1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

IVF/ICSI Support Group

Discussion in 'Matters Of The Heart' started by tomatoes, Aug 26, 2004.

1. No acupuncture will be done after ET, my tcm doc will give chinese med to help with the implantation and make the body stronger. Acupuncture only be done before ET or during stims.

2. I also ended up with bfn during my first fresh when i wasn't with him. Really hopefully i can get as lucky as u this time round, thank u!

Daledale and hajar like this.
  3. angelbaby924

angelbaby924 Active Member

Hi, I did acupuncture after ET and I bfp-ed. But I didn't take any tcm med

Twinkleshinemeow likes this.
  4. Winniewiniepooh

Winniewiniepooh Active Member

Any sister Ivf under Dr yeong this month ?

5. kk82

kk82 Active Member

So there's actually two practices- take medicine and avoid accunpuncture post ET or the opposite. Hmm. Also, .can we take tcm med during stimulation?

6. Lapin

Lapin Active Member

I did accunputure throughout my IVF including the 2ww (twice after transfer, once before transfer) with dr Zou and had a BFP in Feb cycle.

mountainbaby and Goingcircles like this.
  7. g2hong

g2hong Member

Hi Daledale, my case will be like yours, menses will come late jul and er, et in aug. I guess i dun have to re-queue again

8. Daledale

Daledale Well-Known Member

Yes so long you started the cycle in jul is fine. =)

9. Daledale

You can take tcm during stimulation just 2hr apart from jab / western medication. I only went accupunture post ET with dr zou. Bfp on my first cycle.

10. Daledale

I try to take more fish, protein, broccoli and egg.

hajar likes this.
  11. sunbelle

sunbelle Well-Known Member

Saw a lot of ladies have adeyomosis and endometriosis. How do you all cope with the monthly pain ? I wish to get preggie asap naturally to resolve this

12. angelbaby924

angelbaby924 Active Member

I stopped my menses and wait till my uterus is of optimal condition den went for ivf

13. mountainbaby

mountainbaby Member

Going for my 3rd fresh in June, and cannot decide whether to continue TCM medication during stimulation or not.
    Did any of you continue with the TCM medication during stimulation?

14. lady081980

lady081980 Active Member

Your TCM is who? first two did u continue?

15. I continued with tcm meds and acupuncture during stims, found it quite helpful for the growth of follicles and lining. I just made sure i took the tcm med 2 to 3 hours after my jabs.

16. mountainbaby

mountainbaby Member

1st fresh took tcm. BFN.
    then i stoppped tcm and went for 1st fet from this batch of embryos also bfn.
    2nd fresh did not take tcm. bfn.
    2nd FET started tcm with Dr Zou. had chemical pregnancy
    so I believe tcm with Dr Zou helped me since there was an improvement.
    But the embryos from this fet was when I did not take tcm.
    So that's why I am in a dilemma as to whether to take the medication during stimulation.
    Will definietely continue accupuncture during my 3rd fresh, but not sure about the medication.

Any advice from sisters who tried with and without tcm for previous cycles?

17. mountainbaby

mountainbaby Member

Don't mind sharing, how was your lining this time compared to previous?

18. Winniewiniepooh

Thanks sister

Daledale likes this.
  19. Winniewiniepooh

Is Dr zou yu min ?

20. Actually i myself also don't know it's due to the tcm meds/acupuncture or the new stims drug that resulted in quite good thickness of lining that grew pretty fast. This is my 2nd fresh and i was given gonal f (1st round was puregon), accompanied by acupuncture/tcm meds everyday and i had 7.8mm lining by day 8 of stims (roughly CD11/12). Currently while I'm waiting for my lining to grow for my upcoming fet, i was quite disappointed that my lining was read as only 5.6mm yesterday (roughly CD12/13). This time i only did acupuncture for every 3 days, seriously I'm not sure whether it's the cause.

mountainbaby likes this.
  21. lady081980

lady081980 Active Member

Maybe u can try red bean soup for lining.

22. Daledale

Yes

23. Daledale

Red bean soup has good feedback helps in lining. Try drink daily and see how yr tcm can help you. =)

24. kk82

kk82 Active Member

Hi Lapin. Yea I remember u told me. U mentioned u did not take any herb powder throughout the IVF from stimulation right?

25. Thank u!

26. shijiaxin

shijiaxin Active Member

Just wondering..... Do you all test before blood test?

27. imkfanatic

imkfanatic Active Member

Are u on fet cycle this month? I went for scan yesterday too. CD12 lining 8.8 triple. I always have triple lining over 8 for my cycles but still bfn. Also don't know what is the cause.

For first fresh, I took tcm medicine and acupuncture yet bfn. Took red bean soup and eggs. This fet I took red bean soup, eggs and red dates drink. I will stop tcm and rest at home rather than moving around like what I did in fresh cycle. Or else the next fresh cycle will be in sep. A long wait

Fel C and hajar like this.
  28. Lapin

Lapin Active Member

Yup, that's correct. Just her acupuncture alone (without herbs), and also taking red bean soup and Brazil nuts (all just focus on lining) during stimulation plus prob some effects too from the stimulation jabs, my lining was surprising thick - 9.8mm by 5 days of stimulation (twice accunputure), 10.5mm by 7-day of stimulation (3rd time accunputure) and final scan at 11.8mm (4th accunputure before ER).

mountainbaby likes this.
  29. Lapin

Lapin Active Member

Yes that's right. I only did acupuncture without herbs during IVF. The herbs I took for 1 year and stoped during IVF cycle cos jabbing is too much torture already. All the best for u! Hope all been going well for you:)

kk82 likes this.
  30. catinthesky

catinthesky Active Member

Tried TCM with first fresh, BFN.

