IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

thanks nicolemama.
I'd failed IUI , 11x at private clinics. Now gg to NUH for IVF and was referred by my Doctor to Dr Lim Min Yu. I hope that his success rate is high as I really wan to get over the pain of each failure. Do you have to wait long before doing your IVF?
I have no say on success rate because I hasn't. But he was really nice and patient.
For waiting time wise, it was quite "orchestrated" to my menses and body condition. Didn't have to delay any cycles due to not having slots.
However do expect some waiting time in the clinic :)

thanks nicolemama.
I'd failed IUI , 11x at private clinics. Now gg to NUH for IVF and was referred by my Doctor to Dr Lim Min Yu. I hope that his success rate is high as I really wan to get over the pain of each failure. Do you have to wait long before doing your IVF?
thanks nicolemama.

11 IUI? Wow. Curious why didn't you change to ivf after few try of IUI?

4dp3dt... haiz. Two more weeks to go. Been insomnia for the past two nights. Hope it won't affect my embryos. By the way I know this question has been asked many times. When is the right time to do a home pregancy test? And what is the symptom that will trigger you to do a test?

my hubby abit "chor lor" type... that why i worried it hurts more :/
Hi,

Is not easy to jab yourself. I have try watch youtube to learn to jab myself but is really diffcult not as easy as you see, at the end i give up to ask my mum to jab for me as my hubby work late shift.. No matter how rough your hubby is he will still be gentle on you..

4dp3dt... haiz. Two more weeks to go. Been insomnia for the past two nights. Hope it won't affect my embryos. By the way I know this question has been asked many times. When is the right time to do a home pregancy test? And what is the symptom that will trigger you to do a test?
Hi
Me on 6dp5dt.. still have 8 more days to go for my BT. I never think of doing pregnancy test as i scare result may not be 100% correct. BUt my hubby wanted me to test but i don't wish.. Is up to you if u wan to try. Me also have insomnia. Trying not to think too much n relax myself.. Eat and rest well for us is the best...:)

Hi
Me on 6dp5dt.. still have 8 more days to go for my BT. I never think of doing pregnancy test as i scare result may not be 100% correct. BUt my hubby wanted me to test but i don't wish.. Is up to you if u wan to try. Me also have insomnia. Trying not to think too much n relax myself.. Eat and rest well for us is the best...:)
My insomnia very bad. Can only sleep at 2am, woke up at 4am, then toss and turn till morning. On and off took nap in the afternoon only. Ha! Usually is the wife that are super gan chiong. Very pei fu of your determination. Look forward to your good news in 8 days time!

Hi,

Is not easy to jab yourself. I have try watch youtube to learn to jab myself but is really diffcult not as easy as you see, at the end i give up to ask my mum to jab for me as my hubby work late shift.. No matter how rough your hubby is he will still be gentle on you..
The nurse nv teach? For me the first few times was the nerves of looking at the needles... slowly you kinda got used to it. But i am.glad the jabbing days are over

Hi,

Yup, dunno if i have the courage to jab myself anot... shall see how the nurse guide me.. else, will get my hubby to jab.... :)

The nurse nv teach? For me the first few times was the nerves of looking at the needles... slowly you kinda got used to it. But i am.glad the jabbing days are over
yup, i am also scare to look at the needles.. poking in.... glad that ur jabbing days are over :)

Yup, dunno if i have the courage to jab myself anot... shall see how the nurse guide me.. else, will get my hubby to jab.... :)[/QUO
The nurse teach us and show an example too.. Later on we do one jab infront of the nurse.. Me too finally jab had ended ...:)

My insomnia very bad. Can only sleep at 2am, woke up at 4am, then toss and turn till morning. On and off took nap in the afternoon only. Ha! Usually is the wife that are super gan chiong. Very pei fu of your determination. Look forward to your good news in 8 days time!
Wow your insomnia really bad.. I wen bed at 12am and toss around 1am then sleep thru till 10+am ten awake.. Me no nap scare i cant sleep at nite. Try relax yourself..:)

