IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hope, I would think it is ok!
happy.gif

Just take whichever supplements or food, that you feel comfortable with. As each body varies from one another, what works for others may not work for me. In my case, I am just using my blood tests as a guide. Seems like there has been improved reading, so I just continue.

In fact, I stopped ensure milk during suppression stage, and am starting to take one every alternate day during stimulation.

Yes, you are right.. We have lotsa cycle buddies this month! Let's all jiayou together!

Blurbabe, thanks for your sharing on brazil nuts too.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
Just came back from my scan at KKH. Lining is 11 already. Doc wanted to do blasto for my remaining 5 frozen embbies.. scared they may not be able to make it..
Was reading the insurance brochure that KKH wants us to buy. Seems that it's only paying daily benefit if baby needs to be hospitalised in a neonatal 2 and abv ward. If we buy a Shield insurance, wouldn't it be better?

Joyfully, thanks for the info. I should be starting ER in 2 weeks time. Hope all goes smoothly. This is my 1st cycle, very blur, dont know what to expect and dunno what to do. Luckily all sisters here are very helpful
happy.gif

Thanks Chrisl for the advice. Lazy me boil the LRD at night and keep it in thermo flask, then morning juz grab and leave for work. I'm a sleepyhead, so I rather sleep more than to do all cooking in the morning. hee... That's why my drink turn cold by noon time. Think I'll have to change the strategy a bit.. prepare everything at night and start the boiling the moment i get up :T

Blurbabe, jia you. Me also super blur... but lucky there's many support here
happy.gif

CelC, my ER is also in 2 weeks time.
happy.gif
And this is my first fresh too. Indeed, I have learnt a lot from all the sisters here.
happy.gif

CelC i see, might be a wiser choice to get a better quality thermos then. Cos if can keep warm longer, you can boil the night before still (and get your sleep hehehe), just warm it up and pour into flask in the morning b4 work. YYour work place got microwave? Cos you can also microwave your EW when you reach working plc..
happy.gif

BTW, joyfully, i also had a small polyp removed prior to IVF. Dr Khong din give me option. He said to remove coz may affect implantation. Anyway, Jia You! Main thing is Think Positive !

Depressed gal, I'm not sure but I think durians are heaty. Maybe you can take more red dates drink instead? When r u starting your cycle?

Blurbabe, thx for sharing! Maybe I will take 1 a day to slow it down Hee. I thought brazil nuts are heaty and didn't know it will affect the lining! I'm waiting for AF to come to start my stimulation....should come this week!

Joyfully, yah maybe I will stick to what I eat now. Thx!
happy.gif

blurbabe: thanks for your info on brazil nuts! I got thick lining in my last cycle (15 which dr Zou said too thick). Think i will need to avoid red bean soup n brazil nuts during my next cycle. btw, in case any sista interested, Dr Zou said acu could help to improve lining (both too thin or too thick).

CeIC, alternatively u can wash and put the red dates etc in the thermos flask but add the hot water only when u reach office? Let it sit for 2 hours then drink.

Wow, blurbabe, well done!
happy.gif
all the best to your ER and ET! Hope you'll bring us gd news soon.
happy.gif

Btw, can I check with you what is the rest period like, for removal of your polyp to doing ivf?

Celec: I dun boil the LRD. I put longgan, red date and wolfberries in a small Tupperware and brig to Ofc. I give it a quick Rinse then add to my thermo flask. It can last me the whole afternoon to drink (maybe add 3 times refill) until I finish work.

Hope, I will b starting my cycle once my AF is here. But hope it will not come as dis mth being trying naturally haha

But think more or less shld b able to know d result liao
sad.gif

Joyfully, i am not too sure. The procedure is non-invasive i.e. only abt 10-15mins. Don't think need long rest period. After my procedure, i went back for review 2 weeks later and Dr Khong clears it immediately and refer me to KKIVF liao. But i think better reconfirm with Dr.

Depressed gal, I also hope AF won't come but I don't have high hopes either.... Should be coming within these few days. It's ok let's try hard for our ivf!

