IVF/ICSI Support Group

Fancy,

Hugs to you... i know it's difficult. I hope u can brace yourself and complete the journey for this round of ivf. The feeling you have at ur tummy if its cramp and not pull be sure to highlight to the doctor.

meow
congrats
happy.gif
bedrest n eat healthly.

Meow,

The key to most successes is to have a positive jovial mood, which I do see that you have it and are sharing it with all of us too. Thank you much much deary. Now u should really have more bed rest and chat with us only on occasion ok.

Sunflower & Fandz,

How was your scan? I was with ivftwins just now. our ER should be next week. We are going back scan again on monday.

Greenie,

Me blur when there is 2 "nie" so coincident both of u one after another for the stages. You now in 2WW rite? I will update u into the list.

Minnie,

Did u go ER today? Were u in red t-shirt today with your hubby? Good luck to ur ET on Monday. May bump into u on Mon. Few of us will be joining you and Greenie soon.

Die,
How u check with ur gynae? my appt is in Oct le... i scared the bleeding is something worst.

Fancy,
Big hugz to you... dun be too upset over it. When u seeing doc again?

Meow,
Just saw ur posting earlier on ur hubby n u having a good cry. Sometimes i wish my hubby is as sensitive, but he seems like ok to not have a child. Think sometimes it makes me questioning as well.

Fatbabe

I duno any readings from my BT. Seems like nuh not so open w details? Cos last time I asked abt my fsh they also nvr share. Just said evrything within range.

Maybe ur hubby is dealing w his emotions in his own way? Cos sometimes men dun show their true emotions.

Hi, I am looking for cycle buddies (KK-IVF). I will start my cycle next month(sept). Hope to meet others undergoing similar phase and give one another some positive support.
happy.gif

Meow - Congrats on ur BFP!!

Updated as at 29th Aug 2009 at 2pm

**Resting/Planning to Start Fresh Cycle**
Joyluck76 (KKH)
Bunny (KKH)
January
Hebemummy (KKH)
Muski
Zaza
Spidey
Judebabe
Wensi (NUH)
Vivi (KKH)
Jude(KKH)
Sunny Jessie
Fatbabe
Gan LY

**DHEA**
Sunflower Seed (KKH)

**Waiting to start FET**
Yumyum
ttc_no2 (KKH)
Liz

**Waiting to start Lucrin**
Baby Galore (NUH) Oct
Monica (??) Sept

**Lucrin Stage**
Shiny
Oxidised

**Puregon/Gonal F Stage**
ivftwins (KKH)
Sunflower (KKH)
Leo Baby (KKH)
Fandz (KKH)

**Going ER/ET**

Minnie
December (KKH)

**2WW**
Greenie
May (KKH)
Maggie
Miracle
CherieC (KKH)

**BFP - delivery stage**
Meow (NUH)
BabyJ (KKH)
GreenMuffin (KKH)
Eskimobaby (KKH)
May Chua
Fancy (KKH)
Orangey
sofia
develyn
fresh (KK)
adam_mum
Lingling 22

**Unknown Stage**
Judebabe
Lyn?
Happyhippo?
Cilipadi?
Hope&Faith?
NicoleChua?
Rosypink
Mrs Lew

**Graduates**
Lina Ang
Serene
Pau le

meow,
no crabs for u!! hehehe.. really happy for u.... be careful but still enjoy ur pregnancy ok... most prob on tue can check with prof wat's ur hcg level.... the higher the better.. meaning pregnancy more stable... now u diligently take the lotus porridge and wait till the pregnancy stabilise and ms starts to set in then u can have the cravings u want ok....
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

Some queries that i have..based on what i read here. am now considering TCM. At which stage of the cycle should i start??

Another question is on sex...at which stage should we stop having it??

PS: Safe sex means no entry for DH small soldiers in me right?? ;)

Sofia , joliene, Fatbabe, Leo_baby,Eskimobaby , babygalaore and all Ladies,
Thanks for all the support.

Babygalore, Eskimobaby,
Thanks for the info.

Ladies ,
Todays update my BT is 30000 Beta level, no pain , no bleeding. They agian did a detail scan both abdomen and vagina. found nothing.
But Loh as he said yesterday that he will not be avilable he had asked me to meet Dr mariamme.
She checked and asked to meet to first admit and take the Kaemo injection to burn the cells . and they will monitor my health and discharge in one day. but after i went to the ward. Doctor again called and said .. Dr loh wants to take a BT again on Monday and he wants to see the scan results. Hence i was asked to come again on Monday. In between any pain or bleeding i need to go to 24hrs clinic.
This is so stressful i could have handled BFN.
I was whole time crying in the hospital today. didn't bother what others will think.
I know my case is very disappointin . But i have no other to share it with u ladies.

