IVF/ICSI Support Group

Panda
Yup i also wana bf... But duno will it be easy not.. Also scare supply not enough for two.. Esp u have 3... Duno will be sufficient not..

Now that gynea has cleared u... U intend to go out shopping? I aldy start to go look at baby cot.. Strollers.. Etc.. But wont buy so early.. Just window shopping first..

Sistas, thank you soo much! i am soo touched and felt soo encourage by your powerful words and sharing. i feel much better now,before soo depressed like few days before... really don't know what to do with all these symtomps.

janice
yes, am with kkivf with dr Loh

baby,
it's not easy in the beginning but u will always hv enough milk for yr babies
happy.gif

imagine u go out dun hv to carry bottles, hot water, milk powder etc etc

dear sista, do you have any symtomps during 2ww? i have soo much cramp but no spotting since ET until now... that's why i am soo depressed and stressful... and lastnite when i wiped after urine found a sticky mucus.. backache very bad... that's why dare not think that i can hold on until BT.

marigold:
I have absolutely no symptoms except going to the toilet frequently but that could be due to more intake of fluid. Sticky mucus should be ok.
When is your BT?

leapgal,i went on tue n able to cour bb n heartbeat le..i din manage to c heartbeat coz my doc only show me my bb then she turn e screen to my hubby n my hubby manage to c..very funny lei..last tue is 5wk 5 day but this tue is 6wk 2day..urs today is hw many wk?

marigold, i also have sticky mucus during 2ww. Think it was from day 10 to 12.. i got it during one of those days, i think. Things are looking good for you.

baby, although dr says ok to go out...bt i dun feel well enuff yet leh. i still cannot eat properly... i tried walking abit more at home... feels unwell and breathless..even though i was walking slowly... not ready to make it out for shopping yet....

dont worry about breastmilk supply...when the time comes, the body will adjust to cope with it.
happy.gif
worse scenerio supplement with FM ..

Cheyenne,

No... HCG 258 is not low in your case. Dun worry. When are you scheduled for your next scan? Mine was 327 at D17.... so far, my little one is doing well.

hi ladies, how's yr fri
happy.gif

I had high tea but could not eat...had very bad tummy ache and could not move. Was sitting at the lounge like some ball of lard...wahaha...
Angela said she would wanna scan me next Thurs for sac/s... haha she really could not wait ah? She was so happy she hugged me when she saw me
happy.gif

Tina: When I could not conceive naturally, I saw it as a punishment from God. I wept in silence when all my frens could conceive naturally...some even did not welcome their pregnancies. I spent one yr avoiding kids' parties and baby showers...even weddings get painful when we got reminded why we were childless after yrs of marriage.
It's the struggle and pain only the couples themselves know. I might not have the best words for you but I want to tell you God is not punishing us. I learn that God has his timing. Sounds cliche but true.
This IVF journey is tough...every stage is riddled with doubts but we are all here to share.
Pls believe that one day you will hv a kid in your arms.
Many of us never thought it would happen as well, and when the dream came true, it was the most beautiful one ever.

Chin up ok?

marigold: prior to my BFP I have sticky, gross yellowish discharge as well.
These are my PMS signs. I fact my PMS accompanied me till I BFPed. Cheer up, dun give up!

Pink-D:
My tears are rolling down when i read the words, yeah,... that's exactly what i felt for many years of marriage without any child... and keep avoiding my friends and relatives when they having a lovely baby on their arms...it makes me soo low esteem...
i found that when just started i am still quite steady.. i tot my faith are soo solid... but i was wrong, when one by one of pms symptomps coming hit me... i really felt soo hopeless and not confident anymore.

Balroggal, im 7wks as of tday. V funny, I stil duno how they count. Where were ur scan done? Mine was done by a diff doc at amc, level 1 so hb n I get to c bb on a diff screen. Bt fr e nex scan onwards, dr sadha wans to do the scan herself. Btw how do u feel so far? I tink I feel perfectly normal, no ms yet (crossed finger). Tot It was going to hit me last wk bt in the end it was only a gastric cus of my late dinner. :p

marigold: It's understandable.
Many of u came to choose IVF coz simpler options either failed us or were unsuitable.
I failed 3 IUIs..imagine the tears shed. Once I thot I BFP-ed for one of the IUIs as I was 3 days late and when my period came (at abt 3am), I broke down in my toilet... I can still rber the pain.
Dun cry ok...we will def love and appreciate our babies more because they are sooo precious to us.
When is yr BT?

Pink-D:
My BT is on 13
is this your first time in ivf? i was told to try iui before, but refuse and embark to ivf now.. cause i saw some positive feedback.but, i don't know for me......

Yes it's my first.
I failed my SO-IUI in Apr and embarked on IVF in May.
happy.gif

To me, the IUIs were a waste of time coz hubby's sperm was very bad...but no gynaes had the decency to inform us!

Pink D:

What you have said really strikes a chord with many of us. Pregnancy occurs so spontaneously for many who do not even yearn for children and there are those like us who wish every month that we would never seen the stain on our undies. Just a few months ago, close friends of ours declared that they had no intention of having children. To them, children have no place in their lives. And here we are, yearning, longing and waiting in endless hope...

Taking this IVF route is the last resort for me. It took me a lot of courage to go for this alternative because for a long time, I was a firm believer that procreation is God-made and not an experiment on a petri dish.

I think all of us are strong survivors despite our struggles with infertility. Whatever the outcome may be, we have given this our best shot, right?

