IVF/ICSI Support Group

someone was asking what 6DP3DT means
6DP3DT = 6 Days Past a 3 Day Transfer

meaning 6 days past ET, and ET was done 3 days after ER/ovulation
it's the most specific way of saying which day in 2ww u r in.

Winnie
Blastocyst as in?? Day 5?? Sorry dun realli know abt these terms.
Btw.. I m Oli on prengyl jab. Nurse say sufficient Le.. If unwell..24 Hr womans centre..

Miracle
Was told day 3 transfer usually 6-8 cells. Duno lei.. Dun realli know Hw to interpret d cells.. Can't go out nw.. Hubb nagging that I walk alot. I juz can't get to sleep lor... I took a pix of it.. I go chk them out later..

sesame,
spotting in the 1st tri is very common. as long as its under control u should be fine
happy.gif

grumpus, ya lo, I was told not to be too paranoid. So whenever I can, I will lie down at home, and sit in office without much movements. Hopefully it will ease off soon. Do you hv any idea why some ladies hv spotting after bfp while some do not hv?

Thanks sesame! You take care too!!

See, I told you all. I'm so bloody blur I didn't even ask the embryologist how many cells etc etc. She just gave me the pic and explained my grading. I haven't collected my summary yet cos Dr Loh told them to observe my embbies a few more days to see if its possible to freeze more.

Today I decided to park myself in front of the computer. Been sleeping TOO MUCH! So ceraine, you got company. LOL.

Question: If the longan tea that I boil tastes yucky to me (cos many foods have been yucky tasting to me lately), can I drink the Alls Well brand one?? The ready made off the shelf type?

sesame,
i dunno why some ppl hv spotting and some dun. i think i ask my dr before and they also dunno the reason.
but it happens even in natural pregnancies. some spot and some dun.

Sesame & grumpus,
may I ask if ur spotting is v.light brownish ? And u r experiencing on-off spots still ? I had a huge scare on spotting and slight bleeding few days back ! Now I get scared when I need to visitbthe loo.

grumpus, I was told the same by my bff also - no reason provided by her gynae and she was not even jabbed even when she spot, during her 2 natural pregnancies. I hope it wun affect my babies...Thanks...

day, my spotting can be brownish and sometimes v light pinkish discharge. But each time is not much, v much smaller than a 5 cent coin. Nothing will be on my panty liner, only when I wipe then I will see it. But it will ease off after 2 hrs or so. I find tt I spot when I walk or stand more. So u try to sit/lie down whenever u can. I am trying to get some MCs from Dr Loh on my next visit to stay at home to rest.

Ckk,
Mine was constipation. However, I understand from some other preggie ladies that they had diarrhea initially too when they found out they were pregnant. Their Gynae told them not to take milk first as it'll cause gas n bloat n worsen diarrhea. U may wish to stop the milk for a while.

Soul,
For the first 4 to 5 days after ET, I was achy all over esp in my middle chest n body area. I thought it was due to the antibiotics. When I called KK up to ask they said so far no one complain of it. I just bore with it basically. No appetite too n bloated due to mild OHSS. If yours is really bad do go straight down to 24hrs.

Pink m,
CONGRATS! Really happy that you received such wonderful news for your anniversary!
happy.gif

day,
sorry, i didn't get any spotting during my 2 pregnancies so i dun hv actual experience :p

sesame,
yup, for natural pregnancy totally no support if no spotting. if u spot then dr prescribe duphaston and that usually works to control the spotting. whereas for ivf default already take duphaston, so if still spot need next level which is jab liao.

Grumpus,
Need to ask u something too. My spotting seems to be higher at the frontal part of the liner. It'll be there esp if I move or walk too much. I'm thinking that shld be from the urinary tract n not vaginal. I highlighted this to Dr Loh before n even did a urine culture test. No one called me meaning results r fine.l I'm wondering if u might know the cause of it.

Pink M: thanks for the baby dust...keeping it safely in my BIG BIG bag...thank u for sharing the info with us..I feel very very confident and hepi to read ur post..Yes I will succeed soon...;-)

sesame_oil - mine are seperate saces, so non-identical twins, might be 1boy 1girl, might be 2 boys/ girl but won't look identical.

why lei ? i put 2 in so expected them to be seperate.

if u put 1 in only & u got twins means the egg spilt & high chance they are identical

Soul.. Where got company.. I can't sleep yet u sleep alot.. Haha...

Winnie
Yupz.. I google on d cell division. Day 3, ideal to hv 6-8 cell with some more than 7 cell..
N blast good controls for multiples..
But I also read day 5 blast will reach abt 100 cells...

Yeah.. Keeping my finger cross, high chance of Bfp...

Next I need to goggle... Ways to fall asleep!!!

Probably too much urine still.. Keep going toilet .. N hungry..

syrah,
sorry i dunno the cause of it too. although if the urine culture came back negative then most likely the spot does come from vaginal, maybe it's due to yr walking etc that the spot position is off.
i remember reading one lady who had such spotting and also kept thinking it was from urinary tract cos it was higher up on the liner and she is prone to uti.
but turns out she was bleeding from the vaginal.

sesame,
ivf twins are mostly separate sacs cos different embryos. although there have been cases where the embroyo splits and get identical twins.
my dr was telling me of a case where they transfer 2 embbies and got triplets. so 2 bbs were identical and the 3rd is fraternal.

ladies, I think i'm coming down with flu. Beginning to cough and very itchy throat and runny nose.

So I called up KK and the nurse told me it's normal during early of pregnancy to come down wif flu and diarrhea.
She asked me to go normal GP and get flu meds wor.
Do you guys think it's advisable to take GP meds at this early stage?
should I go to see a gynae instead ?