Meow,
So happy for you. Please take complete rest. Don't stress.

fancy,
maybe at this point.. all u wan is for this to end... but i think it's good that dr loh decided to hold it till mon... ur beta definitely shows u r pregnant and very high... that time my SIL beta is 10000 over only... so i guess dr loh wanna make sure that the embie is really not in the womb.... so u just endure abit till monday...... i dun wan to give u false hope... but i would think that it's good that the doc is doing everything to make sure that it's really not a viable pregnancy before anything is done... if not later after it all ends u will start to wonder if u should have done this or that... i would suggest u to go for another scan again on mon..

fancy
pls don say dat, im feel so sad dat u have to go tru these heartbreaking moments. Maybe Dr loh suspect otherwise n ask u to go for another BT. No matter how slim the chances seem to be, be strong.

hi ladies

i am still bleeding leh.. haiz..
dunno how stable is this BFP.
i tot the bleeding shld have stopped after the jab.. seems like not..

hi fancy, mine happened in April and now in relax period.. currently, im arranging my plan for next step.. and most probably another round of IVF next Jan/Feb at NUH, forgoing the rest of frozen embbies at KK which is still consider quite a good grades embbies during the fresh cycle

I read that HCG 1000 is able to detect sac. Hmm, but im sorry to said that ur level is really high. so monitor and if there's pain or bleeding, pls go 24hrs clinic immediately. I hope there will be an answer by Mon for the next step. I can understand the 'don't know the status' and waiting feeling.

Hi Meow, why don't u insist the nurse to release the HCG level, because u paid for that, and they should not hide from you because result belongs to you and not like other people calling on behalf of you. at least there will be a peace of mind if level is good.

hi meow.... lie down more and don't move around too much. there are some women who continued to experience bleeding during pregnancy. a friend who conceived naturally bled up to 4 months but delivered a healthy boy. if possible, try to get someone to prepare your meals for you and no housework. more bed rest please.

the injection is indeed very painful. i'm not bleeding but i'm still on it till at least week 12. did the nurse offer you to buy it and get your GP to inject you instead? otherwise, you'll need to travel quite a distance to NUH twice a week. you shouldn't move around too much.

the duphaston caused me to have constipation, so drink prune juice if you can't go toilet after a couple of days. NEVER exert yourself too hard. continue with the brazil nuts for another week or two.

hi sofia

the injection i got was Hydroxyprogestorone Caproate.. not duphaston leh.. different jab ar?

the nurses didnt offer me the choice of jabbing it at the GP. i am going to see prof only on tue cos his mon appts are fully booked.. i just hope the bleeding will stop soon.

hi meow... Duphaston is the white tablet which i am taking twice a day. it is also meant to support the pregnancy. the injection is an added measure. perhaps the nurse needed prof's approval before they can 'release' the medicines to you.

i read that the pahang's princess who did IVF under Prof Wong (if it was really him) was also bleeding thru out her pregnancy. she was ordered to lie down more. so just for next few days...nothing but bed rest for you.

what time is your appt with Prof on Tue? i'm going to NUH for my jab every Tue and Friday.

sofia

i asked the nurse tdy, she said need to jab twice a wk. usually they will get patients to go on tue and fri. so we are on the same schedule then! :p

i was just given the jab..
oh.. so u are taking tablets and the jabs ar?

my appt is at 9am on tue

hi Fancy.... your beta level is high. its hard but don't give up the fight just yet. there is still hope. i'm sure your baby is still there, just yet to be found. take care and rest well these next few days.

sofia

ask u ar. i tried to ask the nurse at CHR tdy abt the levels in my BT to see how stable the BFP is ...but she didnt reveal.. i find they dun really share such info. is it also true for ur case?

hi meow... great. but i usually go after 1pm. gotta wait till my girl goes to school. i am taking duphaston and folic acid twice a day, plus the jabs. but hor, the past week, i cheated with the duphaston. didn't take it coz i hated how i feel.. bloated and constipated. but don't follow me ok :p

sofia

i see.. i think the nurses needed prof's ok to dispense the tablets like u said. :p

but my HL will end 2 sep.. dunno how leh..
maybe discuss w him on tue to see if need to extend..

hi meow... they were also not that forthcoming with me when i asked. she only told me a range. but don't worry yourself too much over it because different individuals have different beta numbers. more imptly, your baby is growing inside of you. it is the crucial period now, baby is developing a heart and heartbeat over next week or so. so sayang-sayang your baby, and mummy must also not over stress herself. tell hubby... your status now has elevated to becoming the "Queen"... heheheheh