Reactions: JTH
Baby dust to you and good luck for yr coming FET.
You still have 7 strong embryos waiting for you. Jia you.
Continue to eat healthy and prepare yr body for the next fet. Good Luck babe.
Thanks Dear!
I just came back from an overseas trip and felt rejuvenated and ready to try round 2. Saw Dr Lim last Friday and questioned on why it was no successful despite me have pretty good body condition (lining was 13mm).. He says definitely not diet.. Prob due to embryo chromosome which SG isn't approved to test.. Now wishing my 7 more embies will b great ... Started my Mercilon 2days before. ET should be around mid May (I'm on medicated FET)...
Catching all the dusts!

must do the jab infront of the nurse ahh.... omg! pray hard that i be able to do tt :X
anw, is there anything i must take note of during the jab, other then drink alot of water and eat egg white?
glad urs had ended too! :) good luck!!

must do the jab infront of the nurse ahh.... omg! pray hard that i be able to do tt :X
anw, is there anything i must take note of during the jab, other then drink alot of water and eat egg white?
glad urs had ended too! :) good luck!!
I not sure your nurse will ask you do infront or they will just show you example. At first you will scare but slowly it will be Okie.. Other then egg white i also eat avocado, edamame, nuts n berries they are good in protein. Drink Longan red date drink everyday too. Jiayou! Jiayou! Good luck to u too...:)

I had pretty bad insomnia during tww. Went back work maybe tiring sleeping much better. I did my self test on 12dp5et.

I had pretty bad insomnia during tww. Went back work maybe tiring sleeping much better. I did my self test on 12dp5et.
Insomnia since the transfer. Now already 5dp3et. Seem like I only sleep 3-4 hrs per day. So so tired. Worried my insomnia affected the growth of my embryo and it's implantation :(

Insomnia since the transfer. Now already 5dp3et. Seem like I only sleep 3-4 hrs per day. So so tired. Worried my insomnia affected the growth of my embryo and it's implantation :(

Dont worry dont think it will affect. The day before et i didn't sleep at all, flip and turn thruout the night. It persist till blood test or so. Went back work then manage to sleep like before. Try nap if you can sleep.

I'm 6dp5dt, BT next Monday... also contemplating if I should do a home test before the actually BT. I still taking Dr Zou the TCM medicine, makes me very hot if I drink it right before bed, hence past few nights didn't sleep well also, always wake up 2-3 times due to heat.

I'm 6dp5dt, BT next Monday... also contemplating if I should do a home test before the actually BT. I still taking Dr Zou the TCM medicine, makes me very hot if I drink it right before bed, hence past few nights didn't sleep well also, always wake up 2-3 times due to heat.

Body warm is a good sign

I'm 9dp3dt and my bt is next Wednesday. Feeling warm is good. I read that during pregnancy your temperature should be higher than normal. I m having cramp and little pink discharge today. Afraid AF is coming :( very tempted to do a HPT tomorrow.

I'm 9dp3dt and my bt is next Wednesday. Feeling warm is good. I read that during pregnancy your temperature should be higher than normal. I m having cramp and little pink discharge today. Afraid AF is coming :( very tempted to do a HPT tomorrow.

Hi, I also have the cramp and leg weakness that you feel few days before AF, started 3 days post transfer and on and off past few days. I came back to work 5 days after transfer. Hope I won't regret this

my menses like cramp is getting more obvious today :( I have a feeling AF is coming. The warm and hotness I felt could be due to TCM medicine I take before bed. Aih

Hi, I also have the cramp and leg weakness that you feel few days before AF, started 3 days post transfer and on and off past few days. I came back to work 5 days after transfer. Hope I won't regret this
my menses like cramp is getting more obvious today :( I have a feeling AF is coming. The warm and hotness I felt could be due to TCM medicine I take before bed. Aih
same here too :( the pink discharge seem getting heavier today. Have you do a HPT? I did and it BFN. 10dp3dt. So I am not putting any hope in this cycle. I think for you as long as no spotting, u still stand a chance. Jia you!

same here too :( the pink discharge seem getting heavier today. Have you do a HPT? I did and it BFN. 10dp3dt. So I am not putting any hope in this cycle. I think for you as long as no spotting, u still stand a chance. Jia you!