Blurbabe! Jia you and hope you will bring us good news soon!
happy.gif

Hope, yup now can only hope IVF work for me coz i already failed 2 cycles of IUI and rite nw, im starting to prepare my body with those foods/ drinks recommended by d ladies here
happy.gif

Just tat sometime get v tired n sick of eating these stuffs n craving for sinful stuffs esp when dh eating ice cream infront of me

depressed gal you hv not started stimulation right? A small ice-cream is ok lah..my bfp round i also ate some but control not eat so much lah..

Depressed gal! I totally understand! Find it hard too when I go out with frens.... Gotta drink hot stuff which is so unlike me. Hope our efforts will pay off!

Chrisl, im trying not to eat coz for me little will b little n little n little n in d end i ate d whole tub haha

Hope, ya now whenever i go out w my frenz i juz drink only plain water haha for hot stuff i find there like nothin for me to drink coz i love hot tea but then heard tat tea is quite cooling so i try not to drink so now wherever i go, my water bottle is w me...lolz like a little baby gal

Depressed gal: I can totally relate to u!!! I also carry water bottle, no tea no cold drinks for me too. If not I ask for fruit Juice without ice (unchilled drinks)
Hope: Dr zou ask me to refrain from tea coz its Liang !!!

Luvnhope, thanks for the advice. Was hoping no need to go thru rectum as I have constipation and sometimes the urge comes I must go. So also worried rectum may have problem. Will try it to see how. Cyclogest is really messy! Esp pass motion, coz I tend to strain, most of it comes out together!! (tmi, sorry!) Was thinking to ask for other progesterone support instead of this?

Prosepina, can go ntuc xtra like Amk hub.. Or some kiosk also got sell, I saw one at causeway point basement.

Basil nuts u may pop in to those organic shop. They also got sell but taste very raw. I try to make it with my oats n ensure milk as breakfast.

(posting on behalf of my sister who is doing her uni paper)

Hi, I'm doing up a research paper and will like to seek some opinions on assisted reproduction technology (e.g IVF) and your views on adoption of babies.

If you are a mum who is considering ART and/or adoption, please help me by answering these few questions.

Thank you so much!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7NTQBY3

Prosepina ; not sure where u stay , but theres a nuts shop selling at parkway parade shopping basement (Pat's oven). By weight :$4.40 per 100g
happy.gif

Hope : for coffee, i drink a tiny cup once a day only. Try not to take too much caffine also. Can't do without kopi , will feel Slpy , Hee.
Joyfully: Ribena sound gd, nvr think of that, I always order milo hot, haha can't think of wat else to drink.

Conceive well contains folic acid, do i still need to take additional folic acid? I haf those from
Gnc (probably 400 or 800mcg) sorry for asking , me alwys afraid that I eat too much supplements
sad.gif

blurbabe..when is yr trigger shot..yr follicles size looks ok..my biggest also ard 16mm on my last scan...chiong ew after trigger shot not much help le...yr lining is gd so dun worry

Conceivewell folic acid is quite a small amount I think. Once start ivf. Dr will prescribe 5mg folic acid and even if u add conceive well it's ok.. As previously mentioned, it's water soluble so excess will be passed out. I think i read before required folic acid intake is just around 400mcg but for ivf, dr always give 5mg which is much more.
Just some other nutrients I'm not sure will be excessive or not. As some supplement has a lot of other vitamins and minerals.

mc, my trigger shot is tmr. I am worried coz the doc said mine are growig slow. It's already my 4th scan and biggest still at 16.5. On the other hand, i oso scare if i chiong too many EW, i will have many follicles, which may result in serious OHSS. Dillemma. Anyway i think i will take 12 for today and tmr. After tt go back to 4. Thanks for your encouragement ! I really hope for the best.

Blurbabe... Jiayou, jiayou!!! Just do according to your plan.
happy.gif
All the best to your trigger shot, and may your follicles grow to the most ideal size on the day of egg retrieval!!

SunnieHope, I can't help but still take coffee too! Last week, I tried taking 2 cups... Very xin ku for me, cos I used to take one cup daily.

Nurul, replied u.

Now GSS, got lots of discounts out there. Shld stock up on our supplements. Saw that the bigger tin ensure milk now comes with a free shaker at cold storage.

Fou Fou replied back

Yup i saw e Ensure wif e shaker et my place. Too bad onie Vanilla flavour. Think i must go to other big NTUC outlet to get one...hehehe

Back