IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, any sisters here doing medicated FET under Dr Loh here ? Hw is the charges like ?

For those doing medicated FET under KKH, able to share on the cost and protocol ?

TIA !

Babysmurf, hw r u feeling? Need to rest more k n drink alot of water. Can try drinking H2O as recommended by d nurse. Excited for ur et on sat
happy.gif

Wondering y some ET on day 2 n some on D3 .. Does dr Loh always transfer mostly D2 embryos ?
Wat abt FET .. Usually transfer on wic day .. Can share w me Thks gals

Yap yap crawling to my bed. My v super pain n tummy bloated lol. Don't know y dr tan suddenly change my ET to sat. I still confirm with him during my last scan is D2. Now is d3. Hopefully D3 is better.

Ravene, the D2 or D3 or D5 et really depends on the embryo... and they have a set of protocol to follow for different clinic / hospital. All I can say is that if you have say 16 embryo and they all look good, then the embryologist will be interested to put your embryo to more days so that they will grow to blastocyst, which is believed to have a higher chance of implantation when transferred. If you have only like 8 or 9 embryo, the risk of waiting for them to be blastocyst is very high, as they might all not make it... so it's all different for all different cases.

Some doc believe that nothing beats the real environment for the embryo to grow, so they prefer D2 transfer... some feel differently... This is just my point of view.

Whatever it is, have faith in your doc that your doc and his team knows the best, and know what to do to maximise our chance of pregnancy. Have faith!

BBT24, if I'm not wrong, the briefing is usually done by govt hospital... since for private clinic, it is a 1-to-1 discussion on your case (I mean you discussed directly to your doc). For KKH, there is many ppl doing IVF, so they have a group briefing (4 or 5 couples). They even have an optional counselling session, which I find it useful. Still remember my counsellor told me, all you need to do is to do your best in all you can do. The outcome is beyond our control, and regardless the result, it is a job well done becos you have tried your best
happy.gif

From what my friend told me in Gleneagles, IVF and ICSI cost differently. Perhaps Dr Loh will charge same, this one I dun know... But in KKH, it cost the same... Govt hospital mah ;p

Govt hospital have $3K grant for Singaporean couple for 3 fresh IVF... Private do not have.

Perhaps you should go online and do a search on IVF.. it is good that you read before you meet up with Dr Loh, so that you can understand what he says...

Oh... I used to be under Dr Loh, but when he left to Thomson, I did not follow.... I dun think the pic look like him... haha...

Newcomers, please read this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&key=0Akn4rrFWhKUAdE51a1ZOc1RtQ21sR185Wm52a3daSmc&hl=en_US&f=true&noheader=true&gid=2

It contain lots of information
happy.gif

Cheers!

Babysmurf, rest well... how many eggs you have retrieved?

My feel is the later the embryo get transferred, the better the chances are... so be happy
happy.gif

Babysmurf, hope you are doing fine! Congrats on your ER and now all the very best on your ET on Saturday! Yes, from what I heard from my doctor, the later the transfer the better. Take care!

girls, got thing to ask about DHEA. i got email replied from KKIVF.

1st email:
Presently, we are using DHEA prior to IVF at KKIVF, in the context of research only. However, we will leave it to you to decide if you wish to consume it on your own.

then i ask if Dr.Sadhana can prescribe it to me so i can buy from KKH.

2nd email:
We regret to inform that you do not meet our research criteria to be prescribed with DHEA.

Then what? should i take or not?

Asiafrighter, thanks for having the same thinking of me. That is a korean drama actor! hahaha...

BBT24, so far I have not hear anyone freeze the eggs. I think (this is my logic) if the eggs are going to be frozen, need to thaw and during thawing may not survive...

I did my last ivf with another gynae (not Dr Loh). Dh and I can make the decision how many percentage we want to go for natural ivf and how many percentage we want for ICSI. We choose 30% natural and 70% by ICSI.

ICSI will be more costly because the embrologist have to look for the best sperm and inject it into the egg. Whereas natural ivf just let the sperm find its egg to go in. Wah! kkh so generious, ICSI don't have to pay extra?

sunstillshines, ICSI at KK also pay extra.

