IVF/ICSI Support Group

when ur husband saw him previously, he didn't try acupuncture? oo did you try some supplements such as ubiquinol, vitamin c and e, zinc and selenium? heard from other friends that this helped improve their husbands SA too.
Yes he did e acupuncture twice. Yes he on multivits. Thanks will revisit e options again

Hi sistas,

May I know how to keep our womb warm, every morning I measured my temperature, were up and down...sometimes 36.5, 36.3. 35.4, 36.2, this morning was 36, too Low... Like that how to conceive naturally:(
Try to drink only hot drinks even for water. Keep your feet warm and don't let it go cold.

Try to drink only hot drinks even for water. Keep your feet warm and don't let it go cold.
Done evrytin also still if not meant to be not meant to be ..Haish....Giving up feelin on the top liao.still gotta keep moving forward tho..evry months gota chase that chance...chase chase chase..

Hi sistas,

May I know how to keep our womb warm, every morning I measured my temperature, were up and down...sometimes 36.5, 36.3. 35.4, 36.2, this morning was 36, too Low... Like that how to conceive naturally:(
yrs better than mine. My readings were all 35plus
Hi babes, just to share based on my experience with bbt and advice from my tcm doc while I was on it before Ivf and during early part of Ivf journey. Single or a few readings even if based on consecutive days aren't really helpful to conclude your fertility health. We need to consistently track daily bbt for at least 3 cycles and each cycle should include the whole of follicular phase, ovulation and luteal phase (essentially you track bbt using a proper bbt thermometer the first thing you wake up and if possible before getting out of bed everyday). Comparing the bbt readings to others' or any reference alone aren't really helpful.
What you want to study is your own bbt trend within each cycle and over at least 3 cycles. If you see a clear biphasic trend it indicates you have ovulated within the cycle and a clear raised bbt sustained for at least 12 days indicate minimal risk of progesterone deficiency post ovulation. If you consistently have a biphasic trend every cycle and the total length of the cycle in days are pretty consistent for your own case, it means you have regular ovulation and menstrual cycle. These two key findings are true regardless if your individual readings are perceived as lower or higher than others.
If the trend suggests irregular cycles or anovulatory cycles, get hormone levels and thyroid function checked. You would want to treat any causes and get back on track of regular cycles then condition overall health to improve reproductive function, or complement Ivf treatments, otherwise just having a high bbt may not help.
If the trends suggest all is good, consider ditching bbt tracking to avoid becoming obsessed or stressed about it. Also bbt tracking during Ivf cycles are likely inaccurate so best to do away with this additional stress and focus on keeping well and staying positive. Jia you!

Last edited:
Morning! Time to harvest! All the best to almonddearie and miloqueen! Wish u all haf a gd harvest n bfp together!
I'm just done with mine! What's traumatizing is the drip needle... First time on GA or going through any kind of surgery... Unless you count wisdom tooth extraction haha...

Have a great harvest too, humbaobao!

Hello all.. i have got this crinone gel to bless... about 14 sticks i think. Pls let me know if anyone is interested. Expiry is in 2018. Prescribe to me by KKH. Self collection at Yishun.

Hi babes, just to share based on my experience with bbt and advice from my tcm doc while I was on it before Ivf and during early part of Ivf journey. Single or a few readings even if based on consecutive days aren't really helpful to conclude your fertility health. We need to consistently track daily bbt for at least 3 cycles and each cycle should include the whole of follicular phase, ovulation and luteal phase (essentially you track bbt using a proper bbt thermometer the first thing you wake up and if possible before getting out of bed everyday). Comparing the bbt readings to others' or any reference alone aren't really helpful.
What you want to study is your own bbt trend within each cycle and over at least 3 cycles. If you see a clear biphasic trend it indicates you have ovulated within the cycle and a clear raised bbt sustained for at least 12 days indicate minimal risk of progesterone deficiency post ovulation. If you consistently have a biphasic trend every cycle and the total length of the cycle in days are pretty consistent for your own case, it means you have regular ovulation and menstrual cycle. These two key findings are true regardless if your individual readings are perceived as lower or higher than others.
If the trend suggests irregular cycles or anovulatory cycles, get hormone levels and thyroid function checked. You would want to treat any causes and get back on track of regular cycles then condition overall health to improve reproductive function, or complement Ivf treatments, otherwise just having a high bbt may not help.
If the trends suggest all is good, consider ditching bbt tracking to avoid becoming obsessed or stressed about it. Also bbt tracking during Ivf cycles are likely inaccurate so best to do away with this additional stress and focus on keeping well and staying positive. Jia you!

