IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Pokoyo,

The symptoms are as follow :

1) heavy or painful menses
2) protruding abdominal
3) have history of endometriosis

Mine resulted from endometriosis . A scanning via ultrasound by experienced gynae can tell. I know of a lady whose adeyomosis so serious that she looks like 4 months preggie .

Hi Ladylamp, you can use ovulation strip to test whether are you ovulating or measure temp. Yeah all these are methods. Watch out for a mucus like discharge . It will also mean u have ovulate.
happy.gif

Hi Chrisl, good to see you here too. My baby is 10 months now so tot of preparing the next step. Yeah age is seriously catching up. But wanna give all a morals boaster that my collegue 42 can also pregnant. Mi close to 40 liao better buck up so tot of doing FET . Who know? Check up got the cyst tinggy. sianz.

Thank you so much for sharing on the procedure for FET. Chrisl, are u also trying now huh? Do u happen to know how much is the FET in KKH huh?

Hi sisters, been reading about sisters who resign and focus on trying for BB, come to think of it, very 伟大. I took no pay leave from my job also and resigned after a year. Gave up an opportunity for prospective promotion as my ex-boss knew I was trying very hard to get preg and she advised me to take it easy. Initially, I thought maybe I am too 'kan jiong' or stress so cannot conceive, thus my hub told me to quit my job and help him in his small biz. I was very hesitant cos we are practically putting all eggs into one basket. *stress*

Cos of the many sacrifices we have made, I have been feeling stressful in TTCing naturally and now going for IVF. I always heard stories on how couples tried and tried, even went for IVF, but no positive outcome but eventually 'gave up' and conceived. I hope I can reach that stage of 'giving up' and then have a little miracle happening.

I still have 2 months before IVF commences, hoping and praying that the miracle will soon come.

Sunbelle: thanks. I do hv endometriosis n is worried tat andeyomosis may follow.. Ok, will cnfm with my Gynae during nxt scan. May I knw if u these conditions of endo, cyst n ande when u preggy with first child?

Tingaling, yah...Dr Zou keeps asking me if i could be preg...but i was pretty confident cos we didnt even try at all... and my af was a bit heavier than the previous months for the first 2 days after it came on 51st day..

it may not be the same for u...if u had tried, there is a chance...dun dismiss it...just wait and see and no harm jus trying out on hpt..who knows...u may get a surprise present...if not, then just wait patiently for it to come...

sss, coz whole day nobody to talk to, very sian.. maybe I talkative type lar... plus dh very busy at work always home late, if I dun hv my circle of friends, I'll be facing wall all day
sad.gif
normally when dh travel I will start doing spring cleaning.. hahaha And u r right ER is ard ovulate time.. but u cannot ovulate else they cannot find the egg... thus trigger shot and ER is always 36hrs, choy choy choy af will not report must think positive... good luck later
happy.gif

I agree on the promotion things.. u wil see ppl very idle but still promote and even faster than u.. so must see open come to work.The world is unfair.. juz think our priority is bb making.. the rest are not impt...

affirmation, hugs... maybe u can try part-time?? sometime working can help us to forget the trouble.. as time flies when u r busy..
happy.gif

lynx_sea, thus in order not to stress myself, I explain the flow of ivf to my ils.... make them understand what I going thru and the risk of abort cycle at every stage, even show mil the 'holes' that dh had created

mei2, update us on your scan okie... good luck...

Nur, its okie to acupuncture everyday de, but every doc hv their protocol, juz go w your feel

hi lynhope, thanks for asking hee
left side no grow at all.. so given up hope there.. right side have 4 follicles that grow better from 10.5 to 13mm, 12.5mm, 11.5mm and 11mm.. the rest still the same at 9mm.. lining grew abit as well now 7.3mm and have to go back on Friday again

lynhope, Friday will be my 12th day of stim already.. so the most I can still stim till sunday and back to scan again on Monday rite?

Hi Sunbelle, I removed dermoid in 2010 and early this year had one blood cyst so injected 3 month lucrin to shrink or make it disappear but after injecting lucrin I happen to have 3 of 2cm blood cysts. So doc Matthew Lau from KKH suggested another IUI instead of IVF. For IVF he said must remove cyst. Am going for an opinion with Prof at NUH on Thu. Will find out for you.

