IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi I ask before this question for the transfer from kkh to NUH. The staff from NUH advise me to go kkh to print out all the test reports and bring to NUH is faster in this way .

dian tang,

i think kkh charge for the test reports if i m not wrong for subsidized patients

not sure if can ask doc to give copy of reports

hehe

Hmm.. Just curious, don't we all get a report for all the tests we do? I get a test report from my doctor for every test i did.. Even all the scans are printed out with evaluations for me to keep.. So if i were to change doc, i can just show the new doc the tests i've done..

Jelly: I just request from the doc or nurse after a test. They are ok le and I was a subsidized patient. Dun forget we paid for the tests . Unless u request from the medical record dept, they may charge u a fee .

Min81: I brought all the test report from kkh to NUH . But the format of two hosp sometime different . So the NUH may ask u to do again . It happen to me . NUH report have more details.

oops i requested a copy from the sonographer in kkh but she say i need to pay for the report first. <scratchhead>

think i will check with the doc / nurse next time

thanks

Hi jelly, so if I wanna change to NUH from KKH, I no need bring anything over? NUH shd b able to access my records from KKH?

Bigbear, as far as I know hor, protein is best when the ew is raw. That's y some sisters take raw ew. If ew is cooked, means protein loss....

1BB, you can either ask kkh for a copy of report or sign a consent form to allow nuh to request the report fr kkh, there is charges involve (can't remember how much). Btw the report given by kkh (for my case) is not of much used as they are all hand scribble by the Dr (NUH also don't know what is that)
sad.gif

hey hi i1bb, my test was in kkh was done recently and i din bring them over to nuh. when the doc ask me wat test i did there, he jus log into his pc and check the results and i was in his room to witness the test results as well.

n he din repeat the test that i have done at kkh, save for the scan which is required to make a BIG decision.

however, i not sure about tests that was done long ago

Bigbear, i1BB,

I think try to get watever report that u can get for free from kkh.. Anyway, like wat dian tang said, we already paid for those blood tests and scans, we shld get a basic copy of the results.. I think should be enough for the new doc to make decisions on wat tests to repeat and wat are not necessary..

i1BB, just ask from the KKIVF nurses at the counter. They usually will print out a copy for you. FOC
happy.gif

You thinking of switching to NUH for next cycle?

Hi ladies,

Done my Et today, out of the 18 fertilised, 17 was cleaved, transferred 2. Freeze 15. My 2ww officially start! Any cycle buddies here?
happy.gif

Prosepina> how much is yr amh? u changing to dr loh? u went to his clinic or TFC? tsb said not everyone can eat bai feng wan... u can chk with her, she said i eat also no use de.. sometimes i find dr loh quite sacarstic :p and i quite scare of him!

babysmurf, chris> wonder how is the bt today??

joyhope> sgh does er/et on sun/ph. my friend got clash a date on sun, and the dr came back.

i1bb> u intend to change to nuh? do u mean half boil eggs or totally raw? raw eggs is best nt to be taken as there are virus in raw eggs.. hard boil will have no more protein?

crisl> bon voyage!

ya, we shld be getting all the reports free as long as doc approves the release.

Claris > Impressive numbers! Relax like a queen, and praying for your bb dust.

Lin > Sgh does er/et on sun/ph... any idea about nuh? I heard kkh does not do it on sun/ph.

lin: my amh only 1.8 at age of 30.
sad.gif
really sad! will check with TSB again when i back to see her in Oct on bai feng wan. i quite like Dr.Loh le, he is so chatty, we talked about 30mins maybe only for 1st consultation.

gingy> good luck to u too!

joyhope> not sure abt nuh.. so how are u now?

Prosepina> wow u are so young ah!! ya first consultation we also talk abt 30min.. but i din know that must stop 2mths before ivf for tcm.. when u seeing tsb? i only seeing her 1 nov liao..

claris> also agree with jelly, at yr age, success is very high

Lin > Oh did the trial cannulation today, it's actually a mock ET. A bit uncomfortable. Will be starting on my lucrin jabs soon, worried as both me and DH has no experience with diy jabs.