Tks for the detailed explaination. Actually I took the readings for a week cause my acupuncture tcm told mi to. Othr than tt I don tk temp readings. Too stressful I feel

Tks for the detailed explaination. Actually I took the readings for a week cause my acupuncture tcm told mi to. Othr than tt I don tk temp readings. Too stressful I feel
too stressful & traumatizing when you see the temperature dip when it should go up all the way. There were times I forgot to take my readings, so I just either leave it blank (then cant see the trend :p) or just "hiong". But I think temperature taking is very primitive. Chasing for a kid is stressful enough, still have to wake up to measure BBT :p

too stressful & traumatizing when you see the temperature dip when it should go up all the way. There were times I forgot to take my readings, so I just either leave it blank (then cant see the trend :p) or just "hiong". But I think temperature taking is very primitive. Chasing for a kid is stressful enough, still have to wake up to measure BBT :p
I found it stressful too! All the analyzing!

I found it stressful too! All the analyzing!
analyzing is fun if you have all the readings :) But the feeling of the world crashing onto you is when you see a particular temperature measurement dip after many days of high temperature readings. When the temperature dips means that that month is a gone-case. Been there so many times until I just want to tear up the paper :/

analyzing is fun if you have all the readings :) But the feeling of the world crashing onto you is when you see a particular temperature measurement dip after many days of high temperature readings. When the temperature dips means that that month is a gone-case. Been there so many times until I just want to tear up the paper :/
Yeah, and it can kill the passion when love making becomes timed around that bbt charting when trying naturally between Ivf cycles. So rather focus on eating healthy, resting well and trying to stay positive!

Actually my experience with TCM is not at all good, which attributes to my disbelief in TCM. But of course, it's just a personal belief and experience. Some of my friends (with no problems herself) got pregnant with the help of TCM.

I've been to a Chinese sinseh at Serangoon North (http://fabianjoyce.blogspot.sg/2009/06/chinese-physician-in-serangoon.html) and was told to do the BBT measurements and to take his capsules for both me and hubs. We had no idea what the capsules contain, just that we were told to consume them 2 or 3x daily and to pay S$128 for each visit. Every single time, he would see my pulse and tongue and see my BBT chart and say that we had no problems and it was just a matter of time. We just had to wait. It was after 4-5 months that my hubs got fed up and we decided to abandon the ship.

The Q at TSB was horrible, it could be 1-1.5 hours each time and again, it's the same old thing - taking measurements and brewing of herbs which we had no idea what the herbs contain. During this time, we decided to go for IVF with THH and while waiting to meet him some weeks later, we also tried on our own (of course it didn't work out).

Failed my first fresh and 2nd frozen and TSB had no answers only to say that the womb is cold and to continue drinking the herbs. During one of scans, THH diagnosed me as having hydrosalphinx and was given the option to unblock or snip off. I chose the later and underwent the last frozen. Got my boy and abandoned TCM altogether.

Yeah, and it can kill the passion when love making becomes timed around that bbt charting when trying naturally between Ivf cycles. So rather focus on eating healthy, resting well and trying to stay positive!
I agree on this one. Passion is seriously doused when we see that the O kit has double line and no matter how tired also must do homework. I couldn't track my temp cause my temp went all over the place throughout the month.

eh true lor...i was so focused on bb making then that my hubs couldn't erect and I would say it wasn't a good experience :( I was like forcing him to "just do it", don't waste the precious day and maybe he got super turned off :/

Actually my experience with TCM is not at all good, which attributes to my disbelief in TCM. But of course, it's just a personal belief and experience. Some of my friends (with no problems herself) got pregnant with the help of TCM.

