IVF/ICSI Support Group

Jaded,
everyone different symptoms leh..some pple got spotting, some dont..some will get pre-AF symptoms , some totally no symptoms..

Heartbeat,
my previous FET, freeze from 4-cell, after thaw become 10 cells leh.. anything can be possible leh..

linda,
i wana ask u, how much dosage for ur Puregon for short protocol ?

Oh ya JoynFaith, they wont give the copy of observation sheet. I tried my luck to beg for it already, haha Nvm lah, just jot down the important details lor.

Sugary, ooh .. ok ok hopefully mine when thaw can double faster, hehe. Thanks for sharing.
happy.gif

Jaded
I don hav implantation bleeding, only experienced sone crampy feeling during implantation period

Sugary
I was on puregon 400 x 4days then 500 x6days, quite high dose actually

Hi ladies,

I am thinking of taking the immune jabs for Hep B & C since it's compulsory before we can start ivf. Anyone knows how long after the jabs can we start ivf? And for the immune jabs, shud I do it in kk or can I do it in polyclinic?

Gosh... start to get a bit boring today. Can't do household stuff and wonder what else to do. Also no mood to do anything. Aiyo... why suddenly the mood becomes like that.

Heartbeats, are you on puregon/gonal-f during your fresh cycle? What's your dosage? Did you follow the Dos and Don't during your fresh cycle? Did you eat TCM Med too other than acupuncture?

Jane, I met one African Dr once after my scan, wondering what's her name. She is very friendly and I felt comfortable talking to her during my proceeding to FET discussion.

JoynFaith, ya.. I know which African lady you are referring to. She is the one who briefs us after we have done the follicle scan. Not sure if she does the IVF operations.

Ching hep B u need to do a blood test within 6 months. Unless result show u got no immune that can take the jab. The jab is spread over a period of 6 month.

Personal comments actually no point take it now for hep B.

Mrs Ching, you might want to go for blood test to check whether you are non-reactive before going for immune jabs. Call the test centre (polyclinic is the cheapest) if can do blood test to check antibody for Hep A, B and C before going for immune jabs. I was tested that I've antibody for Hep B so don't require the jabs but I've taken the jabs more than 10 years back. I remember the 2nd Hep B jab will be one month later. Then last jab will be 6 months later from 2nd one. Check with your Dr whether can do IVF if you are going to do your immune jabs.

Hep A,B,C test necessary for ivf? Don't think so cos I was never asked by Dr for that kind of test.
Only rubella jab must have to be done 3 mths adv before we start the first cycle.

Little Joy, HepA, HepB, HepC and Rubella blood test are needed before IVF cycle start. Do you been if we have never taken rubella jab before, we need to do it? If got antibody, still need to do it?

Little Joy, unless your blood test for the above result is still valid within 6 months; otherwise you have to repeat the test again. I'm not sure about rebella blood test cos' I don't need to do it this round since I've tested it 2 years back and non-reactive.

Piglet & joynfaith,
Ya, I understand that the jab fof hep B will be spread in a period of 6mth. Thus I m worry that if it's a must to take, that will delay my ivf. Coz I heard some sis mentioned that it's a must to Chk for hep B & C in Singapore. What does that means? Sorry for all these stupid questions :p

My little joy,
Rubella? I remember that I had the jab during my school time, which was abt 12-15yrs back. Do I still need to re-take? U also with Kk?

Mrs Ching, yes, it's compulsory to do blood test for HepA, HepB, HepC and Rubella before IVF in Singapore. I think they will refer you to the necessary department to take necessary action if you're a carrier. Not sure if so can continue with IVF. I only know can for HepC carrier. These are not stupid questions, they are some queries. Just ask and see whoever who can answer to your question. Either way, you can also call the KKIVF Centre to enquire. If you need to do the jabs, your IVF procedure will be delayed as well.

Looking forward, tks for the info on self injection. Think have to be brave!!

i will be starting my 1st fresh cycle on Nov with KKIVF. Think my dr is Dr Marianne Hendricks. Not too sure as it is assigned by the nurse. Anyone w her?

Mrs Ching,
I just had my blood tests done last week at SGH so thot i'll share a bit here.
I took Hep A,B,C, HIV, Rubella and also blood count test, to check for Thalassemia. Rubella is to check if we're still immuned to it, chances are if we took the jab when we're young, we should still be immuned to it. If we need to take rubella jab, there's a 1 mth waiting period.
And HIV test has a 6 mths validity.

My menses should be due next week and i should start my 1st fresh cycle then.
happy.gif

Ganie16,
Thanks for the info.

