IVF/ICSI Support Group

My BT is next Friday. I feel v upset that I have lost symptoms and previous 3 bfps were like 7dp3dt and 8dp2dt poas +. For this one no feeling and nothing showing. Like game over. And I have a week to go. Praying hard for a miracle to happen.

HI Ladies, I am about to start 1st fresh IVF cycle.
May I know for the crinone insert, do you insert on your own or your husband assist with it?
My hubby do it for me but once he was travelling so I need to DIY for 6 days.. and I had slight blood stain for 3 days which freaked the hell out of me but it’s all ok. (I’m in week 20 now) so I think I’m just too rough on myself..

I have couple of friends who also DIY without issue so really depend on your “skills”

Ok thanks!

Think i will just reach there at 8am to ask the nurse. Hopefully i dont have to wait too long :/

Hello, just wanna check so you went at 8am without calling for your d2/d3 scan and they were ok? Cos i encounter the same situation as you. Thank you.

My BT is next Friday. I feel v upset that I have lost symptoms and previous 3 bfps were like 7dp3dt and 8dp2dt poas +. For this one no feeling and nothing showing. Like game over. And I have a week to go. Praying hard for a miracle to happen.

U did poas for this time and negative u mean?

Yes will just go with the flow. All children are blessings.

Lol in ivf, once u hit beyond 37, u can opt for more embryos instead of less. Put 3 instead of 2.

But case by case, if you’ve had bfp before, twins and triplets are likely scenarios. I’ve had 2 friend of friend’s, 1 got triplets from 2 embbies and the other has 2 from 1 embbie. Financially and logistically is a genuine problem. You really need a village to raise just 1 kid.

But if not, can try putting more.

seriously ? opt for more when older ?
for me i will just be worried about the increased risk.

67fb80fb621fe938adbb2d34272475cd.jpg

Hi there,
After almost 5 cycles of IVF, we were surprisingly blessed with a positive IUI procedure.
I have a new bottle of 25mg DHEA and an almost full box (50/60 tabs) or ProFerti to pass on. Bought ProFerti for $170 and hope to pass on the baby dust.
Both expiry in Jan/Feb 2020.
Pls PM me if you would like them.

Hi all. I am new to this. Prob will be starting IVF in March or April this year at KK. Would love any advice from you ladies. Been trying for quite sometime and finally decided to do IVF. Currently waiting for slot of the counselling in Feb 2019.

67fb80fb621fe938adbb2d34272475cd.jpg

Hi there,
After almost 5 cycles of IVF, we were surprisingly blessed with a positive IUI procedure.
I have a new bottle of 25mg DHEA and an almost full box (50/60 tabs) or ProFerti to pass on. Bought ProFerti for $170 and hope to pass on the baby dust.
Both expiry in Jan/Feb 2020.
Pls PM me if you would like them.

Congrats! Have been reading ur posts as i have loe amh too. Even thh recommends donor eggs. May i know what is your amh and your age?

This is my 4th fresh. My previous fresh were all one yr apart but now racing against age. So thinking of doing earlier
hugs.
previously thh ask me to wait at least 3-4 months, 6 months even. he said no use rushing cause body not ready.
you have no frosties?

This is my 4th fresh. My previous fresh were all one yr apart but now racing against age. So thinking of doing earlier
Hugs.
You may want to do a scan to see if there is any polyps or cyst or fabriod-before you proceed to do a embryo transfer. Cos sometimes it can be the womb, the embryo etc.

Hope you can find a doctor able to help you.

Last edited:

My friend got advised to do fresh cycles to retrieve eggs first before she hits the age where she will no longer be entitled to subsidy.

Not sure if that’s what applies for you but if financial is not a problem then no need to rush.

But u’ve always transferred after a fresh cycle? You have tried frozen cycles before right? Some people respond better to FET. Even for fresh cycle, they choose to freeze the embryo (if viable) and then do a frozen round a month later. I’ve read this study online before.

My friend got advised to do fresh cycles to retrieve eggs first before she hits the age where she will no longer be entitled to subsidy.

Not sure if that’s what applies for you but if financial is not a problem then no need to rush.

But u’ve always transferred after a fresh cycle? You have tried frozen cycles before right? Some people respond better to FET. Even for fresh cycle, they choose to freeze the embryo (if viable) and then do a frozen round a month later. I’ve read this study online before.

i guess the idea is to collect as many frozen as possible. for me i can’t do fresh for my 1st cycle because i had a lot of follicles on scanning.

Just wondering any1 had hidden follicies not picked up by the u/s scan and on er day, retrieved more eggs than what was recorded by the scan? Thk u.

Hi ladies!

Just wanna share that I just gave birth to a baby girl in December after 3 retrievals, 4 failed transfers.
Have been lurking in the forum and sometimes asking and replying msges, thank you for the wonderful support here!