I've been to a Chinese sinseh at Serangoon North (http://fabianjoyce.blogspot.sg/2009/06/chinese-physician-in-serangoon.html) and was told to do the BBT measurements and to take his capsules for both me and hubs. We had no idea what the capsules contain, just that we were told to consume them 2 or 3x daily and to pay S$128 for each visit. Every single time, he would see my pulse and tongue and see my BBT chart and say that we had no problems and it was just a matter of time. We just had to wait. It was after 4-5 months that my hubs got fed up and we decided to abandon the ship.

The Q at TSB was horrible, it could be 1-1.5 hours each time and again, it's the same old thing - taking measurements and brewing of herbs which we had no idea what the herbs contain. During this time, we decided to go for IVF with THH and while waiting to meet him some weeks later, we also tried on our own (of course it didn't work out).

Failed my first fresh and 2nd frozen and TSB had no answers only to say that the womb is cold and to continue drinking the herbs. During one of scans, THH diagnosed me as having hydrosalphinx and was given the option to unblock or snip off. I chose the later and underwent the last frozen. Got my boy and abandoned TCM altogether.
It took me awhile to convince myself to see TSB. It was thh who told me to go for Tcm in the end which convinced me. But so sing ku to chart and tell hubby tonight is important and see red 2 weeks later.
Now still seeing TSB and with this successful cycle, she is taking credit loh.

It took me awhile to convince myself to see TSB. It was thh who told me to go for Tcm in the end which convinced me. But so sing ku to chart and tell hubby tonight is important and see red 2 weeks later.
Now still seeing TSB and with this successful cycle, she is taking credit loh.

Actually should be THH :p Without him, you wouldn't even consider seeing TSB.

I cannot forget how tedious the brewing of herbs is :/ Do they provide brewing services now?

Actually should be THH :p Without him, you wouldn't even consider seeing TSB.

I cannot forget how tedious the brewing of herbs is :/ Do they provide brewing services now?

Obviously I am not gonna tell her that. Lol.
I brew myself. I think they do provide.

I'm just done with mine! What's traumatizing is the drip needle... First time on GA or going through any kind of surgery... Unless you count wisdom tooth extraction haha...

Same here! First time doing surgery (not even wisdom tooth extraction yet haha) and I must say it was quite an experience. I can't imagine those going through major operation. Got this feeling of sighs this is life when lying on the bed in operating theatre.

Now having menses-like cramps...and got to watch out for OHSS.

Same here! First time doing surgery (not even wisdom tooth extraction yet haha) and I must say it was quite an experience. I can't imagine those going through major operation. Got this feeling of sighs this is life when lying on the bed in operating theatre.

Now having menses-like cramps...and got to watch out for OHSS.
Me too... Also gotta watch for OHSS. After I got discharged, my tummy seems to bloat more and more. Very worried. Went to grab some lunch and ginger soup dessert, now heading home to rest. Can barely walk now. So different from just now post-op.

Hi towkayneo, i enjoyed your sharing as your my conditiona n experience is pretty similar as yours..
i was also with the chinese sinseh at serangoon north for almost a yr before we decided to go for IVF. Was taking his med and bbt religiously.. but of cos.. it didnt work out too. his sessions were quite standard.. every time.. he would say "ooh womb too cold.. dun worry.. will have one.." so very exasperating.. till i went for my pre-ivf at kkh and was told by dr that the only working tube is swollen and prob filled with fluid (i had undergone a hydrosalphinx surgery 3 yrs back) and same like yourself, was given the option to snip it off or drain the fluid. if i had continued staying on at the chinese sinseh i think the tube would be so full of fluid, it might explode in me. i chose later after seeking a 2nd opinion from Dr Loh and did my 1st IVF cycle with him in Apr.. now waiting for Aug for my FET as i was at risk of OHSS..