BBT, I heard that eggs are more fragile than embryos and chances of survival after thawing are much lower than embryos.

Babysmurf, take care! Maybe you want to try H2O to reduce the bloat or take Immunocal if you have it. After drinking it, you will feel the tummy like puncture.

3 more days you will meet your embroyos! Hooray! I also *shaking Pom Pom ball n bum* like i1BB. haha....

Luvnhope, why your ICSI need to pay extra? I thought it is a fixed package "IVF/ICSI" for KKH? Cos I dun see that I paid extra for ICSI... hmmm... in the bill they got mention?

serene, if i recall correctly, it's listed in the bill. Extra charges for ICSI.
Oh, did u have IVF? If not, then maybe they just listed the ICSI charges for u? Cos i see there's a difference b/n IVF n ICSI fees in my bill.

prosepina, i think u shld not take it. It will b better if it is prescribe to u by doc. D doc will knw ur condition better n tune u according to d program. Just my thots

Oh... mine was all icsi... ha... I din know there is different charge for this... I'll check my prev receipts later... thanks for correcting me, luvnhope...

So nice... 4 month liao... know boy or gal already? Or twins?
happy.gif

thanks Laki_gal, serene..checking again with Dr.Sadhana. if she say cant then i am not going to take..scare will worsen the situation..

Luv, congrats! one girl one boy..can close factory liao..

sunstillshines: where u got that pic? Haaa he looks funny leh.. don’t look like dr loh lah! No wonder I thot how come dr loh will pose like an actor! I called clinic since ytd also noone answer me! So I guess I just patiently wait for dr loh to reply. My spotting is sometimes lumpy… my cramps since monday morning till now, on and off. Till now also no mense, but now is only my day 25. then cramp so many days meh, just like before lap ah.. then I do lap for what? Haiz…..

bbt: there is actually a sperm binding test (HBA). Not sure if yr dh did before? I asked dr loh abt sperm binding and this is his reply: “sperm binding test is one of those sperm function test whose interpretation is difficult. If the hba percentage is low, it could be due to sperm problems or otherwise. If we believe the significance of the test, then ICsi is the best treatment.”
Btw, icsi is more ex than normal ivf cos there is an added procedure for them to inject the sperm into the egg (I know SGH charges $1k+ more). I read in newspaper that Singapore law doesn’t allow freezing of eggs unless special cases like the female has cancer etc…..

Celestine: good luck for yr BT!

Prosepina: do u have low amh? If yrs is normal than no need to take. Also DHEA is not for PCOS patients..

luv: u had a girl before this second boy? wow congrats!!!

bbt: actually i also find that dr loh likes to joke and laugh at his own joke. sometimes me and dh look at ea other. but i just laugh lor, as a form of courtesy, wait he paisey noone laugh at his joke! haha

Prosepina: any chance u can ask ur dr why? cos amh is better indicator than FSH when testing for ovarian reserve.. i know if fsh is outside normal, they will ask patient to take dhea.
actually how low amh is considered low huh??

lin, kk standard is below 1 considered low. so they will ask patient to take if amh low and high fsh? i also dont know..wait for her reply lo!

ya usu low amh and when fsh is high, outside normal range, higher fsh means nearing menopuase liao.. but i not sure abt hospital amh level grading cos my dr nv tell me!

but i know sometimes, when dr see yr previous ivf results, if the no of eggs u stimulated is v little, they will ask u take dhea. my dr asked my fren to take dhea, regardless of amh level. but i think her fsh also abit higher or maybe outside range.

i rem reading an article saying FSH:LH ratio is 1, the best lor

ya, that's the best ratio for FSH: LH. mine FSH is at the high side though still within normal range. Let's see what doc say lo..dont dare anyhow take also..

Luvnhope: Congrate. You got ur 好字.

Don't know is I getting old or is my change of protcol. My v is still painfully. Having a hard time to wee wee. Do I still continue my EW or I should change to my durians....

Sunstillshines received your pm thank you.

During my last scan, 16eggs n 5 matured. Pray hard hard hard. Don't feel so bloated Liao but my tummy is bloated out like 2nths preggy. Put 2kgs on short protcol.

Back