IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all,thanks for the advice in these 2 days.I got a scan today and I have a MC.I have 3 rounds of IVF circle.First 2 didn't have any blastocyst. Finally the third I have 2 embryo that reach the 5th days blastocyst.Implanted one which is average quality with full support of medication yet I lost it after 5weeks 4 days of pregnancy.I am telling myself that woman's body are amazing,I believe this embryo doesn't grow well that is why my body rejected it.Am sad but I am still going to try my last round of IVF trigger since I am already 42years old this year.At least I do my best try and I won't regret even I don't get a little one .I just want to tell all women here,do not give up , as long we tried and do our best since is never easy for us, our body.If we don't get to have a successful pregnancy, most important we live healthy and happy with our partner,have each other support.I wish all the women here with my blessings and best wishes.
Maybe spend some time to improve your body. Like tcm, exercise, eat cleanly.

The fact that it could implant is a good news.

Take care and all the best for your next fresh!

Hi all,thanks for the advice in these 2 days.I got a scan today and I have a MC.I have 3 rounds of IVF circle.First 2 didn't have any blastocyst. Finally the third I have 2 embryo that reach the 5th days blastocyst.Implanted one which is average quality with full support of medication yet I lost it after 5weeks 4 days of pregnancy.I am telling myself that woman's body are amazing,I believe this embryo doesn't grow well that is why my body rejected it.Am sad but I am still going to try my last round of IVF trigger since I am already 42years old this year.At least I do my best try and I won't regret even I don't get a little one .I just want to tell all women here,do not give up , as long we tried and do our best since is never easy for us, our body.If we don't get to have a successful pregnancy, most important we live healthy and happy with our partner,have each other support.I wish all the women here with my blessings and best wishes.

Sorry to hear abt the news... Take care of urself. U still have one more blastocyst right? U not gg to do frozen for tat but starting a new cycle? Wish u all the best!

Sorry to hear abt the news... Take care of urself. U still have one more blastocyst right? U not gg to do frozen for tat but starting a new cycle? Wish u all the best!
Ya have one more but below average quality. Due to my age,I want to try retrieve as much as possible now,maybe do a duo circle of retrieval before I start implant again.

Ya have one more but below average quality. Due to my age,I want to try retrieve as much as possible now,maybe do a duo circle of retrieval before I start implant again.
Icic. Did the doctor give u the max dose of medication already? Also did u try to seek second opinion? Previously my blastocysts oso of very low quality for 2 fresh rounds. Then I changed to private and managed to achieve higher quality blastocysts...

Icic. Did the doctor give u the max dose of medication already? Also did u try to seek second opinion? Previously my blastocysts oso of very low quality for 2 fresh rounds. Then I changed to private and managed to achieve higher quality blastocysts...
Yes max.progynova,Duphaston ×3 daily and progesterone jab 100gm daily.Also the hormone gel to apply on thighs 2x daily.

I think is quite normal. I have 18 fertilized this round. At first at day 3, Doctor told me I have 11 embryos ranging from grading from grade 3 to 5. But by day 5 only 2 good blastocyst frozen. Others all arrested or of very low quality CD grade and discarded by day 7. Embryologist told me even if freeze those very low quality, it will oso most likely not survive after thawing.

Day 6 and day 7 oso considered as blastocyst. But they are lower quality. Transferred a day 6 blastocyst b4 but failed. I still have a day 7 in freezer. Shld be C quality kind.

Do you know the odds of a grade c surviving a thaw?

Good luck! Did the embryologist tell u the grading of the day 5 blastocyst?

No idea! They didn’t tell me haha. It looked uh nice. Hoping for the best!

I had thought that as long as it makes it to blastocyst stage then it’s all good, didn’t realise that there’s a differentiation. Now I know…

No idea! They didn’t tell me haha. It looked uh nice. Hoping for the best!

I had thought that as long as it makes it to blastocyst stage then it’s all good, didn’t realise that there’s a differentiation. Now I know…
Haha. Are u with KKH? I believe they wun tell unless u ask. Tat happens to me previously. I always curious to know the grading. Haha.

Erm well I only have encounter with 1 NUH Dr, 1 other pte Dr and Dr Roland.

