IVF/ICSI Support Group

Vann: Though i m in KKH but not Dr Loh. I will c d doc next fri to discuss what's my next step.

Pink: thanks for d info. D TCM(Ban Choon Chan@MP)usually don give herbs during jabs, he said will disrupt the process. I was told to see him after 3 days fm ET. HE give herbs but juz mention is to help me but nvr mention is for embryo or me. Yr previous FET oso wen to Dr Zhou for accup?

Hi Gals...

I was wondering u gals go for TCM / accupt while in process in IVF. I was wondering is it too much for a body to handle the chinese and the jabs stuff. I am "tiaoing" my body now for my July IVF... after reading the forum awhile.. I feel abit lost here and there.

Nancy - I have been with the 2 Doc since in Clinic G. When I intend to do the IVF cycle, they suggest that I should try IUI first.

But my IUI was cancelled the very last min due to DH - low sperm count. So the 2 Doc advise us to try IVF cycle straight after that. I suppose they will be the one attending to me since I'm a subsided patient with NUH.

hi weaky..yes i went to dr.zou for accup before my last FET.tho i only went for a mth(once a week) but intensive(everyday) as the dates for ET grew nearer.after each and every sf/kkh visits i alwaz visit dr.zou to report my BT or U/S results..linings/follicles etc.then she will advise accordingly.

for sisters who takes mrt/bus.i usually take e free kkh shuttle fm bugis mrt bus stop to kkh.wen i go amk/dr.zou i will take e free shuttle again but tis time to novena then mrt to amk.itz a good 10mins walk to her clinic but i feel good coz i get to execise n free my mind..no rush n at my own pace..

Hi Gals,

Would like to get some advice from you. As I am going for IVF this July and I know there is this 2WW (2 weeks off), how u gals tell ur boss? Or tell him the truth? I dont intend to tell my lady boss as I am afraid she might spread to others.(Not that I feel embrass of me going IVF but I dont wa gossip around me). I was thinking whether I should tell them an excuse.

How you all tell your boss/bosses?

Hi fatefully. I told my boss frankly (as I've worked there for 8 years) about the IVF thing. Moreover, I am using the 2 weeks HL instead my own leave. If u dont wish to tell her, then u probably have to use your own leave for this 2 weeks. How about those time that u need to go KK for scan/bloodtest etc? U also need to take time off or leave right?

hi Weaky - is Ban Choon Chan oppposite the MP NCC? does the physician speak English coz my mandarin is hopeless. Went to EYS in Paragon but very expensive plus i live in east so looking for alternative tcm. not just for ivf, but also general "bu".

You dont need to bother about what other people said, or think or feel about you.

MOre importantly, it is about what you think, say, or feel about yourself. If you tell them the truth, you will have the benefit of HL, and not using your own leave.

Fatefully,

I told my boss straight even before I confirmed I am gg for IVF.

I don't care if she'll gossip about me coz if she does, it'll reflect worse on her. In fact, I personally told my office colleagues (not many, around 10 coz small dept) about me gg for IVF. So tt they will know and hopefully understand if I become temperamental in July when IVF starts.

For me, its nothing to hide! Coz infertility is very common nowadays....

Btw, when is your briefing date?

Hi Fatefully,

I dont think u need to discuss this with ur boss. U jst produce ur mc to her and say u cant come those days. If she insists u, u can always tell her that it is some gynic issue which u prefer not to discuss. When it comes to scan and all, u can either tk time off or a half day leave from ur existg leave balance. Even otherwise, if they guess it is for an iVF, let them. but why shd u mk it so obvious.

Hi Fatefully,

I didn't tell. My boss kids are all via ivf so our office is quite open about it. For me, i started ivf knowing may need 2-3 rounds before success so i just didn't want everyone to keep on asking how it is going (esp if bpn), what is procedure like, and adding unwanted pressure as most people don't know what we are going through. However, i just transferred to this team this year so not close to colleagues. I told my previous boss though eventho' nothing to do with ex-boss anymore . I think if i started ivf under my old team, I would have told.

This 2ww, I am on HL (am lucky office doesn't ask) and previous cycle ET was close to CNY so office closed. i just use women problem reason.

In the end, i think depends the type of boss and colleagues you are working with & how comfortable you are with them. What you want to avoid is boss or colleagues going berzerk and make u finish all your portion of work before u go on 2ww (add more stress!)
happy.gif

Pinkcapri: sorry to learn abt your experience.. I'm glad at least now u are at a place that u feel comfortable at and that's what's most impt

hi fatefully..u r v lucky,boss lady..half the battle won coz generally man boss dun hv any clue wat is ivf n worse e journey u'll b going thro unless he had experience dealing w ivf before..directly or indirectly.

as for me..i informed my boss..lady too.wat surprised me further was she herslf went thro ivf n was successful only after 4th try.can u imagine my joy and relieved knowin i was not alone n she has been a great support coz whenever i needed urgent leave or half day off..it certainly took some stress off the whole procedure as no questions asked!

and yes..u'll b surprised how common infertility n age does not matter.my colleague only 26 but DH prob..so on ivf.wen u open up u'll b surprised u mite even hv colleagues who may hv embarked on tis journey,currently on tis journey or wishin to go thro tis journey..

but ultimately the decision is yours to make...whether u wan to disclose or not.as for me i chose to disclose to a few selected ppl whom i can trust only for i feel i needed more support other than my DH.