Hi Pokoyo,

My adeno symptoms are as follow :

1) Super duper painful menses and heavy flow
2) bloated abdomen
3) have history of endometriosis

Mine resulted from endometriosis . A scanning via ultrasound by experienced gynae can tell. My uterus is like 8 weeks preggy doc said. Bulky due to adeno.

sunbelle , happy to hear of your success story. May i know how many cycles did you have before you conceive after your ivf?

ladylamb , I did not monitor my ovulation. But i did have very slight sticky CM during D20+ but its much lesser than my usual monthly CM. Yes, after the failed ivf cycle, my only wish is for my cycles to stabilise and ovulation to happen dutifully every month. I will not be trying ivf again.
This is my first time consulting a tcm, i never have any major health issues till now. Dr Zou knows i have 2 frozen embryos and she thinks i am seeing her to prepare for FET but my real intention is to conceive naturally. So i will see how it goes. Which tcm are you seeing now?

hopemiracle30 , don't give up on trying. Are you taking supplements now? Who knows with the supplements and conscientious bd, you might well succeed now.

Dream , thanks for the encouragement. If have good news, then i can look back at the failed ivf as a blessing in disguise.

Ladies , on the topic of working mothers, i tell myself if i cant conceive before i hit 35, i am going back to the workforce. Save money then on go ridiculously long and exotic vacations. haha.
Would also like to check your opinions here, actually i have a 9 yo already and i am trying for a #2. What do you ladies think of a too wide age gap between siblings?

Hi tingaling, yes, on folic acid and hub on multivit for quite a while lia.
started seeing Dr Zou last week, so I am also on TCM med plus acupuncture. Dr Zou encouraged us to continue trying naturally before IVF... I hope all these effort is worthwhile at the end of this journey.

My siblings are 6-7 yrs my senior. Nothing is wrong with that. I grew up with them well, and they took good care of me and started funding for my phonebill and some pocket money when i entered Uni. Older siblings render parents as well as their younger sibling more support. Also, I realise that compared to my peers, I am more mature in handling matters. But to be careful when you have your little one, not to neglect the older kid as they prob felt the difference cos they have been the only child for a long time.

Mei2, how u know u last stimulation is fri?? doc say?? once doc decided on when is your last stimulation, u will be inform on the trigger shot as well... and no more scan ardy, straight away ER le.

lynhope, the doc didn't says :p I assuming only.. coz Friday already the 12th day of stim.. and I saw the nurse wrote that I may have to come back on sat too (all depends on Friday's scan)

Astaris, Mei2, dreambear, bbblues, lynhope. Thanks for asking about my ER. My ER was done. Retrieved 41 follicles which 33 are with eggs. The rest are empty.

Just like my last fresh, this time I also have a bad cramp. However, not as bad as the last time. It could be the different triggle jabs that was used. This time I had 2 jabs - one left and one right.

The embrologist will contact me on Thursday to inform me about the fertilzation rate. Though the number of eggs are high but the quality is a question mark now.
kao_confused2.gif
Hopefully this time I have added in Saizen in my stim and it will improve the quality. Only God can help.

SSS, good job babe
happy.gif

nope, I didn't ask.. was quite disappointed with the sizes and didn't ask anything till I walk out to the pharmacy.. she did ask me any surgery done onot but nope.. nothing was done to my ovaries before leh..

abit dishearted now actually.. but on another side it did grow after the increase of puregon

mei2, for this case, do you still have to continue to jab the left side or just concentrate to jab the right size only?

It is a good sign that the follicles are growing. Be positive! Do some walking exercises so that you can increase the blood flow to the ovaries. Take also egg white, Immunocal, Ensure milk powder. Are you also taking any supplement?

SSS, I dun get wat u mean.. I alternately jab my tummy left or right everyday.. ya i'm happy at least they are growing.. where can I get Immunocal beside OG? I only taking folic acid now

Dreambear, after my last FET, my af did not come until 60days+. Horrible... Only then that I realised that I missed af so much....hahaha...

Then on the 50days+ I cannot tahan so saw the doc and found a big water cyst! Doc said that water cyst will go away. After that I did not follow up with anymore scan - save money.