Sofia
I asked hubby just now to ask abt the levels. Seems like she said it's average range "not too low" wor. Anyway I just hope the spotting stops soon.
Ask u.. Do u get a headache from the jabs? I ve got a big headache plus an aching butt now wor, the headache didn't go away after I took a nap.

meow,
then it's a good range... if not they wouldn't have given u the jab to stabilise the pregnancy if it's too low... take only warm or lukewarm water.... and drink more... once pregnant, body temperature will rise so need to keep urself hydrated... dehydration is not good for pregnancy... hopefully, ur bleeding will be gone soon...

hi meow...so far the jabs didn't have much effect on me except for the pain. duphaston has worse effects on me. throbbing headaches. you can take normal panadol but try not to take more than 2 a day. i usually take before i sleeps. well, you are pregnant now my dear. soon you may experience morning sickness, fatigue and change in taste buds.

i remembered the injection pain didn't go away the first time. but once i kept going for it, kinda numbed except for last Tuesday's... damn painful. to lessen the pain, ask nurse to jab on the fleshy part of your butt. i learnt its less painful there.

Hi meow,

congrats..please take care and rest more..
happy.gif

Hi Leo,

my eggs are ready for retrieval. Will be having pregnyl tomorrow nite , and ER on tues.

how about both ivftwins and yourself? hows the scan so far?

the lady in red is actually December..i met her in kkh today. She had her ET.
happy.gif

Hi minnie,

hope everything is ok for your ET on monday!

Eskimobaby
thanks!

Sofia
the nurse asked me lie face down on the couch just now. But the couch was so short. Puzzled, I asked her how to. Haha both of them laughed. Said u dun lie on ur couch at home meh? Hmmm which I dun wor. Anyway so embarressing that she had to teach me how to do it. But then she also didn't tell me she was gonna jab at my butt wor.

meow,

yup i will try to relax abit .. cos quite stressed up during stage 1 and 2..

i've just bought 30 eggs to prepare for 2ww.

u take care ok, please bed rest.
happy.gif

Sunflower

wow 30 eggs! U r well prepared. ;)
I told hubby the other time, the rate we r buying eggs, more economical n save my supermarket trips if we rear hens . Haha

very stressful journey we have here. But glad all of us can give each other support.

Ladies
dun worry , I'm typing this while lying on bed. Thanks for Apple's invention of their ipod touch.
happy.gif

meow,

ya, cos im afraid of OHSS, so start to eat eggs starting today..

ya, u very lie down 24hrs.. only walk if u need need to go toilet..leave the other tasks to your 'maid'..hehe

Sunflower
it is sold at cold storage. Where they sell the yong tofu pieces. It's under the brand DoDo.
happy.gif
try it, nice variation from just egg alone.

Sunflower,

So you were dress in purple today then. You know lah most ladies don't talk to each other, when 2 ladies talk to each other most likely known from somewhere. I was sitting in the far corner at back and I did not see your face. Me and ivftwins will either ER on Wed or Thur. Did you see Fandz? Wonder how she is?

December,

Congrats so u in 2WW I will update your status.
Bed rest for you too for now.

Meow,

I remember the last time i had a lot of water intake and I will even wake up in the middle of the nite to go pee. They say pregnant women cannot hold urine for long. Like i share with you water is impt because we are form by large percentage of water. Rest on back more too ok.

Leo,

oh, ur observation so good! somemore it was so crowded this morning, u still can observe everyone..hehe

yeah, im wearing purple today..hmm, i dont know which is you..

oh, i dont know if fandz is there leh..

Sunflower,

I was wearing a white polo with a black long sleeve jacket. Short hair lady. You probably did not see me as i am at you back. Nothing to do in the clinic with a lousy football match on TV so kapo look see everyone mah. somemore u ask me to observe for a shy person. Challenging lor... Today was ur 1st scan right? seems like your follicles grow very well.

Sunflower,

I think it's better then my last first cycle. must be the accu. I remember u stay in the west and u were recommending this TCM man at clementi rite? I thus what u say must be good just that I bk to see Dr Jin at Raffles Medical liao. Zou not around at this time only had to find an alternative. Dr Jin will even accu her patient after ET so she has to be gd.

Hi babygalore
thanks a lot for your advice to allow 2-3 hours on the 1st visit. indeed it took about 3hrs and luckily applied half day leave from work.

didnt know there was long waiting queue... dr told earliest time i can do ivf is Jan 2010..sign... was very eager to do ivf due to my age and many failed iuis..

now considering to try private clinic if can do any earlier..

Leobaby

*gulp gulp* I drank water Liao. But hor I scared to see spotting when I go pee leh. So more water = more pee = more scared leh

Leobaby

*gulp gulp* I drank water Liao. But hor I scared to see spotting when I go pee leh. So more water = more pee = more scared leh

Back