IVF/ICSI Support Group

fantasydm, my wedding anniversary is next week too.. but i'm officially married for 7yrs!!!and i'm ardy 37, so dun give up...
happy.gif

SSS, u r so cute.. eldershield.. hahaha... wah my mum at my age already close factory w 3 kids lor...

lynxsea, I have quit my job and concentrate to ttc for 4 years and still trying to manufacture one. It is a lot of sacrifices. Others don't understand and even my mother think I am sitting at home do nothing by calling me almost every day! And kept asking me why I am so busy while I dont have a job! angry!!

sunstillshines: you really sacrifice leh. so you not been wkg for 4 yrs?? I salute you.
Anyway, I also worry if quit & try but not successful then how?
sad.gif

Hi all, I didn't log in for long time and hopefuly able to embark FET in Jul.
Lynhope, we are ssame age and married for 7 yrs too!!hi5
Lynxsea & sss,i quit my job too to focus on bb project.

lynxsea, every time it is a dilemma to find a full time job. I have applied for a p/t job before. However, according to the agency, the interviewer went throught 50+ candidate and I am the most suitable. But because I told her I am ttc and she rejected me!! She was a pregnant lady! She can get pregnant and I cannot ah??

If I go for a full time job, how to manage the multiple scanning? Moreover, most of the apptmt is not of our choices, it depend whether the doc is around. Worse, if just start a new job, there will be stress. To do that I need to put aside the ttc plan.

lynx, sss, lynhope, bb blues, fantasy dm

Do u have any issue eg. cyst / fibroids / swimmers thats hindering conception?

Me 35 hubby 37 and we have both male and female factors hindering conception
sad.gif

sss. the purple card is the senior citizen card heehee

ya when my mom had me she aldy 36. now looking at her I find it very old le but I myself hasn't make any yet ...

SSS, I wanted very much to quit n concentrate on bb making project but whenever I resigned, I had a new job came knocking on my door with referral case. I can tell u I juz started work 8 days in my current new job n I'm embarking on the 2ww now. luckily my new boss is supportive orelse I think I will be stressed too especially all those check up that is not in our control on the schedule.

Sara, I had a cyst 6yrs ago n my dh had motily issue on his SA results too. but don't worry juz like most of us we went thru tcm to tio our body before embark on the ivf program.

My doctor just said nothing wrong with us. BUT why am I not preg???

sunstillshines: I am in a dilemma too. It is still a stigma despite govt effort to encourage more BBs. You might want to consider a public sector job.

Lynx actually is really depend on ur boss. I was once with healthcare one of the hospital but the boss was not encouraging thou on family planning.

Thanks ladies. We are all in the same boat. I have been married 6 years. Went for a lap in 2010 and till now no good news. On IUI day, found swimmers had morph issue. Still went ahead with IUI and failed. Now have cyst fibroid n adeno. Next week seeing Prof for second opinion. Hope this yr is the yr for us to bear fruits.

fantasydm: Yes all depending on the boss. But there are few layers. My boss may be ok but my mgr will do funny things. Probably not happy that I am away for 3 wks last year.
NO problem yet can't succeed at 1st try. While my other peers got problem with either one party yet succeed at 1st attempt.
Anyway, its unfair la.. I have colleague who did IVF in beginning of this year till now still not back yet. On unpaid leave but still get to keep her job.

sss, I salute u, I think I will go crazy if stay at home all time... but indeed to be stress free is best to be not working.. my previous job is too stressful and requires me to travel. After I change job, better situation, that's when I start iui and now ivf, luckily boss quite supportive, thus unless company close down, I not going to change job hahaha

hi, 'wave' affirmation... is this your first FET?? I going for my first FET soon, now on medication.
happy.gif

Sara, I had my fybriod and endometrosis removed in 2010 jan.

y gov dun give more help to private hosp... sigh.... we need to race w time leh, public hv q issue leh.... no need to give me grant, juz increase my cpf usuage lar, it's my $$ afterall

lynx don bother too much on ur 2nd level as long as ur immediate boss is okie. appraisal n grading is very subjective somebody that doesn't work hard can get promoted still. you can follow wat ur colleague did apply one year unpaid n concentrate on the ivf program as long as u think is worth it
happy.gif

lynhope, I ask the same qns too at LHL fb n guess what is his reply?? refered me to MOH.. faintz. should really think hard on 2016 election.. haha

fantasydm: that colleague didn't apply unpaid lo. She has strong backing okie. Anyway, think the only way to concentrate & w/o having to worry, I gotta follow SSS liao.

lynhope, nope is my 4th round
sad.gif
I had 2 fresh and FET before.i mc during 2 mths ago. Now my menses came 3 wks after d&c. So hpefuly body is recovering soon.Lets jia you!!
I wanted to return to work force too but judging the no. of visiting to hospital ..who would allow that for a new staff?!