I hope this time I will not get any of this because I want to do FET faster!

Dolly,hugz hugz..it is so heartbreaking to hear that...pls take care and stay strong..

Mei2, try putting a hot water to the injection area so that it can also help with blood and med circulation..i did that before and after the injection..

SSS: Wow! Steady! u will hav a lot of embies..dun worry..are u doing ICSI for all or half of them through conventional IVF?

he said most likely embryo problem...can't further grow n develop..We did hear hb week 6 & 7 but monday it just gone..today went scan again still can't find...

he is giving us a week to decide which day to dc or wait for miracle??

Mei2, do you mean there is still follicles on the left side though there is no grow? I though there is no follicles and so is there any need to jab that side...

Immunocal can be purchased from OG. Can also buy direct from the distributed for 2 boxes with free delievery.

Are you taking egg white?

Jialat, me started coughing n flu since mon nite. Taking the expectorant cough syrup from gp n taking the yellow tablet. Will it have any adverse effect on the egg growth?

af still not here yet.

Dollygal, I feel for you. *hugs* I don't know what to say to comfort you. Every step is a challenge and only those who has been through it will understand the heart brokenness. This ivf journey is not easy. There are so many factors to contribute a baby on our arm. It is not easy to know the truth. If crying can relieve you, cry. Talk to your dh and I believe he will be your shoulder to cry on.

Be brave girl!

energeticsnake, I also took the yellow table during my stim due to the cough. Doc said ok. But I am not sure about the expectorant cough mixture? Why do you take that? It will make you cough more!

Which stage are you now?

SSS, have follicles but not growing as they are the same size as Monday's scan.. ok noted thanks!
eh on and off takes egg whites but not many..

Dream, oh hot water! ok will do that tmr morning
happy.gif
thank you!

sunbelle
im awaiting to start my 3rd fresh, my last FET kena cancelled. Im not sure about FEt charges in KK leh maybe some other ladies could help? But i suppose it should be much lower than fresh cycle cos less of the expensive medications like puregon, pregynl etc.

sunstillshine
wah congrats on your good numbers! Did you feel specially bloated since you got so many? what did you eat this time round to get so many eggs? hehe have to get tips to get more too for my this round
happy.gif
TIA!

lynxsea
maybe get more naughty to upz the chances *wink*

dollygal
i also duno what to say, cry if you must and let it all out..we're here for you to pour out your grief

Hi Tingaling,

I m lucky to strike after my 1st failed fresh cycle, is a miracle to us.

Hi Dolly, fully can understand how you feel. My 1st baby hb stopped at week 7 . Can still feel the sadness when think about it. Wat is impt is to do a mini confinement after the D n C. Then go for TCM to build up health. I ordered two weeks of confinement food. Yeah dun despair. I gone thru twice n fully understand how sad n also the grief of loss. Follow your heart n stop attending full month party for a while. Your frens will understand .

Hi Chrisl,

Thank you for sharing . I called them up today but due to higher subsidy only a few hundreds now. I recall last year is around $800. Now they say $300-$400. yeah we should do it when grant is there ...

SSS: 100% ICSI is good....i made the mistake of leaving half to conventional ivf and in the end nothing fertilised..my results for icsi were much better...n based on that, doc concluded that prob there's a prob wiht natural fertilisation and that's y i fail iui and naturally...but still doesnt explain y my fresh fail...but u must really take more egg while n drink lotsa water & h20 and ginger water...there will definitely be bloatedness and aching as u walk/ get off from the bed for the first few days..

Mei2: not hot water...hot water bag but it mustnt be too hot hor...just warm will do...i was very kiasu...i did on both sides before and after injections...i think accupuncture will help too...n go for brisk walking..

Anyone going down to KK IVF huh? I need dr Sadhana to call me . Drop an email to her but not sure when she reply. Dr loh is very prompt in emails one last time

Chrisl, I felt bloated during the last few days of stim but after I incresed my dosage of Immunocal from 2 packs to 3 packs, I don't feel the bloatedness anymore. This time also ks. I took Ensure milk powder but only 3 scoops everyday. I took vit c, vit e and sometimes conceive well.

Sunstillshines, can share how much is per pack of immunical huh? U mention if order two packs can send to house huh?

Back