Syrah - tks for e info. callep up kk and nurse it's normal de. I think the milk is the culprit. Hv to stop drinking tonight liao.

ckk,
if u go to GP and tell them u're preggie they'll know wat meds to prescribe. should be no different from wat the gynae would prescribe.
it's more a matter of to even take meds or not. but if u're really suffering then do take some to relieve yr symptoms.

JJ, I put 2 in and doc saw 2 sacs, but I din ask is 2 separate ones or not? Anyway its too early to tell as I had the scan when I was 4 weeks +.

sesame,
2 sacs is separate lah!! if not will be one sac only!!!

one embryo split into 2 = identical twins = one sac with 2 bbs inside.
2 embryos = fraternal twins = 2 sacs each with one bb

oooohhhh hope u can get to see heartbeats in both sacs on yr next scan!!!

grumpus, that is interesting abt twins
happy.gif
I will kw hw many I carry by next week
happy.gif

Ckk, try to take vit c daily. I also more prone to sneezing now. Each time I sneeze, I will hold my tummy.

tks grumpus, I will see the GP tonight. better make myself recover if not go back to work more jialat.

sesame - i replied u liao. sori i missed out ur reply earlier.hee
ya hope u get to see 2 heartbeats next tue ! keep us posted..so happy for u can see ur bbies heartbeats soon.

i did take vit c all along but it's making me heaty coz it's a gummy type. so i stopped lor.

soul,
remember to sit upright half hr after the antibiotics. once i was so tired, i gave in after 10 mins...kaus....gastric reflux.

i am like a walking zombie now.

btw ladies....anycure for itchiness???
since on puregon..i been scratching my leg and hand....worse after the prengyl jab...
aiyoh....u find all sorts of coin value on me now
sad.gif
super ugly.
the nurse ask me to bear with it!!!

ckk, will reply u later cos now not convenient...hehe...take care. Perhaps u can chg yr vit c.

ceraine, think u really hv to bear with it cos now u are consider preggy, so dun anyhow apply things.

CKK I Miracle I  Sesame I Jok I bb jo 21 I Miracle I Bobzai I Grumpus I Day IAnn:
Thanks!!!!
happy.gif

Soul:
Maybe you can call Dr Zou and ask for 2ww medicine?
Even if no medicine you also can get some advise from her, she's so assuring...
I also very itchy backside cannot stay still one.
But no choice, really must stay home at least for 1st few days.
Only on BT days I was really happy.
Though I went BT alone, I even happily went supermarket stock up on fish, eggs and vege!
Cos wait till my DH comes home supermarket also close already.

Winnie:
Ya for me is God and Mother Mary!! Haha....
I prayed more to Mother Mary lately cos she's a mother mah, should know better how bad I wana be a mummy...
And hor, as advised by Angela today, avoid crowded places k? Can't afford to getsick during 1st tri as now seem to have some virus going around.
So don't go out and walk la...

Snuggly:
Thanks!
I'm glad I've encouraged you, you will BFP too!
Can I ask why you waited 4 years then ttc?

BBLuck:
How are you?
I left you out too.
Pouring loads of bb dust on you!

Ceraine:
Try cutting down on walking k?
For the 1st few days after transfer at least.

Joanne:
Yea I was told this reading quite high for D14 but can also be singleton.
I trasferred 3 embbies.

Nadia:
Thanks!
Mummy Pink_M --> I like that!!!
You will BFP too...!

Hi ladies,

asking on behalf of a friend in UK. She did her IVF trf on the 8 Nov, think is blastocyst. The testing is on 23 Nov. The question is she has only lower back pain and menses cramp these 2-3 days. She is very worried and wants to check whether is it a goner already? She has bloatedness sometimes and lack of appetite. Very worried, so I thought I help her check. Pls help! Thanks so much!

Pink m, just finish read up today's thread. Congrats congrats! thanks for the bbdust I will hold the bbdust tight tight. Me still sleep, eat n watch movie. U n day give me confidence on FET. I hope I can like both of u also bfp from FET. Do u feel bloated etc?

Sesame
Orgghhh... Then I'll juz let it be.. Can take vit e right?

Pink m
I keep getting up yo go toilet.. Hv indefinite Amt of urine to pass like that lei.. Every 20 mins can go once.. N find it strenuous getting up as probably I m using my tumMy muscle..no good hor.even using hand will feel d strain at tummy or isit bloatedness still, that's why. My most comfy position is lie on my side...

Pink_M....dun forget me... I m from the pink family initially...kekeke... I want bbdust too

By the way... congrats ya! Dream comes true leh... Hopefully I will be the next one to Bfp in "Pink" family...

Gongxi Gongxi my dear sister...

Dear Pink-m,
You made my Friday warm and happy.
I saw your post and read it with a huge smile!
God bless you and have a wonderful, wonderful pregnancy!!
happy.gif

LFB- everyone has diff symptoms. Some hv bloating n some hv menses like cramp. ur fren not to think too much n stay positive. Her Bt is ard the corner. Keep talking to embbies everyday. Wish her all the best n bfp soon
happy.gif

Dear ckk,
thanks. I have been helping her reading articles too. But are mainly for ang mos. She is chinese, so thot maybe someone here who is tested positive can help her out. She is having menses cramp these few days, so she thought maybe her menses coming. So sad and worried. Btw, what is BT and BFP?

PinkA / stickybb:
I never forget u leh, I got write pinkA in my post!
Here'a more bb dust for you....!

PinkD:
You are still lurking around here! Haha... Thought u left this thread to join MTB thread le. U are my original cycle buddy leh... U bfp and I went on to do FET.
God bless u too!

Bbluck:
Thanks! Ya I feel bloated especially after meals.
It's due to the progesterone med.

Ceraine:
Can go pee often but use hand to support to get up from seat/bed, try that?

Back