Thank you. Hopefully but I'm not very hopeful now. AF feeling quite strong today. No pink discharge yet may be because on crinone gel and estrofem insert.

Hi sharkles n Fel C.. Actually I thought the nurse would show me. But she asked me to do myself. Haha. She watched la and gave me instructions. Also had a demo needle where she showed how to remove the cap all. But the injection I do myself. There's a second injection starting with E that one I have to come back on Monday morning n nurse will help me to inject. She says that one is too expensive for me to risk doing it wrongly on my own. Lolol

The injection not that pain la. Just the usual localised injection pain.. I felt a bit of pinching afterward but now I'm alright
i was also given the 1st e jab called Elonva. it was an expensive needle and so the nurse got to do for me. so monday i jab organtrulan myself. dont knoe why i was given Elonva

Hi ladies. I am out. Full AF appear today :( will be going Kk for blood test tomorrow to have a proper closure and move forward to next plan. I have a question for you ladies. I thought the daily progesterone vaginal gel suppose to delay AF. How come my AF came one week earlier before blood test? Strange.....

Hi ladies. I am out. Full AF appear today :( will be going Kk for blood test tomorrow to have a proper closure and move forward to next plan. I have a question for you ladies. I thought the daily progesterone vaginal gel suppose to delay AF. How come my AF came one week earlier before blood test? Strange.....

Big hugs. Take the time to recover.
Not always will the gel delay AF. Still depend on individual.
Do u hv any frosties? Maybe discuss with dr what else you can do like, scratching, supplements, Tcm, acupuncture, etc.
don't give up!

Hugzzz. Wait for Bt tomorrow. If not heavy flow then could still have chance. My TCM told me one lady thought she had menses and didn't do the blood test but she's actually pregnant, when found out she had a MC already. I guess it's always easier said than done. I myself also can feel the cramp everyday and thinking my AF is due soon. Very nervous about my BT on Monday

Do u hv any frosties? Maybe discuss with dr what else you can do like, scratching, supplements, Tcm, acupuncture, etc.
don't give up!
don't give up!

Blood test today but didn't get the result. Maybe will get it on Monday. My last two embryo didn't make it to froze :( because I am hitting 40 in a mth time. Nurse actually told me if doc allow, I can go for next ivf in May. She will check with doc and advise me on Monday. But hubby want me to rest my body. Delimma.

Hugzzz. Wait for Bt tomorrow. If not heavy flow then could still have chance. My TCM told me one lady thought she had menses and didn't do the blood test but she's actually pregnant, when found out she had a MC already. I guess it's always easier said than done. I myself also can feel the cramp everyday and thinking my AF is due soon. Very nervous about my BT on Monday

Super heavy flow so I am 100% confirm I am out. How are you? Don't worry too much. Pray you get bfp on Monday.

Super heavy flow so I am 100% confirm I am out. How are you? Don't worry too much. Pray you get bfp on Monday.
Hi,
It's weird they don't call you after the blood test. Usually only take 2-3 hours. I have the menses like cramp now and then almost daily. U know the kind that radiates a bit to your leg also. Luckily my husband needed me to go for rugby sevens for today and tomorrow which take the whole day so I get to not think about this too much. Will not do home test to make myself even more negative. Hopefully it will be ok for me on Monday. Take care too! Thanks for your wishes. Rest well too!!

taken my first jab called elonva on thur by the nurse. i was surprised that i do not need to jab until Mon and also felt happy about it :) Monday will be done by my hubby and i am abit worry about it. started to get flu today and not sure whether it affect the follicles stimulation or not.
May I know do you feel cramp/pain at the lower abdominal when starting the jab and what to eat during the stimulation and what food to avoid?

