IVF/ICSI Support Group

Luv, ya agree with you! It's worth it.
happy.gif

joyfully, i am so you..haha..still enjoying life, go traveling, drinking, good food, massage. But i am willing to sacrifice for my babies
happy.gif

i guess doing some online business is good.. jia you! i'm malaysian, so if quit job, then will do IVF in Malaysia,living expense there not so high also..then can go back home ask my parents 包吃包住..haha

red - Angela is chef embryologist not doctor! but I kudos to the support level rendered to me during my 2ww! she even call me at 10pm to make sure I'm ok & assure me everything is in order

Angela is a v nice person. I went to see her for few times, but in the end I chose dr loh.
During the first consultation, she quoted me at least $16k for a fresh cycle. I was taken back as I don't earn a lot. I told her my money concern. She's willing to cap at a figure for me. So nice hor. But 3 visits to her cos me almost $1k for vitamins and scan. So I afraid that even aft bfp, still hv to spend lots of money on supports.
In the end, I still choose dr loh as I prefer him as the fertility gynae. And also TFC is slightly cheaper than CARE.

Hi Prosepina and joyfully, me too like to travel and massages and facial and enjoying life. I used to love 二人世界 alot.

Oic Prosepina, ya living standard is high in Singapore. I came over a blog that the woman quitted her job and wen to stay at her in law house at malaysia and then gotten pregnant naturally. She mentioned that she was carefree and hence gotten pregnant during her 2nd month stay. She did ivf but failed but manage to conceive naturally. So miracle do happen.

I totally agreed with u joyfully on your last post. Well said. Clap clap clap!

Joyfully, I m same situation with u.. But I fail June 'test'
sad.gif

Prosepina, joyfully, sade, me too!! Like to travel ,do facial , enjoy 二人世界!

Eskimobaby!! How r u ???
happy.gif

red- I'm from CARE & I'm going back to do my FET in Nov. Angela can prescribe med no prob on that.

sade - I spend 19K on my fresh cycle & this exclude the amount I spend after I BFP. But looking at my bundle of joy now, every single cent is money well spend!

$$ can earn back so long worth it. my gf lagi jialat, she spent $38k for fresh, $13k for medical FET and got nothing..i just think her doc overcharged.

wow winnie, 19k. like what i had said as long can afford it then can go CARE. They provide v good services even aft BFP.

hi red velvet, nothing is confirmed no matter how much the costs is. That's the risky part. If can spend that amt of money for a BFP then sure go lor. hehe.

prosepina, ya $$$ can be earn back but if low pay need to take v long to earn it back.
Where does ur gf do her ivf? 38k for fresh, that's the highest i ever hear of.

snoopy77, hehe r u born in year 1977?

hehe prosepina, sure spreading bb dust to u face to face. hehe.

snoopy me just bfp, now 2nd trimester. What's abt u?

Redvelvet, like what Winnepooh states in her post, Angela is the chief embryologist and Dr Paul is the one who does ER and ET for us. We may get to see him for scan before ER, but that also depends on his schedule as Angela also does scans for us.

Angela is the one who decides on the dosage for us. She is very experienced in this area. Read from the old thread that
there are gynaes who work with Angela, will call her for advice on dosage for complicated case. Think there is another experienced embryologist called Christine who does most of the lab work.

My bill was on the high side too, due to the growth hormone jabs, and high dosage of gonal f. Think I spend $28k for ivf,
and $30k plus for the after support. Very siong, but worth it!
happy.gif

But after week 6, I go to gynae instead, cos the charges are not as siong.

Sometimes, it's not just about the money spent at the fertility centre. We are already going through emotional turbulence for the cycle, so i would prefer someone who is more motherly and caring to give me a pat on my shoulder and reassurance that everything is gonna be ok. Angela has been very nice and caring, and she will hold my hand and tell me I am doing well whenever I for v scan as she knows my threshold of pain is very low. Angie and Ning are both very sweet too. But of course, being humans, they will have their bad days too.

All in all, I am very well taken care of for my whole ivf cycle with CARE. Cos my DH happens to be flying very frequent during that few months. Frankly, it really wasn't easy doing it alone.

Sade, i just fail June 'test'... Hav ectopic pregnancy..
sad.gif
now rest at home ...
Eskimobaby, thanks!!!
Joyfully, after support need 30k ??

Dear sisters, thanks for all the well wishes n words of encouragement. Although sometimes feel discouraged but I'll continue to fight on. Wishing all sisters here bfp ASAP
happy.gif

Hi all, sorry for the confusion as I didn't check what I have written before I post.

I meant the total cost for ivf and after bfp support is $30k plus.

Snoopy...i know of quite a few who mc but manged to conceive naturally very soon after that...dun be disheartened..

yo i1bb...how r u doing...thyroid condition better?

Hi sade

My 2nd cycle was during may and June failed. Suppose to have it in July but Tcm dr told me to do it in Aug in order to TiVo my body. As time is a issue for me so I actually can't wait for too long bf I do another cycle .

Sorry to ask, CARE is the clinic name or stand for something? Which dr do you recommend? I was thinking maybe shd go to dr that are good with my age? Do me $ is not a concern so long I can conceive my own bb.

Yo mc!! Today just saw dr Veronique for thyroid. Eh turns out I misinterpreted her. I don't have hypothyroid according to her. Turns out that I have very high thyroid peroxidase antibodies that's making my thyroid gland work extra hard to produce hormones n if it's left untreated, I'll b hypothyroid sooner or later. Today got good news, my tsh is now 1.95 and t4 is 15.3. Dr Veronique says its quite good n I have to continue my meds n come back c her three months later for review again. I am so stupid. Always can't understand what doctor says. Misinterpreted her. Hehe... Kuku me.

Haha enough about me. How r u dear?

Hi asiafrighter, Ya CARE is situated at 5th floor same bldg as TFC.
I don't know if they have success to deal with your age group. Maybe u wanna drop by and have a consultation with Angela. She's the chief embryologist.
I know that their success rate are high and acc to the sisters here, CAre patients are doing assisted hatching for most patients.

Don't think abt this first. U r going to succeed for ur upcoming cycle. Believe that Dr loh can do it for u. Have faith.

Luvnhope, actually I told Dr Loh that I want to do a lap... and I asked him back why he did not suggest me to do a lap. He said surgery has risk and he doesn't recommend surgery... Then he said that when I do a lap, I can see if there is any polpys inside that cannot be detected by the V scan. He explained about how the lap is going to be done. As for me, I am very determine to do the lap as I find there is a high probability that there must be something inside that prevent pregnancy for occuring.

Joyfully, yes, I believe I am a step nearer to success.

Snoopy, sorry to hear abt ur loss. Jiayou and come back stronger!

i1BB, good news abt ur thyroid condition then! Congrats!!
happy.gif

sunstillshines, all the best for your lapo!

Prosepina, dun give up! Jiayou!

Asiafrighter,
did Dr Loh discuss with you the possible failure and how can improve it?

I try to pm you but you don't accept... can you turn on your pm?

Sunstillshines

I believe u kwn how dr loh, man of few words. I have to ask him every time why my ivf failed. He always say is my egg quality (I'm doing ivf/icsi) . He even suggest maybe I can consider egg donor
sad.gif
, I did consider but that will be my 2nd last resort.

Back