Me too... I agree it is not necessary to tell your boss...I didn't. I depends what kind of boss u have too...for me it's not about being ashamed abt doing Ivf or whatsoever...I just don't have a kind boss. Period.

Hi,

Before IVF, I went for a few check ups including blood test, even Lapao surgery I also tell my direct boss(male) that I am trying for a bb so need to go surgery.

I have another "so-call" boss which is not really my boss... but we go on leave or mc hv to let her know too.

Last round I went for a Lapo surgery I oni went for 3 days HL where doc give me 21 day HL. Went I come bk some of them ask me whether I am preggie which make me feel stress up. I did told my male boss the real reason why i go on HL but I did tell him nt to tell my head sec (so-call boss) where i go...

I also know that IVF might takes few rounds to grt BFP so the more reason why I should tell those ladies in my office if not more gossip will be passing around... but I did mention/hint to some of my close colleagues.

Hi May, my briefing is in June 23 @ KKIVF.

My true thoughts abt s f loh....a gifted doctor with great skills...but a very busy doctor with alot of patients...he is straight forward and not someone who would 'manja' you under any circumstance.

vann..thnx!once i'v accepted wat had happened i was even more determined to achieving my goal coz wat is done cannot b undone..i told myslf i'v done my best but it was not meant to be.

and yes am more relaxed and comfortable now as i know wat to expect in tis ivf process,now armed w experience n knowledge...am looking forward and am very excited for my Apr FET
happy.gif

Pinkcapri: Reading about your experiences and seeing how strong you are have motivated me not to give up...it is my first Ivf and it failed. I am 29 years old so all of them were telling me sure bfp and s f loh even said I would be pregnant with twins in march..so I was devastated when it didn't happen...but I will not give up. Tks for sharing your experiences.

Hi Ron, Ban Choon Chan is opp Marine Parade Polyclinic. I'm not sure where is NCC. Open fm 8.30am to 3pm (Mon-Sat, 8.30am-11.30am on Sun, Closed on Tues. Usually i go wkdays morning b4 11am cos sometimes they closed early if no patients. Yes, he does speak english(well-english) cos sometimes got ang mo go there to see him. Avoid wkends cos long q. His herbs has to boil yrself, can u accept it?

hi van..it great tat u know wat u wan and your next course of action if it doesnt go the way u wanted.trust your inner instinct and all the best in your journey..jiayou!

During my stimulation stage...ms Africa suddenly told me that s f loh has to go for a conference and will not be able to do the ER...I cried. I first saw him last November and he told me to start in feb menses cause he will be away in early feb so I adjusted everything to his schedule and I was very shocked when suddenly he told me he couldn't do the ER.

I am a private patient and I chose kkh because of s f loh and was disappointed when he didn't do the ER for me...on the other hand I know he is a very busy doctor. I asked him this time round will he be around for my FET in May just in case. I will give him another chance.

van..seriously i din knw how i survived my ivf/FET so far.it was a roller-coaster of emotions esp wen we did FET last oct'2010.

i did natural FET as recommended by sf.after bfp,i had high hopes for twins coz readings were v high tho i transfered 3 grade4 embbies.wen i was scheduled for my 1st scan..sf said got sac but no yolk(foetus)...n only 1 embbie survived..my heart dropped.i told him i wan anoth scan next week.following week came,scan showed sac w foetus n a strong heartbeat.(i went to my own gynae coz sf was on emergency leave tat day).so w postive vibes i went to see sf the very next day..can u imagine our joy turned to nightmare wen he said "no heartbeat!miscarriaged!wen u wan to do DnC?"how could tat be??we had a strong heartbeat just yest!

yes..there's no denying he's a very skilled doctor but sometimes the human touch..being warmth,compassionate,empathy is wat makes a great doctor..

Hi vann n werky
Hugz... Dun give up n must be positive for ur fet.. U will bfp one day...

Hi moo n jt
Thk u.. So shock that can do er et soon.. I really hope the rest smaller one can chase up soon..;)

Me now at doc zou place, anyone else?

Clb.. Where r u?

Pinkcapri: I totally agree with u. He also told me any doctor can do the job when I spoke to him abt why he didn't inform me abt his conference. Somehow I have this deep feeling that I will bfp under him...dunno why...

Hello, finali managed to speak to someone @ kkivf..
The nurse said mine is long protocol without ocp.. So do nothing til D21.. Is tis the case? I m sorry for tis silly qn, as it's my 1st time..

Hi pink
Hugz to ur bad experience.. I know how u feel as i mc twice when bfp via soiui too.. Frankly, i am very afraid n got phobia when go for any scan via virginal..;( since u saw bb with heartbeat at ur pte clinic then when doc loh say no heartbeat.. Did u seek 2nd opinion? Wht happen next? Really sadz abt wht happen to u..;(

Pinkcapri: hugzz..I feel so sad after reading abt your babies...I'm sure s f loh could be more tactful too...don't worry u r at a good place now and I'm sure one day u will be blessed with a special baby!

