IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

Salam all..been away so cant reply..

Tintedhopes: yup bought the blackmores conceive gold at $46 jz like wat u said..bought at guardian tamp mall..hmm must eat 2 capsules everyday..1 is pink n the other is brown..
I am feeling the swelling of my ovaries nw aft the puregon jab so make me a bit uncomfortable at work..and comsuming egg whites too..

Nadia: i saw immunocal at gnc white sands but dunno whether is it the same as what u had mentioned? When u starting ur FET?

Rashal: salam... U can see the Immunocal packaging from the website i gave u... Not sure whether the same or not.. The packaging is in white n blue... Ur ovaries is werking hard for ur eggs.. Up ur water n protein intake... Ur 1st scan is this sat or next mon is it?

Nadia: yup me consuming as much water as i can..abt 500ml at work..and more at hm..sumhow the swelling of my ovaries is pressing my bladder so when i go pee, its like a bucketful of water..and if i ctrl my pee,my abdomen hurts even more..my scan is this sat at 8am..and i m also doin lucrin n puregon together at nite altho some may say itz a bit too much..and rite nw i m not practising safe sex so hope itz ok coz the nurse told me i can proceed with normal routine..sorry
type too long..u goin to do D5 or AH?

Rashal: try not hold ur bladder too long.. Not comfortable either at this stage... Best of luck on ur scan.. Most likely ur ET shld be next wk...;-)... I hv yet to see my dr .. Will get her advice.. Most likely will do D5 transfer... Cant wait for my appt next week n menses to come..:)... Yup can continue with normal routine.. Just remember to ask ur hubbie to clear his old soldier abt 3 days before ET..

Salam to all the ladies here, currently I'm in 2WW stage (Art Thaw). Just transferred 2 embryos last Tues. Blood test on D19 (5th feb). I did my first IVF in Jan 2007, Alhamdullilah, went smoothly.... now my daughter is turning 4 tis Sept. Did in KKIVF with Dr. Sadhana.

Salam fazilah..glad ur IVF was a success in 2007 and nw u r in 2ww..hopefully u BFP insya' Allah..i am in lucrin+puregon stage while sister nadia is in FET..she is also wit dr sadhana while i m with dr loh..

Nadia: heehee..thx for the tips nadia..am sure will ask hubby to do juz tt..hope ur menses will come soon okie so u can start the process..cant wait to hear ur updates = )

Salam all..

I was on mc the past two days and resting at home. I keep falling sick nowadays, dunno if my body will be ready for this process. =(

Hi fazilah,
so happy to hear abt ur successful ivf. Hope its a success again! keep us updated!

Tintedhopes: nt to worry, make sure u hv a balanced diet and up ur vitamin intake..also hv u bought the blackmores conceive well gold? And folic acid? Mayb it will help..alhamdulillah so far i hv nt fallen sick..hopefully by 27 when u sign the papers ur body will b ready insya' Allah

Faz: juz wana ask whether u had any diet tt u stick to when u r in early stages tt led u to bfp for ur 1st ivf?

Rashal,

No specific diet or take any supplement taken during my 1st IVF but hubby only refrain me from drinking cold water....

Yes faz, share with us ur experience!
happy.gif

I did 2 IUIs before IVF, im PCOS & hypertension. I did not put high hopes on IVF because of my 2 failed IUIs but Alhamdullilah my pregnancy journey is smooth, no nausea etc.

The lucrin/puregon jab is nothing but the painful part is after the transfer, need to jab at the buttock for 17 days.... sakit!! Only God knows... :}

I always remember this, "kita hanya boleh doa, ikthiar & tawakal, the rest is up to Allah..... Insya'Allah :}

Faz: 17 days of jabbing..wow..did u do it at kk or at clinic? Some prefer to jab on the thighs..dunno which is less painful..i believe the jab is painful due to needle or is it the medicine? I did iui once at TFC but failed so dr advise me to go for ivf n nt to wait..here i am joining u all through this journey..the rest is up to Allah swt..

Nw at kkh waiting to do scan n see dr..and quite hungry too!

rashal: i did it at clinic cos only doctors can do the jab as the medicine is oil base not like lucrin. I think buttock not so bad as at thigh...

Doc told me i got 5 eggs..