Just to share my story:
I have hydrosalpinx, both my tubes were blocked
a 7cm blood cyst that affected my left ovary's size and function
Removed both tubes and the cyst.
Have pcos
Started IVF in 2016
Found out I have a mutatated Gene, Antiphospholid syndrome that cause recurrent miscarriages
therefore that explains the few failed transfers/miscarriages
Finally conceived and this baby stuck and grew in May 2018 on the 5th transfer

I changed fertility centre after failing two retrievals in Mount Elizabeth
Did the 3rd retrieval in Virtus.

Sharing my story to encourage all those who are embarking on this journey, or those who have failed and lost a pregnancy due to various reasons.. dont give up! and baby dust to all of you.

Hi ladies!

Just wanna share that I just gave birth to a baby girl in December after 3 retrievals, 4 failed transfers.
Have been lurking in the forum and sometimes asking and replying msges, thank you for the wonderful support here!

Just to share my story:
I have hydrosalpinx, both my tubes were blocked
a 7cm blood cyst that affected my left ovary's size and function
Removed both tubes and the cyst.
Have pcos
Started IVF in 2016
Found out I have a mutatated Gene, Antiphospholid syndrome that cause recurrent miscarriages
therefore that explains the few failed transfers/miscarriages
Finally conceived and this baby stuck and grew in May 2018 on the 5th transfer

I changed fertility centre after failing two retrievals in Mount Elizabeth
Did the 3rd retrieval in Virtus.

Sharing my story to encourage all those who are embarking on this journey, or those who have failed and lost a pregnancy due to various reasons.. dont give up! and baby dust to all of you.

Hi pls share the cost?

Hello pls share cost?

Virtus cost:
Oocyte (Egg) Retrieval:
All inclusive of doctor’s fees, anaesthetist fees, operating theatre & recovery room charges, laboratory charges (ICSI/IMSI, Blastocyst culture) and freezing & storage of embryos for 90 days
$8,800* - $9,500**

Embryo Transfer: All inclusive of doctor’s fees, operating theatre, recovery room charges and laboratory charges (embryo thawing if necessary, assisted hatching) $4,000 - $5,300**

As for the stimulation before transfer, consultation scans injections + meds I spend around 5k so total around 15k.

For embryo transfer ard 2-3k.

Actually it depends on how much dosage and meds u need also. different woman need different dosages base on their current condition but I highly suggest you need to put aside at least 20-30k to try in private hosp ba

Anyone doing ivf in Jan cycle? I am going to start soon as menses shd be coming, but feeling quite lost. Any recommendations what shd we eat shouldn’t eat? Thanks

Virtus cost:
Oocyte (Egg) Retrieval:
All inclusive of doctor’s fees, anaesthetist fees, operating theatre & recovery room charges, laboratory charges (ICSI/IMSI, Blastocyst culture) and freezing & storage of embryos for 90 days
$8,800* - $9,500**

Embryo Transfer: All inclusive of doctor’s fees, operating theatre, recovery room charges and laboratory charges (embryo thawing if necessary, assisted hatching) $4,000 - $5,300**

As for the stimulation before transfer, consultation scans injections + meds I spend around 5k so total around 15k.

Actually it depends on how much dosage and meds u need also. different woman need different dosages base on their current condition but I highly suggest you need to put aside at least 20-30k to try in private hosp ba
Can share who was yr doctor at virtus pls. Did you see any other doctor for recurrent miscarriage diagnosis. Did you do acupuncture and intralipid for your successful cycle.

Congrats on your little miracle.

I bfp after 2 fresh transfer n one fet so I also cannot say which is better. Due to aging wanna collect eggs faster. And may consider doing private as done 3 fresh n 2 get in kkh no luck. Just v sian to start back the whole thing. Bleed after bfn just finishing this week. Mood dull.

Can share who was yr doctor at virtus pls. Did you see any other doctor for recurrent miscarriage diagnosis. Did you do acupuncture and intralipid for your successful cycle.

Congrats on your little miracle.

Just to share, a friend of mine also failed in kkh and nuh for 5 years before she succeed in Virtus. She has low AMH. The centres make alot of difference. Not saying that KKH and NUH is not good, but machines do differ ba.

Dr Suresh Nair was my IVF Dr. Really thankful for him because he is really careful and cautious with my condition.
I saw Dr Sheila Vasoo for my recurrent miscarriage diagnosis, and was diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome and elevated Natural Killer Cells. Did intralipid and was on steroids and also blood thinners.

As for acupuncture, I did try on my failed cycles and I don't think it's necessary. It's costly and time consuming. So during the last cycle that resulted in BFP, I did not do acupuncture. Because I think acupuncture only increases blood flow awhile? I might be wrong but I think changing diet and eating those food that will help in blood circulation is better?

