IVF/ICSI Support Group

Chevy.. Prior stim only at night when I sleep cos I on air-con. During stim and 2ww, I wear them all the time when I am at home cos the tummy warmer looks obvious if I wear them out..haha..

Babygalore and Luv.. I think your follicies size are good. Even my 16mm can make it, yours sure no problem.

Bruno..my final scan had 8 follicies, biggest at 16mm, then I chiong 12 EW and 6 packs immunocal daily for 2 days prior my trigger shot and ER got 9. During ET, only 4 make it but got 1 grade 5, 2 grade 4 and 1 grade 3. Transferred the grade 5 and 4. So dun worry..if you hit 16 tml, you should be good to go. If you continue to jab, I am jus afraid that the lining will be too thick.

Lining grow about 1-2mm daily and all will slow down after trigger shot.

Kikigal..I also worried abt my prog level and requested for another BT but Dr Tan refused. However, after much pestering and giving him the worried look, he prescribe me the Utrogestan (2 tablets once a day) in addition to the prog pill. You may try asking.

Kittybaby, you wanna try 24hrs O&G instead of waiting till tml?

Shainie..He say no need cos I am not spotting or anything like that. But I told him I want to play safe as I am carrying twins and I am old..lol

Kity gal, when I admitted on 1st May and scan next day babies cannot be seen the ward Dr on duty can tell me I maybe having etopic pregnancy. My husband very angry. She even said my pregnancy is 3wks when it is 51/2 weeks. I told her that this is ivf pregnancy and she still said it is 3wks pregnancy and maybe etopic. Ask me to stay another 2 days. My DH rush to IVF centre from ward to find my DR. Very simple and straight forward Dr Tan said I m/c better I go home rather than stay at the ward.

I don't know after this incident after the MO rejected my request for the jab I only trust my Dr. The ward Dr mostly junior Dr.

Joyfully: wah.. so sweet of you... i really looking forward to come home and fulfill our dream.. its been a long wait! All the best for your cycle!

Kitty baby, since u've done ur best, try not to think too much & rest well. All the best for ur BT tomorrow! We know how u feel yar.. hope to send u some positive energy.

Kiki_gal, good tt ur spotting has stopped. I read some sisters said Dr Tan SB TCM can help with spotting throughout pregnancy. Mebbe u can try TCM herbs? Hope u'll have a smooth sailing pregnancy!

mc, 12 EW per day?? *faint* I try 8 soft-boiled first..

BabyGalore, Luv, so far ur ER is here. Seems like everyone have good lining & follicle size. Bruno shd follow soon too.
BabyGalore, dun worry, after ER u'll have 2-3 days to rest before ET. Best to clear ur work now so tt they won't disturb u during 2ww until ur BT yar
happy.gif

hi all, i have been TTC for more than a year w/o success. Already have a 3YO gal and really anxious to give her another companion. I also had a chemical pregnancy in Dec11. Recently just went to KKIVF for testing to see if we have any fertility issues, but really frustrated with the stage by stage testings and consultations. I already had my Day 2 BT done (no prob according to Dr) and DH had his SA too. He had an excellent count of 205mil (really flew out of my expectations since the avg was only 80mil) but did not pass the quality test. However Dr say that the large volume will probably compensate for the poor quality.

Dr now advised me to go for laproscopy examination but i insisted i only wanted to do HSG. Jus want to find out if everyone here had done either laproscopy or HSG before embarking on their IVF/IUI journey? All these tests and consulations are taking up to 3 mths to complete before the Dr allow me to do IUI. So i'm really getting very impatient.

Ya....dun understand why they can't just prescribe. We rationalize with them, twice I was given the jab, twice it stopped the bleeding. Issit it the best proof that the jab helps? If they feel that the lvl is high enough then why is so difficult to do a BT and confirm. Really thinking of changing hospital.

Kiki, that's flash my head too. Can we go Thomson /mount E instated if touched-wood any spotting, seems like kk not really there to help us.

Anyone email moh regarding this issue? Why private can give while kk can't? My friend her HCG dropped to 20 her doctor still allow her to take support jabs. Not sure is progesterone or any other jab

@niemweis, Hi!
Mine was pretty straight forward. I went for my 1st appointment a week after my D&C. We went for the blood test. And i was on the 1st SO-IUI programme within 5 weeks (6weeks past D&C)

Kikigal, u may want to consider pte gynea as i dont understand why KKH is so relectant to give additional support especially when IVF pregnancy is so fragile.

Not sure if the other govt hospital also so strict in giving jab or it's just KK? Going to see Dr Jerry tomorrow to see what he says.

Hi apble, that's real efficient. I went for 1st consultation late apr, took BT/SA early may. 2nd consultation today. Now Dr ask me take Hsg (cos i refuse Lap) after next menses n next consultation is early july! I find it such a waste of time n have been thinking that the Dr jus wanna earn more consultation fees??

@Niemweis,
After my unsuccessful 2nd So-iui,, at the post IUI review in April, we even managed to book IVF for July, way before the ivf counselling/briefing and the U/s Sono. In fact we are flying back only next week for the briefing and the U/s.