LT: 12,7,6,6
RT: 6

Dr will increase puregon to 250iu n ask to come back on mon..hope my eggs will b better on mon..

Rashal, i did it at nite after work. I ask hubby to "tuam" the injection area....

Insya'Allah your egg will increase more....

Salam to all, after hearing all this, I hope you guys understand the importance of a really good supplement. I've done my research and plus my years of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry, getting the right supplement makes a whole lot of difference. ANother thing that I would like to add is that if you are obese, you got to lose weight the right way. I'm a weight management consultant and I use a program called The Right Approach to help a person lose fats and antiage in 3 mths. You can ask me for advice if needed! Health is our utmost importance.

Hi all,

my company sending me for flu jab tomorrow. Is it ok for me to go for the jab when im due to start ivf soon? any idea?

elo Sistas...

Hi Faz...hope u succeed on ur 2nd round..;-) ..me too going for Feb FET....

Tintedhope..I did go for flu jab during my IVF..just before starting my OCP...it should not be a problem..

Rashal: r u here?

tintedhopes...not to worry...it's fine...i was alos kiasu...ask the sistas here for advise during my time...hehehe

Nadia: yes i m here..except a bit lost aft my scan today and dr said my follicles some are too small..they injected another 250iu of puregon wic i find a bit weird as the dosage is quite low..mayb they dun wan me to get ohss..or since i dun hv pcos, my follicles are quite few..i hope my eggs will grow better tomorrow..dr wanna do er on wed but i m tinking whether i shud postpone to thurs..quite stress seh thinking abt this..

Rashal: up ur egg whites intake...I doubt u will get severe OHSS cos ur eggs r not alot..maybe mild one only...I tink u can email to Dr Loh and seek his advice whether they can increase ur puregon dosage...Relax urself...and pray ur eggs will grow well...

Nadia: i dun hv dr loh's email..nw i m waiting to see dr thou its nt dr loh..my scan i heard my follicles were 16,17,12,11 n 9.5...i dunno whether i shud wait till thurs to do er..

Rashal: u can ask the sistas in the other forum..I tink they shld have...wish u all the best for ur er...take care...

Salam all..i m back from pregnyl injection..nt tt painful at all..v quick e nurse jab for me..gonna do er on fri n take out the few eggs tt i hv..insya' Allah can fertilise by ICSI n get gd grade..if nt muz cum back for 2nd cycle already..

Tintedhopes: 2mrw is ur counselling right? If u need any tips,jz drop us a note here alrite..

Rashal: Best of luck dear.. In the meantime still continue with ur egg whites... Rest well... We need just 1 egg to succeed... So dun worry abt the little eggs u hv... All will go well n u will hv beautiful fertilized egg when u do ur ET Insya-allah

Nadia, thx so much for ur encouragement..i was v emotional ystrdy till DH calmed me dwn..nw tears come out easily n i will wanna sleep aft every injection..insya' Allah i will hv a gd fertilised egg..we shud nt giv up..feb is coming and so is ur FET..v fast rite =)

Rashal: it's k to be emotional..our hormones r a little on a high side...;-)...Most likely u will be on progrestrone jab support during ur 2ww...U will need to go to KK tru and fro...For now u just rest well..tomolo is an important day...;-) Wish u all the best

Nadia: wake up already nw n preparing to go kkh..i m so nervous for my er..i hppe evrything will b ok insya' Allah..

Rashal: u will be fine... Best of luck.. Once ER over... Take n do everything all slowly... Cramp is normal after ER ... Insya allah all be fine... Best of luck

Hi all,

i went for the registration yesterday. Booked to start my cycle only in may, thats the earliest slot =(

i didnt know have to book. i tot can start right away..

good luck to you rashal, may everything go smoothly for u today, insyallah.

Tintedhopes: good for u....dun worry May will come fast...in the meantime..take ur time to prepare ur body....;-)...their slot is normally prebook early...Mine registration was done in March..but cycle only start in June...(last year)...

Tintedhopes: i tink uts gd to start preparing ur body nw evwn tho ur cycle in may..can start to take supplements like e one we mention and also egg whites twice a wk..insya' Allah dear..