I have called kkivf to check. The nurse told me that yes, I will have to take the bloodtest on Hep A, B, C, HIV and Rubella prior to start ivf. So, I think for the time being, I will just leave all this vaccin matters aside until the dr. orders these tests for me.

wow, didnt come in here for a few days and the thread is so busy now!
very sian though, counting down to next week. Today only Dpt 10.

Heartbeat, sorry to hear about the bfn.

linda, congrats on the bfp! I want ur bb dust too!

Siblinghopes, ya, I know how u feel too. Although already have one gal, but everybody will ask me when I have another one, dun wait too long etc if not gap too big... ya, i want to have but try bo mah, what to do? so will just try my best to get a sibling for her.

Hi ladies,

I have been a silent reader here for the past couple of months, being really grateful to read how so many sisters here are so supportive of each other, giving me some comfort too.

Today I went for BT and it was BFP with a reading of 394.3
smile.gif
Sooo... am here to spread some baby dusts.

My hubby n I have been TTC for the past 1.5yrs, 3mths ago we did an SO-IUI but didnt work out. We didnt wan to waste time to do another IUI so we opted to go straight for ICSI-IVF. I am with Dr Thong, Raffles Hospital.

I had my ER on 22sep and ET on 24sep. my doc only managed to get 9 eggs outta me, 6 fertilized and cos not many eggs, we had to transfer on day2. We only had 3 embryos to transfer tt day, the other 3 apparently wasnt good enuff to be frozen.

My 3 embryos tt were transferred were all grade 2, 2 were 4cells and 1 was 2cells(but looked like it was dividing soon). So I guess I am saying tt the grades really dun matter much. I told my embryos tt they shud not let others look down on them.
wink.gif

And what I did after ET...
I went to ntuc to buy some groceries but walked really slowly. For the 2ww, I didnt really do much, stayed at home mostly and did some light cooking n ironing.

On the day of ET, I also did acupuncture before n after the procedure (recommended by my doc, it was my first time actually). The TCM doc (actually she's not a doc but let's call her tt) said that my body was too 'cold' so she told me to drink longan n red date drink and also chicken soup. So I did that for the whole 2ww (everyday) without fail. Also had to wear proper shoes (no no to sandals) and I wore socks at home all the time cos she said must not let the heat escape.

Before the ER, I did not do any preparation, I was just anxious to get started. I was even vegetarian for a couple of months b4 my IVF. Maybe that accounted for the poor egg count n grade. I had to jab myself wif 525iu of gonal-f (the full amt in the pen) for the last week b4 the procedure cos my eggs werent growing as what my doc was expecting.

So that's the end of my somewhat lengthy story. Thanks for reading.

Lastly, I hope that all you ladies will get your wish n bundle of joy soon.
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif

Butter
Congrats! Raffles hospital's grading is same as KKH's ? Bcos some hosp may have grade 1 as the best grade, and grade5 being the worst. Anyhow u already bfp, I wish u a smooth journey ;)

Hi
Pierced: how are feeling. I still having my crampy feeling after my jab. I looking forward to my BT on Monday. Keeping finger crossed.

Butter: Congrates. Grabbing your baby dusts.

Hi all!
im 28, have been ttc for 2yrs already. Clomid doesnt work for me, tried 1st IUI but failed too. Now im on my 1st IVF long protocal under Dr SF Loh

Today is my 1st day of Lucrin jabs.

Butter, Congratulations! Wish you have a smooth pregnancy. Grabbing baby dusts from you.

Sugary and Jaded, the pulling went off yesterday but could feel something there. This morning, the pulling come in on and off. I realise somehow after the cyclogest insert, my body is not as heaty, so didn't take honey to cool my body system. But had soft tool 4X yesterday that was too many compare to normal days. Didn't eat much food too. Wondering was due to the red bean soup I took that trigger me to let go the food 2X after that. Do you feel sleepy in the afternoon since ET? Don't see any spotting after the one time. So weird. I also don't know what to expect. Sigh... still can't doze off fast but at least don't have disturb sleep since Thus night.

Sugary, I realise my BT date is one day later than yours, wonder why they arrange that way. Shouldn't it be 2 days later than yours? So weird.

Jaded, when is your BT?

Miracle_Happens, you are young. Do you experience vagina dryness when on clomid in the past? All the best in your current IVF protocol.

JoynFaith, i hope to conceive before i turn 30. I did experience vagina dryness, so i bought PreSeed from Guardian/Watsons. But i only used it during the "critical window".