Now 2nd fresh 2ww, i totally didn't do TCM (for $ reasons). Let's see the results next week...

mountainbaby likes this.
  31. Daledale

Good luck and baby dust to you.

catinthesky likes this.
  32. kk82

kk82 Active Member

Good luck and let us know again:)

catinthesky likes this.
  33. mountainbaby

mountainbaby Member

So for this fet, you only doing acupuncture and no med?
    I also did puregon for 1st fresh and gonal f for 2nd fresh. both times, lining barely reached 8mm.
    for my last fet, with tcm med and acupuncture, lining only reached 7.5mm.
    i spammed red bean soup after that. do consider trying that. hopefully it will help you =)

hajar likes this.
  34. mountainbaby

mountainbaby Member

Brazil beans is to be taken during stimulation too? I thought it was to be taken only after ET?
    And you did not take Dr Zou herbs throughout the whole ivf duration or only during stimulation and continued the meds after et?

35. Winniewiniepooh

I am seeing her too

36. Winniewiniepooh

Thanks for ur reply sister. But I am going to do FET , Dr Yeong 's practice is to do FET and try to transfer D5 embries.

37. daylesford

daylesford Well-Known Member

Brazilian nuts have loads of selenium which aids implantation. You can eat a few seeds daily after your embyro transfer. Do note that over consumption of brazil nuts can cause heatiness so just eat in moderation.

mountainbaby and hajar like this.
  38. Twinklestar77

Twinklestar77 New Member

I'm so glad to find this supporter group! I got my bfp with 1 blastocyst transfer on my 1st fresh cycle last Nov which unfortunately miscarriage at 8 weeks due to no hearbeat. I had OHSS during that cycle.

Sadly my recent FET 2 weeks ago has resulted in a BFN. I transferred 2 blastocysts of which one of them was already a hatching blast. My lining was 9.8mm triple. Everything seems so promising.

During my 1st successful fresh cycle, beside the pre-natal vitamins, Vitamin C and folic acid, all I did was only a total of 3 sessions of accupunture (1 day before transfer, a day after transfer followed by 1 more session 2 days later, and religiously drinking chicken essence, red dates longan tea and Brazil nuts.

For my failed FET cycle, I increased my acupuncture to twice a week for 1 month followed by a session on the day of transfer then 2 days later. I also added Vitamin D (aid implantation), Metformin (for my PCOS) and Asprin to reduce miscarriage as well as 3 sessions of Intralipid infusion. I did all I can hoping to make things work. I really do not know if I am overdoing every little steps.

It's been 3 days since I stop my progesterone insert but the menses still has not arrived. Anyone experience this?

Hope that this episode will come to a closure soon so that I can move on to start my next FET.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  39. kk82

kk82 Active Member

May I know which doctor you are with?

40. Lapin

Lapin Active Member

Brazil nuts and red bean soup can be taken both before & after ET. I didnt take the herbs for whole IVF cycle, only did accuptunure throughout IVF. I only resume herbs - but it's Ang Tai Med after BPF blood test. All the best!

mountainbaby and hajar like this.
  41. mountainbaby

mountainbaby Member

Thank you for the info =)

42. MinMinT

MinMinT New Member

Today is my 7th day of embryo transfer, but my progesterone level is 25, which consider low according to doctor.

Anyone has any idea any food can increase the progesterone level ?

hajar likes this.
  43. shijiaxin

shijiaxin Active Member

I thought Dr will give u the progesterone gel insert? If you Google... They mentioned yam.. But I rather seek for doc's advice

MinMinT and Daledale like this.
  44. Wishingstar98

Wishingstar98 Member

Hi all,

Can i ask if anyone knows why is mercilon (birth control) pill given before fet cycle starts? What is the purpose of the birth control pill? Not very comfortable with taking it heard will decrease response to future stimulants. Can just take prognova?

45. shijiaxin

shijiaxin Active Member

I suggest you listen and take it in an open mind... Going through ivf most importantly no doubt no stress no worry... And possible don't ask... Doc has planned for you... They don't anyhow prescribed medicine to us...

hajar likes this.
  46. Wishingstar98

Wishingstar98 Member

Thanks not that i dont trust the doctor just want to know more of its use and hear from the experience of the ladies. I mean that is the purpose of the forum to share info.To me not knowing much cause more stress :)

47. Winniewiniepooh

Only 5 follicles can be seen at day 6 stim , does it mean I low response to the med? Thinking should I cancel the cycle or not ? Some more they want to cultivate the embryies to D5, the. Frozen after that to do FET, really worry about it

48. Winniewiniepooh

Sister, can anyone share the difference between low stim and high stim ?

49. imkfanatic

imkfanatic Active Member

No idea. I wasn't prescribed mercilon, just prognova. R u from Kkh nuh or private?

50. imkfanatic

imkfanatic Active Member

Number seems alright. I had around the same number on d6 also. Follicles will still continue to grow and you will know the number of follicles and eggs on day of ER