Kikigal, you may want to call Dr Loh's clinic to check.
Tel: 6526 1003

I was there today and i heard some new patients calling to make appt. But hor, pls be prepared to wait (abt 1-2hrs) for your appointment as Dr Loh is very popular. Sometimes he may be called away for emergency delivery, so appt will be delayed further. Honestly, comparing to Dr Loh's appt at KKH last time, the waiting time at TMC is considered fast liao cos i ever waited for Dr Loh at KKH for 4hours and only get to see him for 5mins. Now at TMC, the consultation can be as long as 30mins if u hv alot of questions lah.
happy.gif

JoanneTan, ya my BT on 28th...still got 1 week!
Think all my symptoms going away... no more sore breasts... not as bloated... still hoping for the best & preparing for the worst.

Kittybaby, all the best for your BT tml. Wished for the best!

Kiki I agree with Bbjourney that if u can go to pte to get add support. It is better for ur baby. For the time being rest well.

Prosperina, when I email KKH abt this their answer is we let the head of department know about this. No explanation given why my request for jab was turn down. I even mention y Pte Hospital can give extra support and why KKH can't.

Shainie, I guess govt system is like that. They just drag your time and never give a direct answer. Say will forward to Head of dept then? How about u? They don't seem to really care or understand what we are going through or it could be shorthanded so they do things half hearted or they simply no time to give us more care and concern. Even though we pay lesser than Pte, it's still a lot of $$ involved and we are still placing our dreams in their hands.
sad.gif
Hope they will improve!
Sorry for such a long winded post! Simply frustrated with kk and what you and a few others been through.. such a bad experience.

Neimweis, I did hsg before doing ivf... It's to test for blocked tubes. At kk, it's quite a long process.. I also undergo few blood tests, then ultrasound then hsg. Dh also did 2 SA, about 2 months apart to see if any improvement. Eventually based on all results, dr still did not ask us to go ivf. Just told us to go back try 6more months then consider ivf.. Which we did as we were unprepared too.. In end I took a whole year plus before embarking on ivf. Maybe if you already decided on iui, can just let dr know. But still they will want to see if tubes blocked or any other underlying problems.

All those in 2ww, all the very best and hope more babydusts coming!

Everyone else cycling, jia you jia you!

I guess at the end of the day, govt hospital doc are paid how much as compared to pte hospital, so there is no high lvl of monetary satisfaction. They do so much they still get the same pay. So as long as they follow the protocol it sufficient for them liao.

The ward dr came again......ask the same questions again, any cramp, or bleeding. Tell them go urine got streak of blood, they don't seems concern. But say can stay till no more bleeding or streak of blood.

Anyway I give up on them liao. Discuss with DH, we will be going to Dr Loh. I just hope BB can hold on w/o extra support till first appt with Dr Loh.

Nurul, thanks!
It's so hard not to think abt it... Disappointment has totally taken over me. The feeling of failing again is so overwhelming that I dun feel like working...

Sorry for the negative thoughts so early in the morning.

Fou fou, sometimes symptom not accurate one. Like MC, Blur _xuan they all feel nausea and cant eat much but I don't nausea. Instead I eat a lot. So don't worry abt the symptoms. My second week I'm so busy with my granny's funeral that I didn't bother if got symptom or not. Just don't stress yourself too much on the symptom.

Cas yup it is true.. it seem they did not bother. What protocol can do after I loss my babies? I know the jab may or may not save my baby coz in the end it is in God's Hand but ATLEAST they have done their best and I have no regret. I suffer emotionally thinking why I loss my baby? Why the MO refuse to give jab to me? Why must we 'shout loud' for them to act? I even told them I embark in IVF not face M/c after BFP. Y govt ask to increase fertility rates but there is no medical support when we really need it. I actually cannot accept their answer. They did not feel the pain of losing babies. They did not feel the pain, that's y they can just give simple answer. They did not know I cry silently. They did not know how emotionally I disturb after twice m/c. If they put themself in our shoes then they know how pain it is. The pain that I suffer. I miss my babies so much, did they know. Atleast they give definate answer I may satisfied. To let the dept head know for what if there is no improvement. Another life to be sacrifice just because they want to follow protocol. This will go as marry go round for them. Can see what. Kitty facing it now. Complaint have been made or not things still remain the same. No improvement. Im not a Dr to teach them but if every Drs have emphaty towards us they will put aside protocol to save our babies life. It is a life and can u imagine people playing with my little angel life. Im angry, frustrated with what happen. If they really want to see a number of birth in SG increase they should give extra medical support to us. I just want to know what reason they hide for not giving the jab ? Imagine i got jab on the 1st and 2nd May it takes a week for the jab to go from my body, hcg did not drop suddenly eventhough i m/c meaning to say it helps to stabilize my hormone but it is too late..too late. If on the 28/4 the MO did not refuse to jab me I may save my babies. Indirectly eventhough maybe there is a problem with my embbies. My question who 'kill' my babies?
Did I embark in IVF to 'kill' a precious life? No rite? Im angry and frustrated with them.

Just wondering if going to press will help wake up their ideas? I guess we have to create awareness to the public on this then maybe they might re-look at their protocol?