I do prefer Roland compared to another pte Dr. Hence I chose Dr Roland as my IVF Dr.

I've done 2 fresh cycles under Dr Roland.

I guess affinity is impt as well. So once u found the Dr you're comfortable with and trust, just stick to him

Erm well I only have encounter with 1 NUH Dr, 1 other pte Dr and Dr Roland.

I do prefer Roland compared to another pte Dr. Hence I chose Dr Roland as my IVF Dr.

I've done 2 fresh cycles under Dr Roland.

I guess affinity is impt as well. So once u found the Dr you're comfortable with and trust, just stick to him
I believe in affinity too!

sorry to hear about your mc, do rest and recover well and wish you all the best in the next cycle!

Did you take supplements and try high protein diet?

sorry to hear about your mc, do rest and recover well and wish you all the best in the next cycle!

Did you take supplements and try high protein diet?
I didn't take any supplements beside folic acid.Any supplements to recommend which can increase quality of the egg and improve well being?

I didn't take any supplements beside folic acid.Any supplements to recommend which can increase quality of the egg and improve well being?
You can try a general woman multivits, coq10 & vit D. I did that. Had some other supplements on and off and tcm, somehow something that I changed did help me get prep well for my second cycle.

yup generally doctors will recommend co-enzyme q10 (coq 10), i only started to take high protein chicken essence, and try to add more proteins to my diet, eat salmon, chicken, 2 eggs a day etc..
hopefully next cycle will yield better eggs too - i don’t have any blastocyst from my previous cycle

can you pinpoint what’s the bigger contributor that helps?
Honestly, I don’t know. Haha... I did a lot, including changing lifestyle with all these. One thing I did not do was the protein stuff because I had great phobia for it after the first cycle of non-stop a lot of protein eating. I guessed everything did help and I changed dosage of my multivits slightly before and during stimms. My tcm physician also had to give me the green light to decide if I should or not go for stimms...

Don’t be discouraged, it’s about getting the right embryo and timing. I have really lost count. Perhaps about 10-ish?

It is a very difficult journey and I am really happy for you. My doc said there is no way to diagnosis implantation issue. Been trying for years and the nv get pass implantation. Hope there is some luck for me.

yup generally doctors will recommend co-enzyme q10 (coq 10), i only started to take high protein chicken essence, and try to add more proteins to my diet, eat salmon, chicken, 2 eggs a day etc..
hopefully next cycle will yield better eggs too - i don’t have any blastocyst from my previous cycle
Haha. I did similar to wad u mentioned 4 mth before the very recent fresh cycle. I took co-enzyme q10, blackmore conceive well, vit D daily. And also high protein diet. I only take kampong chicken, salmon in moderation unless is wild caught. 2eggs daily. And lot of nuts and pumpkin, sunflower seeds... I did achieve better quality blastocysts as compared to previous las 2 cycles. But also bcos I changed to private for this round so dunno is actually the lab techniques or the the diet that helps....

Haha. I did similar to wad u mentioned 4 mth before the very recent fresh cycle. I took co-enzyme q10, blackmore conceive well, vit D daily. And also high protein diet. I only take kampong chicken, salmon in moderation unless is wild caught. 2eggs daily. And lot of nuts and pumpkin, sunflower seeds... I did achieve better quality blastocysts as compared to previous las 2 cycles. But also bcos I changed to private for this round so dunno is actually the lab techniques or the the diet that helps....
Do u take daily kimchi too? LOL

Don’t give up ok. I am the same age with u and I had been thru 2 ivf, the 1st one I transferred a day 3 embryo and managed to implant, but mc at wk7. I did a d&c and went thru a mini confinement with grieve. I even send the result for lab test but the result came back as chromosome abnormality, that all. I tried ivf again after 3 years, this time I decided to do 2 retrieval and send to pgs then do a frozen transfer, though I managed to get 7-8 retrieved and Fertilized, but only 2 make it to blastocyst each round and I send to pgs testing as I really cannot take another failure again. And the pgs result only come back with 1 good blastocyst each round (day 5 blastocyst and day 6 blastocyst), another 2 blastocyst come back with unknown result which the doc suggested to discard. I was sad that time as I only left with 2 blastocyst but I told myself don’t give up even I only left with 1-2 embryo aft retrieved so many embryo, and I just need 1 to hold my rainbow baby on hand. I was then do a frozen cycle to transfer a day 5 embryo and implanted. I just give birth in Aug this year. I wanted to tell you, we as a woman are already very amazing, trying hard for baby through a difficult journey. We shouldn’t mind how other think or judge us in any way, no matter what, at aleast we are proud to say that we tried our best.

