IVF/ICSI Support Group

<font color="aa00aa">Dawn - Watching Chef Wan's daughter's wedding on AFC
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Moo, I find that some docs are straight to the point unless we make an effort to ask more questions - I sometimes go in with a list of questions jotted down on a paper, else I find that I come out with of the appointment with my questions unanaswered</font>

shoes
I'm eyeing on Zojirushi HAQ10. Quite small, like a airpot. Hubby and I have wholemeal bread every morning. So thought of making our own bread.

stickybfp
added already ah. I MSN u.

<font color="aa00aa">Miracle - ooooo i must go check that one out. Never seen that one before, its a good investment if you use it everyday</font>

Shoes,

I just switched to that too! I only subscribed to AFC after the free preview over CNY. Chef Wan is really indulgent of his daughter huh?

Moo,

I like Dr Ng (even though he definitely has less experience than Dr Paul Tseng for IVF) cause he is very patient to answer questions. My first consultation with him took an hour. Even today, when we were exploring my options post the failed IVF, the consultation took almost an hour.

Angela is very kind too. Even though I am not really with CARE, she gave me her mobile no and offered to administer my pregnyl at 1 a.m. if I couldn't find a clinic near my place.

dawn
please dont mind, how much do you paid for fresh ivf? kkh est $10 to $15k. initially, went to dr loh just for 2nd opinion, but ended up with kkh for so-iui, now if consult another dr in CARE for another opinion, my DH might get confuse...

Moo: he v nice but somehow i still think therr is a distance from him lor. Not v personable, if there is such a word hee. Er my kk est is abt 8k leh after grant and all. How come urs like ex?

Sticky: i search the last time and saw motherhood stuff so dare not proceed to add

Moo,

To be honest, I haven't dared to compute the cost yet! Argh! But the cost is also dependent on the dosage of stimulation drugs cause Puregon and Menopur (I would presume Gonal-F too) are expensive. I need to pay for ultrasound and consultation each time I see Dr Ng to monitor my follicles also. I don't know how CARE charges for that if you go directly to them. Maybe the other sisters here who go to CARE can help on that.

But I think ballpark is about 15-20k.
sad.gif
So after utilising Medisave, still out of pocket by 10k.
sad.gif

dawn

wow thats alot of money, i have spent more than 3k for iui and so-iui, my DH asked why waste time for iui since ivf have better chance to conceive? dr ng said ivf is the last hope for us, so try iui first.

hi serene,
sry late reply...
me got no day 2 menses... so i did one cycle on ocp, then did short cycle... doc didnt explain y...
i was on cent for day 2, 3 &amp; 4... then day 4 onwards i start gonal f...

Moo,

Dr Chris Ng told us that 3 SOIUIs is equivalent to 1 IVF. My hubby and I had initially thought we'll give SOIUI another try before moving to IVF but my cycles were so irregular (1 month 27 days no spotting, next month 23 days, spotting from day 18), we decided to just go for IVF which is more regulated.

But now, haha, my AR still hasn't reported 17 days after ET!

Ladies,

Sorry, another question. Are Dr Zou's medicines the own self brew type or in powder form? If you don't do accupuncture, how often would you see her?

dawn

mine also since last year my menses become irregular, usually less than 29days and heavy flow only 1.5days (for my past all the time was 35days) i was thought maybe i am monopause soon, went to see gynea, she explaint monopause will delay the menses not shorten...lucky!!!

Hi gals
Just consulted Angela today. Have to wait 2 cycles before starting FET. She was saying either natural, with jabs or oral estrogen. Not sure which to go yet, will have to ask Paul on this.

Dawndew,
Sorry it's bfn. Lets look forward to FET together. I only have 2 embyos frozen (1 grade 1-, one grade 2) and don't even know if they survive the thaw. But will take one step at a time.

Bird nest
Someone mentioned abt taking birds nest when preg? My advice is don't take it. My daughter had phlegm in her lungs 1 week after birth &amp; PD asked if I had alot of birds nest when preg, which I did. So don't waste ur $.

Good luck Janice!

hi dawn,
is powder

hi bcube,
*hugs*
my soiui starts stimulation jab on day 2, 5 days later go scan see how the growth, can jab for a few more days... then inject hcg then iui or natural... the dose is lower etc... and no worries of ohss...

Morning Sistas...

Lynn: best of luck for ur ER..

Bluenose: gd news... Can start stim soon..;-)

Me now otw to kk for the prog jab then off to Dr Zou..;-)

Hv a nice day Sistas

good morning everybody

flowers
in fact i've prepared myself tons of question to answer and my DH is also there with me, he was just step out for a phone call before my turn, when he returned, saw me just out from the consultant room, he asked "so fast? what did the dr said?"....my answer "i dont know!" he fainted

Good morning, everyone!

I am seeing my Chinese physician at Eu Yan Sang Paragon and Angela at CARE this morning then it's back to work after lunch. Sigh...
sad.gif
And I already have meetings scheduled tomorrow.
sad.gif

Morn sistas!

I skipped work tdy to take care of dh coz he got food poisoning. Aiyoh like tat how to bd? I heard bd before ET can increase chances.

Back