Hope4bb, pat pat. Do what you think its best for you ya.

bbblues, I went to SGH for 2nd opinion already and made appt with prof wong in late June for 3rd opinion. Will confirm again after I see prof. From the rate I'm going, maybe will start cycle again in 6 mths time.

I still hv not think when I will stop, but at the same time, I'm looking into adoption le. Have signed up for compulsory talks for the adoption to cut short the waiting time. Anyway, my gynae also told me to start the adoption process cos it will help to take my mind off IVF.

surprisingly, quite a no. of you actually not working & concentrate on making bb.
happy.gif

Its not easy. But some people out there cannot understand.

lynx agreed especially those hv no issue to conceive. they will
think we are crazy coz we simply give up our career for bb making. but they never understand how tough is this journey. we need stress free environ n support from family, colleagues n friends but mostly r the dept colleagues who think we go absent and give them all the jobs.
I told myself if I really succeed in this ivf, I will do all sacrifice to protect my precious child till birth even if need to quit the job.

Bravo fantasydm! I turned down a recent promotion with a risk of no increament soon cos I'm hitting my current grade salary ceiling. I told my bosses, I can afford to earn lesser but I cant afford to stress myself more and waste more time as family planning is most important to me now. I told them straight that I may even take no pay leave if required. But in my heart I know I cant afford lah. LOL.

lynxsea&fantasydm, this project isn't easy hurdles after hurdles..Sometimes until I pai seh to tell close family fail again or they will ask when to try again...stress man. So this round I will keep mum from both side family. sian

affirmation: understand that. Cos sometimes they will ask how come people who do IVF have then why we fail
sad.gif

And somehow they think IVF is a guarantee will have. But there are so many factors!!

Lynhope, why will you go crazy if you stay at home? Actually, don't have a full time job does not mean sit at home to watch tv programmes. You will not have the time.

I have to sweep the floor, wipe the floor, wash the clothing, fold the clothings, wipe all the surfaces because of dust. Go supermarket to buy food to cook for lunch and dinner. need to wash dishes. go to gym. All these are enough to take up all your time. Add on, read the forum. hahaha... Why will you go crazy?

dreambear, I think you make the right choice for going concurrently as you already have adoption in mind. My dh does not give me a certain reply about adoption. He is someone who takes his own time to do things and rush at last min. This gives me a lot of stress. Even every morning I have to rush him to go to work!

fantasydm, you know what? After I stop having a full time job, then I realised that colleagues are just a chapter of my life. There is nothing common with them, except work. Even my ex-colleagues still ask me meet up once a while but they only gather among themselves and talk among those still working in the same industry. I really wonder what is the benefit to meet them...

lynxsea, a lot of people having full time job usually have the impression that those who does not have full time job only go for high tea with other tai tai, watch dvd, watch internet series... it is only true if I have a maid at home.

Now only dh is working, so we don't eat at restaurant. We only eat at hawker centre or coffee shop. I try to buy stocks and earn some money but up to date, the profit is not even a month of my last draw salary! hahaha... this is enough to take up all the time.

yup yup..they even thought I would had twins during my 1st round. of coz,they were showing concerns.
Dear sis, lets all jia you and not forgetting to enjoy our life. We need that for our hard work. "No goal is so important that I must forfeit my sanity & joy to achieve it. I choose to make time for happiness all along the way"

sss, these are exactly thigns im doing at home!! somethimes I told dh I busy so didn't do that or what..he will roll his eyeball..heheh

Affirmation, when my dh is on leave, he said he want to cook. When there is nothing much left for cooking, he will go supermarket to buy. While he cooks, I have to wash and hang the clothings. There are other clothings need to fold. Then he understand why I have no time.