I recommend this book - It Starts With The Egg as it describes supplements and lifestyle that help improve egg quality. Essential supplements are coq10(ubiquinol) and vit D, for egg quality and implantation; Vit E for lining. Before my 3rd cycle I also took melatonin and there was improvement. You can read up on melatonin. High protein diet is also important. But take note supplements and vitamins take at least 3 months to have any effect.

I recommend this book - It Starts With The Egg as it describes supplements and lifestyle that help improve egg quality. Essential supplements are coq10(ubiquinol) and vit D, for egg quality and implantation; Vit E for lining. Before my 3rd cycle I also took melatonin and there was improvement. You can read up on melatonin. High protein diet is also important. But take note supplements and vitamins take at least 3 months to have any effect.
Thanks.I will go look up for the book.Can you recommend me the brand for those supplements?

Thanks.I will go look up for the book.Can you recommend me the brand for those supplements?
my kkh doc recommended this brand which is active form of coq 10. i got it from kk pharmacy, not sure where else sells it. i started with one capsule a day, now increases to 2 a day.

i have another friend last time with a private doc, says doing yoga helps with blood flow to pelvic region. for food can take nuts, blueberries, tomatoes, salmon, fish, chicken, lots of vegetable etc. for me i also boil red date+党参+ dried longan tea every few days to drink, after finish can refill and boil again..but see if your body constitution is the cool or heaty type. anyway balanced diet, don’t overdo

Attachments

• 452DE183-E0C2-4865-99EA-BA6F1630070E.jpeg
    452DE183-E0C2-4865-99EA-BA6F1630070E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 105
Actually besides all these, I think each cycle is also different.
My 1st fresh with Roland only had 2 blasts. I took supplements, eat high protein diet, no cold food and drinks, went tcm etc.

My 2nd fresh almost 2 years plus later I just eat as per usual, occasional bubble tea. Didn't really watch my diet. Cos was so busy with my kid and work that no time to go tcm.

In the end I had 4 blasts. And I was older liao. So I feel all those stuff doesn't work for me. The dr always say each cycle can be different due to our body hormones. I think maybe just me la.

Actually besides all these, I think each cycle is also different.
My 1st fresh with Roland only had 2 blasts. I took supplements, eat high protein diet, no cold food and drinks, went tcm etc.

My 2nd fresh almost 2 years plus later I just eat as per usual, occasional bubble tea. Didn't really watch my diet. Cos was so busy with my kid and work that no time to go tcm.

In the end I had 4 blasts. And I was older liao. So I feel all those stuff doesn't work for me. The dr always say each cycle can be different due to our body hormones. I think maybe just me la.
You might be right.Due to our age ,every circle we produce different number of eggs.My first 2 circle,I went for full dose of injection,end up no blastocyst at all but my third circle,Dr said let my body choose it own eggs and I am only on pills.,no injection to stimulate the eggs.Yet I got 2 blastocyst. I think everybody react differently. Abit of luck too.

I have been with Dr Roland for about 2-3 years. He’s a good doc whom I felt that he is really with us on this journey. Perhaps I had so many tries and been so long with him, he was even more determined than me to make sure I’m successful (although I am on the verge of giving up). In my latest cycle which also the cycle which succeed, I too had help from Dr Edmund Pang. Have faith and the time will come. Having an implantation is a good sign, now it’s about getting the right embryo for all the stars and elements to be aligned.

I’m on medicated FET. Last cycle cancelled cos lining not very good quality. Just borderline passed 8mm.