I'm done wif mine too! Retrieve 19.. I think i ko within 1min.. Den after the er they wakeme up to transfer bed i got hard time open my eyes.. Den b4 i noe i already on bed sleeping.. Dunno how i crawl over.. Haha

Me too... Also gotta watch for OHSS. After I got discharged, my tummy seems to bloat more and more. Very worried. Went to grab some lunch and ginger soup dessert, now heading home to rest. Can barely walk now. So different from just now post-op.
Did they prescribe med for u? Take more egg whites.. They say tomato juice n 100plus help

I'm done wif mine too! Retrieve 19.. I think i ko within 1min.. Den after the er they wakeme up to transfer bed i got hard time open my eyes.. Den b4 i noe i already on bed sleeping.. Dunno how i crawl over.. Haha
Got transfer bed?! I don't even recall and only woke up when they push me to lounge area hahaha

Got transfer bed?! I don't even recall and only woke up when they push me to lounge area hahaha

Hi all, it's been 3 years plus and last wed, I finally delivered my miracle baby! It is such an amazing experience. I like to share and remind all out there the need to persist and be patient. I recalled the failed iuis and Ivf transfers and those moments of sadness and disappointments and those thoughts that I might never would be a parent! Thanks to the frens who had given me encouragement and support all this while. To all out there still trying, be patient and do not give up. For us, somehow conceiving would be a more daunting journey than the pregnancy itself. But if you try long n hard enough, I wish your baby dream will come true!

I'm also going to grab a simple lunch and quickly go home to rest. Will whack egg whites to help prevent OHSS. Nurse told me to take hard-boiled eggs and refrain from raw food.

Rest well ladies and good luck for the next phase. Jiayou jiayou!

Did they prescribe med for u? Take more egg whites.. They say tomato juice n 100plus help
Ya they prescribed med. lol I also had no idea how I ended up in another bed, they probably lifted us over. But they did pat me awake, telling me the procedure is over.

THH harvested 15 eggs for me. But not sure of the final sizes. Nurse did say comprise of big and small.

Thanks for the tip. Going to buy 100plus. I don't think I can stomach many hard-boiled egg whites leh, nurse says no more soft-boiled. >.<

Hi all, it's been 3 years plus and last wed, I finally delivered my miracle baby! It is such an amazing experience. I like to share and remind all out there the need to persist and be patient. I recalled the failed iuis and Ivf transfers and those moments of sadness and disappointments and those thoughts that I might never would be a parent! Thanks to the frens who had given me encouragement and support all this while. To all out there still trying, be patient and do not give up. For us, somehow conceiving would be a more daunting journey than the pregnancy itself. But if you try long n hard enough, I wish your baby dream will come true!
Congratulations !

Ya they prescribed med. lol I also had no idea how I ended up in another bed, they probably lifted us over. But they did pat me awake, telling me the procedure is over.

THH harvested 15 eggs for me. But not sure of the final sizes. Nurse did say comprise of big and small.

Thanks for the tip. Going to buy 100plus. I don't think I can stomach many hard-boiled egg whites leh, nurse says no more soft-boiled. >.<
I mix in my porridge consider raw o not?

I'm also going to grab a simple lunch and quickly go home to rest. Will whack egg whites to help prevent OHSS. Nurse told me to take hard-boiled eggs and refrain from raw food.

Rest well ladies and good luck for the next phase. Jiayou jiayou!
My ET this wed... Hang in there miloqueen and humbaobao!

My ET this wed... Hang in there miloqueen and humbaobao!
They called you back on timing to report already? I think by default we all have to go back on Wed and prepare ourselves as though ET is taking place. Doc will then discuss with us on chances of blastocysts. Also hinges on blood test for OHSS. There will be some uncertainties the next few days.

Both of you taking full 19 days of HL right?

They called you back on timing to report already? I think by default we all have to go back on Wed and prepare ourselves as though ET is taking place. Doc will then discuss with us on chances of blastocysts. Also hinges on blood test for OHSS. There will be some uncertainties the next few days.