For ladies with OHSS, I was told you can be put on protein drip to bring it down, very effective but costly at $300+ per bottle, most will require about 3 bottles. So nurse said best is to prevent it by taking in lots of protein. She also recommended gnc protein shake.

joyhope> how abt yr meals?

u can take immunocal too, as the sisters here are taking, and eat lots of EW.. also to prevent ohss besides protein, must drink lots of water (2-3L daily)

Luv &amp; Lin, am considering if wanna switch to NUH professor Wong or not.... Dilemma leh... As for ew I only know once it's cooked the protein will b gone

Wow Claris, impressive numbers!!! Gd luck n waiting for u to spread bb dust to us!!! I was a private patient at kkh b4 &amp; e nurse photocopy all reports I did in kkh FOC for me.

Regarding egg whites, think should be OK to take half boiled or hard boiled type or fried. Cos the protein is not lost. Do a Google check on it and there are lots of info on it. Better don't take it raw.

sunstillshine...

i was given clomiphene when i was in thomson. wanna try for IUI but the result of my hubby sperm are low so we decided to go KK for ivf.

anyone know what herbal should take before ivf? i saw many sister out there taking eggs whites, may i know what is the benefit? and any good recommance TCM.

i1BB, no harm going to see Prof Wong and see what he proposes? Then u can compare with Dr Sadhana and make a choice u're comfortable with.
happy.gif

1BB, for BT result usuallly kkh nurses can print a copy for you upon request. KKH do not keep proper record for ivf, at least for my case is true.

Result of all BT taken from Polyclinic and govt hospital are shared but provided they upload in the system.

1BB, NUH is a good choice. I personally find their service are much better and staffs are delicated to their job. I am so far satistified with their service. And Pro Wong is also a very delicated Dr.

i1BB-Hi, maybe while waiting for Prof Wong's appt, U might want to attend the talk about IVF by CHR (NUH), maybe from there U would get to know how the procedure is done. U also get to hear from embrologist in the talk.
The difference might be all scans before ER are done by Prof, unless he on leave, scans are also done by another IVF Dr.
After ET, U will need to rest in bed for at least 2 hour before discharge.
Even if there is any spotting/bleeding before BT after ET, U can call CHR. Likely U would be advised to do early BT &amp; given early support jabs.
Personally I like the service there.
Prof Wong is a man with few words, however if U ask him questions, he would patiently explaining to U. Better prepare all yr questions beforehand.
Hope this helps.

Hi sistas, my ER confirmed on 24/9. Lining growing slow 7mm. Dr Zou asks me to continue red bean soup...

Any sistas doing ER nx week? JY.

Ladies, my 1st ivf BT on 26 sep but full flow of menses from last night. Been a silent reader, done iui last yr but unsuccessful too.
sad.gif
((

BigBear n Dreambear, thanks! Reading here really makes me feel I'm not alone wi many brave sisters fighting e same battle!
I got 9 eggs become 3 embryos, use 2 embryos, freeze 1 embryo.
Any advice whether go ahead wi e 1 frozen embryo or go for fresh cycle no. 2 then combine fresh cycle no. 2's frozen embryo/s wi cycle no.1 frozen embryo?

Cos feel put 2 frozen embryo got more chance?

Hi ladies taking blackmores coq10 75 mg,

Was at unity earlier.. It's going at half price.. $39 instead of $78
happy.gif
Expiry date is Sep 2013.. Offer valid till 27 Sep..

Daffier, during my first fresh I also have 3 fertilized embroys and used 2, freeze 1. I do a fresh again and thaw the forzen 1 then pick the best 2. At the end the thaw one dose not look good so the Dr used the 2 fresh embroys. I suggest u take a good 4-5 months break first then start your 2nd fresh. I know is not easy...this journey has never been easy for many of us. Jia you wor! Mine to share which hospital, type of protocol, medication and dosage?

BigBear thanks for ur kind advice! I also need to c my colleague stil ard to cover duties or not.

Mine at kkivf, Sahdana, long protocol wi Lucrin 10 units daily, puregon 200 units for a wk, 300 units for 5 days.

Back