IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

Salam all~ i did my first scan to check on the follicles after 8 days of jabbing.. Alhamdulillah it looks good.. the biggest follicle was 18 followed by 16.5, a few 15s, 13s, 10s and alot more smaller ones..

Triple lining at 7mm i think.

Was asked to do another shot of Gonal F just now and to come back tmr. If all goes well, i will do the trigger shot tmr and ET on Thursday or Friday.

Pray that all goes well for me, insya'Allah Amin!

That’s good! May Allah ease your affairs. I had two large follicles about 18mm and 16mm but tak lekat that month. It has been 6 mths since.. InsyaAllah good news coming your way..

Salam all~ i did my first scan to check on the follicles after 8 days of jabbing.. Alhamdulillah it looks good.. the biggest follicle was 18 followed by 16.5, a few 15s, 13s, 10s and alot more smaller ones..

Triple lining at 7mm i think.

Was asked to do another shot of Gonal F just now and to come back tmr. If all goes well, i will do the trigger shot tmr and ET on Thursday or Friday.

Pray that all goes well for me, insya'Allah Amin!
Wah. Lucky you, for a relatively short period of stim. I injected for 13 days. I was so worn out and resigned that I might have to go for FET. But alhamdulillah managed to do fresh transfer. Remember to stay hydrated and up your protein intake after ER. May Allah ease your journey, dear.. :)

Hi all.. i just did embryo transfer.. retrieved 6 eggs on Thursday 27/8.. today the embryologist told me that all 6 made it to embryo stage..

So now i have 2 "super nice and super good" day 5 blastocyst, 2 good blastocyst and another 2 more in blastocyst stage but they are monitoring all 4 for freezing.

Did only 1 "super nice" blastocyst transfer while the other one will be frozen straight away.

So now i am in my 2ww.. all the best to the others and to myself!!

Hi all.. i just did embryo transfer.. retrieved 6 eggs on Thursday 27/8.. today the embryologist told me that all 6 made it to embryo stage..

So now i have 2 "super nice and super good" day 5 blastocyst, 2 good blastocyst and another 2 more in blastocyst stage but they are monitoring all 4 for freezing.

Did only 1 "super nice" blastocyst transfer while the other one will be frozen straight away.

sounds like a good transfer!!! all the bestttttt

All da best sis!

salam and hello all. just found this thread :) I am currently on my 2ww, just did my fresh embryo transfer yesterday morning. This is my first time and reading this thread helps me a lot.

Salams sisters,

I'm 30 and my husband and I have not been trying for too long. But he just went for a semen analysis and found that he has asthenoteratozoospermia. We've scheduled an appointment with Dr Sadhana but I'm worried if she might ask us to start on IUI first before IVF. Does anyone know if we have the option to choose to go straight to IVF? Because I work shifts scheduling would also be hard for me and we're hoping to get started in November or December. Cause these are the periods where I do not need to chase anyone to cover my shifts.

Salams sisters,

I'm 30 and my husband and I have not been trying for too long. But he just went for a semen analysis and found that he has asthenoteratozoospermia. We've scheduled an appointment with Dr Sadhana but I'm worried if she might ask us to start on IUI first before IVF. Does anyone know if we have the option to choose to go straight to IVF? Because I work shifts scheduling would also be hard for me and we're hoping to get started in November or December. Cause these are the periods where I do not need to chase anyone to cover my shifts.

Salam sis,

Im having same issues as you too, the doc suggect us to try IUI first but i told the doc that i want to do IVF as IVF has more chances for male factor. Just did my first IVF in July at NUH. Just tell them that you want to do IVF straight.

Salam sis,

Im having same issues as you too, the doc suggect us to try IUI first but i told the doc that i want to do IVF as IVF has more chances for male factor. Just did my first IVF in July at NUH. Just tell them that you want to do IVF straight.

Thank you sis, this really helps. I've been wrecking my brain over this because it looks like my side is okay but in my case it is the male factor. I'm hoping the doctor does not force us to do IUI and our choice to do IVF will be respected. May I know which doctor you went with in NUH? Is it doctor Anupriya?

Thank you sis, this really helps. I've been wrecking my brain over this because it looks like my side is okay but in my case it is the male factor. I'm hoping the doctor does not force us to do IUI and our choice to do IVF will be respected. May I know which doctor you went with in NUH? Is it doctor Anupriya?

Im with doc Shakina Rauff, she's very nice.

BFP REPORTING~~ hcg 1830.. pray that i will have a smooth 9 months from now onwards.. baby dust to all!
Congratulations! wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy. My BT will be in a week. Trying my best to stay calm and positive for the past week. But I need to ask. Were there any significant symptoms during your TWW? And what did you do to cope. Hahah I have a week more and my mood fluctuates it’s so annoying

Last edited:
Congratulations! wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy. My BT will be in a week. Trying my best to stay calm and positive for the past week. But I need to ask. Were there any significant symptoms during your TWW? And what did you do to cope. Hahah I have a week more and my mood fluctuates it’s so annoying

Thanks! Mine was a 5 day hatching blastocyst. On the 3rd, 4th and 5th day i felt sharp poking sensation in my uterus.. the kinds that made me yelp out in shock and sudden pain.. Pulling sensation was on and off during those 3 days. Stuffy nose and sneezing too but i don't know if those were symptoms. Sore boobs and nausea i attributed them to the crinone inserts and did not think so much about them being symptoms.. i will always make myself believe that the symptoms were actually the progesterone side effects cos it is really hard to differentiate..