Nadia: back fr ER..dr took out 3 eggs..hopefully they can get fertilised for et on mon..i didnt noe i will get sedated v fast..in 10 seconds i concuss already..so far alhamdulillah i didnt get nausea only my left side a bit crampy juz like wat u said..btw, i know u went to dr zou but does she put needles in ur body for accu?

Rashal: good for u..3...hope all fertilised well...yup very fast...sedated...I was lucky managed to say Hi to my dr..before passing out...Put some heat pad if too crampy...Yup Dr Zou does put needles at front tummy area for 20 mins and the back for another 20 mins..U can go there on Sat & Sun...do call to fix appt...after transfer no accu...

Nadia: haha..i hold the sticker in my hand till i managed to say hi to doc..then i passed out..asked dh to get for me heatpad nw tt u mentioned..hw long will this go away? Are the needles painful?

The cramps depends dear...maybe a few days for u...For me it's 1 week plus of agonising cramps...argh...

Needles not painful..learn to relax ur body...it will be fine..if anywhere pain..let Dr Zou know..she will adjust for u...

Salam all..happy weekend hope u gey a lot of rest..my cramp has subsided alhamdulillah..went to catch a movie yst nite altho in a cab coz dh dun wan me on his bike..

Btw, faz n nadia, u all mentioned abt progesterone jabs aft ET..is it more painful than pregnyl jab coz my pregnyl jab i had it in my thighs..heard the progesterone is in the buttocks..i am so nervous abt tmrw ET

Rashal: salam to u... Gd ur cramps has subsided.. N u manage to catch a movie somemore woah... Hepi for u... Dun worry on ET... very fast like pap smear... I have not done the prog jab cos i was on insert.. Its at the buttock... But dun tink much of pain... Buttock more flesh... Breathe in n out n let them poke.. If sore after that do like Faz say... Soothe the area with warm towel... I will be taking my prog jab there after ET on the 1st day... Subsequent one I will get a GP to do it for me.. Dun wan to travel n tru n fro to kk.. Too far...

Nadia: u mean they can giv u options whether to do inserts or
jabs?yeah i think kk a bit far but u mentioned GP.. Hw do u go abt telling GP u want them to do the injections? Can polyclinics help? Hw much u pay for GP to jab?

Rashal: for urs will be jab.. Cos of less follicle retrieve mine is more than 15 so its inserts... For my FET this time round I request for jab instead of inserts...so Dr says k... I hv informed my GP downstairs abt the jab he says can but forgot to ask the cost.. I just nd to bring the progrestrone jab with me... Poly i am not so sure u hv to ask.. I prefer GP cos nearer and less waiting time... Poly long waiting time

Nadia: i tink u mayb rite esp poly since juz to get a jab i still need to q..but even my GP is abt 10min away..do u tink jabs r better than inserts? If i go kk for jabs, itz at 24 hr clinic rite?

Yup true need to q at poly n the wait is long.. Not sure whether done at 24hrs or kkivf itself... Hmm inserts u need to inserts deep in n rest at least 2 hrs.. I ask Dr Zou she says jab better so tats y i opt for it... The only hassle u hv to ask a dr to do it for u... But its fine for me... Last time my hubbie did the insert for me.. I seem to nvr insert deep enuff.. So this time since hubbie will be at werk n not here taking care of me during weekdays.. So jab it is...

Nadia: thx dear..u hv been such a doll answering to all my queries..hopefully the progesterone jabs will work for me coz i heard progesterone is impt for the embryos to implant..i dunno hw long they are gg to jab me but my HL is till 10 feb so mayb they will do a blood test on tt day..insya' Allah my embbies tt dr loh is transfetting tmrw r of gd grades..i discuss wit hubby whether to go kk or gp n he said he dun mind gg kk every nite..i dun tink i can b a pillion aft e trfr rite?

Rashal: prog jab will werk no worries...hmm normally test is done on day 19th...I did ask for HL till BT day...so do check with the nurse whether ur HL till BT day...Insya-allah ur embbies will be in good form...For ride bike I dun tink it's wise..extra care needed especially durung this 2ww...crucial..after werking so hard we wan to take extra care...dicuss with ur hubbie n see how..I dun wan to travel tru and fro by cab to KK...rather do it nearby my home...All the best for u...rest for the whole 1 week..subsequent do small walk for blood circulation..;-)

Back