Ya i taking full 19.. They haben call me back on the timing.. Dun dare to hp to silent.. Lol

Ya I taking 19th. They just called. Mine's at 8.15am. Ya I know it'll be subjected to OHSS and whether can do blastocysts... whether to do blastocysts is dependent on the number of fertilized eggs right ? My TCM says prob need more than 10 embryos. I'm not very hopeful with my 15 eggs cause my last scan showed only 7 promising ones.

Also we doing first time, I thought the default at KKH is day 3, as read before on this forum. But not sure if I misunderstood.

Hi towkayneo, i enjoyed your sharing as your my conditiona n experience is pretty similar as yours..
i was also with the chinese sinseh at serangoon north for almost a yr before we decided to go for IVF. Was taking his med and bbt religiously.. but of cos.. it didnt work out too. his sessions were quite standard.. every time.. he would say "ooh womb too cold.. dun worry.. will have one.." so very exasperating.. till i went for my pre-ivf at kkh and was told by dr that the only working tube is swollen and prob filled with fluid (i had undergone a hydrosalphinx surgery 3 yrs back) and same like yourself, was given the option to snip it off or drain the fluid. if i had continued staying on at the chinese sinseh i think the tube would be so full of fluid, it might explode in me. i chose later after seeking a 2nd opinion from Dr Loh and did my 1st IVF cycle with him in Apr.. now waiting for Aug for my FET as i was at risk of OHSS..
Yeah! I wished that physician Zhang would be more ethical and tell us that he couldn't find the prob instead of wasting our time. His fees are not cheap either. I wish you all the best!

Ya I taking 19th. They just called. Mine's at 8.15am. Ya I know it'll be subjected to OHSS and whether can do blastocysts... whether to do blastocysts is dependent on the number of fertilized eggs right ? My TCM says prob need more than 10 embryos. I'm not very hopeful with my 15 eggs cause my last scan showed only 7 promising ones.

Also we doing first time, I thought the default at KKH is day 3, as read before on this forum. But not sure if I misunderstood.
I jus receive call.. My timing is 9.40am..

To culture to blastocyst is for discussion between you and dr, not cause of # of embies. You can ask dr just before your ET, what's his recommendation.
For example of mine, due to prior Ivf experience that my embies hv poorer quality, dr recommended to culture to blast. I had 16 eggs, 7 fertilized, 3 made to blastocyst, transferred 2, nil frozen.

Yeah! I wished that physician Zhang would be more ethical and tell us that he couldn't find the prob instead of wasting our time. His fees are not cheap either. I wish you all the best!
ya lor.. i wasted 1 yr of my qing chun with him lae...and was so diligent in going to him for med during each menses... not to mention the plotting of the chart and ttrying naturally during the 'golden period' he always mark out...

To culture to blastocyst is for discussion between you and dr, not cause of # of embies. You can ask dr just before your ET, what's his recommendation.
For example of mine, due to prior Ivf experience that my embies hv poorer quality, dr recommended to culture to blast. I had 16 eggs, 7 fertilized, 3 made to blastocyst, transferred 2, nil frozen.
Thanks for sharing, MichNg!

So you transferred 2 blastocysts? Do they give you updates on the embbies' progress on a daily basis to help decide when you should go back for ET? I hope my hubby can be around but will be difficult for him to keep taking leave on short notice.

Thanks for sharing, MichNg!

So you transferred 2 blastocysts? Do they give you updates on the embbies' progress on a daily basis to help decide when you should go back for ET? I hope my hubby can be around but will be difficult for him to keep taking leave on short notice.
Yup, 2 blasts.
No daily update for KKH. No news is good news kinda style. It's a bit troublesome, I agree. Same with the decision to culture... Only discussed when I am sitting in the ET Room with my bladder full and legs wide open. LOL.

Was wondering if no prior experience, what is the decision based on then?

I'm not sure if I should insist on culturing because I'm not sure what's good for me. Pretty much THH decides right?

dear all, i am now in long protocol, so sad today doctor my egg still small. maybe i will fail this time. i just wonder duno maybe i m vegetarian ? anyone same experience here..tke

Back