Add on, I have take care of all the bills too!

Hi ladies.. Just need abit of advice. Going for ET tmr and went for accu today. Accupuncturist asked me to come tmr after ET for another session. Is that usual practice? Just thinking that the body is too fragile for a session so soon

SSS, I truly agreed colleagues are juz a chapter of our life n not to forget some even not part of the chapter.
I told my dh once I had settle my housing loan, I will downgrade myself to be a receptionist
happy.gif
everyday can knock off on time n year end don't hv to answer abt the kPIs. I don't want to be stressed after reaching 40yr old unless I have a child then bo bian.

for my in laws, I have let them know that I had tried all possible ways to give them a grandchild but if really don't hv oso nothing I can do. my dh ask me if I'm keen on adoption I told no. maybe I hv a different perception or I'm ready yet.

sunstillshines, i did not go through ET and my menses came about 2 weeks after er. however, that cycle was way shorter than my usual (28 instead of my usual 35-40). Now i am waiting for my 2rd menses after ivf to come but its nowhere in sight (today is D41 already!)

Tingaling, think we are quite similar...my cycle is usually ard 36 days and right after ivf, it came ard 28 days which is norm, i think, since we tune the ovulation to happen around D14..and then the 2nd cycle came only on the 51st day...so dun think too much abt it...it will definitely come..Dr Zou was initially asking whether to take some med to induce it but i thought not and jsut to let things go naturally..

i am now waiting for my 3rd cycle to come...so hopefully, is now back to norm...

Dream , yes, during the post ivf review, Dr also said 28 days is the norm. wow 51 days, looks like i still have to wait patiently for mine.

I am seeing Dr Zou too after ivf hoping to regulate and nurse my health back. I asked her if i should do anything about my delayed menses, she said to wait for it naturally. But the previous two rounds of medicine she gave was to "bu" my lining, i was wondering if "bu" until thick thick that's why still haven't shed. I hope the coming menses will not be heavy flow.
She also asked if we had intercourse after my ivf, saying some ppl manage to succeed after a failed cycle. Given me hope but then no itsy bitsy symptom of being pregnant hence not convinced to test on home pregnancy kit.

Hi tingaling,

I succeeded naturally after a failed cycle. yeah is possible. Now trying for second one ..

Sara, like you have adeyomosis , endo n the lastest one is blood cyst in the left. 5.5cm, gynae say better drain it before FET.

Ladies, have you all hrd of draining of blood cyst? mi now relying on TCM hoping it will go away by itself. Any related experience to share?

Btw, how do we prepare for FET? What is FET process ?

Sunbelle I have not heard of draining blood cyst. Is it via keyhole? Am going to see prof next week. Will ask solution for condition. Which doc r u seeing. N is this your first fet after fresh. How Many snowbabies u have.

Sara n sunbelle, u had andeyomosis? I tink I m having tis condition cos Gynae briefly mentioned b4. But din cnfm... May i knw wat symptoms do u hv?

Tingaling,
I also did not go through ET and my menses came after 28 days during that failed cycle. Today is my D15 on the following cycle, and there is no sight of ovulation sympthom yet. Which day was your ovuation for this cycke? Hopefully our cycle length will stabilize. Tomorrow I will check with my tcm...oh I was also with dr zou previously. Are you trying for ivf again soon?

Hi Sunbelle! Long time no hear hope you're well
happy.gif
How old is your bb now? I've not heard of blood cysts. For FET, if you ovulate naturally every month then doc most likely do a natural FET for you, pretty straight forward de, just test ovulation test near ovulation days and when positive go down and do ET. For medicated FET more likely for those difficult to ovulate or lining problem like me, hv to take progynova and then scan lining (for what i know some ladies did additional jabs but im not sure) and then on best day usually a few days later doc will schedule ET.

Prep for FET as per normal IVF. Supplements and LRD tea etc

Hi Sara, is also my first time hearing draining of cyst. Previously went thru a lap to get rid of two cysts. The cyst came back after 4 years. The draining is guided by an ultrasound procedure n with a fine long needle to drain out. The person will be under sedation.

I m seeing dr Sahana KKH. Yes my first FET. Only 2 left, which doc are you seeing now huh? Can you help ask your gynae whether is draining of the cyst safe huh?

Back