I’m with private so doc will scan on CD14 n blood test to check progesterone level and estrogen level. If all okay 5 days later you will transfer. Before transfer I think you will need to take progesterone pill (depends on your doc n hormone level) and also insert crinone gel.
Throughout my ivf journey, I don’t have a lining that has gone beyond 5.5mm and it was on max stimulation to get there. It seems like having a 6mm is good enough for most clinics. In my positive FET cycle, my last lining check before transfer was only 4.4mm.

Throughout my ivf journey, I don’t have a lining that has gone beyond 5.5mm and it was on max stimulation to get there. It seems like having a 6mm is good enough for most clinics. In my positive FET cycle, my last lining check before transfer was only 4.4mm.
Wahhh… my doc a bit fussy on lining thickness. He prefer above 8mm and the thickness is even. Last cycle certain part is thick n some is not although it was 8.3mm. In the end we decided to cancel the cycle

I have been with Dr Roland for about 2-3 years. He’s a good doc whom I felt that he is really with us on this journey. Perhaps I had so many tries and been so long with him, he was even more determined than me to make sure I’m successful (although I am on the verge of giving up). In my latest cycle which also the cycle which succeed, I too had help from Dr Edmund Pang. Have faith and the time will come. Having an implantation is a good sign, now it’s about getting the right embryo for all the stars and elements to be aligned.
Same with you.I am with both the doctors you mentioned.

You might be right.Due to our age ,every circle we produce different number of eggs.My first 2 circle,I went for full dose of injection,end up no blastocyst at all but my third circle,Dr said let my body choose it own eggs and I am only on pills.,no injection to stimulate the eggs.Yet I got 2 blastocyst. I think everybody react differently. Abit of luck too.
Oh not bad. Perhaps next cycle he may suggest low dose jab

Don’t give up ok. I am the same age with u and I had been thru 2 ivf, the 1st one I transferred a day 3 embryo and managed to implant, but mc at wk7. I did a d&c and went thru a mini confinement with grieve. I even send the result for lab test but the result came back as chromosome abnormality, that all. I tried ivf again after 3 years, this time I decided to do 2 retrieval and send to pgs then do a frozen transfer, though I managed to get 7-8 retrieved and Fertilized, but only 2 make it to blastocyst each round and I send to pgs testing as I really cannot take another failure again. And the pgs result only come back with 1 good blastocyst each round (day 5 blastocyst and day 6 blastocyst), another 2 blastocyst come back with unknown result which the doc suggested to discard. I was sad that time as I only left with 2 blastocyst but I told myself don’t give up even I only left with 1-2 embryo aft retrieved so many embryo, and I just need 1 to hold my rainbow baby on hand. I was then do a frozen cycle to transfer a day 5 embryo and implanted. I just give birth in Aug this year. I wanted to tell you, we as a woman are already very amazing, trying hard for baby through a difficult journey. We shouldn’t mind how other think or judge us in any way, no matter what, at aleast we are proud to say that we tried our best.
Hi Happy001

how did you manage to do pgs testing? I thought pgs is not allowed in SG?

Hi Happy001

how did you manage to do pgs testing? I thought pgs is not allowed in SG?
Can do, I m eligible as I am above 40 with 1 mc. I did the pgs at NUH and I am under Prof PC Wong. You can ask again for the requirement to do this test. If you decided to send the embryo to pgs, you Need to be prepare that you will end up with nothing, as the pgs required embryo to be blastocyst and send for pgs testing, the result might come back with unknown result or negative result which will end up left with nothing. There is a high cost incurrence for the testing too. And ones will also be prepared to go for frozen transfer only.I am prepared as I feel that the mental and physical stress is more than anything else. I cannot afford to go through one more round of mc though I knew that even a good pgs embryo may not be able to implant, but I still decided give it a try.

Hi everyone, what’s Dr Tan HH’s personality like? We are thinking of switching out from KKH cos we feel that they are too conservative, wait times are long, Doctor too busy and also can’t vibe much…

What’s the process like to transfer out - Do I just need to get the Doctor to write a memo or how do I get hold of my patient records/ past stims information?

thanks

Hi everyone, what’s Dr Tan HH’s personality like? We are thinking of switching out from KKH cos we feel that they are too conservative, wait times are long, Doctor too busy and also can’t vibe much…

What’s the process like to transfer out - Do I just need to get the Doctor to write a memo or how do I get hold of my patient records/ past stims information?

thanks
I find Dr Tan very reassuring and friendly. If you have questions, he will explain very thoroughly. I switched from KK to Alpha and have no complaints at all about Dr Tan and the clinic. Although he is quite busy at Alpha too, I don't feel rushed in my visits.

