed additional 2 new eggs. So fm 4 to 6 but the 2 new ones are small 11 &amp; 8. Now waiting for hubby to release his 'soldiers' &amp; I will check in to day surgery. Collection time 1pm. Heart beating fast...ha ha

Your eggs will grow nicely as u jab more ... JY

Gd morning !! Babysmurf , Chris &amp; Preciousbaby : am
Waiting to collect baby dust later. All the best for your BT!!!!
Tahope: gd luck for yr ER
happy.gif

Babysmurf, preciousbaby n chris - All the best for your BT!

Lil Ponyo, yes u can continue Immunocal even after ET. I took it all the way till I deliver.

Haiz, my pap smear result came out not good. Got adnormal cells. Think my FET got to be postpone le.

Txs bigbear &amp; sunniehope > txs. Now im lying inside a Pte suite room as 1 bedded room full Liao. NUH really so much diff fm KKH. Ha ha...

Bigbear> they hvnt pass me the HL yet. Later will chk &amp; let u know again. But I did check with nurse Serina &amp; she said wont put IVF wor...1.5hrs to go.

Hey gals I'm back
happy.gif

I1bb
Enjoy your trip!

Lin
What stage are you now at?

Laki gal/hope4baby
We might be cycle buddies
happy.gif
as I will be starting natural fet in Oct as well as my Sept cycle late..just ovulated a few days ago nia and expecting period to be here abt 1-1.5weeks later....Laki gal, will u be doing natural or medicated fet?

Babysmurf and other sisters doing bt/er/et/2ww etc..
All the best! Stay positive!

chrisl, i will b doing natural FET. Hehe glad tat hving some1 to do d same as me. Do u know wat we need to do now? Like how to build up d body? Im only taking conceive well, ensure milk n LRD on alternate day.

Hello everyone :D, I am new here to this board - this is my first post.

I was looking for support online for ivf and a cycle buddy.

I did my first IVF this month at KKH with the Egg Retrieval on 18/9 and the Embryo Transfer on 20/9. The blood test will be on 5/10. So now I am in the dreaded 2 week wait, resting and working from home.

Some history:

IUI: I did a failed IUI (with injectibles) at KKH in July 2012. I asked to go straight for IVF because DH had 2% morphology (it has since deteriorated to less than 1%)but was told it is the policy to do at least one IUI first since DH counts are quite high for other areas (volume, motility). Oh well. I also may have PCOS (do not ovulate on my own though my periods are very regular).

First IVF: I was on the antagonist cycle and started with injecting Orgalatran followed by 150 of Puregon (no change in dosage throughout the injection phase). At the second last trans vaginal ultrasound before Egg Retrival, my lining was 11mm triple. I had also 4 lead follicles and several smaller ones. On the Egg Retrieval Day, they got 10 eggs out of me, injected 9 (ICSI) and 3+1 fertilized. 3 were Grade 4 2-celled embryos and they put in 2 of the 3 on Embryo Transfer Day. The +1 was under observation. I called today (4 days after ET) to ask about the status but they said they could not give me further information and I have to go down to get the embryologist report.

I was very happy to find this thread when googling IVF support.

Thank you for reading and cheers to all :D

sisters, i got an invitation from NPTD-reach townhall on population issues which will have a discussion with DPM TEo and Minister Grace Fu.

Is time to let me hear our voice! they indicated participants' inputs will be actively sought.

Chrisl, thanks dear. Hope to hear good news from u soon!

Leor, did doc explain to u on the pap smear result?

Prosepina, u go girl!!! Speak for us ya!!! Jia yo! *shake Pom Pom ball*

Wow, prosepina, tat great news. U will b our voice. =b
Ask govt to gve more grant n open to all hospital regardless of public or private. Or to allow us to use more of our medisave.

mofmm, welcome. Now juz rest more n njoy ur 2ww.
happy.gif

Hey!! I just checked my email! I'm invited too!!! But I can't make it on 9 oct leh!!! Damn! Prosepina> 靠你了

Prosepina, yesterday on channel 8 PM Lee was addressing the current issue about the baby rate been very low. For us, cost of fertility treatments is seriously too high. We want to have babies, but just too expensive. If I am not wrong, in the US,couples get the first IVF treatment reimbursed by the government. I think this is what we called help in practical way.

i1BB, i am not Singaporean le! u think my voice they will listen meh. i think whoever commented on that website got invited..

Hey shainie, how are you dear
happy.gif

Hi 1BB. Hi Prosperina hi everyone. Im ok. Resting at home. Hv done my laproscophy abd hystrecopy last week. Everything look fine for me no blocked tubes, no endo / fibroid only PCOS issue. So as I guess my mc is all about the progrestrone jab because of hormone issue.

Ai yo... Whoever is attending the reach thingy, please speak for us can? 靠你们了! basically, 5times grant instead of 3 times, extend to pte hospitals as well, allow higher medisave deduction, companies to support IVFers all the way... These r my few suggestions. Hehe

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome. Baby dust to all too!

Just cooked black bean soup (thanks to reading this thread) and that reminded me to share information my friend shared with me - she said to lie down lots and take it easy (no stress), avoid hot baths and exercise and not drink cold stuff at all (ugh - is anyone here also suffering not being able to gulp down a nice cold drink when the weather nowadays is so hot!)...I have been suffering from bubble tea withdrawal syndrome since the Egg Retrieval Day which makes me miserable cos I think those with PCOS will crave sugary stuff Dunno how I am going to get by 2 more weeks without bubble tea
sad.gif
. Anyway, she said the most important thing is to have a positive mindset :D.

I also bought a book called 100 Best foods for pregnancy from Carrefour 2 weeks ago. There is a section called "Fertility and Conception" and they write up on the foods that according to the book, will aid conception. Thought I would also share on some of the food:

1) Pumpkin seeds: Omega 3 and Omega 6 in them help to keep oily outer part of an egg intact

2) Lemons: help to balance our acid:alkaline level= this balance is crucial in women for their hormones to work efficiently and ensure a hospitable environment for sperm. High potassium level also ensures healthy mucous levels which enables egg implantation. For best effect: make the water hot and add the juice of half a lemon

3) Free Range Eggs, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Buckwheat, Guava, Lamb, Milk, Sundried Tomatos, Quinoa, Radish, Mackeral, Coriander Leaf, Cinnamon, Miso, Pears, Passion Fruit, Green Tea

4) Brazil Nuts: they contain zinc and magnesium which support the embryo as it matures. Noticed in previous posts some people were asking where to buy these - these are available at Marks and Spencers and pretty nice cos they are coated in chocolate! :D

Any other food tips for the 2WW period will be appreciated!

PS - I don't know if these will work (read on some other pp's blogs that they ate ice cream (pp in US and UK) and even played netbook during the 2ww and got a BFP but I thought I'll just be more kiasu hehe.

Back