Instead, I changed my diet and drank alot of red dates water with Dangsheng before this successful transfer.
I don't eat white carbs at all. No white rice, those normal noodles etc. My dr did mention is to lower inflammation. So I only eat brown rice, brown rice pasta, kampung chicken, beef, pork, lamb, salmon, cod, veggies. No sweet stuffs at all. It was tough because in Singapore you don't really have much choices outside being a food paradise ya. So food was prepared at home.

Im not sure whether it will work for you, but it did work for me no harm trying? :)

@sgsg411 if you're a private patient in KKH due to no more subsidy, I think it's best to change centre. No point going to the same centre and don't change anything and keep getting the same results. I changed centre after failing twice in Mount E. Fresh place, new luck? All the best to you! Hope you get your miracle soon. If you need to know anything else feel free to pm me will be happy to help.

I bfp after 2 fresh transfer n one fet so I also cannot say which is better. Due to aging wanna collect eggs faster. And may consider doing private as done 3 fresh n 2 get in kkh no luck. Just v sian to start back the whole thing. Bleed after bfn just finishing this week. Mood dull.

I see... then that’s not the issue for u. Hugs. Just take it one day at a time...

@Sevs thanks for sharing gal. I was shortlisting few Dr's in private. Dr Sheila loh@ Raffles Dr Suresh Nair @ Virtus and Dr Cheng @ TMC. Yeah since no more subsidy shud try private. Dr Tan is v nice in kkh but I don't like the factory protocol where u can see him only er et n scan review done by different ppl. N this time my lining was 15mm and I had follicles 29mm 25mm 23 mm but they went ahead. We can't discuss like in private I think. hope to strike with the change. I have made appt to see Dr Sheila vasoo as well as I had 3 mc before. I saw Dr choolani after my 3rd bfp to save the pregnancy but ended in mc also. N he did all the tests about 5k N only my sugar a bit high rest was OK. I need a doctor to monitor my hormone levels before during N after ivf and heard Dr Sheila helps in that. So will be seeking her guidance. Dr Suresh wait shud be quite long I think. But did he have enough time to discuss with you after appts N did u see him in Virtus for all appts er N et.

@Sevs thanks for sharing gal. I was shortlisting few Dr's in private. Dr Sheila loh@ Raffles Dr Suresh Nair @ Virtus and Dr Cheng @ TMC. Yeah since no more subsidy shud try private. Dr Tan is v nice in kkh but I don't like the factory protocol where u can see him only er et n scan review done by different ppl. N this time my lining was 15mm and I had follicles 29mm 25mm 23 mm but they went ahead. We can't discuss like in private I think. hope to strike with the change. I have made appt to see Dr Sheila vasoo as well as I had 3 mc before. I saw Dr choolani after my 3rd bfp to save the pregnancy but ended in mc also. N he did all the tests about 5k N only my sugar a bit high rest was OK. I need a doctor to monitor my hormone levels before during N after ivf and heard Dr Sheila helps in that. So will be seeking her guidance. Dr Suresh wait shud be quite long I think. But did he have enough time to discuss with you after appts N did u see him in Virtus for all appts er N et.

Virtus is a lab where a few Doctors use it for OR and ET. They see patients at their own clinic. Eg Roland see patients at Mt E Novena and parkway east

I saw Dr Sheila Vasoo before but it did not work for me. Hope she can help u.

All the best!

Virtus is a lab where a few Doctors use it for OR and ET. They see patients at their own clinic. Eg Roland see patients at Mt E Novena and parkway east

I saw Dr Sheila Vasoo before but it did not work for me. Hope she can help u.

All the best!
Ya this whole ivf journey is a mystery. There is no one size fits all and no one success n fool proof protocol. It's all trial n error and we run around like siow. Am also not sure if Sheila will work for me. Just go with open mind. Oh if they don't use the virus lab then it's their own lab right. Heard good reviews at virtus labs.

Heard Sincere also good Dr Paul and Angela combination worked for some sisters. Now I have to make up my mind.

Last edited:
Ya this ejole of journey is a mystery. There is no one size fits all and no one success n fool proof protocol. Hair. It's all trial n error and we run around like siow. Am also not sure if Sheila will work for me. Just go with open mind. Oh if they don't use the virus lab then it's their own lab right. Heard good reviews at virtus labs.

Heard Sincere also good Dr Paul and Angela combination worked for some sisters. Now I have to make up my mind.

There’s a few pte doc who use virtus fertility center as the lab to do OR and ET. U have to find out who are the specific Doctors.

Virtus cost:
Oocyte (Egg) Retrieval:
$8,800* - $9,500**

Hi Sevs,

Sorry for duplicate posts, Thanks for your input,
Will consider as the cost is hefty, as i failed multiple times so need to save up $ first, Congrats to you!

Back