The whole 14 days after ET i really just became a couch potato watching comedies and dramas. I did not test prior to my BT cos i didn't want to be disappointed. Lol..

Just enjoy the moment.. :)

Salam all! Got my BFP last night, alhamdulillah! Tried natural.. I am looking for advices on the thgs I should do after I know the news! Like which gynae is goood that u would recommend? I’m looking for private hospital Doctors... First time pregnancy here..

Salam all! Got my BFP last night, alhamdulillah! Tried natural.. I am looking for advices on the thgs I should do after I know the news! Like which gynae is goood that u would recommend? I’m looking for private hospital Doctors... First time pregnancy here..
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am with Dr Aziz and his clinic is at Kembangan and he is practising at Parkway East. So far veryyy veryyy good with him!

Salam ladies! Wondering if there is any IVF Whatsapp group for Muslimahs specifically? Might be super helpful in this super stressful journey. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am with Dr Aziz and his clinic is at Kembangan and he is practising at Parkway East. So far veryyy veryyy good with him!
Thanks for sharing babe! I am going with Dr Lubna, at parkway east too. Dr Aziz earliest appointment will be next Tuesday.. a bit too long for me. My appointment is scheduled this Thursday! Anxious for the first appointment. Roughly what test/meds u have to take on ur first appointment with dr Aziz?

Thanks for sharing babe! I am going with Dr Lubna, at parkway east too. Dr Aziz earliest appointment will be next Tuesday.. a bit too long for me. My appointment is scheduled this Thursday! Anxious for the first appointment. Roughly what test/meds u have to take on ur first appointment with dr Aziz?
for first time dating scan, they will check if baby is indeed inside the womb, check for bladder and also the placenta and if baby is in good mood you will be able to hear the heartbeat!

but the baby looks like a weird prawn for this period hahahaha. for first two months, mostly on folic acid and also duphastone to conceal the cramping pains as your body is stretching to accommodate to the baby!

all the best for the journey. once you reach 12 weeks onwards that where you need to do more test and also inform the rest of the world if you want

for first time dating scan, they will check if baby is indeed inside the womb, check for bladder and also the placenta and if baby is in good mood you will be able to hear the heartbeat!

but the baby looks like a weird prawn for this period hahahaha. for first two months, mostly on folic acid and also duphastone to conceal the cramping pains as your body is stretching to accommodate to the baby!

all the best for the journey. once you reach 12 weeks onwards that where you need to do more test and also inform the rest of the world if you want
How far along are h already? Thank u so much for sharing the detail information above ❤️ Tkcr sis! From the app, I am about 7 weeks 2 days.. hopefully can see the prawn soon! Haha

How far along are h already? Thank u so much for sharing the detail information above ❤ Tkcr sis! From the app, I am about 7 weeks 2 days.. hopefully can see the prawn soon! Haha
Close to 11 weeks soon! alhamdulillah first trimester was a breeze with no morning sickness for me! how are you doing so far?

Close to 11 weeks soon! alhamdulillah first trimester was a breeze with no morning sickness for me! how are you doing so far?
I am 7 weeks 4 days, it has been 4 days since my BFP and I have headache all day Long for two days now. It’s too painful. The sight of food make me not eat thought wow alhamdulillah that’s good for u, May it be well!

Assalamualaikum sisters. An update from me. I had my ER done on 20th july, ET on 25th July and my 2ww ended today. I went for my Beta this morning and alhamdulillah the nurse called to tell me that I am pregnant. I will be heading back to KKH later for some additional medication. A long journey it has been from my first appt at KKH in Sep 2017 and alhamdulillah the beginning of a new phase. It is early days I know, I seek your prayers that I will go through this pregnancy with ease and I pray that all of you will get that BFP you're all waiting for insyaaAllah. Babydust to all!
Hi, congratulations on your pregnancy. Did you do IVF? How many cycles if yes?

Hi Sue-ann,

I'm with Dr Yu Su Ling at Care (SGH)...same as Riz...Tmrw i got the IVF counselling so hopefully, my worries will be answered.

Btw, my mum is against doing IVF at this stage so she suggested i go for homeopathy..(Bio Homeopathy Concept) in Jurong. Prob, to satisfy her, i'll also do that tmrw evening..

My case of blocked fallopian tube is against this makcik(nenek actually-aged 90), a very experienced nenek urut as she said it could do a further blockage..

Hi Irah,

I just went to Bio Homeopathy Concept yesterday. I understand you went there in 2011, so how was it? I tried looking for review, but there's no review at all. Doctor was nice but to my shocking, he actually knows what's happening in our body just by reading at our names, I guess.. There were totally accurate.

Can I know, how was your experience with him? Did you consult him again after first visit? I did IVF last year but failed and now looking for alternative.

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

All my sisters here..

My name is Masya. Currently, i have a whatsapp grp chat with other ladies who are going through IVF. If you want to join the chat group, you may PM me your name and hp number. :)

Hi Masya,

Is this the malay ladies group chat? Im looking for one for me to join..

Can you add me..

Back