Blood test today but didn't get the result. Maybe will get it on Monday. My last two embryo didn't make it to froze :( because I am hitting 40 in a mth time. Nurse actually told me if doc allow, I can go for next ivf in May. She will check with doc and advise me on Monday. But hubby want me to rest my body. Delimma.

Can consider to do in May if you still entitled for the govt grant. I had 2 failed so-iui. KKH told me to do every alt mth higher changes, i went double check with tcm and she say it is true cause our body are more adapting to the stimulation etc. I had 2 so-iui & ivf in the last 8 months almost every alt months. Dont give up JTH.

taken my first jab called elonva on thur by the nurse. i was surprised that i do not need to jab until Mon and also felt happy about it :) Monday will be done by my hubby and i am abit worry about it. started to get flu today and not sure whether it affect the follicles stimulation or not.
May I know do you feel cramp/pain at the lower abdominal when starting the jab and what to eat during the stimulation and what food to avoid?

Flu & cough doesn't affect stimulation. I had flu & cough b4 i started stimulation wanna postpone but gync say ok to proceed and i'm bfp. So dont worry. Good Luck Fel C

Can consider to do in May if you still entitled for the govt grant. I had 2 failed so-iui. KKH told me to do every alt mth higher changes, i went double check with tcm and she say it is true cause our body are more adapting to the stimulation etc. I had 2 so-iui & ivf in the last 8 months almost every alt months. Dont give up JTH.
Oh... but my ET is on 1st Apr, AF on 14th Apr. I will see dr on wed and If he think I can proceed on May cycle (before my 40th birthday in end May), I will need to decide on the spot so am thinking hard now. It's like really the next mth, and not alt? Wondering if my body can take it or not :(

Last edited:
Flu & cough doesn't affect stimulation. I had flu & cough b4 i started stimulation wanna postpone but gync say ok to proceed and i'm bfp. So dont worry. Good Luck Fel C
thank for ur info. i also experience on and off crampings. haiz so many problems

Hi JTH,

Take care and rest well for 1 or 2 month to try again. Maybe go for holiday to rest and relax yourself. Like me planning for one already.

Hi Fel C

You won't feel any pain or cramp just per normal. Just be careful don't feel nervous while jab if not you will get bruises. Take more protein food like egg white, avocado, nuts, beef, fish and etc. Avoid cold food n drinks. Have Longan red date daily.

Sisters, any idea how soon after failed fresh should i start fet? This was my 3rd failed fresh cycle... many things to arrange again, see work schedule, etc... sometimes dunno where we find the endurance to keep doing this...

Sisters, any idea how soon after failed fresh should i start fet? This was my 3rd failed fresh cycle... many things to arrange again, see work schedule, etc... sometimes dunno where we find the endurance to keep doing this...
Jiayou. Dont give up. I had a frd tried iui & ivf 13 times total and eventually got a healthy girl.

Oh... but my ET is on 1st Apr, AF on 14th Apr. I will see dr on wed and If he think I can proceed on May cycle (before my 40th birthday in end May), I will need to decide on the spot so am thinking hard now. It's like really the next mth, and not alt? Wondering if my body can take it or not :(

See what the doctor recommend then. Stimulation in march and next cycle may seems ok to me thou. Tiao yr body with tcm in the mean time. 6.3k gov quite a lot. Et need to done by yr 40th birthday if not mistaken. Jiayou and good luck JTH.

Hi Fel C

You won't feel any pain or cramp just per normal. Just be careful don't feel nervous while jab if not you will get bruises. Take more protein food like egg white, avocado, nuts, beef, fish and etc. Avoid cold food n drinks. Have Longan red date daily.
thanks i am trying to eat all the above mentioned. i feel so full.

thanks i am trying to eat all the above mentioned. i feel so full.
Hi,

Wow wow not need take so much at a time, take it slowly especially egg white like 2 in morning 2 at nite.. I ever eat till i scare of egg white and reduce the amount. For fruits get some berries they are good too also edamame.

Back