Jia you! (Press on!)

Pink D:

My hubby's soldiers were also very bad. The name of his condition is so long that it has exhausted every single letter in the alphabet. For years, hubby also feels very bad about his condition.

I believed they used ICSI to fertilise my eggs. On the day of the sperm collection, I kept hounding dh on the amount of sperm that he produced. Poor guy... I guess our husbands are more often than not, silent sufferers especially since they can't share such problems with their other male friends.

We, women, are so easily bonded by common experiences, right?

Twinkle-belle:
I empathize. He has asthenoteratozoospermia and the diagnosis fluctuated everytime he had a new sperm analysis done. But no matter what the terms were, the facts remained - fathering a child au naturale is almost impossible.

I was angry and wonder why God made him this way.
On days I was even resentful and I feel awful feeling this way. My hubby did not want that to happen to him, so I could not further victimize him.
We are Catholics. Like you, children should be God made and conceived out of love, not artficially. But our options were exhausted.
At the end of the day, i concluded that we should put a human perspective to God's definition of love.
God is not going to love an IVF-conceived child any less... so against all odds, we went ahead.

Before we became mothers, we already displayed our bravery and tenacity. Surely God sees this and touches Him.
So our day will come!

To all ladies trying, press on.

Yes we all bonded by these experiences.
I have made a few friends who become my impt source of support alr
happy.gif

Pink D:

Well-said. You have helped me to loosen a knot in my heart. I was facing so many psychological barriers when it came to deciding on this IVF route. I, too, questioned God and asked why this was inflicted upon us. After a miscarriage early this year, I think a part of me died along with the foetus. I just became detached from all my friends. I felt that they did not understand my pain and loss. Of course, it's an egocentric mode of thought but I cannot help it.

Anyway, it's all in the past. I will leave this in God's hands and let Him decide if the embryos would take fruit in my womb. If I still do not conceive even after trying IVF, please pray that I will have the courage to accept my condition and move on.

Just to check with you, are you comfortable sharing with your friends, especially your church friends about your IVF attempt?

Twinkle Belle :
Thank you! i have the same situation too... ivf is my last resorted when in the earlier was told that my husband soldier won't be able to have a child with natural ways. we tot of having an adoption when we are gonna to retired. but, i need and wanted to try for ivf first. as long as we have tried our best before other alternative. it takes soo much of courage and times when hubby finally agreed for this ivf journey. i believe one thing that God want us take some action before He make His way.
I thank you for all of you give lots of positive feedback, i dare not think much now....

pink D & hopefulmummy:

My husband has oligoesthenoteratozoospermia. According to the urologist, it's the worst sperm condition he had ever seen. Still, I am thankful that he has some sperms. There are men who are born without sperms so their wives have to resort to doner sperms if they want to get pregnant.

Hope our hubbies don't mind us discussing their soldiers in a public forum...

Twinkle-belle:
I did not even tell my parents and in-laws abt this.
Reasons being: we fear they would worry for us which will stress us more and also, they might not be supportive.
It remains very much a personal decision made by hubby and I.
When I casually discussed this, friends were quick to dismiss the idea. they thought we were being drastic! I guess they dunno until they are in the same predicament.

I think I would rather remain tight-lipped. As long as BB is healthy, he/she would be loved.
It doesnt matter how he/she comes.
Rber, even with IVF, it has to be God's will the pregnancy is viable and successful.

Girl, dun be too low too long. Brace up ya?
You will make it.
This thread is blessed with lotsa baby dusts!
happy.gif

Pink D:
Thanks! I'm catching your baby dust!

Going back to work next week and I wonder if I can handle the utrogestan suppositories without dropping them in the toilet bowl. Guess I need to practise doing it on the toilet bowl.

Hope my colleagues won't notice the walking puffer fish.

You must take good care of yourself. Your bb is so well-loved and blessed!

leapgal,
mine was done at private suite,scan is by my doc..i also duno hw they count,1st scan my edd was 24feb,then 2nd scan 27feb...i only sometime when eat feel like vomit but din vomit out...

pinkD, u mentioned previously that COQ10 taken in 150mg. I bot one at GNC but its 50mg and says 1 capsule per day. Must we take 150mg for better results?

<font color="aa00aa">Pink F: I took 3 capsules leh, cos its recommended 150mg for IVF

Pink D, Marigold: Very honest feelings that I am sure most of us share here.</font>

Adeline L, I only had sharp pain near pelvic bone then followed by occassional menses cramps in the 2nd wk of 2ww so tot its gonna b gone case liao bt in the end bfp. Talked to ur embbie more often during 2ww, I believe it helps.

Balroggal, may I know how much is the charges like for pte suite n how long is the waiting period? U stil under the same gynae?

Pink-F: Hi, how are you?
CARE advises us to take 150mg. I used to take 3 capsules of 50mg in a day. BUt I buy my CoQ10 from CARE now and jus need to pop one a day

Leapgal- I also have sharp pain n some cramp these two days bt no other symptom, tink really bfn coz last nite my hb very kan chiong wan to try test clearblue n it end up -ve result (D11). No mood at all

PinkD- ya tml D13 I will try again. I have to tell myself to be more relax.
During my D3 aft ET, my frz came over n her bb keep crying while she went out for awhile so I hav to carry her 1yr bb N for less than 5mins, I felt my tummy abit pain. Fr tat time till nw I scare it will affect my implantation. I dun dare to tell my hb too. Hopefully everything is fine.

Back