Shainie, really sorry to hear that. Remember whatever happen is not ur fault k. I believe our baby(ies) r on their way to our home so hang in there. B strong n soon...very soon...we will all reach d destiny

Do u all think if all of us keep write complaint letter to KK or even escalate to MOH, some action will be taken? Think if many of us write the complaint letter, i think sure some1 will take action. If not we complaint to STOMP or even comment in Lee's fb?

Just a question.. Did u all work till the the day before your er? I feel so uncomfortable and bloated.. Called in sick today..

kiky the question u get from the ward Dr is a routine. It's a tape recorder. Same question repeated to different patient. I had been thru it. If nurse ask me the same question maybe it is their duty but Dr ask same question to diff patient.. Dunno lei. Stay in bed but no add support do u think can save ur baby. Sorry to say for me my answer No. In my 1st m/c i was warded for bleeding like u. Injection only once. Three days inside ward no more injection given. Back home still got spotting. Hb scan i see bb hb but 2 days later i m/c. The worst is i got wrong advice from Dr that after hb seen it is safe.. Yes it safe. My little angel go to heaven. I have to forgo baby edd 3/3/2012 to embark my another FET and after all i m/c my twins..same reason, refuse to give jab!

Sorry ladies to pour out my emotions here. I just feel frustrated that everytime KKH reject medical support to us. I feel the pain evethough it happen to other sister I feel it, coz i have been thru it.
For me medical is not about protocol only it is about saving life.

Ya lor....I just feel they are so routine. They also said the same to me....bb got hb can substain on their own liao, so increase in progesterone is not needed. If so why pte hospital still giving support? A bunch of bullshit. Why it's so difficult to give the jab? Don't understand what is their concern.
Although now not spotting, i'm not taking any risk. Going to call Dr Loh's clinic ltr.

Shainie, I can understand your frustration. Our hospitals are very shorthanded. I totally agree that our government should give us more hospital and financial support when they keep wanting us to have more babies. Eventhough I am with private hospital, we pay through our nose with nicer smiles from the nurses, shorter waiting time and more contact time with the RE. I had polypectomy last month and it already cost me $3.5k. $2.5 upfront and $1.5 medisave. Just got my estimate for IVF $15K hor. I guess it would be 15-18K if I need more medication and somemore I am taking new drug so I am prepared already. My rationale is I dont have car, dont have condo, dont have kids, I might as well be nicer to myself. But everytime is a bank breaking and heart pain experience loh. So we just have to make our own judgement.

that's the reason last i emailed to MOH asked them to give government grant to pte hospital for ART patients. At the end of the day, we are the one paying the excess $ after CPF withdrawal n govt grant. Why bother can only do it in govt hospital. The waiting time is long, our biological clock is ticking. the point i mentioned to them is every cycle is precious, we only have 12 chances in a year.

i'm really disappointed with govt hospital or rather just KK (is this happen to other govt hostpial?) for not extended their help to us. argh! sorry to bring such negative emotion in this early morning.

Hi BabyGalore, bloatedness can be due to ohss. Other signs are breathlessness, decrease in urine. Pls drink water a lot 2l min, take ur food in small portion to lessen the bloatedness. Rest well..

Nurul if the cramps is not heavy i mean mild cramps but similar to af cramps it maybe implantation. I had that cramps and thought Im going to get AF. Have faith. Ur BT today is it the progrestrone BT? If it is low they will increase it. Take care.

Shainie i feel tt since they did nth n no explaination.. Write to stomp.. Make it public.. Gov wan bb rates but treat us like tt its so unfair to us.. U wan answer if not u will keep tinking wats wrong n u will get emotionally disturb all e time.. I wish tt ur qns will b answered n I wish sometink can b done n BBies can b saved in future..

My heart really reached out to all sisters in this forum, feeling so emo once again reading on the post this morning. Be it the lost or the desire to have our precious one, why is it so difficult? Is GOD seeing n feeling us! I lost my faith at time. To be frank, i have never been happy since i started on this journey. Too many things to watch out n too many uncertainties. I do not know how long can I hold on as time is tickling away. I dare not embark on my 3rd fresh as I scare that if I am going to fail again my dream of having my bb may be shattered.
sad.gif

Kikigal, i suggest that you call Dr Loh's clnic at TMC in the morning to make your appt as the nurse is really busy in the afternoon when Dr Loh comes in the afternoon. Dr Loh is stationed at TFC helping the other sister with IVF in the morning. The clinic at TMC is open in the morning as Dr Marianne is stationed there the whole day.

Btw, Dr Loh also have additional night clinic on every Tuesday and Thursday from 630pm-8pm. You can call the nurse and ask if she can squeeze you in but hv to wait hor.

Berry, congratulations on seeing your baby's heartnbeats. Rest well and take care.

Nurul, are u feeling better now?

BabyJourney. Better not reali. Stil nauseous, bloatedness, my appetite is stil bad
sad.gif
. Lately having mild cramps but its mostly twitching kind of pain et my left side...Tis morning kinda like menses cramps. Now otw for BT progesterone.

Back