I see that even when u get preggie thru ivf also cannot be too happy... It so emotion. U go thru the pain and time and when u bfp, it somehow disappear. Why?

hi jo..yes we drove straight back to my own gynae..even the nurses there puzzled coz everyth looked great the day before.the nurses were fantastic..they urshered me in immediately eventho ther's other patients b4 me.both doc n nurse were oso shocked at the reversed result.they redo e scan and din even charge me for a single cent!there's just long silence u can actually hear a pin drop wen he tried scanning fm various angles.my gynae took 15mins to try explain wat could hv been but u can sense he oso felt my pain n was sori he had to confirm the bad news to my hubby n i.it was a long drive home tat afternoon..

Hi Pink, U wen to CARE and discuss with them yr problem b4 informing KKH? Do u need to pay any trf fee yr embbies to CARE? U will used 3 embbies in Apr FET, what abt the rest? they will be trf to CARE for them to store as well?

dear fatefully...my DH n i oso wondered "Why Us"..not once but many times but there's just no answer.i'm still trying to come to terms w my lost n i do shed tears wenever i mourn for my lost bb and wat could hv been.

i knw He has other plans for me..all i need to do is b patient and hv faith in myslf i will do wat i need to do within my capabilities..the rest is up to Him..support fm close frens n family is paramount.

hopefully by sharing my side of the story i'll inspire others and give me the strength to keep on trying..

pinkcapri: Thanks for sharing your story. I have learnt so much from your experience. Truely u have inspired me to press on. One of the things that I learnt through this IVF is...I can live without having a baby but not without my DH. For me personally this IVF brought me and my hubby even closer than ever. Press on k!

hi weaky..yes after my final review w ms.africa DH n i decided to select a date n made appmt w Care.we consulted Angela on various options tat are avail n her recommendations,oso to understand was their protocols.we immediately signed consent forms,medisave form n had our i/c photocopied.paid a nomimal fee for angela's fees by cash n paid buserelin jabs using medisave.after tat we called kkh n informed them tat we wish to transfer out our remaining 6embbies so they can hv our records/case notes prepared.sarah attended to us n DH and i signed anoth set of consent forms.we oso need to pay a fee.we then called Care again n provide them kkh forms so Care can make arrgmnt for the transfer.

in apr wen i do my ET w Care i will transfer 3embbies.the remainin 3embbies will b stored w Care as they hv storage facilities w a fee as per kkh oso.(kkh cannot do partial transfer.)

vann..yes i truely agree w wat u said.tatz y watever decision made was a joint decision by both DH n i.he shared my joy and cried w me wen it failed.i was very blessed to hv him by my side..i cannot imagine how some sisters here who may b going thro tis ivf alone(hubby based overseas etc).they are the braver ones and need to be commended..

Hi Pink,

I am touched and inspired by you too. Please continue to "jia you". I was quite sad that only one ovary of me is working only and produced not many follicles. But I will not give up too. Now what I hope is that the few potential one can be fertilised and BFP.

Hi Weaky, "Hugz". Jia You and don give up.

We all BFP together.

Hi J03, I went Dr Zou there this afternoon too. She shared with me your good news too and ask me not to lose hope yet. Good luck to your ER soon.
happy.gif

Hi Vann, hope SF Loh will let you BFP in your may cycle, good luck!

Hi sisters, actually how important is the grading of fertilised eggs? And what size of eggs usually can be fertilised? Thanks!

I always tell myself...I am happily married...Having a baby will make me happier...but not having one will not make me sadder.

hi jo3..din realise u mc 2x so sori to hear tat...u must b even stronger than me! wow..i salute u..

i intend to visit dr.zou wen my schedule permits probly next week..

MeloDi: Grading of the fertilised eggs are not important at all. Even with grade 4 some nvr bfp and some with grade 1 bfp. No influence to the outcome at all.

Hi melodi
Doc zou share with u my news?? How u know she is refering abt me? Wht did she say?? Good news ma?? Lining so thick..;( yes, u r right.. As long as u dun give up n hv faith, u will sure bfp soon since all u need is only 1follicle ya..;)

Hi pink
Yes.. Very sad.. Happy and cry but end up cry due to short hapiness.. Sometime if the embroye no good, i will rather bfn than go thru mc... So for those who recent bfn.. Tell urself that it is better than mc and hv to go thru the pain of dnc.. Infact, i hv serious forbe for all virginal scan.. Can get cold feet and very scare...;( i rest for one yr as hope to concieve natural which i believe mc rate will be lower but sad that no result so hv to do ivf in the end.. So now even if bfp, i wont be n wont dare to be too happy.. Will be very happy only after i cross the first trimester...;)

vann..u r oso commendable and a truly remarkable person.u hv such positivity and very strong-willed..
happy.gif

tons of bbdust to all sisters here...BFP to all!

melodi..dun wori too much on the gradin..wat vann said is very true..

Back