Are u taking any supplements to improve egg quality and increase implantations?

piglet, so far no more crampy feeling. only the bloatedness still around. Ur BT is 2 days bef me. Counting down!

butter, congrats! I want ur bb dust too! wishing u a smooth and healthy pregnancy ahead.

Hi miracle, good luck for ur IVF protocol!

Miracle_Happens, same here on clomid in the past. You reminded of me in the past too. That's my ideal age to be mother but I've passed that long ago. Wish you can fulfill your wish.

I did not do anything before my fresh cycle. Due to mild OHSS, I took egg whites during 2ww. I drank EYS chicken essence sometimes too. I only went for acupuncture and take TCM Medicine to build up my body from my failed fresh cycle and in preparing for FET. I also start to take Conceive Well Gold and am continuing during my 2ww now. I start to take Brazil nuts on 2dpt (day 2 transfer) to help for implantation. Red bean for building lining so you can take 2X a week as advise from my TCM Dr. Can drink red dates with wolfberry for good blood circulation. I would also like to know things to eat to improve egg quality if to embark a fresh cycle in future.

Thank you so much for ur well wishes ladies.

Sugary, I m guessing that the grading is the same cos after ER my doc told me the egg quality werent good and yesterday after she told me the BT results she said something like - see, the egg grading doesnt really matter much.

Miracle
Selenium is available in brazil nuts. The other 2 I'm not so sure. Can try supplements at pharmacy? I think it's not late to eat those egg whites etc
happy.gif

Joy, BT can be day 17 or 18, depending which nurse allocate for u
happy.gif

Did my 2nd scan today. Biggest follicle only 16.5, 13.5. 13.5, 13, 9.5, 8 & 4. Total 7 follicles seem. But my lining only 5mm. Can anyone advise what can I do to improve my lining??

Dr Tan HH increase my puregon dosage to 400iu & will have to go back for 3rd scan on Monday.

Sugary, oic. 17 days are already a long waiting. Another 2 more weeks to go. The mood can swing... today in good mood. Yesterday the boring mood went off after the rain, thanks to the -ve ions created by the rain.

Miracle, you can buy Brazil Nuts from Pat's Oven at Vivocity at $4 per 100g. It's the cheapest. There are other places such as nuts counter at bigger Giant stall, Cold Storage or others that sell too but at a higher price. I saw one stall at basement of Causeway Point beside Woodlands MRT selling $5.20 per 100g. Selenium is available in other food too but at lower quantity. If you are getting folic acid, you can buy from Unity at $2.50 for 100 tablets.

Hi Miracle_happens

Are we consider buddy cycle? I am now on pills and Lucrin on 18th this month. I'm 28 yrs too. I just recently taking raspberry tea. You can get selenium at guardian/watsons. Mine is COQ10 with selenium. As for zinc, you can get anywhere or try to get conceive well which already has zinc. Immunocal, I found out from the sisters here can get from OG. No supplement is late to take. Start now rather than don't start. Oh ya, Royal Jelly too. Helps in our embryos. The blog sells. Good luck
happy.gif

Noy,
*Wave*, my lucrin start on 18/10.

Anybody have idea on why taking microgynon before Lucrin? I was prescribe and I know most sisters here start with Lucrin. Wonder why mine is different?

JoynFaith, y do we need to take eggwhites during 2ww? Btw cooked or halfcooked?

Ocean, we r IVF 1st cycle buddies..haha! I'm clueless to what supplements to take.. I only took folic. I just bought conceive well,I think better start taking them. Btw,wat's immunocal for??

hi piglet and heartbeat,
Hugzzz... Tiao urself well for at least 2mths before try again k... U still hv how many snowbabies? Lets continue to jiayou n never say die.. Go hv some good food and standup again... Give urself a pat on the shoulder that you hv already did a great job this time...

Hi Ocean, so now what should we do? Eat Royal Jelly & drink raspberry tea? What about egg white?

Anything other than red bean to help increase lining? My lining during last FET no good, nearly stop the process.

Hi ladies

My BT is on 13 Oct. I start to have spotting yesterday. Does that means that my AF is coming.

Any ladies can advise and share your experience ?

Hi piglet, hugz... u have tried ur best. Take care and try again!

chelchel, ur BT one day later than mine. Not too sure on spotting since it's my 1st time trying too. but may not mean AF coming though.

JoyFaith, thanks for your reply. I juz check with Dr Zou too, she also recommended red bean & red date. I juz went & had a bowl of red bean soup... Will boil again tomorrow. Hope my lining will improve on Mon scan.

I was wondering why Dr Tan HH didn't give me a higher doses of puregon when started but keep increasing now.

Back