It is not necessary to have a memo if you have your own notes and roughly remember your stims in the past cycle. I didn't have a memo. I brought along whatever test and ultrasound results I had from KK. He will need to know basic info like how many eggs retrieved each cycle, how many blastocysts or D3, and their grades, as well as your stim protocol for each cycle. I didn't recall the exact dosage of my stims, just the names of the drugs used.

If you do not have your test results, some can be retrieved via Health Hub. Otherwise you can request for them online with a fee. https://www.kkh.com.sg/about-kkh/contact-us/medical-report

thanks
Dr Tan is a very experienced and skillful doctor. I feel very comfortable under him. I succeeded twice under him when he was still in KKH. After which I was under another Doctor in KKH and failed twice. As I still wanted to try for a third child, I decided to transfer to Alpha. I had just gone for my fresh cycle las mth and is now waiting for my frozen cycle. The waiting time is so much shorter than in KKH...

You need to ask the Doctor at KKH to write the memo on yr past records of your cycles. During the first consultation, Dr Tan needs those information to understand ur situation and to find a protocol suitable for u.

I find Dr Tan very reassuring and friendly. If you have questions, he will explain very thoroughly. I switched from KK to Alpha and have no complaints at all about Dr Tan and the clinic. Although he is quite busy at Alpha too, I don't feel rushed in my visits.

It is not necessary to have a memo if you have your own notes and roughly remember your stims in the past cycle. I didn't have a memo. I brought along whatever test and ultrasound results I had from KK. He will need to know basic info like how many eggs retrieved each cycle, how many blastocysts or D3, and their grades, as well as your stim protocol for each cycle. I didn't recall the exact dosage of my stims, just the names of the drugs used.

If you do not have your test results, some can be retrieved via Health Hub. Otherwise you can request for them online with a fee. https://www.kkh.com.sg/about-kkh/contact-us/medical-report

Thanks for your reply. Does Dr Tan run a Saturday clinic?

Dr Tan is a very experienced and skillful doctor. I feel very comfortable under him. I succeeded twice under him when he was still in KKH. After which I was under another Doctor in KKH and failed twice. As I still wanted to try for a third child, I decided to transfer to Alpha. I had just gone for my fresh cycle las mth and is now waiting for my frozen cycle. The waiting time is so much shorter than in KKH...

You need to ask the Doctor at KKH to write the memo on yr past records of your cycles. During the first consultation, Dr Tan needs those information to understand ur situation and to find a protocol suitable for u.

Thanks for your detailed reply. Who was your previous KKH doctor? I feel like KKH approach is like a one size fits all kind of thing. And from my personal experiences, I dislike that they downplay your age and there is no sense of urgency which I feel it’s quite unnecessary since time is the essence when it comes to fertility treatments

Thanks for your detailed reply. Who was your previous KKH doctor? I feel like KKH approach is like a one size fits all kind of thing. And from my personal experiences, I dislike that they downplay your age and there is no sense of urgency which I feel it’s quite unnecessary since time is the essence when it comes to fertility treatments

I was assigned to Dr Liu after Dr Tan left KKH.. ya I guess KKH approach is really how u describe. Anyway I was already quite disappointed with the 2 failed cycles with her already and tat is why I went back to see Dr Tan. I feel I have a better affinity with him. Haha...

I was assigned to Dr Liu after Dr Tan left KKH.. ya I guess KKH approach is really how u describe. Anyway I was already quite disappointed with the 2 failed cycles with her already and tat is why I went back to see Dr Tan. I feel I have a better affinity with him. Haha...
When will u be doing your FET?

Thanks for your reply. Does Dr Tan run a Saturday clinic?
Yes he does see patients on Saturdays. There is a Saturday surcharge if we make the appointment on a Saturday (but not if your stim/ultrasound review happens to fall on a Sat during the cycles). Hope this makes sense. I don't know what is the Sat surcharge sorry.

Back